[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Ironman >easily stood up against the demigod Thor in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

>be Ironman
>easily stood up against the demigod Thor in The Avengers
>was able to subdue the Hulk in AoU
>was literally fighting for dear life against Captain America, a measly super human

Why are power levels in the MCU so fucking inconsistent?

also, who is legitimately the strongest guy in all the MCU (excluding IG Thanos)?
>>
Hulk
>>
>>81983396
why doesnt he just make hulkbuster his default suit? he's dramatically stronger with the cost of just losing a bit of his mobility. seems like a great trade-off
>>
>>81983396

>He didn't easly beat Thor, he got a bullshit power boost that put him on equal footing (Thanks Whedon)

>Hulkbuster was made to beat Hulk, as stupid as it is that its never called upon again (Thanks Whedon)

>Fighting against 2 Superhumans with 10x better fighting skills than Tony. And even then, if he wasn't trying not to kill Cap he could have killed them both.

Im glad Joss is gone tho. He really has no idea how to power scale these characters.
>>
>>81983488

It uses a fuck ton of power and is slow. Its basically a walking target for anything quick and strong enough to take it out.
>>
>>81983396
>IM vs, Thos - science vs. religion
>IM vs Hulk - technology vs. nature
>IM vs. CA - gobalism vs. nationalism
POTTERY
>>
But he did beat the fuck out of them both supersoldiers. He just didn't want to kill Captain so, when hesitated, Bucky distract him and Captain sucker punched him.
>>
>>81983396
Strongest is Strange, no contest, He wields an Infinity Gem.
>>
>>81983396
because Ironman's superpower is money, which beats absolutely everything else.
>>
>>81983488

Because he is a DEXfag.
>>
>>81983396
>>was able to subdue the Hulk in AoU

Only because he was in a giant suit.

>>was literally fighting for dear life against Captain America, a measly super human

It was two versus one. You forgot the Winter Soldier.
>>
>>81983903
So does The Vision
>>
>>81983488
Doesn't it need the gamma radiation from the Hulk to work?
>>
>>81983396
>was literally fighting for dear life against Captain America
Did we watch the same movie? He completely destroys Cap in a 2v1 and barely breaks a sweat. If he wanted to kill Cap he would have just blasted him off a cliff after he disarmed his shield
>>
File: doar.jpg (66KB, 750x613px) Image search: [Google]
doar.jpg
66KB, 750x613px
God the Father is the strongest in all universes
>>
with the comics scale of powers its strange by a mile. but since hes pretty de-powered in the mcu I'd say vision or thor
>>
>>81983396
>needed huge armor to take down Hulk
>Thor almost killed him in Avengers
>>
>>81983396
If i remember correct he won that fight and then Bucky pulled his leg then Cap follows up.

dirty Cap
>>
I know that Iron man is strong, but is he stronger than Uchiha Madara?

And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

I’m talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Izanagi and Izanami), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using the Infinite Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu, Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu
>>
>>81985611
But he actually knows how to use it
>>
>>81983396
>>easily stood up against the demigod Thor in The Avengers
This never happened
>>was able to subdue the Hulk in AoU
This was in special anti-hulk armor and it still didn't go that well.
Also as another anon said it makes the fight much harder if hes using non lethal attacks.
>>
>>81987432
I would argue that iron man managed to fight Hulk enough to stop his mind control. He didn't beat him. The building pancake just got him to his senses.
>>
Iron Man didn't "easily stand up against" Thor. Thor was crushing his suit with his bare hands. That fight was not going to last long at all.

Also, Captain America and Winter Soldier were fighting Iron Man, and neither of them are "measly." Sure, Tony probably should have won anyway, but you are overplaying Iron Man and underplaying CA and WS.
>>
>>81984003
kek

>>81983396
these movies are for children and man-babbies; the power levels are whatever they need to be to make the scene """""Dramatic"""""
>>
>>81983396
>Why are power levels in the MCU so fucking inconsistent?

In iron man's case it was writers forcing a very specific situation where this could happen.

Before the 2v1 fight oficially starts iron man's armor was severely damaged.

>he couldn't fly properly
>He wasted the red hand lasers trying to keep captain america away so he could chase winter soldier
>his targeting system was off so he couldn't shoot his missiles without having to take out his helmet.

Basically he was in a situation where he could only fight melee with a damaged armor against two super soldiers and even then he beat both of them and only lose because writers decided in the last moment "Cap can't lose in his own movie.".
>>
File: IMG_0290.jpg (31KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0290.jpg
31KB, 300x420px
>>81983396
Science will always win at the end
>>
>>81983396
>who is legitimately the strongest guy in all the MCU
By strongest I'm assuming you mean most powerful so I'm gonna say Dr. Strange.
>>
>>81988001
>Iron Man didn't "easily stand up against" Thor. Thor was crushing his suit with his bare hands. That fight was not going to last long at all.

