[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's already shit talking the director and the film. Specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_0532.jpg (199KB, 1012x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0532.jpg
199KB, 1012x675px
He's already shit talking the director and the film. Specifically his role

What do you think the problem is?
>>
>>81845991

he wants to get paid more
>>
>>81845991
rian johnson tried to molest him on set
>>
Mark has always had a pretty good grasp of the general fan sentiments and respected canon of the Star Wars lore. He's not a Sam Jackson or Alec Guinness who just took the part and fucked off once the check cleared.

Or it could be he's just being a drama queen
>>
He knows this is a trainwreck, Ford knew it too and abandoned as soon as possible
>>
Luke dies
>>
>>81845991
redpill me on this
>>
They fucked up his character and killed him off, so he's free to talk shit about it.
>>
>>81846390
If you hang yourself, all truths will be revealed
>>
I'm going to say they either made him turn evil or they turned him into some kind of weak or scared pussy and then killed him. Like he's too afraid of rejoining the fight
>>
>>81845991
Luke is actually evil confirmed.
>>
>>81846390
>>81845991
He's a mediocre actor with a big ego who somehow thinks he's qualified to write scripts.

Edward Norton has a similar issue, although he's not quite as mediocre or washed up.
>>
he either died or turned evil
>>
File: mark hamill JUST.jpg (842KB, 2684x1748px) Image search: [Google]
mark hamill JUST.jpg
842KB, 2684x1748px
>>81845991
>a fucking tree
>>
>>81846606

Even a 10 y/o orphan off the street could write a better script for the last two movies.
>>
He really hates these movies but can't fully say it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0
>>
>>81846506
no because Hamil would actually like that
>>
>>81846866
Yep, just like every Star Wars movie before them.
>>
>>81846390
He said in an interview he didn't agree at first with where the director was going with Luke but then was really impressed by the end results.

The autists here interpreted that to mean he thinks the movie is shit.
>>
>>81846825
pure fucking ideology
>>
>>81846390
remember when people would get called out for saying "redpill"? fuck
>>
>>81847305
A hallmark of autism is not being able to understand subtext and discerning what people are really saying.

Get checked
>>
>>81847362
>Believing you can read between the lines of a single interview to come up with the exact opposite conclusion the person being interviewed is saying

This isn't how subtext works.
>>
>>81847409
>single interview

It's embarrassing how you think you're right when you have no clue what you're talking about.

There are over half a dozen interviews just the I've seen where he implies JJ and Riann fucked up
>>
>>81846261

Uh, Ford wanted his character's fate since frickin' "Return of the Jedi".
>>
File: 1444293403658.jpg (151KB, 795x556px) Image search: [Google]
1444293403658.jpg
151KB, 795x556px
>>81846436
Better be true or I come back to haunt your mother's vagina!
>>
>>81845991
I think he fears that a new trilogy that actually continues the first one could ruin its magic, but at the same time he realizes that if he wasn't Luke Skywalker he wouldn't be anyone and he's happy to be back on the job. Probably he's not happy of his new part (he either dies, or turns out to be some morally gray character that doesn't really match with the fairytale-like hero that young Luke used to be, or both) and wants to bitch about it before everyone else does.
>>
>>81847462
>implies
Lol.
>>
>>81847660
>a new trilogy that actually continues the first one could ruin its magic
the prequels didn't ruin anything, so why would the sequels? people are still free to watch the originals and enjoy them without any outside context.
>>
>>81846606
I wouldn't call Hamill mediocre, more of a misfire.
>>
>>81847707
Your words will ring with truth the second they make the original theatrical editions legal to own on HD. Until then we are stuck with the cancer.
>>
>>81847016
Is he... dare I say it... /ourguy/?
>>
Between him and Bruce Campbell, what's with shitty actors becoming based as fuck as they get older?
>>
I really don't care about these sequels. It feels like bad fanfiction. They're as canon as those shitty EU books to me.

