[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>since A New Hope was about a fun space adventure, all subsequent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: vader choke.jpg (46KB, 370x251px) Image search: [Google]
vader choke.jpg
46KB, 370x251px
>since A New Hope was about a fun space adventure, all subsequent star wars movies/media can only be about a fun space adventure or else they are "just not Star Wars"
>any story that tries to make a more complicated or mature narrative with more interesting themes is shot down because it's "just not Star Wars"

this meme needs to end

no I'm not talking about rogue 1
>>
>>81967634
>Empire
>ROTS

But you are right
>>
File: 1491500510940.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491500510940.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>81967634
>rogue 1
>complicated or mature
>>
But Empire is widely regarded as the best one?
>>
By your logic, it's a good thing they completely changed the tone of Ghostbusters in the remake instead of respecting what people loved about the original.
>>
>>81967749
i literally said i wasnt referring to R1

>>81967733
>>81967784
i know im right, but ask most people and they wont recognize its because of the mature themes at play, theyll just refer to the cool laser sword and space battles and force lightning and not what was really going on

>>81967825
thats not my logic at all you literal retard, seeing as R1 was very different from the OT and i didnt say it was good just because it was different. it's shit but not only because it's different
>>
In A New Hope the bad guys kill several billion people to make a point.
>>
>>81967868
>thats not my logic at all you literal retard, seeing as R1 was very different from the OT
So what you're saying is that this thread is about R1
>>
>>81967634
Why not watch something that's genuinely mature? Find a movie that doesn't have it's own dedicated aisle at Toys R Us before you start pretending to be an adult.
>>
>>81967947
i dont have a problem calling star wars movies for children that arent necessarily complicated

but i do think that star wars movies are fun and gratifying, and do that best when there are actual stakes and moderately intelligent things going on, rather than just a continuous rehash of a new hope that tries to capture the feeling that movie had to definitely worse levels of success

i just think it's silly to limit a universe with only one kind of story for no reason
>>
>>81967634
>I obsess about the maturity of a children's space movie series
>>
>>81968089
Nobody is saying that they need to rehash the same movies over and over again, they're saying that it's important to respect the tone of the movies that people enjoy.
>>
>empire is widely regarded as the best
>empire is the most mature entry into the franchise

>attack of the clones is widely regarded as the worst
>attack of the clones is the least mature

so, what?
>>
>>81968181
anh and empire are very different tonally and are both widely regarded as the two best in the series

TFA is not tonally similar to anh and people dont like it

so...
>>
Nigga star wars will never go the mature and deep way because its literally made for children.
The empire will be moustache twirling bad guys who kill billions just because and the republic will be the good guys bringing democracy to the galaxy.
They could have made the series about how greedy and corrupt politicians destroy democracy from within which results in strong individuals taking all the power for themselves through popular votes but instead they focused on epic laser sword fights and space battles.
>>
>>81967634
What are you referring to specifically? Most franchises follow the style and key elements of the film that established it. Recently perhaps "Logan" somewhat broke from the mold of its predecessors due to the R rating.
>>
>>81968506
and it was one of if not the best movies in the franchise
>>
>POLITICS DOESN'T BELONG IN STAR WARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNSnJbjdws
>>
>>81968408
Except that's why people like it. It reminds them of the original movies. Even though it's only nostalgia.
>>
>>81970515
TFA isnt tonally similar to ANH, it's a cheap knockoff that tricked people into thinking it was the same through plot and callbacks

the fucking quips alone make it totally tonally different--more like a marvel movie--and all the callbacks and unecessary shoehorning of old stuff like the falcon made it not even faithful to its own new direction as a movie

those are people who dont like it's chief complaints about the movie
>>
>>81969360
Yes, though films like this are few and far between. If you want a mature "Star Wars", watch a sci-fi like "Alien". The problem is not that there aren't mature films within a genre but the infantile audiences which flock to see the more "popular" films actually aimed at children. If you want something to blame, turn to nerd culture which somehow became mainstream.
>>
>>81971203
i absolutely do blame nerd culture and hollywood greed, the first of which is the primary proponent of the argument in the op
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.