[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched pic related. I thought it was pretty decent, on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1069.jpg (174KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1069.jpg
174KB, 270x400px
Just watched pic related. I thought it was pretty decent, on par with Only Yesterday. What is the best non-Miyazaki entry in the Ghibli catalog? Best overall?
>>
>>81838326
Whisper of the Heart is comfy as fuck
>>
bump
>>
>>81838326
i ended up really liking it too. it had an immersiveness that went beyond the story. maybe it was just the art design
>>
File: Nausicaa Blu-ray cover.jpg (83KB, 394x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nausicaa Blu-ray cover.jpg
83KB, 394x500px
>>81838326
It was actually pretty good but it was still Studio Ghibli's weakest, even below Tales from Earthsea which isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Also, my favorite non-Miyazaki/Takahata Ghibli film is When Marnie Was There.

My favorite Ghibli film is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
>>
Whisper of the heart overall
best miyazaki is porco rosso
they are all good though, undeniable quality films
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (70KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
70KB, 313x470px
I know it has nothing to do with op, but what did you think of Perfect blue?
>>
>>81841402
Kon makes pure kino.
>>
>>81841411
Yes Paranoia agent was a wild ride. Is the English dub decent?
>>
I must have stepped through a wormhole on accident because it sure is /a/ in here
>>
>>81841457
Sorry for disturbing your Rick & Marty, star wars shitposting and repeated memes.
>>
>>81841438
No. Watch it subbed you pleb.
>>
>>81841550
Dubs are not as bad as old Bruce Lee movies were and thinking about non anime fans watching it.
>>
>>81841814
not as bad but still bad, It's pretty rare to get a good dub that fits the characters etc outside of the Ghibli films which are handled by Disney
>>
>>81841954
I do prefer dubs because I can hear the acting better, but I have no problem with subs.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 499x391px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 499x391px
>>81841402
Best horror film since PSYCHO
>>
>>81842192
I get the opposite, I can hear more range of emotions etc from the original audio they probably get better direction too
after a while it just sounds like the english actors are playing the same characters in every movie or series
>>
>>81842259
I hope that's a happy reaction.
>>81842346
The pool of dub actors is pretty low, so you hear the same guys all the time. That's why the Disney dubs are great, they have a bigger budget. I understand why the original have better direction, but sadly it sounds like gibberish to me.
>>
>>81841402
Something that could've been made in live action.
>>
>>81838368
fpbp
>>
>>81839941
Earthsea is true trash.

>>81843981
They did that with Natalie Portman.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.