[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Groot sacrificed himself for the team and it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

Remember when Groot sacrificed himself for the team and it was an emotional moment that showed the weight and consequences of what was happening? JK, he's fine. And a baby now. Nothing matters XDDD
>>
>Wah wah wah
>caring for capeshit

Fuck off retard
>>
>>81858606
Were you in coma for three years or something?
>>
File: kill.png (127KB, 283x372px) Image search: [Google]
kill.png
127KB, 283x372px
>be pleasantly surprised by first guardians
>the only Marvel Flick I'm actually looking forward too
>trailer finally drops and its 90% Baby Groot

Gee thanks for killing my Hype.
>>
>>81858651
>It's bad on purpose so it's good
>>
>>81858606
>he's fine
no he's not. clones don't have the same soul as the clonee.
>>
>no weight or consequences in capeshit

We all told you this anon
>>
>>81858679
Where is Coma? Is it nice there?
>>
HE DANCING HE DANCING HEHEHEH
DANCE PARRTYYYYY!!! HEHEHEH
>>
>>81858682
Remember when marketers actually cared for the whole product and not just focus on the thing that everyone and their mother liked about a movie.

Ok Tony Stark is sarcasting, well let's make everyone sarcastic too. XDD LEH QUIP WHEN IM GONNA KILL YOU
>>
>>81858814
WHAT???? YOU NO LIKEY GROOT DANCEY-DANCING????? HE SO CUTE! DANCE PARTYYYYYYY!!!!!!
>>
File: 1491928313024.jpg (46KB, 595x595px) Image search: [Google]
1491928313024.jpg
46KB, 595x595px
>>81858606
Has anyone ever died of too much butthurt?
>>
>>81858686
>making excuses for being told soo hard

Keep crying bitch nigga
>>
His name is GROOT.

xDDDD
>>
>>81858798
Im not saying the first Guardians was this really mature film but holy shit did they go over board with Baby Groot

and that "push the button" part from the commercial was just painful. (also that laughing Drax was kinda dumb too)
>>
>>81858606
It's a comedy. Watch Man of Steel if you want to see miserable characters throw away their lives for no reason.
>>
>>81858897
This.

If Man of Steel was a Marvel movie, Pa Kent would die and come back as a funny dancing baby.
>>
I think Guardians of the Galaxy is the only Marvel movie with good quips (except by that quip when the boss was gonna annihilate every fucking thing) because the whole concept is absurd, so the movie has to be absurd well.
>>
>>81858930
The entire fucking thing is trash

I was actually a little excited to see the first one because everyone and their mother was saying "it's the first actually good Marvel movie! I actually really liked it!"

I was a fool for getting my hopes up because it was just the same insipid "intro>set up>jokes stop being make for the sake of gratuitous action sequences and a climax>final few jokes during the wrap-up" garbage that I hate about all capeshit.

I do not understand where the praise came from. Everything from the epic "banter" to the god awful cookie-cutter villain was underwhelming.

Is everyone buying into a self-accelerating hype or am I missing something?
>>
>>81859051
>>I was actually a little excited to see the first one because everyone and their mother was saying "it's the first actually good Marvel movie! I actually really liked it!"

No, everyone wasn't saying that.

Because the vast majority of audiences, critics, and fans loved all the previous movies.
>>
>guardians of the Galaxy movie
>no vance astro

Fuck
off

also "I am groot" is literally funny once.
>>
>>81858930
They only made a second one because of the unexpected normie audience penetration, of course the second one is going to pander to normies.
>>
>>81858957
No, the quips are shit.
>>
Lol dctards still mad
>>
>>81858606
Baby Groot isnt the same Groot. Its essentially a offspring of the original!
>>
>>81858798
People actually liked Groot in the first? he was just an afterthought to me, a boring dumb tree that wasn't even funny. Any other character was better.
>>
>>81859332
>They ONLY made a second one

Are you stupid? You think from the start they didn't have series in mind? Tell me what fucking Marvel movie has only one of? (yeah there is probably one I am sure) But c'mon man.
>>
>>81858847
Mr hands?
>>
>>81858606
I blame Jews and Video Game Culture for the trend of dead people coming back to life.
>>
>>81858606

1. It's a new Groot.

2. Baby Groot was revealed at the end of the first movie, did you not fucking watch the post-credits scene?
>>
>>81860102
It's not a "new" Groot. That's not how it works.