I kind of want an anthology series of different stuff. Stop giving me shittier versions of OT things.

I want a Noir style detective story in the underbelly of Coruscant.
I want a tale about a bunch of Space Cowboys chasing bounties all over the outer rim with a Jazzy soundtrack
I want a story about a local civil war told from the perspective of two Mercenary Ace Pilots who used to be friends and find themselves in opposite sides of the battlefield (Has there ever been a Star Wars movie that ended with a One on One Dogfight?)
>>
>>81846414
>>81847362

Wrecked
>>
>>81848552
No but star wars starfighter did
>>
>>81846081
>Mark has always had a pretty good grasp of the general fan sentiments and respected canon of the Star Wars lore.
So why does he defend the prequels?
>>
>>81848253
Fuck that shit, the 1991 VHS on a CRT is the only authentic experience.
>>
Keep taking his quote out of context to make it sound like he's against the movie. Or you could wait until the movie comes out.
>>
>>81846414

This desu. He'd spent so many years voicing cartoon villains and building up his Evil Luke head canon, that he's not taking it well. They didn't even let him have the big on-screen reunion with Han that he was pitching ideas for.
>>
File: Blade_Runner_poster.jpg (34KB, 297x446px) Image search: [Google]
Blade_Runner_poster.jpg
34KB, 297x446px
>>81848552
>I want a Noir style detective story in the underbelly of Coruscant.

Already exists
>>
>>81847707
>a new trilogy that actually continues the first one
does the prequel trilogy continues the new one? no. That's the opposite of what prequels do.
>>
File: slavoj.png (69KB, 1875x164px) Image search: [Google]
slavoj.png
69KB, 1875x164px
>>81846825
>>
>>81848683
Because that's the one line you can't cross.
Disney is fine with mostly pretending they don't exist, but until they can stop making money from them they aren't going to allow anyone actually shitting on them
>>
>>81846606

Eh, I cut people like Hamill a whole lot of slack. I mean, he made a movie like 40 years ago that turned into this absolute sensation that has defined his life. For the majority of his years, everywhere he goes, he's Luke Skywalker. There's no disappearing in a random bar in some Scottish town; it's more of the same, "whoa it's Luke."

It's not like he's the C3PO guy or something, who can wander pretty anonymously and only play the Star Wars card to make some cash at a convention. Hamill's been followed by this just not in his career, hence all the voiceover work, but in his personal life.

After all the waves of Star Wars getting more and more popular, and all the decades of living with Luke Skywalker being a constant presence in his life, I think it's more than fair for Hamill to be a little kooky about it. You can see how over it Harrison Ford was, and he at least had enough iconic roles that he was more known as "Harrison Ford who was Indiana and Han" instead of "oh shit, it's Han Solo."
>>
>>81845991
Imagine living all your adult life as Luke. And then some young asshole comes up to you and tells you that your Luke was all wrong. Annoying innit
>>
>>81849041
Harrison Ford was also a grown man when he did Star Wars, and he was already kind of burned out on acting before he even got the part. Mark Hamill was like 25, and he'd spent his whole life reading comic books and being cloistered in a cocoon of soap operas.
>>
>>81845991
based Mark Hamill
>>
>>81845991
>What do you think the problem is?

Egos

The problem is with a differing director for each movie, you get differing egos who want the series to go THEIR way.
>>
>>81846081
He supported changing Luke to gay.

He's not that supportive of SW canon especially if done Mara Jade would be hung like Michelle Obama
>>
>>81845991
>What do you think the problem is?
they forcefully unjusted him, he wants to go back to his lifestyle
>>
>>81845991
I don't know but I am mirrin that beard
>>
File: 1492644910352.jpg (48KB, 1272x264px) Image search: [Google]
1492644910352.jpg
48KB, 1272x264px
>already shitting on the director

