[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does a casting director actually do? Do they actually cast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 5707200859_831a267373_b.jpg (75KB, 590x292px) Image search: [Google]
5707200859_831a267373_b.jpg
75KB, 590x292px
What does a casting director actually do? Do they actually cast the film? Wouldn't that be up to the director and the producers?
>>
>>81831732
They're the people that directors or actors are talking about when they say "my people will call your people"
>>
>>81831732

Pretty much this:
>>81832063

Also, people on the "casting" role usually know who's available/can handle the role and how best to contact them (read: lure them in), they might also have alternates to suggest to a director.
>>
>>81831732
They sort through headshots and videos, organize casting calls, set up auditions, negotiate with agents and generally winnow down the list and present the director and producers with what they feel are the best choices.
>>
>>81831732
Someone has to sex the young actors before they move on to the real pervs and degenerons.
>>
File: castingcouch.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
castingcouch.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>81831732
>>
>>81831732
It's up to the director to have the final say but someone has to work out a short list that really works.

Would be pointless when director says I want this man and he is not available
>>
They fuck the actresses and sometimes actors
>>
>>81831732
They fuck young girls desperate for work

And sometimes they do this shit >>81832216 too.
>>
the casting director is the person who organizes couch sessions with people right for the role.
>>
>>81831732
sleep with the hottest girl
>>
>>81831732
dick in pusy
>>
>>81831732
They wittle the process down to manageble levels so the director can come in later on and make the choices without wading through the sheer numbers who audition for each role.
>>
>>81833381
Based pusy poster
>>
>>81832216
>sort through headshots and videos
Is that hard? Are they doing it objectively?

Actually they can't tell if the guy is good or will be good or not and they are just slipping their relatives in and shutting everyone out right?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.