It's the same Groot.
>>
File: 1492647990240.jpg (13KB, 416x297px) Image search: [Google]
1492647990240.jpg
13KB, 416x297px
>>81858606
This is confirmed to be an anomaly of the universe the MCU is set in, for example if you look closely in Iron Man 2 you can see that Obadiah Stane is now a smaller version of himself dancing to Jackson 5 inside one of Tony's old suits
>>
>>81860063
>I blame Jews for the trend of dead people coming back to life
that's no trend, western culture has been dominated by a jew coming back to life for about 2000 years now
>>
>>81858606
waaaah DC fucked the death of superman waaahahhh Muck Farvel
>>
>>81860222
I think that was the joke, buddy.
>>
>>81860165

It's a new Groot. He clearly has a new personality and isn't the same person. There are trailer scenes of him needing to be taught basic things that he would know if he were the same Groot.

Baby Groot is no more Groot than a baby clone of you is you.
>>
File: Justice-League-Superman.jpg (98KB, 656x960px) Image search: [Google]
Justice-League-Superman.jpg
98KB, 656x960px
>>81858897
>>81858606
Remember when Superman sacrificed himself for the team and it was an emotional moment that showed the weight and consequences of what was happening? JK, he's fine. And has a beard now. Nothing matters XDDD
>>
>>81858606
>Nothing matters XDDD

Anyone can see that
>>
Protip: fictional characters dying never matters
>>
>>81860888
Came here to post this
>>
>>81860888
>fine
No.
>>
>>81858606
He's a completely new individual with no memories of being adult Groot. He's more like Groot's child than anything.

This has been confirmed by the director.
>>
>>81858606
>JK, he's fine. And a baby now. Nothing matters
did you even watch the end of the first movie? it showed that the groot sprout was clearly alive and growing
with that said, I loved the first movie but fully expect this one to suck ass.
>>
>>81860380
Same Groot reborn as a baby.
>>
>>81860165
I call your mother's bush Groot, it always the same Groot
>>
test1 test2 test3
>>
File: Untitled.png (72KB, 957x773px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
72KB, 957x773px
>>81862124
>>81858606
Wrong.
>>
>>81862461
He doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
I like the remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0CXBSU4syQ
>>
>>81862516
You mean the writer and director of GotG 1 & 2 doesn't know what he's talking about?
>>
>>81862591
Yeah.
>>
>>81860888
that's just a shopped pic from man of steel
but you are right, he's fine
>>
File: pepe frog time.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
pepe frog time.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>Guardians of the Galaxy came out 3 years ago
>>
>>81862597
Well I figured you were baiting me but I just wanted to be clear to any of the other retards in this thread that James Gunn, the writer and director of both films has confirmed that Baby Groot is in fact a new character.
>>
>>81858722
It's my nickname for your mom
>>
Comic Groot has grown back from worse. The only annoying thing about Groot in this movie, is the fact that he should be fully grown by now.
>>
>dude baby groot is soooo cute omg!
>>
>>81858651
fpbp
>>
nooo groot don't push that button lol xD

HAHA SERIOUSLY GROOT CMON YOU CAN'T PUSH THE B-

AHHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HE PUSHED IT!!!!!! I FUCKING LOVE MARVEL
>>
>>81858606
Its not an original property, its based on comic books where this is what happens when groot is destroyed.
>>
>>81859180
He cant tell the difference between reality and shitposting yet feels arrogant. You cant reason with him.
>>
File: 41024715.jpg (73KB, 662x566px) Image search: [Google]
41024715.jpg
73KB, 662x566px
who wins in a trigger /nu/tv competition

baby groot dancing to "it aint me"

or

tiny rick saying " God's not *burp* real morty"
>>
File: dr strange's cape.jpg (10KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dr strange's cape.jpg
10KB, 640x360px
The audience always needs something to cause a good chuckle after something dramatic happens, like the main character's coat collar bothering him after the death of his mentor.
>>
C A P E S H I T
>>
Remember when Gandalf sacrificed himself for the team and it was an emotional moment that showed the weight and consequences of what was happening? JK, he's fine. And a white wizard now. Nothing matters XDDD
>>
>>81863992
the comic was remade in 2008 to be the basis of a movie.
>>
>>81862708
>character dies in order to save his friends
>is reborn
>sacrifice loses all its impact
>people call you out on it
>"h-hes a different character, g-guise"

That's clearly just damage control so that Groot's sacrifice in the first movie isn't suddenly rendered meaningless.
>>
>>81858847
>A smile that didn't reach his eyes...
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.