What did OP mean by this?
>>
probably killing him off
>>
>>81849191
>He supported changing Luke to gay.
In context he was just talking about fan headcanon because it wouldn't come up in the films, IIRC.
>>
>>81848683
He's friends with George.
>>
>>81849071
Like the guy here said >>81849041 Harrison at the very least has Indy. When I see him I don't think, Oi, there goes Han, I think, That's Indy. Luke is all Mark has, besides the Joker, and the latter's only as a voice actor. Disney cheapened the Force and Our beloved characters in order to bolster a no name maRey Sue nobody likes. And this other film reeks of more of the same.
>>
>>81846606
If you listen to/read his statements, you'll see he admits he doesn't know jack shit about writing and that he's ok with them not listening to his ideas because he's not a writer.
>>
>>81848394
because they just don't care about the song and dance anymore. They go to all the conventions for years and years, charging losers 50 dollars to have a picture of them.
>>
He was told by his handlers to be confrontational and annoying to build hype. They know people didn't like TFA the way they were "supposed" to so having the only OG guy from the franchise left mysteriously shitting on it (like you the fan would be in his place) and everyone eats it up.

Its pathetic. If he really thought this way he would have refused to do any more movies, even TFA. Its all made up hype. Its on the tier of Dan Ackroyd saying the new Ghostbusters was a good movie. Just out and out lies used against the consumer.

It should be illegal.
>>
>>81849395
Don't need to know shit about writing to understand the character. If Mark thinks the development of his character doesn't feel right, it's probably no good.
>>
>>81849395
He also said that he didn't approve of where they were taking the character. In a sit down he had with JJ, he even went as far as mentioning the whole bit about Rey being all powerful and that his character appearing for all of 3 minutes. But it was ignored. He then went on to say that movies now is about money not substance, then as an example he brought up transformers. If that's not a clear sign of how awful it all is.
>>
>>81848394
I don't know reddit, you tell me
>>
>>81845991
>>
>>81846081
>He's not a Sam Jackson or Alec Guinness who just took the part and fucked off once the check cleared
Samuel L. Jackson seem to be quite interested in doing Star Wars desu. He is practically begging to be in another movie at this point
>>
>>81849483
Cute fluffer
>>
>>81848843
He was quite clearly talking chronoligically in our time autist
>>
>>81849483
>>81849555
>return of the jedi
>r2-d2 being a cunt as usual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jX5Bowpwjc
>>
>>81849445
>>81849449
Yes, but he constantly says that them not listening to him is probably a good thing.
>>
>>81849524
Well he doesn't turn down roles so I think the point is moot.
>>
>>81849591
How did that accident manage to turn qt twink Mark into that? It's not like he became disfigured, just... ugly.
>>
>>81845991
I think you are to sensitive like a former workmate of mine. At the end of the day i could hear him describing how he was yelled at, threatened and generally abused.

I sat in the same room as him and everytime my jaw dropped to the floor, thinking could something have happened when i was in the toilet or down to the coffee machine since i never noticed anything.

After a few years i realized he was extremely sensitive, just one wrong word and he could interpret it as an all out attack.
>>
>>81845991
They killed Luke off
>>
>>81849652
Early 80's cosmetic surgery was pretty rough.

It's not just car accidents, though. Life will do that to you. Just look at Mickey Rourke's beat up face.
>>
>>81849652
Don't bully Mark pls.
>>
>>81849449

I don't know, guy. I trust Mark Hamill to a degree, but I don't think he has any objectivity about this, not to mention that he's spent decades building up a head canon as one of the top Luke Skywalker authorities. I remember the reason they pushed Luke to the very end of VII was because they couldn't figure out a way to involve Luke without him taking over the show by force of character and history.

It's like in Star Trek when, during the show, it was well established that Kirk, Spock, and McCoy were the leads, and people like Scotty, Sulu, Uhura were very much supporting characters. Then the show ended, and people like George Takei go to convention after convention getting rock star reception, identifying with the character. And then when the movies start getting made, they get the script and see that they're just a supporting cast member and see it as an outrageous slight. They've had thousands and thousands of people fall down gushing saying how amazing they are, where the fuck is the part? What's wrong with these people???

