[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do christfags and alt-redditors hate this show so much? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 14

File: ramsignedmailer[1].jpg (103KB, 350x506px) Image search: [Google]
ramsignedmailer[1].jpg
103KB, 350x506px
Why do christfags and alt-redditors hate this show so much? Are they still under the delusion that their beliefs deserve respect?
>>
>>81866094
They think you can make fun of everything other than them
>>
>>81866094
They simply aren't of the intelligence to understand the social commentary the jokes provide.
>>
Why can atheism be completely btfo by a picture of a hat? Is it because deep down everyone knows atheism is cringe and they're just pretending to appear contrarian?
>>
File: richardandmortimer.jpg (87KB, 769x449px) Image search: [Google]
richardandmortimer.jpg
87KB, 769x449px
>tfw TOO smart to not enjoy Rick and Morty
>>
>>81866094
>hi I'm principle vagina
>reddit: haha like on a women xD
Amy Shcumer tier """""comedy"""""
>>
>>81866094
It's for intelligent atheists. They wouldn't understand.
*inserts banana into rectum*
>>
>>81866094
This is the only show smart enough to cater to my intelligence. Drumpfkins need to gtfo of /tv/
>>
>>81866094
Jesus Dan go shill elsewhere.
>>
>>81866149
Why can christfaggotry be completely btfo by even a modicum of critical thinking? Is it because deep down everyone knows christianity is retarded and they're just pretending to appear enlightened?
>>
>>81866514
>critical thinking
Hello, reddit.

Why is it that the majority of scientists are religious? Both currently and throughout all of history? Is it because the closest you've been to a Bible is when you were moving it to the fiction section at the local library?
>>
>>81866654
>Why is it that the majority of scientists are religious? Both currently
lmao
>and throughout all of history?
Because otherwise they'd have been killed or censored by christfags
>>
>>81866654
kek BTFO
>>
>>81866654
>Why is it that the majority of scientists are religious?
They aren't
>>
>>81866514
>Why can christfaggotry be completely btfo by even a modicum of critical thinking? Is it because deep down everyone knows christianity is retarded and they're just pretending to appear enlightened?
You think you're smarter than Issac Newton, goy?
>>
>>81867609
He was like an autistic savant. The dude unironically believed in alchemy, so yes, I would say the average person is smarter than that retard when it comes to anything other than math
>>
Wonder Showzen was more offensive.
>>
>>81867533
I mean, they usually are. Maybe look it up before you respond faggot
>>
Most of the people getting annoyed by the smug self-validating atheism & hedonistic nihilism aren't christfags. Your ordinary unironic Jesus loving Christian doesn't frequent these boards.
>>
>>81867935
link me some proof if you're so sure of it
>>
File: 1461818286756.png (572KB, 731x870px) Image search: [Google]
1461818286756.png
572KB, 731x870px
>>81866094
What is it with atheistards and redditards having the absolute worst taste in everything? Are they doing it ironically?
>>
File: 1491545028891.png (1MB, 529x761px) Image search: [Google]
1491545028891.png
1MB, 529x761px
>>81867449
I'm sorry, you seem to have misplaced your argument somewhere as your post contained none whatsoever. Please find it and post it here so we can properly critique it. Remember, please make sure it is a rational and logic argument and not just something spewed out from your fedora in order for us to properly analyze it.
>>
>>81866094
Why do you keep making these threads? Are you starved for attention?

Stop shitting up my shitty board.
>>
File: 1467098362831.jpg (49KB, 300x392px) Image search: [Google]
1467098362831.jpg
49KB, 300x392px
>>81867706
>this is what retards actually believe
>>
>>81868636
easy (you)s
>>
im an oldfag whose been lurking since 06, also a christfag and im able to recognize that reddit came from 4chan and now its gone back home.

rick and morty is fucking hilarious fight me faggots
>>
>>81867935

No they're not, christcuck

41% are atheist, which is the largest single group.

