[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 30 minutes into the first episode of Iron fist and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: iron-fist[1].jpg (46KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
iron-fist[1].jpg
46KB, 590x250px
So I'm 30 minutes into the first episode of Iron fist and I just can't understand the bad ratings for this series.

It's pure television.
>>
>>81918640
>It's pure television.

So you recognize it as awful then?
>>
>>81918640
It's shit
>>
File: 1398440268938.jpg (79KB, 329x335px) Image search: [Google]
1398440268938.jpg
79KB, 329x335px
>>81918640
>It's pure television.

What's pure television newfriend?
>>
>>81918640

Reviews, and especially review aggregators, are completely worthless these days.

Back in the good old, pre-Internet days, the movie critic that a person would read the most would be whoever was writing for the local paper, or perhaps the people from a national magazine if you were a subscriber. What that meant, was that critics had to temper there reviews to appeal to all kinds of people. They were reviewing movies for everybody in Boston, and there are a lot of kinds of people in Boston.

With the Internet, everything gets a lot more specialized, and suddenly people have access to 100+ reviews of everything, so reviewers get more specialized to compete, and readers shop around until they find a critic who validates their opinion.

That, and as digital journalism replaced print journalism, a lot of things like reviews, which are easy to pitch and timely, are taken over by random interns who overdosed on intersectionalism and critical theory in college, and things like Iron Fist need to be viewed with the historical context of Western entertainment's treatment of Asian themes and actors. That's what Real Criticism is, after all, not some bland thumbs up, this is a cool show.
>>
Ratings are clearly wrong
>>
File: 5ycuPIB.png (400KB, 508x616px) Image search: [Google]
5ycuPIB.png
400KB, 508x616px
>>81918640
>it's a "/tv/ pretends to hate popular things" episode
>it's a "/tv/ pretends to like unpopular things as if they understand something about it that the general public doesn't" episode
>>
>>81918640
You'll notice, the more you watch, that its just a slightly below-average superhero show. It is higher quality than flash/arrow at their worst, but not as good as them at their best.
It isn't even that awful, everyone just overreacted
>>
It just wanders , I watched half the series, there isn't really even an antagonist. The iron fist dude acts like a retarded kid. You'd think he'd learn some humility training in a monastery for years, but no, he's basically a spoiled 13 year old with magical powers.
>>
Prepare for based Ward
>>
>capeshit
>>
>>81919053
actually its
>marvel tries to use the "deep symbolism" card on their shitty quipfuck but it still sucks
>>
>>81918640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haq3CwrLcOI
I don't quite associate "television" with "good."
unless you are implying it's pure shit, then I agree
>>
>>81919073
LOLNO.

The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Gotham are fucking trash.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.