Hamill had a lot of years building up to this, and when all of his pitches for the Evil Luke super bad guy, or his great idea for a big reunion between Luke and Han were all thrown out because, as important as Luke is, he's a supporting character in this story, I can imagine that rankles him a bit.
>>
>>81849607
He uses words like, "But I Told Them That I'm NOT comfortable at all with what they're Doing with My Character."

That bit he puts in, "but maybe it's a good thing they don't listen to me, because well, what do I know?"

That's him saving face, or attempting to save face with the people he just spent 5 minutes debasing.

>>81849892
And in addition to you said, Takei got a Captain Roll in the last Star Trek Classic series movie, but come Generations, he's Retired? Shouldn't he have been the one whose ship they were on? Him being gay though really threw me for a reel, the character not the man. I hated that bit, and I still rant and rage inside because I too identified with him, when he was a normal bloke.

But here's Mark who has probably heard a gazillion ideas about his character and then he's given these lack luster scripts by lesser beings, and it must be horrible for him.
>>
Hammil always felt like Luke was the main character of the entire series.

Even in his defense of the Prequels, he states that they make sense because they build towards Luke being the true hero.

ANd then comes TFA and he becomes a loser hermit who failed at doing everything Obi Wan and Yoda told him to do and will be relegated to training some chick
>>
>>81847340
no. it's not even that old of a term
>>
>>81848552
What's the last reference to?
>>
>>81850210
luke is literally the greatest hero of all time. just because disney got rid of the og story to make way for their convoluted bullshit doesnt mean he wasnt/isnt the main character for the general population inside and outside of the cinematic universe. faggot.
>>
>>81850314
Ace Combat Zero
>>
>>81850351
Han Solo was far more popular than Luke, much to Lucas' chagrin. As far as the fans were concerned during the 80s, Luke was a secondary protagonist.
>>
>>81850351
Luke is essentially the Hero with a thousand faces personified.
>>
File: entranced luke.jpg (23KB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
entranced luke.jpg
23KB, 600x255px
>>81849483
>>81849798
>that girl in the overalls
Who is she? She's beautiful.
>>
>>81850494
British children's presenter Sarah Greene.
>>
>>81849440
I actually believe this. The shills used the same tactic with Rogue One, praising that one and talking shit about TFA.
>>
File: 1492144861164.jpg (37KB, 569x418px) Image search: [Google]
1492144861164.jpg
37KB, 569x418px
>it's another let's respond to ops out of context situation that was in no way what Hamill was trying to say thread
Why is anything starwars related fucking retarded? Even the critics are as brainless as the fucking fans.
>>
File: image.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>81846506
Better to go bad than to fade to gray!
>>
>>81850636
They're not shills, anon.
The way to separate fanboys and/or shitposters from shills is that the Mouse doesn't allow people to talk ill of any property they can still make money from.
Standard shill tactics for avoiding an undeniable point (Rey being a Mary Sue is a prime example) is to shift focus immediately onto something else.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 600x438px
>>81849297
Oh man, revenge movie confirmed! My body is ready.
>>
>>81850270
newfag detected
>>
>>81850635
>Sarah Greene
Oh shit, I remember her from Ghostwatch

I should go on an image hunt.
>>
>>81850076
>That's him saving face
So we got what he said with whatever you claim he meant. I know which one of the two I prefer.

The way I see it, he's honest and speaks his mind about how he feels about his character but he's humble enough to admit he's not the only and unique authority in the subject and that there could be better ideas.

He's obviously not entirely happy about how this is going, but he's showing he doesn't really care all that much. He has his ideas, but has no problem with others.
>>
>>81851512
If he truly felt that way, then he would have never brought it up. It'd be like me saying, You know my wife's Vagina smells funny, but what do i know, to me coffee smells funny.

