[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you like it /tv/? I think some parts were a bit over the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 26

File: 13-reasons-why_0.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
13-reasons-why_0.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
Did you like it /tv/?

I think some parts were a bit over the top, but overall it was pretty good. The suicide scene was pretty rough, specially her parents reaction. I'll admit I have a rather weak stomach so I felt pretty affected by the end.

The lead actress was a top qt. Beautiful eyes.

Also the fact that Tumblr, Hufftington post & co. hate is as good endorsement as any.
>>
>>81829019
The rape scenes was good.
>>
>>81829019
What bothers me is the main character is constantly fucking stressing about who did what and what's going on, instead of just listening to the fucking tapes.

Jesus christ, so much could been avoided if he just listened to them all the way through. But instead he just bitches about "muh anxiety attack" every time he listens to the tape.

It's completely fucking unrealistic.
>>
>>81829153
I mean the kid was losing his shit. Hallucinating and all.
>>
>>81829133
I mean ... she didn't say no, right?
>>
>>81829019
>>81829019
Yes, i liked it a lot. It is obviously a teen drama. A really well made teen drama. If one can't understand that, you can't possibly like it.

>>81829153
Have you ever lost someone close to you anon? Well, he loved her, she was close and she commited suicide. I think ''completely fucking unrealistic'' is completely fucking wrong. By the way, not everything has to be a documental you know, in movies you're allowed to exaggerate.
>>
Why did they hate it?
>>
>>81829546
I don't think they really did, every normie I know likes this show. I don't think a normie would want to give a negative opinion on a suicide plot to be honest
>>
>>81829546
Because it "romanticizes" suicide.

You see anon, how can a pretty straight cis white girl feel depressed when she is so privileged?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stranger-things-star-advises-people-not-to-watch-13-reasons-why_us_58f77251e4b029063d35a4a3

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/91705246/13-reasons-why-glorifies-suicide-in-the-worst-way
>>
>>81829512
this, she wanted the D
>>
shit was good i only have two episodes left but i took a break after clay's tape. sure there are some cringey moments and you want to scream at some of the characters but it's been a nice little mystery so far.
>>
File: hannah.jpg (26KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hannah.jpg
26KB, 1280x720px
>Why didn't you fuck me when I was still alive?
>>
When she cut her hair she dropped from an 8 to a 6 in a heartbeat
>>
>>81829878
>because you yelled at me like a crazy cunt and you were a drama hoe
>>
File: 1437364997635.png (134KB, 317x392px) Image search: [Google]
1437364997635.png
134KB, 317x392px
>Vast majority of suicides are male
>Show focuses on a cute teenage girl who killed herself because the boy she liked left when she told him to leave.

Also, the whole meme about "the bullied loser going school shooter" is lame. The profiling is way off, most of them aren't bullied to any high degree, that holds especially true for the Columbine shooters who were at worst,very lightly bullied.
>>
>>81829133

Anon, welcome to your tape
>>
My biggest problem is how do you only get 3 day suspension from pot? That shit should have gotten clay arrested
>>
>>81829512
Was Bryce actually /ourguy/?
>>
>>81829844
This is a big point for me. I think they managed the thriller/mystery part vert well. I almost watched the whole thing in a day because as soon as I finished one episode I wanted to know what happened next.

Also the warm/cool palette to differentiate the flashbacks from the present was aesthetic as fuck.
>>
I subbed for an art teacher today and a girl in my fifth grade class said she watched this. Did she like it?
>>
>>81830405
The only one tyler decided not to kill is one who shot himself in the head
>>
>"GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE"
>Okay, what did I do wrong?
>"JUST GET THE FUCK OUT"
>Okay, fine.
>"By the way, if you had just stayed in this room, then everything would still be okay and this girl won't get raped and this other girl won't drive drunk and indirectly cause the death of your second best friend, but it's somehow your fault that you complied with what I asked of you."

