[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the deal with the early 00s obsession with celebrity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

What was the deal with the early 00s obsession with celebrity gossip culture? There were entire credible mainstream news networks interrupting segments to tell us what scandalous thing that some kooky celeb did that day. There was also the rise and oversaturation of reality TV shows that took television by storm. What a weird time! Thoughts?
>>
>>81927363
for a moment i thought she was Marlon Brandon in Apocalypse Now.
>>
>>81927363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cAbrqjWLvs
Nothing to see here goy, move along
>>
because celebrity gossip totally isn't a thing anymore and doesn't get worse year after year....
>>
>>81927363
America was politically unified (Bush had a 90%+ approval rating after 9/11) so we needed something else to entertain us.
>>
>>81927363
>early 00's
aaaaaaand whats changed?
>>
>>81927363
24-hour news was a mistake.
>>
>>81927427
>>81927363
Because tabloids were popular and gossip was getting big on the internet. TMZ and Gawker were making millions.
The news networks were desperate to stay relevant.
>>
>>81927363
How do you think Trump got elected?
They still do it, but its on the internet now
>>
OP mark my words. It's going to happen again. The writer's strike is coming right at us like a freight train and we aren't moving off the tracks. Watch how shit tv and film is going to be in 18-24 months from now
>>
>BUHRITEHNEY WAWHTCH

it was mostly 24 hour news networks trying to figure out what the fuck to put on air for 24 goddamn hours.

Then fox news figured out people wanted politically biased news, then everyone else figured that out, and journalism ended.
>>
>>81927512
>TMZ and Gawker were making millions
OP is talking about the pre-TMZ/gawker period.
>>
File: BSPEARSRAMPAGE022107_01.jpg (28KB, 460x433px) Image search: [Google]
BSPEARSRAMPAGE022107_01.jpg
28KB, 460x433px
Legit want a tattoo of this. It represents so much for a shithead like me.
>>
>>81927405
>Brandon
>>
>>81927409
kill yourself
>>
People questioned it at the time too...
>>
>>81927452
this

and this>>81927409
>pop culture feeds off pop culture feeds off pop culture feeds off pop culture feeds off pop culture...
>>
>>81927363
Is that Jim Norton?
>>
>>81927575
>Watch how shit tv and film is going to be in 18-24 months from now

I can't even imagine how it could be worse...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.