By bringing it up I've suggested to everyone my wife's vagina smells funny. Why Bring it up at all? By bringing it up, I've introduced something into the public Consciousness they're going to way in on. And he knew that. Like when he said "Hey Kids, the thing about Hollywood NOW, is it doesn't matter if the movie is good, so as long as it makes MONEY!" And then he said this is how he felt after reading TFA's script, then he reiterated by calling attention to The Last JEDI, and then he followed with comparing it to Transformers. Then he said that maybe he shouldn't of said as much as he did. But then he returned with that someone said that Star Wars TFA made a gazillion dollars and then he ended with, yeah it made all that money but was it good? He even said that friends of his saw Transformers and said meh, and they saw, "This" Movie and went, Meh. So he's bringing in other views besides his own but he's continually saying that it's okay as if to say, it's not just Disney or Michael Bay, everyone's doing it now.

Dude's classic Hollywood and he hates what's happening to the art. As he said, "When is the last time you saw a movie and said, Oh, I enjoyed that."

And this is after TFA so you know he's jabbing Disney in the balls every time.
>>
He is white and male, and not even attractive like Harrison Ford, so they probably wrote him out.
>>
>>81852690
When Kathleen the liar said that Luke was an integral part of the movie, and Mark retorts with, "Well that's Good to hear." Never have there been, I think, in Hollywood history, where such an open display of hostility existed."

>>81851512
>>81852634
And if you'd remember, in his interviews, he constantly says, "I signed on for a multi movie deal, BEFORE, George sold it to Disney. "

It's almost as if, to seal the deal, Disney demanded George bring on the OT actors and then and only then, would the deal be solidified. Mark literally says, It's not my fault TFA sucked, I got duped into this. It's classical Hollywood for all of us to see, an Actor in a position of power in an age where the bastards in Hollywood can't control either him, or the media he uses to share his feelings on things. Just you wait until he's done with these people, just you wait.

I think the coolest chaps in Hollywood from the old school that's still making a dent, is Mark and William Shatner.
>>
>>81845991

>he got paid 1 million dollars for his cameo at the end of Episode 7 where he basically just has to stand there for a minute looking like fucking Brian Wilson during his three decades long period of paranoid schizophrenia

What was meant by this
>>
Mark Hamill, unlike 90% of the Hollywood actors who claim to be, is an actual oldschool geek/nerd/loser.

He has always had passionate. fannish ideas about his character and star wars and other nerd shit he's been a part of, but he separates those ideas and passions from his career.

It's not a big deal. He's not burning any bridges or making anyone mad.
>>
>>81852995
Where did she say this? Some panel with Mark?
>>
>>81847016
Fuck man. Well that is just all awful. I thought FA was pretty lame and rogue was decent and maybe showed a return to form....but now i feel like last Jedi has no chance.
>>
File: IMG_0872.jpg (639KB, 821x1550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0872.jpg
639KB, 821x1550px
>Twins, one male, one female
>Just like Luke and Leia
>The female "discovers" the Force at a place that becomes known as the "Force Tree"
>The female twin founds the Jedi Order
>The male twin is evil and kills the female.
>Before she dies she makes a prophecy that she will return as The One
>Meanwhile Darth Sidious creates Anakin Skywalker to be a false prophet / golem type creation
>The Jedi are fooled into thinking he's The One
>The Jedi only realize their mistake too late.
>Anakin destroys almost all the Jedi
>Luke tries to redeem his evil father who literally slaughtered children.
>Rey is born and she is the perfect reincarnation of The One. Flawless in every way.
>She finds Luke Skywalker, who now just like his evil father, wants to destroy the Jedi Order

Rey will stop Luke's plans, restore order to the galaxy, and will destroy the dark side. She will also bring about the rise of the new Jedi order as predicted by Supreme Leader Snoke in TFA.

Rey being the reincarnation of The One explains why she is such a Mary Sue in TFA. She's literally a perfect super being.

The entire Star Wars saga is now about how women are good and men are evil.