This fucking show, man.
>>
>>81830493
>This fucking show, man
I think it was a very faithful representation of women desu.
>>
>>81830493

Ya that was annoying as fuck, like you stupid cunt you knew you were wrong don't fucking try and make the kid feel bad. Goddamn I'm mad again.
>>
Rip in peace Kyle, you were such a bro.
>>
>>81830493
Bit teenage girls are like that. Also this proves Bryce wasn't wrong
>>
>>81830602
Lyle didn't even get drunk the dumb black bitch made me mad
>>
>DUDE This guy won't fucking leave until I very specifically admit that I raped a girl using the exact word "rape", but I don't think anything suspicious is going on LMAO

Bryce played himself.
>>
File: art pepe.jpg (378KB, 1152x1500px) Image search: [Google]
art pepe.jpg
378KB, 1152x1500px
>>81830629
I kind of felt bad because she (ostensibly) was a virgin.
>>
>>81829019

Do schools where you can skip classes frequently with no accountability exist? I mean it doesn't seem like a nigger school or anything but no one fucking goes to class and they just fucking leave whenever they want
>>
File: 2017-01-29_(5).png (512KB, 1352x895px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-29_(5).png
512KB, 1352x895px
>>81829019

What the fuck was her problem? Even the arrogant poetry faggot thought she was shit

Was she a hidden sociopath?
>>
File: sxcar.png (1MB, 878x1132px) Image search: [Google]
sxcar.png
1MB, 878x1132px
Why did they totally half-ass the makeup on this scar?
>>
>>81831581

How did he get the scar again? I realized like halfway through the series that his scar wasn't going away and it was really obnoxious
>>
>>81831607
He got it from biking in the dark.
The only reason that scar exists is to differentiate him in flashbacks.
>>
>>81831607
Fell of a bike. It was a device to show people when it was a flashback vs a present scene.
>>
>>81830602
>>81830660

Wasn't that kid's name Jeff? But yeah he was a bro

>tfw you didn't have an extroverted popular friend in high school to help you get out of your shell and talk to girls
>>
OMG Anon, I didn't know you were such a STONER EX-DEE
>>
>>81831551
>chinks
>having a soul

Pick exactly one
>>
>>81831695

She was raised by white men though so I thought maybe she'd be taught Western values like empathy and personal responsibility
>>
>>81831581
He really fucking needed stitches for that
>>
>>81829019

Watching it right now. It looks like just another "Dumb girl falls for asshole guy and get depressed later and expects me to feel pity" type of show, am I right? I hope there's someting that can keep me interested.
>>
>>81829019

Is there going to be a season 2? I guess it's based on a book which basically ends where the season ends, but potential school shooter kid seems like an intentionally loose end
>>
>>81831807
Keep watching.
>>
>>81830313
they said cause he had a spotless record etc.
>>
>>81831807

She has more going on in her life that makes her more sympathetic, but at basically every turn she makes the palpably wrong choices
>>
>>81829528
Dude barely knew her for less than a school year and he clearly wasn't that close to her. Him getting so worked up is ridiculous and only serves to milk drama and stretch the story out.
>>
I though this scene was pretty aesthetic. Also the lack of music made it very eerie.
>>
>>81832017
Uhh, he knew her for a year and a few months. That's enough time to develop feelings for someone.
>>
File: suicide.png (488KB, 1366x744px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.png
488KB, 1366x744px
>>81832032
Fuck. Forgot pic.
>>
>>81832032
Completely agree, fantastic scene. Wasn't expecting it to be that graphic.
>>
>>81832032
>>81832070
>>81832094

I liked that it was so eerie and brutal, this might stray into normie territory but the criticism that this series glorifies suicide a little isn't necessarily wrong, so showing that it's painful and unnecessary at the end was a good touch.
>>
>>81829019

>main character is supposedly a shy outcast but he has everyone's number, knows everyone's name, goes to parties, is a prominent member of the school, and even has a few girls who might want his cock

showmakers don't know true autism
>>
>>81832144
How does it glorify suicide exactly? The tapes and all the fallout they caused could be a motivator for somebody to play copycat, if that's what you mean.

I also couldn't believe how well done the acting was when they found her, especially her mom...The slow realization that sweeps over her...
>>
>>81829019
It was well made, But I really don't like Hannah's character.

Why does Tumblr and Huffington post hate it?
>>
>>81832295

>The tapes and all the fallout they caused could be a motivator for somebody to play copycat, if that's what you mean.

