[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best show on television and top 3 HBO series of all time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: images (1).jpg (3KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
3KB, 275x183px
Best show on television and top 3 HBO series of all time. Don't @ me.
>>
Will it achieve this level of kino during season 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fohOet_3XBc
>>
What's so great about this show? The concept of the show itself just doesn't interest me, what exactly does it have going for it? Are the mystery elements ever expanded upon, or is it one of those "It's all about the characters" type shows?
>>
>>81835075

no, the mystery will never be elaborated on, it's all about the characters, move on.
>>
>>81835014
Show has been going downhill because of the lack of Justin Theroux nudes.
>>
File: uhhh.jpg (77KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.jpg
77KB, 720x418px
LINDELOF'D
>>
>>81835075
First season very character driven with the subject mature being primarily how these people dealt with their grief of the departed.

Second season basically delves into a bunch of maybe, maybe not supernatural stuff that may or may not be related to the departure.

So yes I can understand not having an entirely character driven season 1 be appealing but the second season is so satisfying if you're looking for stuff to actually happen.

Personally, I love how the show dealt with the extremes people go to to deal with their emotions and I love that 2nd season just goes off the rails with wacky shit.

>>81835174
Won't deny I have a man crush on him desu
>>
>>81835200
I went from amped to absolute diamonds when this happened. I have faith it won't >Lost us.
>>
>>81835014
Not top 3 but best on tv maybe. Fargo and the young pope may edge it out
>>
File: 14790797860.jpg (53KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
14790797860.jpg
53KB, 657x527px
>>81835275
I had to go to wiki since I didn't recognize her
>>
>>81835298
I absolutely love Fargo and it's probably a better crafted show than Leftovers but the emotional attachment I have to the characters in Leftovers puts it #1 ahead of Fargo at #2.

I will say watching Fargo S2 knowing the mother will die was absolutely amazing television to me.
>>
>be the GR
>you're essentially nothing but a strained metaphor for anger, second stage of grief
>you are angry. At all times. ANGRY ABOUT DENIAL
>no one is actually in denial
>YES YOU ALL ARE JOIN US AND SMOKE ELSE YOU'RE IN DENIAL
>holy shit guys go away
>YOU'RE IN DENIAL
>continue this for seven fucking years
>people still fall for it
>>
>>81835327
Same. Definitely rused me good.
>>
>>81835384
>be the GR
>get blown up by missile
>>
>>81835014
So, did Johns wife kidnap Lily?
>>
>>81835384
I understand how they think regular people are in denial, and certainly some are legitimately and most are to some small degree, but the GR really needed to take a fucking hint that life goes on. It's not even like the GR were being productive in trying to find out the WHY or HOW of it all and ridiculing everyone else for not doing the same.
>>
Just watched the first episode last night. It was ok, gonna watch a couple more episodes tonight.
>>
>>81835458
Honestly so much other stuff happened that I hadn't even started to REALLY ask what happened to lily.

I don't know if she did, but I don't think it's the last we've seen of her. I'm predicting she joined some group or cult because of what happened to her daughter, like the toxic waste dumping one.
>>
>>81835481
I wouldn't recommend binge watching more than 2 at a time. I really think it's a show that has to be digested at a slower pace than the typical show because of how heavy it is at all times. It's a more satisfying watch that way I think.

However, the shows nature and nature of the characters is chaotic and lost, so perhaps feeling similar to them will make the experience better for you.
>>
>>81835439
>get literally burned the fuck out of a town
>get nuked
being the living reminder is suffering
>>
>>81835469
that's half the reason the first season claiming to take place three years later was so silly (the book was months later) as most people do go back to some semblance of their lives, no matter who they lose, after a year, maybe two.

and no, the supernatural nature of the loss doesn't change shit, as no matter who you talk to, its always the same shit, one moment they're there, one moment they're not, and the cause doesn't change how people feel about the loss. There would've been "bodiless" funerals all over the place after a few months, the only people who wouldn't accept the fact the people aren't coming back and are functionally identical to dead are the brain damaged.
>>
Matt is the luckiest preacher of the world. Literally gets to witness Jesus irl
>>
reminder: kevin died at the beginning of season 2 and everything since has been in his head
>>
>drive camper onto bridge
>step outside camper
>put up timer
>timer counts down for a while
>hits zero
>nothing happens
>RIOT!!!!!!!!!

>>
>>81835384
Did they get blown up because the writers had no where else to take them?
>>
>>81835577

To be honest I don't think I can handle more than two episodes at a time
>>
File: 1492028352083.jpg (197KB, 800x705px) Image search: [Google]
1492028352083.jpg
197KB, 800x705px
>>81835696
Stop.
>>
>>81835635
I disagree with the 2nd paragraph as there are small bits of evidence laid throughout the series that the how and why was still very much important to a lot of people. The show its self and the main characters themselves just didn't dwell on it.
>>
>>81835731
Good call.
>>
Leftovers S2 is the worst season of television I've ever seen on HBO, and I watched both seasons of how to make it in america.
>>
>>81835725
1) there was already precedent in the show of just fucking GR and other crazies shit up with no regard for their lives, so it is logical they just decided to kill them after a full scale violent riot
2) Liv Tyler probably didn't want to come back so they had to kill her off
>>
this series is for the people that got SO FUCKED UP by Lost, that they are now starting to accept other series from the same guy where nothing will ever be explained.

last season I read that the main guy got shot and killed but he resurrected, so now in season 3 they are making him out to be jesus.
>>
>>81835872
Love this show, didn't like Lost. Difference for me is the depth of the characters in Leftovers makes the ride so much more enjoyable.
>>
>>81835075

Every good show is "about the characters". So yes.
>>
>>81835905
>depth of characters

kevin is literally jack though
>>
>>81835970
negro, good shows can turn just about anything into a character and then be about that.

leftovers ain't that
>>
File: leftovers - nora smile.webm (1MB, 612x716px) Image search: [Google]
leftovers - nora smile.webm
1MB, 612x716px
>>81835327
How can you not recognize this beautiful coon
>>
>>81835075
>or is it one of those "It's all about the characters" type shows?

go watch your breaking bad you literal child
>>
>>81836028
faceblindness is a symptom of autism

as is liking leftovers
>>
>>81836078
says the guy who got hooked by a post-rapture situation
>>
File: mfw.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>81836079
>>
>>81835137
>>81835970
>>81836078
prime example of leftovers fags being so far up their own ass they cant explain what they actually like about the show

omg it's not about the numerous open ended supernatural plotlines we wont bother to give you a clue about! just listen to the melodramatic music that plays at the end of each episode while the characters scream and cry.
>>
File: instructions 4U.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
instructions 4U.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>81836165
>>
>>81836165
if you like good shows (Mad Men, Sopranos, Deadwood, Fargo), you will like this show
>>
>>81836258
I liked the first season well enough but jesus christ the fans on here
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.