[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mountains of Madness when? C'mon this movie is begging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: gdt-penguin.jpg (68KB, 656x797px) Image search: [Google]
gdt-penguin.jpg
68KB, 656x797px
Mountains of Madness when?

C'mon this movie is begging to be made. Del toro needs to stop fucking around with kojima and make this movie happen.
>>
>>81957209
>C'mon this movie is begging to be made.

No it isn't.
>>
Go read his screenplay. Its fucking awful.
The only "good" thing is that the same art teambfrom pan's labyrinth/ hellboy would have worked on it
>>
It's called Prometheus
>>
hopefully never ever
lovecraft doesnt work on firlm
>>
>>81957846

Why not? There's plenty of art featuring Lovecraft stuff. If a painting can do Lovecraft justice, then so can a film.
>>
i thought the point of lovecraft was unimaginable and incomprehensible horror

as soon as you put it into a movie aren't you defeating that?
>>
>>81957906
That pic looks like shit.
>>
>>81957946
only faggots claim that.
in fact lovecraft described many of his monsters in great detail, cthulhu being one of them.
>>
File: 1434323534081.jpg (120KB, 636x317px) Image search: [Google]
1434323534081.jpg
120KB, 636x317px
>Wanting "Lovecrafting" movies/video games

Can you name a more pleb opinion? It only works in literature by it's very nature.
>>
>>81957209
Problem is that you need to build up mood and atmosphere to do Lovecraft properly and that wont fly with studio's and todays ADHD audiences. Can you imagine a modern day audience sitting through ALIEN which was heavily influenced by Lovecraft because of Dan O'Bannon!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>81957906
because of this
>>81957946
the only way lovecraft can work in a visual medium is if only certain themes or subtle undertones are included. i cant imagine them doing shoggoth justice.
>>81957989
yeah and he would look fucking laughable on screen. also he got blown the fuck out by a steamboat. eldrich horror my ass.

a "lovecraftian" production should focus on themes of strange occult, madness, subtle hits pf cosmic entities and their influence, barely noticeable out of place elements. as soon as its tentacles-in-your-face it becomes silly
>>
>>81957846
i can think of several Call of Cthulhu modules that would work as films
>>
the arrival was very lovecraft inspired.
that alien race presented in the movie was basically a 1:1 ripoff of the aliens from shadow out of time.
>>
>>81958079
>that wont fly with studio's and todays ADHD audiences.
This is the biggest reason why we are further away from a proper Lovecraft adaption than ever before.
Not because it would be impossible to put on screen.
At least for big cinema releases.
>>
>>81957209
Del Toro refuses to do it unless the studios fuck off with their meddling. They wanted him to make it PG-13 and have a romance subplot and possibly a happy ending.
I'd rather the movie not get made rather than some ruined Lovecraft adaptation like that.
>>
>>81958329
are big studios literally the devil?
on the other hand, you wouldnt need a 100mill+ budget for such a movie, a few million would suffice.
and del taco should have enough street cred to get such a sum.
>>
>>81958329
I thought it was cancelled after Prometheus was made because they were worried about the two movies being too similar
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.