Even deists outnumber christcucks among scientists.
>>
>>81866654
Because the majority of all people are religious. A more meaningful comparison would be rather scientists are less religious than the general population on average. This would indicate that a more scientific mind is less likely to be religious, and supports the idea that critical thinking generally opposes religion. Of course the poster you responded to would still be incorrect in their argument, but it seems your post was indicating that critical thought in no meaningful way opposes religion.
>>
>>81869039
>41% are atheist
>Majority
Kek
>>
>>81869367
>christian education
>>
>>81869436
I'm not Christian dumbfuck. by your own account more scientists are theist than atheist
>>
File: 4chan vs reddit.jpg (95KB, 637x662px) Image search: [Google]
4chan vs reddit.jpg
95KB, 637x662px
they're jelly of the cool kids
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GS8JNE7RhU
This is 4chan humor.
>>
File: 1492371891129.jpg (61KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492371891129.jpg
61KB, 960x720px
>>81869469
4chan is the kid in the library reading books or playing chess with other outcasts.
>>
>>81866094
>le clever troll thread
>>
>>81866094

I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favorite character is Rick because his style of humor perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him "When does the narwhal bacon?", he'd know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can't be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Yours baconly, Atheist92
>>
>>81869469
Then fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>81867449

Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion. Think of it this way, science is the measure and study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it cannot presume to offer any substantial view on the metaphysical. You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy.

I hope you see why you're being fallacious.
>>
>>81867449

The problem with that (((argument))) is that no natural laws can explain the existence of anything. There is no cause for a beginning or the organization thereafter.

If there is a beginning there has to be a cause. We know there was a beginning. We also know that nothing creates nothing. So why is there anything at all?

Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.

The multiverse and computer simulation theories exist to explain away this paradox. They are based on zero facts. There is no evidence that supports these theories.

Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.
>>
File: 1492671161047.png (547KB, 803x627px) Image search: [Google]
1492671161047.png
547KB, 803x627px
/pol/ needs to go.
>>
File: 1491607674525.jpg (297KB, 1440x1405px) Image search: [Google]
1491607674525.jpg
297KB, 1440x1405px
>>81866094
The show encompasses vast themes beyond the understand of small-minded religious sheeple. I honestly feel nothing but pity for those poor deluded fools because they will never develop the intellect to understand the genius that is Rick and Morty.
>>
>>81870453

>'/pol/ needs to go' says the Redditor

Reddit and Memey is good only because it's the ultimate pleb filter. If you like it your opinion is absolutely shit.
>>
File: tj.png (800KB, 990x600px) Image search: [Google]
tj.png
800KB, 990x600px
>>81866094
do i need to say more?
>>
>>81870499

>someone thought this was a good idea
>someone paid for this

Redditors are functionally retarded
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPc_Jai2-ww
>atheist
>>
>>81870518

>King atheist Bananaphile is a Rick and Memey fan

Poetry
>>
Are these threads literally trolls trolling trolls? I doubt anybody here watches the show or even holds a strong opinion on it.
>>
>>81870588
I've never seen a single episode because it's a shit reddit show.
>>
>>81870588
I mean I like the show but 4chan seems to have a hate erection for it because it has a big following on Reddit.

I'm not going to deprive myself of enjoyment simply because someone else likes it
>>
>>81870588

>watching Plebbit and Memey

You have to go back
>>
>>81870588

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty
>>
Is it no coincidence that the most anti-reddit boards are filled with redditors (/tv/, /v/, /pol/)?
>>
>>81870588
i was interested because everyone was talking about it, that until i saw all those 'le science xD' and atheist cringe quotes from the show posted here. Not watching that shit.
>>
>>81870757

It's not so much that it pushes atheism, it's that it bashes Christianity.

There's an episode where Rick goes to Israel, and he says nothing about Orthodox Jews despite 18 minutes of the previous episode being a hateful monologue calling Jesus a faggot.

Anyway in the Israel episode he frequently states that Jews are 'God's chosen' and better than 'the dirty rat goyim'.

It really shocked me.
>>
>>81871025
>It's a Rick says there should be a white Shoah episode
>>
>>81871025

I saw Rick at a grocery store in Tel-Aviv yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “GOD ISN'T REAL, GOD ISN'T REAL, GOD ISN'T REAL"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “FUCK GOD, FUCK WHITE PEOPLE, FUCK CHRISTIANS” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen quips in his hands without paying.

