[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leftists like to bitch about the Shyamladingdong's Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: India.png (19KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
India.png
19KB, 900x600px
Leftists like to bitch about the Shyamladingdong's Fire Nation being entirely casted from Indians/Iranians hence making it racist because 'Evil Black people doing evil things and white people saving us all.'

I see it from a different perspective. What if Shyamalan was just fantasising about Indians being powerful enough and modern enough to conquer the world?

If the movie had just ran with it and gave us a completely Indianised/Persianised (long story when it comes to India) Fire Nation as opposed to a Fire Nation steeped in Chinese and Japanese culture down to the worship of sacred cows and multi-arm elephants, would the movie have been any better?
>>
M. Night can't really be called out for racism in that area bc he's the same race as the villains of the story. That would make him cucked
>>
The Indian looking thing for the fire nation was due the first actors they casted, and the need to keep consistency after that (same with the water dudes). I remember some producer interview when he explained all the problems in the making of the movie, could be much better apparently. The look for the fire nation looked cool to me tbqh if they casted chinese SWJ cancer would complain anyway.
>>
>>81915438

I never understood this criticism.

As someone who watched the TV series, the movie has many, many, huge problems. I have a long list, but let's just say the casting is nowhere near the top.

The movie is absolutely terrible, but I wouldn't even bitch about this ever.

That said. I would gladly watch a movie about about india that creates about eurasian dynasty and subjugates all of Yurope. Even if shamalyan directed irlt.
>>
>>81915438
>Leftists like to
Fuck off Pajeet.
>>
>>81915438
Even in the cartoon, each nation has their own ethnic majority.

So it would have been called racist either way.
>>
>>81915438
fire nation is japan

earth nation is china

air nation is tibet

water nation is somehow india and inuits.
>>
>>81917972
Fire nation is China. Look at the way they dress. In S4, the old guy tells Zuko to go by the name Li because "there are a lot of Li's in the Fire Nation".
>>
>>81915438
I've been playing too much grand strategy because those borders look wrong to me
>>
>>81918045
It's a combo of both. Being an imperialist island nation that is in the process of modernization nation attacking the big mainland is analogous to japan in the attacking china in the 19th century and early 20th century.
>>81917972
Earth KIngdom is kind of like China but also contains a bit of India (that Guru guy), Hillbillies (swamp people), hippies (the great divide episode), kiyoshi warriors has a bit of Japan, that one girl who helped Zuko wore a Korean type outfit.

Air nomads are Tibet.

Water tribes are Inuit and Siberans.
>>
>>81918262
>modernization
This only makes sense if there was an outside world. There isn't. So the Fire Nation is just the most technologically and militarily advanced nation on the show, which mirrors China.

Also, the Fire Nation had Warlords prior to reunification and they had an admiral Zhao. Very Chinese.
>>
It was unrealistic. It had no street-shitting.
>>
>>81918386

I kekkd
>>
>>81915438
>What if Shyamalan was just fantasising about Indians being powerful enough and modern enough to conquer the world?
Indians like to live in their own world where they are powerful and respected
t. Indian.
>>
>>81918045
>>81918262

It's not an exact science obviously
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.