Yeah, basically meant that. Teens are literally mentally impaired, their brains are going crazy through puberty. Wouldn't really recommend this show to actually potentially suicidal people

the mom's initial shock and denial was great, whoever she is she's an amazing actress
>>
>>81832295
>How does it glorify suicide exactly?

Not that anon, But I think it portrays suicide as the "ultimate payback", I can see a lot of young people thinking this exact thing. Seeing this realized in a tv show only validates their retardation.
>>
>>81832372
>whoever she is
You've NEVER watched Grey's Anatomy?
>>
I enjoyed it but the show had it's flaws.

Hannah's character was horribly written. she was barely made to have any flaws. The only times when she made a decision that negatively affected someone else was the first rape scene. Even the scene with Clay was played off of the fact that she was traumatized. If they added some scenes where she was a bitch or obnoxious her character would be more realistic. You could combat this with us seeing her vision of the past and she could be an unreliable narrator but I believe it was just shitty writing. The story was also too perfectly depressing with all those terrible events happening to her in that span of time.

Jeff's death had more impact than Hannah's whole story. I felt bad for Justin by the end more than I did for Hannah. The parents of course were who I felt the most grief for.

I wish that they wrapped everything up at the end and I hope there is no second season.
>>
>>81829019
I haven't seen this yet, what's it about? Looks like more white nu-male villainizing.
>>
>>81832372
>the mom's initial shock and denial was great
It really was very powerful.

Tbh the only reason I haven't an hero is because I couldn't do that to my mum.

If a suicidal teen sees that, sees how a parent can react to that shit, and still goes through with it frankly they deserve to die. Parents shouldn't burry their children.
>>
>>81832422
>Looks like more white nu-male villainizing.

Naw, just males in general. Some girl kills herself as a way of enacting revenge for getting her feelings hurt. She records 13 tapes that are directed at 13 different people and how they drove her to kill herself. She's easily the worst part of the show, The main character is the "nice guys that isn't like most evil guys" because he's a slave to her, surprise.
>>
>>81832484
Actually only 12, because one guy gets TWO tapes.
>>
>>81832410

>Hannah's character was horribly written. she was barely made to have any flaws.

I mean she made the wrong choices at just about every turn, which she acknowledges. Her life was not a straightforward "people screwed me over for no reason" deal.

She continues to associate with people who she should know are shitty people because she's desperate to fit in somewhere. Her on again off again friendship with the black girl in particular
>>
>>81832533
She was very much portrayed as someone who "got screwed over for no reason". She did make stupid choices but there aren't any situations where she was actually mean or selfish besides the one with Clay. Even when it came to Jessica and Alex, it was portrayed like one day they refused to talk to her anymore. If they added a scene where Hannah was being a bitch it would make more sense.

>>81832484
Clay was not a slave to her. Yeah he did have feelings for her but at no point did he go out of his way to please her. There were times when he called her out on stuff, after those pictures get leaked and then when she wanted to talk about the Jeff situation.
>>
>tfw used to be a guidance counselor and saw those kids who are ambiguous and vague about their issues constantly

really sympathized with the counselor, you can tell he's trying to be helpful to students and do the right thing but he's fundamentally restricted by his own lack of authority and by the tendency of kids to think no one can possibly know what they're going through
>>
>>81831746
>The mythos of current year white traditional men.
>Two faggot fathers.

Yeah, I can see how you would get mixed up there.
>>
>>81832630
>She was very much portrayed as someone who "got screwed over for no reason".

She is an unreliable narrator. It is implied many times. Clay even says something like "that's not how it happened" and Tony says "That's her truth".

Add to that the fact that people tend to overlook the faults of the dead. Clay wanted a "good memory" of Hannah. And since he (and the tapes) is the narrative device you get a rosy picture of her.
>>
>>81832044
>Uhh

Leave now. Go back.
>>
>>81829512
She was clearly trying to get free, fuck off.
>>
>>81832743

>She is an unreliable narrator. It is implied many times.

basically only by that girl who refuses to admit that she's gay though, all the kids on the tape seem to cave in the end and admit responsibility, even if they were acting in self-interest
>>
>>81832743
That is definitely a logical explanation. I do feel that it is more of a writing issue.