The vegan woman at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Haha, you're fucking epic good sir!” At first he kept pretending to be a cartoon character and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the quips and started scanning it , he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any white misogynist conservative infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. After she scanned each quip and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by talking loudly about how price is just a tool to oppress the proletariat by white, antisemitic males
>>
>>81866149

I live in a country where atheism is the norm so i will never know how this feels like.
>>
File: 5718724947808551036.jpg (38KB, 558x419px) Image search: [Google]
5718724947808551036.jpg
38KB, 558x419px
>>81866514
>>
>>81866149
First mistake is to think that people are being contrarian by not believing in a sky wizard simply because they were raised to believe in it and decided there wasn't enough reason to.
>>
I don't understand how people believe in god or any one organized religion when people all across the world have so many different ones, the chance that your religion is wrong is pretty high unless you have some sort of narcissistic worldview.

It also seems so obvious that humans are inherently superstitious about things that can be logically explained, to me religous people look like they're in denial.
>>
>>81872350
Consider this, 3 of the most popular religions in the world are all Abrahamic, meaning most people who have a religion, believe similar things, and in the same god. the chance that your religion is 'correct' is pretty high because most people practicing religion basically practice the same one
>>
>>81870719
holy shit anon

i love you
>>
>>81868553
Reddit killed atheism with the fedora meme and the constant mocking of atheism. That site went to shit when the atheists were forced out, as anything even remotely resembling pseudointellectuality was frowned upon and replaced with 9gag humor.
>>
>>81872383
So muslims are going to heaven?
Most christians would disagree with that, and every muslim would disagree with christians going to heaven.
>>
>>81871836

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
http://www.pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
http://masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm
>>
>>81872429
Well son, if you're choosing a religion based on your chances of getting into 'heaven' then I guess your chances of going to hell are pretty high. The point i was making is that there aren't as many different religions (mainstream) as you might think, and that people who believe in god, eerily believe very similar things.

Humanity isn't as divided on religion as you might be led to believe. The characters in the books are all the same.
>>
>>81872350

You're forgetting the evidence and scholars that support the story of Jesus

>His birth
>His teachings
>His followers
>His baptism
>His arrest
>His death

All without a doubt happened as the Bible states.

That all means that the multiple prophecies written (according to historical scholars) centuries before Christ was born all happen to be correct on the time, place, and person.

>let me guess: lucky guesses ayyylmao
>>
>>81872495
Atheism isn't a religion. In fact it's exactly not that.
>>
>>81872350

The Miracle of the Sun, the Fatima revelations and the curing of Sister Marie-Pierre's Parkinson's disease are all miracles attributed to Christ that have happened in the last century.

I find it bizarre how atheists can pretend to love logic but manage to believe that the atheism fairy magically exploded nothing into everything, for no reason, and had it magically form sentient life.
>>
>>81872429

The position of the church is that there is a plan of salvation for good muslims, and that they are part of Gods plans.

At the end of the day it's not up to man to interpret the will of the divine.
>>
>>81872524

>atheism isn't a religion

Bet you wouldn't go into atheist church and say that, it's all these fedoras have.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945

Also,

>Atheist church

Imagine the smell...
>>
>>81866514
this
>>
>>81872593
OH god it's real....

For communion i bet they all line up and take a single nacho cheese Dorito out of the ceremonial bag, take a swig of mountain dew from the ceremonial two litre, and then recite sagan.
>>
>>81872604

The problem with that (((argument))) is that no natural laws can explain the existence of anything. There is no cause for a beginning or the organization thereafter.

If there is a beginning there has to be a cause. We know there was a beginning. We also know that nothing creates nothing. So why is there anything at all?

Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.

The multiverse and computer simulation theories exist to explain away this paradox. They are based on zero facts. There is no evidence that supports these theories.

Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.
>>
>>81870499
I wonder how much for that disaster.
>>
>>81872543
Yeah I find it weird that anything exists at all.
But can you really ascribe a purpose to mankind or the universe?
It seems like any purpose for existing could always be questioned "why?"

>>81872512
How many prophecies of Jesus life were written before his birth and later came true?
I don't think it was prophezized when he'd be born or else people wouldn't be so surprised by him, so that already means we are waiting for a person who fills an arbitrary checklist, doesn't seem so unlikely.
>>
>>81866094
I hate it because you spam this shit like a reddit faggot, get cancer and die faggot.
>>
>>81872649

>Instead of hymns, the non-faithful get to their feet to sing along to Stevie Wonder and Queen songs.

>there is a reading from Alice in Wonderland

>The audience - overwhelmingly young, white and middle class - appear excited to be part of something new and speak of the void they felt on a Sunday morning

Jesus Christ that's the most depressing thing I've ever heard.

