[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Mark Gattis just confirmed the League of Gentlemen will b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

File: you'll never leave.jpg (991KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
you'll never leave.jpg
991KB, 1600x900px
So Mark Gattis just confirmed the League of Gentlemen will be back for an anniversary special.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39690169/the-league-of-gentlemen-will-make-tv-comeback-writer-says

Who else here is /local/?
>>
This is a local thread for local posters.
>>
>We didn't burn him!
>>
Hello Dave.
>>
>>81995442
pls no laugh track.
>>
>>81995442
cant stand irish humor, whats this show about, it looks dum
>>
>>81995537
There's nothing for you here.
>>
ANY USED TISSUES YOU NEED DISPOSING OF?
>>
>>81995537

Poofda eh? I met your kind in the forces...
>>
>>81995442
The BBC will butcher it.
>>
>>81995537
Hello hello, what's all this shitposting? We'll have no trouble here.
>>
>....nnnnnewsagent...
>Egregious
>Policeman, carpet fitter, tinker, tailor, soldier, spy

Ross is great.
>>
I CAN I CAN'T?
>>
>>81995442

I hope there's no fucking laugh track this time
>>
>>81995689
>>81995532
it's not a laugh track, though
>>
Well we can't take the bus, there's nowhere to put the change.
>>
>>81995707
u wot?
>>
>>81995707

Well it's not a live audience, you dickhead
>>
How's your nipples, /tv/?
>>
>>81995442
>gatiss is gay
ruined the show for me honestly
>>
>>81995578
What makes you say that?
>>
You know I've got this gun
>>
Pervert eh?

Sex...on the brain! Wet the bed I'll bet as a boy!
No sisters!
>>
/tv/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnWd0iv8Dq4
>>
>>81995911

I think these two are more cultured than your average /tv/ poster desu
>>
>>81995749
Certain interior scenes actually were filmed in front of a live audience. The rest of the show was played to the same audience and their laughter was recorded.

I never had a problem with the presence of the audience, honestly. The League of Gentlemen originated as a stage act and I think a lot of the sketches naturally suited that live, theatrical feel.
>>
After the first series, this show declined rapidly. I have no desire to see it return, even though I'm a fan of the first series.
>>
>>81996204

Inside No. 9 has been really good I think they have a good edge to their writing right now which could make for a good show.

Doesn't look like they will do a new series, just a special so we'll see.
>>
>>81995578
Gatiss will butcher it

Psychoville and Inside No. 9 have been mostly good and occasionally kino. And Pemberton and Sheersmith's other small roles have been decent even in trash like Benidorm.

Meanwhile Gatiss has been writing shit Dr Who episodes and putting in meme performances in Game of Thrones and Taboo. Should stick to writing documentaries about Horror films and books
>>
>>81996459
>meme performances
what does this even mean?
>>
Plymouth?
>>
hilary the butcher was by far the best sketch, loved that you never actually found out what the 'special stuff' was
>>
I watched a few eps of this, got a few laughs. But soon tired of it.
>>
>>81996459
He was great in Taboo m8 don't hate.
>>
MAU MAU
>>
A frog delivery for a Mr. Denton?
>>
>>81997460

It was foreskins anon, the butcher was called Hillary Briss
>>
>>81997559
he was totally hamming it up, something almost straight out of black adder ffs
>>
>>81998834
That part called for ham, and he delivered. The over the top makeup was a bit dodgy though.
>>
>>81996505
It means nothing.
Plebs use it as a derogatory observation, in an effort to sound funny and right.
>>
>>81996459
Question is whether the others can contain Gatiss at this point, possibly not.

Spike managed it with Peter Sellers in the Goons but Spike Milligan was a once a generation force of nature and Jeremy Dyson isn't that.
>>
I do wonder if there is anything they can actually do.

>Papa Lazarou - just forget it, it never happened, burn the tapes.
>Barbara - hate speech.
>Pauline - misogyny, 'ban bossy'.

LoG came out at a strange time when political correctness was temporarily fairly relaxed, we were post-X and it was generally thought most people weren't racist or sexist so we didn't need to be so uptight. A lot of it is laughing at stuff that you'd see in 70s films but it takes a certain ironic view of things to understand that.

This was before the tumblr, SJWs and Twitter hate mobs.

We live in more Stalinist times today when nobody is innocent of ideological crimes even if they are (subconscious micro-aggressions have no defence). LoG is fairly macro-offensive at its best.

>TLDR; Millennials ruin everything as usual.
>>
>>81999941
TL;DR: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>81995689
>>81995532
>the retard laugh in the audience throughout series 1

Drove me mad
>>
>>82000028
I've rewatched it recently on Netflix, I genuinely don't see what room they've got work in.
>>
>>81996459
mmmm...be very...very...careful now
>>
>>81999941
Don't forget the predatory homosexual/pedosexual German
>>
>>82000569
Indeed. The list just goes on really.

Maybe it will just be an unironic one-hour performance from Legz Akimbo about the evils of manspreading.
>>
>>81995442
>>82000218
This is one of my Dad's favourite comedy series. He wants me to watch it.
Is it actually good anons?
>>
>>82001643
If you enjoy mean spirited black comedy with some absurdism.
>>
Okey cokey pig in a pokey
>>
>>82000569
herr Lip
i never saw the pun
>>
File: roy-chubby-brown.jpg (31KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
roy-chubby-brown.jpg
31KB, 615x409px
>>81995442
>tfw nobody gets the chubby brown reference
>>
>>81999941
I'm surprised the beeb gave the new episode approval. LoG, like Monkey Dust, seemed like something the beeb would sweep under the carpet and pretend never existed lest they trigger their guardian reading executives.
>>
>>82003785
He was the mayor. I was always really surprised that the bbc was fine with Roy "gas the pakis, race war now" Chubby Brown appearing.
>>
Excuse me, does anybody have a bottle of orange juice?
>>
>>82005437
Would you like a can a cunt?
>>
>tfw somebody tries to lead a game of Go Johnny Go Go Go Go with a 5 and doesn't even know how to name their pairs.
>>
What was the darkest joke they did?
>>
>>82005348
He's not the man he was.
>>
"I myself am not fond of the darkness – I sleep with the lights on now. It’s in the darkness I see the boy’s face. Eyes protruding, tongue out... black."
>>
>>81995576
You wont catch me with my trousers down
>>
>>82007133
The woman who'd had a miscarriage selling the baby clothes and things she had bought to the charity shop.
>>
>>81995442
Hope it's better than his latest Shitlock crap
>>
WANT TO BUY SOME CLOTHES PEGS, DAVE?
>>
>>82007133
Some of the lethal vet jokes are pretty dark
>>
Favourite character, go.
>>
TWELFTY
>>
>Alright cleverdick...that's enough.
>....An astronaut!
>PISS OFF!
>>
>>82007133
Not dark, but the Creme Brulee guy was pretty depressing and funny at the same time.
>>
>>81995442
Here's hoping its not complete shit like most cash ins are. Will still watch it desu
>>
>>82003785
Royston Vasey, the name of the town in LoG, is Chubby Brown's real name.
>>
>>82008825
Mickey
>>
>>82008825
Geoff
>>
>>81995578
>Oh no! There's an BAME actor in a minor role :(
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.