[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does the second season sucks so much fucking dick holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: TDBar640.jpg (54KB, 640x332px) Image search: [Google]
TDBar640.jpg
54KB, 640x332px
why does the second season sucks so much fucking dick holy shit i don't even know why i'm watching it
>>
>>81957381

too many protagonists. I guess they wanted to make the series more epic, or they responded to criticism that the first season is only really about two men. However it just doesn't make the show more interesting.

get rid of gay cop, make vince vaughn a more minor character, and give Will Farrel and Mean Girls more time to explore their characters.

I don't mind the over complicated plot. That's an important hallmark of the noir genre. But the messiness of stuff like The Big Sleep was fine to make excuses for snappy dialogue and cool settings and characters, but if you don't have those then you don't have anything.
>>
>>81957381
I understand all the criticisms of this season but I still loved it. I wish it was more focused on Ray and Ani, though. It needed a couple more passes in the script editing, if I were to say how to fix it. I still think it's better than anything else on t.v. but that's me.
>>
>>81957381
Diversity hire extra characters
>>
>>81957381
Because they weren't making their own thing

They were making "What People Though About True Detective 2"

>it was spooky and occult
>Uh... So get some animal masks and have the first murder set up like a ritual
>it had Hollywood actors having a come back
>Uh, get more of them this time.
>people liked Rust's depressing and nihilistic outlook on life
>Uh, ok, so everyone is super depressed and sad and likes to talk about philosophy

It wasn't trying to do its own in thing. It was just trying to respond to what people wanted and it tried to do that without actually understanding why people liked it.
>>
>>81957545
>>81958110
These. It's not particularly bad, it's more likely that the writer got so much praise from the first season that he probably went overboard and didn't get much feedback.
>>
>>81957381
The writing for the characters was horrible. They wanted every character to appear cool and especially deep. And for some reason the writers thought that making every character an alcoholic achieves that.
>>
looks like you got pleb filtered

daily reminder that if you actually unironically think season 2 is anything less than kino, you are a bonafide pleb
>>
Things are gonna be hard for a while, but you'll come out. 'Cause you got him in you. His fight is in you. Sometimes, a thing happens, splits your life. There's a before and after. I got like five of them at this point. And this is your first. But if you use it right, the bad thing, you use it right, and it makes you better. Stronger. It gives you something most people don't have. Bad as this is, wrong as it is... this hurt... it can make you a better man. That's what pain does. It shows you what was on the inside. And inside of you is pure gold. And I know that. Your father knew that, too. Pure, solid gold. That's what you got.
>>
The dialogue was atrocious
>>
>>81958301
It's not just being an alcoholic that over did it.
That's actually the most subtle thing the did

It was the horrendous over the top backstories they gave them all
It was like they were trying to one up each other about how terrible their lives were
>Well, my character is a Iraq Vet with PTSD, suicidal tendencies, blackouts, repressed homosexuality, and a mother who steals from him
>You think that's BAD? Well my character's wife was raped 9 months before his son was born, making him always doubt whether the kid was his. But he loved the kid like this own anyways and stayed with his wife. He even tracked down and killed the rapist. He gave everything to his family, and then she leaves him for some rich boytoy and tries to take their son with her, who by the way, has been turned into a fat cunt by the mother.
>Oh YEAH, you call that a bad family? Well my character was raised by a bunch of hippies in a free love commune. She didn't even know what normal is until she was a teenager. And she was being raped by some hippy the entire time. She doesn't even know what love is anymore.
>Ok, prepare to be shocked. My character was raised by a drunk criminal who used to lock him in a cellar whenever he went out. But one time, dad dies while the kid is still locked in the cellar. It takes weeks for the police to finally rescue him. He's been sitting the dark eating rats.
>>
When I look at the floor, I'm on the roof, but when I'm on the fucking roof? I'm on the goddamn ceiling. You understand?
>>
>>81958412
>Never do anything for hunger. Not even eat
>>
My grandfather told me you can find out everything you need to know about a person by looking at their hands.
I've been looking at mine my whole life. And you know what I realized?
They're fucking feet.
>>
afaik a writer from season 1 dropped out.
>>
>>81958514
dont forget that its strongly hinted that gaybo and his mom had incestual tendencies.
>>
Why did the chicken cross the road? It didn't Ray, because I'm the fucking road and nobody crosses me, not even a chicken.
>>
>>81958265
Yeah Pizzolatto rushed the second season
>>
File: True-Detective-5-590x900[1].png (154KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
True-Detective-5-590x900[1].png
154KB, 590x350px
In the midst of being gangbanged by forces unseen, I figure I'd drill a new orifice, go on and fuck myself for a change.
>>
>>81957381
Five more episodes is what the show needed. Just five, and it would all be good.
>>
>>81958521
>>81958564
>>81958602
God, I missed Vince posting
I should have saved some
>>
>>81958564
>>81958602
>>81958625
looks like vinceposting is back on the menu boys.
>>
I was never too good at math. Shit, I was terrible in school. I failed calculus three times. But when you've got four dead bodies on your hands, three hours until sunset, and two dirty cops digging through your trash can --- well then the numbers start adding up real fast. I'm talking Road Runner fast. And if you can't put one and two together, and if the guilt you got weighing on your back isn't equal to the unit pressure of four dead men when you divide that heaviness by the surface area of LA -- that's when you know the test's fixed and there ain't no right answer. Just a bunch of fucking equations that all equal a big ugly zero. Like life. Caspere knew this.
>>
>>81958630
MORE episodes?
Fuck, it needed fewer.