The women are all leaders (Padme, Leia, Rey, Mon Mothma)

The men are all drawn to the dark side (Anakin, Palpatine, Snoke, Kylo)

tl: dr = Men are bad, women are good. Thanks Kathleen Kennedy!
>>
Would the new trilogy be better if it included no old characters.
>>
>>81845991
source or gtfo
>>
>>81853258
Yes, I have crap internet so you'll have to look up the video for yourself but she says, "Luke has an integral part to play in the Movie," and then Mark goes, "Well, that's a relief." My Word!
>>
>>81853414
Yeah I just saw it...lol
>>
>>81853347
It would be better if it included characters we could actually care about.
>>
>>81848394
Bruce was always great though
>>
>>81853438
such as
>>
>>81845991
He wants to be a bad guy and they aren't going to let him.
>>
>>81853468
Rei, but good so we actually cared about her
>>
>>81852995
Mark and Bill buddy comedy when?
>>
>>81853414
That was her butting in when Mark was rambling on negatively about nu wars too don't forget.
>>
>>81853468
Dexter Jettster.
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 398x510px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 398x510px
>>81852690
>not attractive like Harrison Ford
Oh, well that's nice to hear!
>>
>Han, Luke and Leia never got the chance to be on screen together again

All TFA is, is missed opportunity.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 499x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 499x339px
>>81853468
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 670x653px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 670x653px
>>81853468
And these two
>>
Acute Trumpitis

He didn't get the globalist democrat he wanted so he's throwing a Hollywood temper tantrum. Typical these days.
>>
>>81853823
This is why I will always fucking hate TFA
>>
they made luke skywalker a bad guy out of nowhere and it probably pisses him off. like just taking the hero of the entire original trilogy and making him evil out of nowhere. I'd be pissed too
>>
>>81845991
the apparent lack of luke doing anything really. like suicide squad and jarred how a shit load of stuff got cut and the actor probably had little in to no knowledge of it

odds are mark probably knew there were not many lines in episode 7 but probably thought he would have some sort of role come episode 8 and now with script in hand he knows he is basically written out of starwars.

unlike the source material disney claims isnt cannon now luke has no meaning in 7-9 now. he isnt even a obiwan/yoda (original trilogy) type character really

i get that hes old but this is a clear attempt to hand the entire franchise over to what will ultimately end up a race mixing jew and a nog
>>
>>81853905
Buddy cop film starring Saelt-Marae and Ree Yees when?
>>
>>81846081
Samuel L. Jackson was really keen to be in the film. The whole "he was only there for black people" argument in the Plinkett reviews was one part that fell flat, because Jackson actually asked to be involved.
>>
>>81845991
Probably because it's poorly written and goes against the spirit of the OT, and even the PT
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 640x420px
>>81854072
It seems doubtful that they wrote him out.
>>
>>81854072

nig he's literally the most important character of episode 8
>>
What do you think The problem is?

>its time for my jedi career to die
>>
>>81849383
this and he has the class act to not shit on the performance of a nine year old kid who had nothing but shitty lines and bad direction
>>
>>81846081
He was correct in saying that Luke should've appeared at that moment the lightsaber flew in the air.

The entire theatre would've screamed and started clapping.
>>
>>81845991
I'm guessing his character will act depressed for 45 minutes and then finally agree to train rey for whatever reason.
>>
>>81855207
>He was correct in saying that Luke should've appeared at that moment the lightsaber flew in the air.

He's right, that would have been way better than Rey and whats his face fighting over the lightsaber with the force
>>
>>81854104

Jackson asked to be involved in any capacity too. He was comfortable to cameo. The role of Ki-adi-mundi was lessened as a result of Jackson being Mace Windu. Originally Conehead, yoda and mace windu were sort of a trio of leaders. They still are, but 2 are clearly favored over the third.
>>
Mark thinks Luke was gay all along.

