[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this. Thought it was pretty good. There's just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: ghost-dog1-759x500.jpg (52KB, 759x500px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-dog1-759x500.jpg
52KB, 759x500px
Just saw this. Thought it was pretty good. There's just a few things I can't quite figure out:

1. Why was Ghost Dog marked for death? What difference does it make that the girl saw him?

2. What was the point of the dog?

3. What was the french guy saying at the end? Something about being deported? The version I saw had no subtitles. Maybe some frenchfag can help.

4. Was it kino?
>>
It's supposed to be a loose remake of Le Samurai.
>>
>>81848699
good when I saw it but back in college Jarmusch has made so much better.
>>
>>81848755
What Jarmusch should I watch next?
>>
>>81849326
Down By Law is my favorite, but if you want something in the vein of Ghost Dog you might enjoy Dead Man or Broken Flowers
>>
>>81848699
1. they wanted to kill ghostdog to keep up the appearance that they didn't hire him to take out what's his face who was fuckin the boss' daughter.
2. i dunno one dog staring down another. maybe just to show how fearless ghostdog was. probably just did it because it was a "cool idea"
3. he thought Louie was a cop or an agent of some kind and was worried about getting deported
>>
>great movie about a fat black weeb who literally unsheathes his katana

how did he do it

stranger than paradise is my favorite jarmusch though
>>
>>81849527
Thanks, senpai.

>>81849999
>1. they wanted to kill ghostdog to keep up the appearance that they didn't hire him to take out what's his face who was fuckin the boss' daughter.
I get that, but they made it seem like it was because the job didn't go down as planned. You're saying they that was bs and they were gonna whack him either way?

>3. he thought Louie was a cop or an agent of some kind and was worried about getting deported
That makes a lot of sense. Why did he get a gun, though?
>>
This movie is a big fucking joke, absolute trash.
>>
I can't watch this movie because it has the most pretentious and edgy title possible.
>ghost dog: the way of the samurai
What the fuck. They couldn't settle for "ghost dog" which already sounds stupid enough so they had to add a worn out phrase like "the way of the samurai" to make it "mystical" or something?
Were they afraid of people thinking it's a movie about a gangsta?
>>
>>81848699
Henry Silva is fucking awesome and he doesn't even move.
>>
>>81850796
I really loved his character too.
>THE POETRY OF WAR
>>
>>81850764
I think they were just acknowledging their sources. See >>81848734
Also, cultural clash is a big theme in the movie, so there's that too.
>>
>>81851255
Oh... I see. I'm convinced, I will check this movie out then, thanks anon!
>>
>>81850597
1. muh Italian traditions. muh respect. he was Louie's guy so they said he had to go because he fucked up the job. although the real reason was to cover their tracks.

2. he always had a gun. "to protect his business" in his words.
>>
>>81850764
it's named after the book "hagakure: the way of the samurai" which is the book that ghostdog bases his lifestyle and philosophy on you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>81851599
Come to think of it, if the girl didn't see his face, they could've whacked anyone in his place and no one would've been the wiser. So maybe they weren't fronting afterall.
>>
>>81852132
now we're in "why didn't frodo just fly on the giant eagle to mount doom" territory.
>>
>Stupid fucking white man
>>
>>81852234
Well no, cause the way it happened, it had to be Ghost Dog.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.