[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come The Hobbit got three films but The Fellowship,Two Towers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (631KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
631KB, 2048x1371px
How come The Hobbit got three films but The Fellowship,Two Towers & Return Of The King only got one?
>>
>>81842513
dont worry goy soon the remakes will be released in your lifetime
>>
>>81842513
Because The Hobbit movies didnt have to be good to rake it in.
>>
Christopher Nolan presents, The Lord of The Rings

> Frodo running from black Knights
> Loud German siren
WUUUUUAAAAHHHHHH
> Gandalf looking out at a landscape
WUUUUUAHHHHHH
> Black screen then we hear footsteps approaching
> He starts to laugh,
> Sauron laughs and smiles to the audience
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 320x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 320x479px
>>81842761

Yes, brilliant!
>>
>>81842761
>black knights
>>
>>81842513

Because the Hobbit is the better book with less filler. Literally nothing happens in the Fellowship and although they do get better as the series goes on none can hold a candle to the action and excitement of the Hobbit.

Ironically though the LOTR films are better because they had to add a load of bullshit filler to the Hobbit to pad it out and make it seem more like the LOTR in tone.
>>
>>81842761
Bravo! Bravo!
>>
the all female remake will be 9 episodes long
>>
>>81842513
Imagine my buttmad when going to see the hobbit.
>I did not know it was going to be three movies
>I kinda knew I was going to be disappointed because Tom wasn't going to be in it {I heard}

3 movies, still no TOM

>>81842821
THEY FILLED IT WITH THIS SHIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGVJUPsEFGI
WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT?
>Immersion completely broken
also, the effects were horrible

So mad, I still haven't watched the seccond and don't even know, as of now, if the third is out yet.
>Not even going to buy it in budget bluray sale
>maybe pirate it someday

YES I'M BUTTBLASTED ABOUT THIS
>>
Why didn't Galadriel also riverdance in the Hobbit?
>>
>>81842956
Kek
>>
>>81842761
>Gandalf looking through a telescope
>>
>>81842821
Not to mention it was originally supposed to be 2 films, but midway through filming the second((they)) decided that 3 films would grant them more shekkls
>>
>>81842761
>black knights
???
>>
>>81842761
>MR FRODO I'M ISTARI
>>
>>81842984
Tom Bombadil wasn't in the book either.
>>
File: b017z1kq_640_360.jpg (52KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
b017z1kq_640_360.jpg
52KB, 640x360px
>>81843678
Ayuuuh we wuz knightz n shit hollaaa
>>
>>81843701
Wooow, oh shit you're right!
I thought Tom bombadil was the shapeshifting bear/man bilbo and gandalf chilled at after the (I believe the goblins).
Well, judging by the first movie, I'm just going to buy the hobbit again and reread it.

Thanks buddy, since 1999 (reading the hobbit/FotR/2T ) I've been thinking that.
>>
>>81844103
That's Beorn.
>>
>>81844118
Is he in the movies?
>>
>>81844151
Yeah he's in the second one. Your instincts are right though. The movies mostly suck and you're better off just reading the book again.
>>
File: JRRDrinking.gif (709KB, 245x155px) Image search: [Google]
JRRDrinking.gif
709KB, 245x155px
>>81844273
Ayyy,
Have a rare /lit/ one
>>
How come they never expanded on the universe like Marvel and Star Wars. Don't tell me you wouldn't have loved an Aragorn Origins movie. Or a movie about the dwarves and the War of Moria.

Now it's too late because all teh actors are too old and dead
>>
>>81842761
JJ Abrams presents The Lord of the Rings

> lens flare
> explosions
> Gondor collapses
> army rappels down a cliff face shouting hut hut hut hut
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.