[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just rewatched Alien and am blown away once again. The pacing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Just rewatched Alien and am blown away once again. The pacing and atmosphere are top-notch, all the set pieces are great, the acting is solid, the horror/gore elements really well done.

What are the chances Alien: Covenant will be half as good as this classic?
>>
>>81982929
Hey, I just watched Alien too...
Like five minutes ago.

Actually, it's the first time I sat through the whole movie, as a kid it terrified me, but now I've kind of come over that stuff, but I gotta say, this was certainly one of the better horror movies I've seen.
>>
>>81982929

>Alien: Covenant will be half as good as this classic

none but I'll surely watch it at least a couple times in the theater
>>
>>81984411

Yeap, its kind of a shame really.
>>
>>81984411
Can someone explain the whole Alien thing to me? How do they reproduce? Do they turn people into Aliens? If so, how? Do they have their own black goo they can make? Because it looks like facehuggers aren't the only way Aliens are made.
>>
>>81985379

Have you watched any of the films?
>>
>>81985411
I watched Prometheus and Alien today.
The rest? No.
>>
>>81985459

Ah see, you must watch Aliens for your answers
>>
>>81982929
Aliens > Alien
>>
>>81985527
they're both great for different reasaons
>>
The dialogue when The crew was eating was weird. Everyone was talking nonsense all at once
>>
File: wheatfarmer2.jpg (141KB, 700x750px) Image search: [Google]
wheatfarmer2.jpg
141KB, 700x750px
>>81985527
no

>>81985570
yes but Alien is greaterer
>>
>>81982929
I wasn't really impressed the first time I watched it, then I watched it 10 years later and imo it's easily a 9/10. The whole Trilogy is great. People shit on 2 and 3 but there's not a thing wrong with any of them.

Prometheus is overrated.
>>
>>81985605
So, like when a crew is eating?
>>
File: 1491051212054.png (560KB, 903x805px) Image search: [Google]
1491051212054.png
560KB, 903x805px
Anyone who thinks that Alien 3 is good or, dare I say, better than Alien or Aliens needs to seriously reevaluate their life.
>>
Why is the soundtrack so good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9egQyLpEyI
>>
>>81985621
>Prometheus is overrated.
Doesn't everyone hate it though? I think it's underrated
>>
>>81985637
Yeah it caught my ear was uncanny
>>
>>81985621
are you me? maybe it's cuz fincher is one of my faves but the cut that's on the blu ray is aweome

and resurrection is fun
>>
>>81985769
3's directors cut is quite good.

The cut scene of Dallas and Brett being morphed into cocoons in Alien is horrifying. Wish that stayed in/becomes cannon in future movies.
>>
>>81982929
When the crew are eating dinner, Parker says "I'd rather be eating something else, but right now I'll stick with food" and looks over at Lambert. Was he implying that he wanted to eat Lambert out?
>>
>>81985669
>Anyone who thinks that Alien 3 is good or, dare I say, better than Alien or Aliens
I don't think anyone exists who thinks this
>>
>>81982929
These movies fucking suck. Once you get over the design there's nothing much else to these movies. Plus who gives a shit about the build up in the first one, it's like being a dumbass and watching six sense again after already knowing the ending.
>>
>>81985669
Alien 3 is good
>>
>>81986416
You dont enjoy life much do you
>>
>>81982929
>What are the chances Alien: Covenant will be half as good as this classic?
none
>>
>>81985527
Alien>Aliens>Alien 3>=Prometheus>dogshit>Alien Ressurection<AvP<AvP:R
>>
>>81987084
Correct.
>>
>>81982929
I watched Alien again not too long ago and thought it was super boring.
>>
alien really is a near perfect moobie
my only problems with it are lambert's acting and how weird the fight scene with ash is. why would he kill ripley by shoving a magazine in her mouth?
>>
>>81987308
It was symbolism for the sexual themes
>>
>>81987308
>why would a malfunctioning robitmin attempt to murder someone in a retarded way
youre stupid
>>
>>81982929
The chances are pretty good because Prometheus was an excellent movie. It's a shame that people couldn't enjoy the 50's pulp throwback aesthetic. I figure Covenant will again be a stylistically different take.
>>
>>81987308
Ash presumably wasn't programmed for murder, which would explain why his attempt at being violent is awkward and ineffective.
>>
Predator > Alien
>>
>>81987863
>Tripfag has shit taste
It's like clockwork
>>
>>81985379
it was turning Brett and Dallas into an egg, but only in the director's cut, and the scene has been ignored by the sequels. so far.
>>
Alien >>>> Aliens > Predator

The rest of the franchise doesn't exist
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.