Fucking fedoras man.
>>
You know what's sad is I think we pretty much had the meaning of life figured out in the *other* shitty Rick and Morty spam thread.
>>
>>81872350
It really just comes down to posturing. People like to pretend they have all the answers, and in this case, all the answers to how the entire fucking universe works. Their answers backed by nothing but dogma, no less. You really have to be completely devoid of any feelings of humility, awe, and appreciation in the miracle of existence to still be religious with what we know about modern science and all its subcategories.

Of course, that's only genuinely religious people. Most of the people here are just self-loathing atheists trolling under several layers of irony.
>>
>>81872666
>666
I wonder who is behind this post

more seriously
>I don't think it was prophezized when he'd be born or else people wouldn't be so surprised by him

the Antichrist is 'prophezized' to be born and I assure you people would be surprised as shit if he did.
>>
*burp*
>>
>>81870719

Was waiting for this copypasta.
>>
>>81872875
>religion is people believing they have all of the answers

Actually in my opinion it's the understanding that they don't have all of the answers, and put their faith in the church and god because of this, lack of understanding, they want answers too.
>>
>tfw the devil successfully convinced the world that he didn't exist
>tfw libcuck atheists think they won't have to answer for their sins
>>
>>81872893
Are christians even allowed to browse 4chan?

What happens if someone posts something gay and you don't go to heaven?

I wouldn't take that risk if I were you.
>>
>>81872650
>Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.

What fantasy land do you live in where an all powerful being just existing and then creating simple physical laws is somehow more simple than simple physical laws just existing?

>Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.

The universe is barren as shit and 99% of it is uninhabitable. To say it was finely tuned for human beings is delusionally narcissistic.
We exist in this universe because the conditions just happened to allowed it. If the laws of nature didn't allow for it then we wouldn't be around to even have this conversation.
We adapted to survive in this hostile environment, not the other way around.
>>
>>81872875

>You really have to be completely devoid of any feelings of humility, awe, and appreciation in the miracle of existence to still be religious with what we know about modern science and all its subcategories.

Can you explain the spontaneous creation of matter and all the fundamental forces scientifically, Mr Fedora?

Only an atheist can look at the size and scale of the universe and be selfish enough to think 'yup, that happened by accident'.

Science is a tool that shows us HOW God does something, but offers no insight into why. That's why He came to earth and we have several eye witness accounts of his divinity which in turn shaped the world more than any other force.
>>
>>81872941

Nice not argument atheicuck
>>
>>81872954
Only an creationist can look at the size and scale of the universe and be selfish enough to think 'yup, that happened all for me!'.
>>
>>81872941
>Gay guy gets to heaven
>No gays there
>Worst heaven EVER
>>
>>81872941
We're not afraid of the truth, unlike you ;-)
>>
>>81872947

>st existing and then creating simple physical laws is somehow more simple than simple physical laws just existing?

All we know of the physical fundamentally points to the need for 'before'. Entropy always increases, systems break down, energy and matter can be neither created or destroyed.

This is the second law of thermodynamics and is set in stone.

But matter exists. As does energy. Therefore there is no physical cause for existence. The only answer left is that there must be a metaphysical cause.

Couple this with eye witness and subjective accounts of Christ, and you see why Christianity is the only logical answer to existence.
>>
>>81872941
You're too caught up in hell or heaven, I'm not a christian, and don't subscribe to such beliefs, however, I don't think religion is silly or obviously wrong.

Do some actual research in theology and learn what you like about it, you are certain to learn something valuable, you don't have to subscribe wholesale to a religion.

But having an ounce of information when you're so anti religion will go a long way in making you not look like an idiot.
>>
>>81872987
Well our vision of the universe back in the days of Christ were pretty limited, aliens are probably real, and if god is real then I guess he made them too. The universe could've been created not necessarily for humans but just life in general.
>>
>>81873056
See the problem I have with religious people is how they organize themselves to all believe the same things and push agendas with religion as justification, then when you question them some special snowflake comes out of the woodworks and tells you to be more open minded and picking and choosing from the different religions.

That might work as some 4chan ideal but it's not how it plays out in the real world.
>>
>we had the meaning of life figured out
>no replies
This tells me so much about people.
>>
>>81873137
how does it play out in the real world where you live? who is pushing an agenda based on religion as the justification?