I will agree that thor had the upper hand on melee but iron man was about to use his long ranger weaponry against him when cap show up. Since the fight ended we will never know how effectively those weapons would be against movie thor(remember this guy is not as powerful as comic book thor).
>>
>>81985865
Kek. This pasta always gets me.
>>
>>81985865
The amount of autism in this pasta never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>81985865
is this the original? pretty fucking hard to read
>>
>>81988966
Wasn't his armor damaged by fighting them? It's not like there was anyone else he fought in that room. He sustained armor damage over the fight, but that's just part of being Iron Man.
>>
>>81989084
why is thanos even trying if strange is so good?
>>
>>81989289
Thanos in Greek is a relatively common name that is short for Athanasios or Thanasis. (as in you call a Robert, Bob. or a Richard, Rick)
It's always struck me as odd that they named a supervillain with godlike powers the equivalent of Bob.
Sup Bob, destroyer of worlds?
>>
>>81989758
I assume they were aiming for the greek word θάνατος meaning death
>>
>>81989818
It's the same root word sure, but it sounds silly.
>>
>>81989818
I'm not a comicsfag but isn't death an actual entity that Thanos is in love with?
>>
File: youtu.be-Wllc5gSc-N8.jpg (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
youtu.be-Wllc5gSc-N8.jpg
1MB, 1280x720px
>>81989014
>science
>>
>>81983396
>>was literally fighting for dear life against Captain America, a measly super human

The minute Tony stops seeing red and gets Friday to help Cap gets almost effortlessly raped
>>
File: rageface_Vegeta.jpg (94KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rageface_Vegeta.jpg
94KB, 480x360px
because
POWER LEVELS ARE BULLSHIT
>>
>>81985865
>Uchiha Madara

Fuck I hope this rivals potter meme pasta.
>>
>>81983396
Godammit, I hate disliking the MCU but also being autistic enough to be able to spot where it's consistent and isn't:

>stood up against the demigod Thor

Thor has no truck with modern technology, and doesn't understand electricity. Tony's suit is an engineer's wet dream that can apparently store vast amounts of electric energy. So like, well, a big dumb viking Thor opened the fight with lightning, which basically let the suit enter kaiokenX3 because it's lasers were literally overcharged.

Notice Thor can still physically overpower and even crunch the suit even with his bare hands. He just opened the fight poorly by infusing it with divine lightning.

>subdue the Hulk

The Hulkbuster's arm sucked in Hulk's fist; guessing it's like a big chinese finger trap so it's effectively using Hulk's strength against it. Probably has some REALLY good cushioning in the heavy plating too.

And to be fair Hulk was running out of steam really, really fast once he was punted near innocents.

>fighting for dear life

Shield was apparently able to withstand the lasers. Regular old suit with no lightning overcharge. Not actually going to defend this though, they've been wanking Cap's physical parameters with each successive movie.

You wanna talk about inconsistency, don't even get me started on Cap somehow stalemating fucking ULTRON.
>>
>>81983396
So far? Dormamu, easily. Too bad he jobbed to Strange's bargain.
>>
>>81983555
Nice trips

The hulkbuster is too dangerous to use I bet. Last time he whipped it out, a good chunk of a city was fucked up and he doesn't want to wear it and remind everyone of it.
>>
>>81983396
If you're wondering how Mike eats and breaths and other science facts, just repeat to yourself it's just a show; I should really just relax.
>>
>>81991671
I figure it's more that it's not good at anything but punching big dumb monsters in the face. Tony's other suits weld stuff, catch people mid-flight, folds up so he can whip it out as a surprise-all kinds of fine motor shit the Hulkbuster probably can't manage
>>
>>81983396
>>easily stood up against the demigod Thor in The Avengers
He has the propelling power in his suit to physically push Thor around but he had no capability of actually physically damaging Thor except for possibly the crimson cutting lasers.
>>
>>81985865
I am honored to meet a fellow /qa/bber
>>
>ITT : fat autistic manchildren
>>
>>81989084
I'd argue Dr. Doom is more powerful.
>>
>>81994316

He's not in the MCU and just as well, I feel like it would be impossible to do him justice in live action.
>>
>was literally fighting for dear life against Captain America, a measly super human
capt america is probably the only hero in the movie who's power is dependent on the scene hes in,its all over the place sometimes hes throwing bikes another hes strugling to beat up normal people in fistcombat.
>>
Hulk's strength is contingent on an unquantifiable emotion. He is literally a "pull a power level out your ass" machine, since he's as strong as the writer needs him to be at any given moment.

Because of this, Hulk's strength is basically unlimited, so he is by definition the character who has the capacity for the most strength.
>>
>>81983396

he has different suits, obviously the hulk buster is not as powerful as whatever suit he had on his chopper which was maybe just for emergencies, it didnt seem to have the prehensile detachable parts of his current main suit that would have helped in catching Bucky
>>
>>81985653
comic yes.
Movies....unspecified.
>>
>>81985865
isn't there a one with cell? I like that one.
>>
>>81989918
Yes
>>
>>81983396
The simple answers is writers focus on how their powers can fit the plot, now how overpowered or not they actually are in comic form.
>>
File: 1492931117899.png (288KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
1492931117899.png
288KB, 623x527px
>>81983396
Let me explain this to you child. Iron Manlet has been an emotionally driven character since the very first Iron Man movie. The reason he isn't a weapons dealer anymore is because he FELT bad his weapons were getting sold to terrorist. That being said when he found out about his mommy and daddy getting murder by Bucky instead of thinking straight he went to his emotions first. When you fight with more emotion than brain you're going to have a bad time. Cap and Bucky took advantage of that and that's how you get to the end of the fight. With CAPTAIN MOTHER FUCKING AMERICA ON TOP.
>>
>>81991671
Watch it job against Thanos.
>>
>>81983635
I know this isn't serious, but cap is not a nationalist in that movie, he is a imperialistic interventionist that doesn't care about the sovereignty of any people
>>
>>81985910
He doesn't even know what it is.
>>
>>81994705
this desu, his Civil War suit implies sacrifying power over portability
>>
>>81989842
Good thing the target audience wasn't Greece then.

To an English speaker, the name sounds as otherworldly as any of the asguardian characters.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.