I could also see it being that they did not want to make her a bad person because it might convince a depressed teen to actually kill themselves.
>>
>>81832202
this.

BTW who forwarded him that pic of Hannah that Justin took?
>>
File: 1462678686427.jpg (12KB, 426x382px) Image search: [Google]
1462678686427.jpg
12KB, 426x382px
>>81832848
I was making a joke. There is no need to be upset friendo.
>>
>>81832848
more like trying to get free dick, amirite?
>>
>>81832202
>Goes to 2 parties during 3 years of highschool
>It is not hard to get someone's number these days especially in highschool
>Seeing people 5 days a week will get you to remember people's names
>He didn't get involved in anything besides being a tutor
>He was cute I want his cock too

Think about how your life could be if you tried a little bit Anon.
>>
File: 32452.png (564KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
32452.png
564KB, 719x719px
>>81832969
I get a little autistic sometimes, sorry faggot
>>81833063
ayy
>>
>>81832032
>>81832070
>watch this scene
>cut my life into piece this is my last resort starts playing
This music felt inappropriate don't you guys think?
>>
File: 1492444636528.jpg (476KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492444636528.jpg
476KB, 800x800px
>>81832372
I see your point now. The tapes were essentially revenge, in a way.

>>81832388
Especially the way she did it, that was the "ultimate payback." The only way she could've made it more vengeful is if she popped herself in front of everybody.

>>81832856
The Asian guy didn't throw the note away.
>>
>>81829019
I actually was upset for 1 day and a half after finishing the show :(
>>
>>81833146
I would swap Zach with the faggot.
>>
>>81833146

>The Asian guy didn't throw the note away.

Shit i forgot about that, fair enough. all these loose ends really do seem to imply a second season

also Asian girl was pure evil, I hate people who hide their self-centeredness behind smiles and a good reputation
>>
>>81833146
Wow one of the only charts of those I've seen thats actually really accurate, like this is pretty perfect.
>>
>>81833196
I'm still upset almost a week after finishing it. This show really hit me on a personal level.
>>
File: 1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif (1MB, 320x234px) Image search: [Google]
1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif
1MB, 320x234px
>>81833146
if she did that it would have turned into this.
>>
Every scene with her parents left me gutted. Shit was rough.

>>81829153
He had mental problems, retard. Why do you think his patents wanted him back on medication?
>>
>>81831807
That's what it looks like at first, but there is a little more to it than that
>>
File: joker-mfw.jpg (94KB, 414x353px) Image search: [Google]
joker-mfw.jpg
94KB, 414x353px
>>81833146

>Bryce
>Chaotic Evil
>kicks Clay's ass instead of raping him
>>
>>81833204
which one?
>>
>tfw even after getting outed as a rapist (if he really was a rapist since we've established that Hannah is a potentially unreliable narrator) Bryce still seemed to care about Justin when he had nothing to gain from it

He also stood up for photographer school shooter kid and gives out free weed. Is he really a bad guy? Could Justin's own perception of how Bryce raped Jessica have been shaped by how Hannah relayed the story on the tapes? He was certainly drunk as hell. Maybe ruining their friendship was another way for Hannah to get revenge
>>
>>81829019
fuck this show really, i tried to like it but it kinda shits on people with actual problems, my mom is suicidal so when i see the show peddle stupid as fuck problems for a suicide minus the rape though it just ticks me off like really i got told i have a nice ass big whoop.
>>
File: iktfb.jpg (25KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
iktfb.jpg
25KB, 300x277px
>>81833196
>>81833253

The whole thing really hit me hard too. I have been all apprehensive since I finished it.

Apart from the general empathy that I felt for the characters, and this is going to sound really dumb, but what kind of bummed me the most was that I never had anything intense (good or bad) happened to me in my life. It's all been very dull.