I'm not telling you to pick and choose from different religions I'm telling you to educate yourself.

You can separate faith from institutionalized religion, in fact this is how most people practice their faith, most religions people don't give a fuck what you do.
>>
>>81873199
most religious*
>>
>>81866094
I hate the show because it's all burping.
>>
>>81873199
ISIS drove a truck into a crowd of people where I live. Religion had some part in their motives.
>>
Life is direct evidence of God...

1. Everything that exists has an explanation of its existence, either in the necessity of its own nature or in an external cause.
2. If the universe has an explanation of its existence, that explanation is God.
3. The universe exists.
4. Therefore, the universe has an explanation of its existence (from 1, 3).
5. Therefore, the explanation of the universe’s existence is God (from 2, 4).

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
2. The universe began to exist.
3. Therefore, the universe has a cause.

1. If God does not exist, objective moral values and duties do not exist.
2. Objective moral values and duties do exist.
3. Therefore, God exists.

1. The fine-tuning of the universe is due to either physical necessity, chance, or design.
2. It is not due to physical necessity or chance.
3. Therefore, it is due to design.

1. It is possible that a maximally great being exists.
2. If it is possible that a maximally great being exists, then a maximally great being exists in some possible world.
3. If a maximally great being exists in some possible world, then it exists in every possible world.
4. If a maximally great being exists in every possible world, then it exists in the actual world.
5. If a maximally great being exists in the actual world, then a maximally great being exists.
6. Therefore, a maximally great being exists.

1. If the multiverse doesn't exist, there is sufficient scientific reason to believe life is naturally impossible.
2. Stephen Hawking and many other science cucks are advocates for the existence of the multiverse for this reason, and such lends the theory credence.
3. If the multiverse exists, all possibilities exist.
4. If all possibilities exist, God exists.
5. If God exists in any universe, being God, He necessarily exists in all universes.
6. It is by definition impossible to negate God.
7. If scientists like Steven Hawking are right about the existence of the multiverse, then, ironically, God exists.
>>
>>81873295
Sure it had everything to do with their religion, the crowd was also probably pretty largely religious.

Are you mad at the victims of ISIS for believing in god too?
>>
>>81873345
I know that's like the meaning of life or whatever but can you give me a quick rundown? Busy day. Thanks
>>
File: IMG_2932.jpg (234KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2932.jpg
234KB, 800x533px
>>81873295

>ISIS drove a truck into some people

Meanwhile, in Pol Pot's atheist paradise...
>>
>>81873373
Nothing Christians or Atheists do or do not do can make God any more or less real. He's either there or he's not.
>>
>>81873354
To go further I mean, that why is it easy for you to discredit religious people and religion in general because of (literal extremists) and then be blind to the majority of the world who practices without it effecting you? Aren't the people who don't drive trucks into crowds of frenchmen direct proof that religion doesn't make people do this sort of thing, and instead insane and fucked up people will do insane and fucked up things, with whatever justification they want?
>>
>>81873364

>quick rundown

Sure. Christ is King.
>>
>>81873397

And all the evidence points to him being there.
>>
>>81873465
Disagree, all of the evidence points to *something* being there. It's probably a force similar to gravity that doesn't behave the way our current physics model allows for.

It doesn't have to be intelligent or sentient or a him, or a omniscient or any of the other things that *GOD* inherently is.
>>
>>81873440
meh.

>>81873465
Yeah so, what, what if he was? We'd just have a bunch of questions for him. It doesn't answer very much to know he's there. Do you know what I'm driving at? It seems sort of beside the point whether he exists or not.
>>
>>81873504
>>81873499

He walked among us, performed miracles, and gave us a guide for a good life.

Belief in Him has shaped the world more than any other force, and belief in the Risen Christ elevates man from animal to something more.

Sorry atheicucks.
>>
>>81873536
Again so, alright, let's say he's real. Now I have 10000 other questions that still have no answers. So it's meaningless to bicker about it. Do you see what I'm saying here
>>
>>81873583
It is meaningless to bicker about it, but fascinating to consider and discuss.

but to be fair if Christ rose tomorrow again, that would answer many many more questions than it asks.
>>
>>81873583

It's good to have questions. Finding the answers is something that should take time. It's shouldn't be as easy as a google search. What's funny is no atheist I know reads any theology, or any serious theologian based in objective moralism I.e belief in God. No sound theology can have subjective morality since there is only one good, God, and all is good that flows through him. Thus he can only be subjective.

