[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Klc41 nMZDM4 Yankee traders w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3467.jpg (45KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3467.jpg
45KB, 320x240px
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Klc41nMZDM4

Yankee traders were the first group I thought of when I saw the Ferengi
>>
>>81888776
Serious question, i just started to get into ST, i saw a couple of episodes of the original one and now i'm in the first season of TNG.
Are all races represented as retards like the Ferengi?, first they say they are really good merchants but the first contact is literally them insulting the Enterprise crew, how the fuck are you a good sales race if you are this fucking agressive?, how they even conquered space being this retarded?
I had the same issue with the original, every other race seems to be dumber than humans, even the godly entities.
It gets better? or every other "monster of the week" race is dumb as fuck?
>>
>>81889054
>Are all races represented as retards like the Ferengi?

No, but pretty much everyone becomes better after couple seasons.

Also Ferengi will become comic relief race as they failed as proper antagonists and will be replaced as antagonists by Borg and Cardassians. Cyber-zombies with hive mind and fascists that drink fish juice in morning. Naturally good old Klingons and Romulans become more involved in everything.
>>
>>81889197
Well that sounds a lot better, i will keep watching.
>>
>>81889465
Ferengi kinda suck through most of TNG. In DS9 they become among the best races though.
>>
>>81889054
It really wasn't until DS9 that they started fleshing out the Ferengi as both a race and a culture.
>>
>>81889054
Should we tell this guy about the Pakleds?
>>
>>81889465

First couple seasons TNG are bit of a mess. Stuff starts to improve when involvement of Roddenberry and his lawyer dwindles due to ill health of Roddenberry. Show becomes more character driven and there is stuff like disagreements between main characters instead of utopian harmony 100% of time. TNG is highly episodic. While first two seasons are worth watching, there is only handful episodes worth watching again, it really becomes better after Riker grows the beard.

William Shatner made a documentary called Chaos on the bridge about the mess.

>>81889547
>In DS9 they become among the best races though.

True, but they are mostly there for comic relief, few of Ferengi episodes are among best episodes of DS9. Who mourns for Morn and Little green men are easy watching, among best comedy episodes in 90's Treks and comfy as fuck.
>>
Roddenberry originally wanted the Ferengi to be the primary antagonists of TNG so they were much more warlike. That idea got scrapped early, though, and the Ferengi were turned into something more like Space Venetians.

DS9 does the best job of fleshing out their society and addressed the idea that violent Ferengi do exist, but they're on the fringes of society and are considered weirdos.
>>
>>81889768
>Who mourns for Morn and Little green men are easy watching
Don't forget The Magnificent Ferengi. When the eliminator puts a dagger in Moogi in the holo simulation, I laughed my head off. Also, Iggy Pop.
>>
>>81889054
All the races are various aspects of humanity taken to extremes or various ancient cultures.

The federation are perfection. Communism where you work because you are bored and its totally optional and you can have everything for free anyway.
>>
File: Grebnedlog.jpg (240KB, 572x796px) Image search: [Google]
Grebnedlog.jpg
240KB, 572x796px
>>81889054
>Are all races represented as retards like the Ferengi?
You mean aside from the race of literal retards?
>>
>>81889951
>Don't forget The Magnificent Ferengi.

There is a reason why I said few episodes and mentioned my two personal favorites by name. The arc where Quark gets married into Klingon house amazing as well.

Even the ENT episode with Ferengi is standout.
>>
it's almost like an entire race has smart people and stupid people

>why aren't all the Ferengi in Star Trek super smart, composed people like my meme character Quark?!
>>
>>81892050
>it's almost like an entire race has smart people and stupid people

In Trek they are unique in allowing exploitation of idiots.
>>
Dr.Pulaski > Dr.Crusher
>>
>>81889819
Ferengi are like people from Venice? I thought they were more like jews.
>>
>>81890148
goldenberg
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.