I would like to have had a crush like Clay had, I would like to have a person that I'd care so much that I would start losing my mind if they were gone. I would like to have felt something, anything, even pain when I was in prep school. I feel I haven't lived life because I haven't felt anything, I haven't connected with anyone. I live through the fiction of movies because there is nothing else in my life.
>>
>someone says you have a nice ass
>kys

?????
>>
I saw a report on the news that a local school had sent out a warning to parents about their kids watching this show. The principal was worried that the show glorified and made suicide appealing.
>>
She's pretty cute with short hair.
>>
>>81833466
I know THAT feel bro
>>
>>81833415
(2,1) <-> (2,3)

The homo "writer" stole Hannah's poem and published without her permission. That's pretty chaotic.

Zack (the asian jock) on the other hand was an "stellar" student, fits more on lawful neutral.
>>
>>81829019
Honestly feel the worst for Justin.

Gets cucked by his best friend and a drug dealer who fucks his mom.

All of his "friends" essentially abandon him.

What will happen to him /tv/
>>
>>81833512
>have autismo
>post on 4chan
?????
>>
>>81833466
Me too dude. Something about the last two episodes, man.

Get a hobby and go meet people. It's hard as hell but it can be done.

>>81833405
(I'm the one who posted it) Yeah, Bryce and Justin definitely need to be switched. Bryce caused chaos, but he didn't embody chaos, if that makes sense. Justin was so chaotic he had trouble accomplishing things.

>>81833567
For me Justin was one of the easiest characters to have sympathy for. I started off hating him but by the end I felt awful for him.
>>
so if they decide to do a second season

how the fuck would that even work
>>
>>81833431
Bryce's character wasn't developed too much but I think that his problem is that he is a legit sociopath. I mean the guy literally cannot tell right from wrong. Maybe in his mind he really believe Hannah wanted him. Maybe he kind of cared for Justin too. He just has no innate moral compass.
>>
>>81833653
13 Reasons Why The School Got Shot Up
>>
>>81833653
Tyler Down's manifesto
>>
Just on episode 3, Bryce raped her right? Is this whole series about that guy who raped a girl not too long ago when she was asleep in some college?

Id be surprised if he didnt, they put this eerie music everytime the big scary charismatic Chad appears.
>>
>>81829019

I don't even know what the fuck is going on but I'm intrigued. Who the fuck is that guy in the muscle car? Why "Listen"? God fucking damn it.
>>
>>81833653
13 Reasons Why: School Shooter Edition
>>
>>81833753
Keep watching.
>>
>>81833770
this.
they basically set it up with the photo kid
>>
>>81833753
Listen to the tapes Clay.
>>
>>81833753
I can't tell you that, that's not what Hannah wanted. You'll have to listen to the tapes.
>>
>>81833753
Just listen to the tapes Clay.
>>
>>81833969
>>81833997
>>81834038

Goddamn it, /tv/, I get it. I'm on episode 3.
>>
File: hannah2.jpg (118KB, 1024x929px) Image search: [Google]
hannah2.jpg
118KB, 1024x929px
>>81829019
I really liked the girl they casted for the main role. She has a cute face, lovely smile and big beautiful eyes and dem lips. But she's also kind of homely, in some shots she looks kind of THICC even.

The performance in the suicide scene was top notch too.
>>
>>81834085

>taking this long

welcome to your tape, Anon.
>>
>>81833655
I think Bryce is just a scumbag. He has money and charisma so he knows he can get away with anything he wants. He is most likely aware of the wrong things he does but does not care.

>>81833653
It wouldn't. What do they do? Alex releases 13 more tapes or like that other Anon said, Tyler's manifesto? Maybe Bryce releases 13 sex tapes. They really needed to wrap everything up in one season, now if they do a season 2 all the mystery thriller aspects will be gone and so won't the best part, Jeff.
>>
>>81829019
I got really tired of it half-way through the second episode. Suicide girlie came off way too much as a giant bitch.
>>
Why is every parent (well, mother) so shitty in this show? Either abusers or extremely controlling towards their kids. Protagonist dad is the cooler one and he still feels kinda like a dick that lets his wife control everything.
>>
>>81832519
>doesn't rape the girl
>still gets the most tapes
Justin is the real hero of the show
>>
>>81834636
Because if parents were responsible the entire show wouldn't have happened in the first place.
>>
>>81832848