He's just a funny and slightly insane old man.
>>
I'd be pissed if after everything Luke went through and his storied legacy after all these years, his start of a new order is completely destroyed by an angsty kid and eventually restored by some uppity little girl
>>
>>81847480
>since frickin' "Return of the Jedi".
Since empire actually. They froze him in carbonite because they weren't sure if he'd be back for the sequel.
Hw literally only wound up in star wars as a favor to George. He was just supposed to read lines for other actors during casting but he ended up doing a better job than everyone auditioned.
>>
>>81855207
My entire semen supply would've instantly been ejaculated if that happened. Would've been such a kino scene
>>
>>81855385
Theres a Daily show interview with sam jackson between phantom menace where Jon asks him if he's going to be in the next star wars. Sam says yes. Then he asks if its going to suck like the last one and you sam gets visibly pissed. Cut to commercial.
Its always stuck with me because it was a totaly real moment.
>>
>>81855207
You know if that would have happened everyone on this site would have bitched about how it was pointless fanservice. I can even see the memes.

>random badass Luke out of nowhere
>skywalker surprise
>deus ex markina

Plus, what kind of tension would that have left the ending? Would he have just killed Kylo? Beat him but left him there for no reason?
>>
>>81855631
no they wouldn't have. that sort of thing is par the course for star schwartz
>>
>>81855631
No one liked the Rey fight. Anything would've been better than that
>>
>>81855682
I appreciated that the reigned it in instead of going full prequel. I was fucking shocked at the lack of backflipping.
>>
>>81849892

It's like Professor X in the x-men movies. If he has his powers and can get in that persons mind, he wins. So he is written out of X-men 1, 2, 3's 3rd act. Luke showing up in the 3rd act would have been kinda shitty for the new characters. Then they don't get to solve their problems.

I get Hamills complaints, and i don't know how id have handled Luke either.

part of me wishes they never involved the original cast and just made new star wars movies without them. I feel bad as fuck for Hamill who signed on before disney bought it, he must feel so swindled. Cause what Lucas pitched him is not what Disney made.
>>
>>81855631
>Would he have just killed Kylo? Beat him but left him there for no reason?
Maybe he injures Kylo's face and then Kylo escapes. You know, like what happened anyway with Rey.
>>
>>81847340
stay triggered.
>>
>>81854104
The argument was that the studio and the producers were only trying to appeal to the black demographic. The fact that Jackson volunteered is inconsequential. Plus, we don't know if he really cared about the story, or if he just wanted to swing around a lightsaber.
>>
File: 1490182376260.png (338KB, 383x371px) Image search: [Google]
1490182376260.png
338KB, 383x371px
>>81855631
>>deus ex markina
Gotta give you points for that one
>>
>>81855631
Kylo would've run away like a bitch. He just killed his father, and now his Jedi Master uncle shows up, not mad but just deeply disappointed (because that always hurts worse than anger when coming from a parental figure). Starkiller base starts to break apart just like it did, separating Luke, Rey, and Finn from Kylo's retreat. Film ends with Luke apologizing to Leia about not getting there quick enough as Rey presents Luke with Anakin's saber.

What they did instead leaves the audience wondering if Luke could even sense Han's danger and if he even cares. Which fans already know he should've known something was going down since he was able to have premonitions about his friends being in danger on Cloud City before it even happened.

TFA did a great job of assassinating Luke's character by not showing up to aid Han and Chewie. Star Wars has always been and should always be about the Skywalker family. Five minutes of Leia and two minutes of Luke in an actual Star Wars Episode is damn near blasphemous to the source material. Fuck the mouse.
>>
>>81855970
>Cause what Lucas pitched him is not what Disney made.
What did Lucas pitch him? Is there a TL;DR or George's EpVII?
>>
>bringing back the empire, invalidating the struggles and ending of the OG trilogy
>>
>>81856661
Nothing suggests that Kylo is the habit of running from a fight. He took off after Rey and Finn while heavily injured.
>>
>>81849124
>and he was already kind of burned out on acting before he even got the part
He'd done ONE movie before Star Wars. Stop talking out of your ass.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.