The obvious reason they don't read Christian arguments is that all theology of the last 150 are forces to be reckoned with. I've made it a point to read atheist books so I know best how to combat their silly ideas. I actually enjoy debating atheists irl for this reason. It's funny to watch them play their mind games and weasel their way out of reason, to observe their open contradictions in terms, to see them try so hard to argue that they themselves are an accident.

"He who never thirsts for God here, will thirst for him before he has been dead a minute".
>>
>>81873677
I'm not so sure I can think of a lotta freaking questions for that Jesus guy! I read his book and I have a LOT of questions. Could take a while.
>>
>>81873354
Nope, this was in stockholm Sweden, 80%+ atheists.

Yeah, the victims of ISIS might've done some stupid shit because of religion, it obviously impacts peoples decision making abilities when they have these motives based purely on faith.

>>81873434
Religion makes it so you've already taken leaps of faith. If you wholeheartedly agree with the message of the Quoran killing non believers isn't such a far out thing to do, it's just taking your organized religion to its logical extreme. Dismissing mass shooters as "crazy" is stupid, Elliot Rodger got crazy partially because of insecurities with women and the muslim terrorists go crazy partially encouraged by religion.

The people who practice it peacefully are fucking stupid drones who have a bias to follow certain authorities because they tell them what they want too hear.
>>
>>81873734

>Dismissing mass shooters as "crazy" is stupid
I'm not dismissing them, they ARE crazy, and crazy people have crazy justifications. such as eliot rogers, or dylan roof, or brevik

>If you wholeheartedly agree with the message of the Quoran killing non believers isn't such a far out thing to do

If you wholeheartedly agree with the message of the quoran you won't kill anybody because killing another person is against the creed. Extremists will interpret the texts however they want. because the text IN GENERAL is contradictory and open for interpretations.

>Elliot Rodger got crazy partially because of insecurities with women and the muslim terrorists go crazy partially encouraged by religion.

That's exactly what I said here,
> and instead insane and fucked up people will do insane and fucked up things, with whatever justification they want?

If religion were forgotten about tomorrow, crazies would still run people over with a truck in the name of *something*

The people who practice it peacefully are fucking stupid drones who have a bias to follow certain authorities because they tell them what they want too hear.

And I think you're a stupid fucking drone who has to follow the bias of certain authorities because they tell you what you want to hear. (that you're better than the stupid religious people because you know the REAL truth man!)

And of course you're from fucking sweden lol
>>
SHIT ON THE FLOOR
>>
>>81873345
For the last proof, I disagree with the first premise, but lets for the sake of argument assume that a multiverse exists and they are infinite in that everything exists in them. A god that controls all worlds would exist but there would also be a universe with all the worlds god has control over without god. Because of how probabilities work (atleast with electron positioning, it's the only "random" particle effect I'm familiar with) 99.99999% of worlds aren't encompassed in the set of all worlds god controls, because it is infinite so nothing can be all encompassing without something else equally all encompassing.
I think your proof is just derived from humans having a hard time visualizing infinity.

As for the other "proofs" I don't agree with their premises and they aren't as interesting to me.
>>
>>81873345
>If God does not exist, objective moral values and duties do not exist.
Why does god need to exist for these things to exist?

>2. It is not due to physical necessity or chance.
Why?

>2. If it is possible that a maximally great being exists, then a maximally great being exists in some possible world.

Why?

>If the multiverse exists, all possibilities exist.
why?

(this is a rehash of your last 'point')
>>
Hey if you guys figure out the meaning of life or whatever can you just go ahead and post it here, I'll check back in the morning. Thanks peace out homies
>>
>my bait thread has devolved into a swedish tripfag tipping his fedora
based
>>
>>81874321
Why are you making so many.
>>
>>81874321
>>81874091
This threads on autosage but yall hate intellectual discourse, you get what you deserve and that is shit tier discussion about discussion instead of addressing my points.
>>
>>81874350
Hello friend what points did you want addressed exactly, I know everything. What's your question, I got answers, let's do this.
>>
>>81874443
I like chubby girls with vaginas, got any of them friend?
>>
>>81874497
I like to live dangerous, but I don't got no such none of them kinda pics
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.