The whole primary plot about a kid's family being killed during riots, covered up, then robbed was super simple.
All the occult shit like the masks and Weekend at Bernie's shit was just pointless misdirection.

Same with the rapemansion thing. What was the point of that again?
>>
It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty.
The glass is upside down and were all inside it.
>>
>>81957381
they stole the script in the first season, second just winged it. westworld may be the same
>>
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but I got into the bush, Ray. And my hands are filled with fucking birds.
>>
>>81957381
EVERYBODY IS AN ANTAGONIST: THE SZN
>>
>>81957381
The edgy motorcycle cuck sucked bad
The rest is ok/10
Nothing in comparison to the first season but decent when looked at as a different show entirely
>>
>>81958704
we could see how the guy who sung jessies girl looked today.
>>
>>81958767
Westworld was hacky enough in Season 1
If it's even worse in S2, not even the plebs will like it
>>
When I was eleven, I was sent to the emergency room to get surgery. Doctors said someone had thrown a rock at me after school and there was swelling in my skull. I kept the rock this whole time, and you know what I just realized? Caspere threw this.
>>
>>81958704
The rape mansion was supposed to be the central plot but (((they))) prevented Pizzalito from doing it.
>>
>>81957381
>season 2 is different from season 1 in everything except themes and tone
Other than Fargo, what more shows do this?
>>
>>81958883
Black Mirror, I guess.
Or any other anthology shows

It's more common to have things change episode by episode though
>>
It's pretty simple: Pizzolatto had all the time in the world to write Season 1. He had about half a year to come up with a storyline and write all the episodes for Season 2.

There are a lot of good ideas, you can see how it probably could've been a great season. But it's a fucking mess, because the scripts they shot were probably first drafts, written frantically at 4 in the morning 2 weeks before the deadline. The dialogue reads like self-parody, and the plotting is really poorly laid out. He needed another year, probably
>>
>>81957381
because that's what everyone told you before you started watching it, and you're incapable of forming your own opinions

(see: asking other people why you dislike it instead of providing your own reasons)
>>
>>81959038
You can tell Pizza's inexperience when he didn't put his foot down about the pace S2 was coming out

S2's shittiness nearly/practically ended his career.
HBO killed their golden goose as their impatience and Pizza should have stopped it
>>
>>81958883
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthology_series
>>
>>81959103
They're still doing a third season, though. I think HBO executives basically said the same thing - they still think he's a good writer and they're interested in working with him, but it's not gonna happen on a "one season every year" schedule
>>
>>81959174
Is there a third season coming?
All I've heard is people saying they'd be "Open" to a third one
>>
>>81959208
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure they officially announced it a few months ago. I remember seeing articles

it's possible I'm getting it mixed up with Fargo, though. the real mystery is how the fuck does Noah Hawley keep churning it out like that? Pizzolatto needs to get on the same drugs that guy's taking
>>
>>81959262
Oh shit, I just looked up what else Hawley has done
He's doing Legion now too?
Damn

Guy is shitting gold
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.