[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's /tv/'s opinion on this plus its broadway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

what's /tv/'s opinion on this plus its broadway musical counter part?
>>
Very good.
Never seen the actual stage productuon hough. Last time I tried, my mom broke her ankle on the way there and we had to go to the ER. Thanks Sondheim.
>>
Haven't see the broadway stage production.
The movie was a bit dull and gross, but haven't seen it since it was released 9+ years ago.
>>
What the fuck was Depps problem?
Why didn't he just fuck off to the seaside with Helena?
>>
>>81840279
Depp probably has the worst singing voice recorded in a musical film. Repulsive nasally tone, even Gerard Butler wasn't as bad.
>>
>>81842212
They say it's like a GWAR concert where the audience gets soaked in blood.
>>
>>81840279
My favourite movie of all time. I saw a DVD of the stage play. It was alright. Not as good as the film.

>>81842316
The whole movie is about revenge. Do you read Count of Monte Cristo and ask why Edmond didn't just continue living his new high life?

>>81843523
It's actually the best.
>>
>>81843523

Well he's supposed to be a repugnant evil character so yeah it works.
>>
>>81846145
oh wow, now that you put it that way his voice is so, so great. Imagine how much better Boy for Sale would have sounded if Harry Secombe had mumbled the song through his nose.
>>
>>81847290

Did I say it was great? No, I said it worked.
>>
>>81847313
Lee Marvin doing Wanderin' Star worked, Depp shouldn't have been given such an intensive singing role.
>>
The musical is GOAT

The biggest problem with Sweeney Todd is that Burton cast his regulars despite the fact they can't sing for shit. Alan Rickman, Timothy Spall and the kid who played Anthony were spot on, though. Even Bruno, though they clearly rearranged the songs to make them fit his vocal range. But still, he did good. But Depp, and specially Helena, holy shit, what the fuck.

Other than that, the movie was a good adaptation despite missing a couple songs and rushing through the end number.
>>
>>81847594
Another key difference is that the musical is FUNNY. Very dark humor for the most part, of course, but Burton for some reason decided to play it straight and that kinda ruins the vibe.
>>
>>81847594
The judge and the kid are literally the most removed from their stage play counter parts.

>>81847659
It made the vibe better.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.