Clear to who? The camera's POV? The viewer and their pov doesn't exist bruh.
>>
>>81829019
Bryce did nothing wrong
>>
>>81834866
Bryce was right.
>>
>>81832410
>Hannah's character was horribly written. she was barely made to have any flaws. If they added some scenes where she was a bitch or obnoxious her character would be more realistic.

what the fuck, did you even pay attention
>>
>>81834955
>>81834866
>>81835477
>>
>>81833512
lol for the first half of the show the worst thing that happened was a terrible rumor about having a nice ass, even though her butt was ironing board level. Seriously, what's wrong with Hannah.
>>
>>81829019
good series, didn't like it because it romanticizes and glorifies suicide, as someone with clinical depression it feels sad knowing that idiotic tumblrinas and attention whores will inevitably start replicating bullshit like the tapes as a way to "leave their mark"
>>
>>81830493
This. Same with the counselor scene. The way they made that girl so unlikeable basically removed all the interest of the show
>>
>>81829019
I like her dick sucking lips
>>
>>81837169
tumblr have rejected this show for the same reasons as you
>>
>>81834632
it gets better by episode 4. starts feeling darker and the writing gets better
>>
>>81837112
> gets sexually assulted
> crotch-shot spread around school
> pictures of you and asian making out spread around school
> all your friends abandon you
but the rumours were the worst thing??
>>
>>81833431
nah pretty sure 3 accounts of sexual asault/rape + blatant confession means bryce is a rapist
>>
I watched it. "meh" comes to mind.
I'm not sure why /tv/ thinks it was so good, but hey.
>>
>>81831430
Please be joking.
Did you not go to High School?
>>
The only reason anyone cares about this show and think the 'problems" have any justification do so because the victim was a pretty white woman. Literally it
>>
>>81838238
Better kill mahself
>>
>>81838589
Rape is a justified problem, regardless of race and/or sex
>>
>>81832202
Alex was the autistic nerd.
>>
>literally watch one of your friends get raped
>do nothing
>blame the guy who failed to protect her
>>
File: 13 raisons.jpg (28KB, 934x534px) Image search: [Google]
13 raisons.jpg
28KB, 934x534px
>>81829019
>2 minutes into hot-tub rape and chill and she gives you this look
>>
>>81838657
but he still dated the "hottest girl in school"
>>
>>81829019
It was really bad.
>>
>>81830493
wouldnt the girl still have drunk drove and maybe not hit the sign?
>>
I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of this stupid crap.

Another show about people who think other people's deaths are all about them.

The same people to whom it never once occurs to treat others with the slightest empathy or respect.

Then when a movie theater gets shot up, they say "OH GOD, WHY WOULD THIS HAPPEN???"

Because of you, you dumb teeny bopper wannabes.
>>
this was literally LIFE IS STRANGE VIDEO GAME ADAPTION TIER fuck.
>>
>Clay goes for the tatted cutter bitch instead of the beautiful good-hearted african princess who throws herself at him

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>81838526

Catholic school dude, attendance was taken at the beginning of every class.

Does this not happen elsewhere? I have no perspective on life
>>
>>81830493

I mean he seems to be the only one on the tapes that she says isn't really at fault for anything, she just wanted him to hear her story
>>
What kind of person even was she? What was she interested in? She didn't play sports or sing or play an instrument or anything, poked fun at Clay for being >lolsuchanerd
The only time I can think of where she did anything besides school, work and occasional parties is the poetry thing
>>
>>81829019
Yeah I liked it, I ended up staying up to 2 watching it, cried a few times when I came in hating the show.
>>
>>81842126
>cried.

Fuckin' hell what is happening to you people? Even my friend told me he cried.
>>
>>81831551
>Was she a hidden sociopath?
Probably, a teenager being that crazy about not wanting to be known as the least offensive LGBT demographic in 2016ish was pretty unrealistic.
>>
>>81833146
>The Asian guy didn't throw the note away.
I figured he picked it up after the "Why me?" but it wasn't even crumpled. Not sure how to take that. Him and Alex weren't so bad I guess.
>>
>>81837169
>tmblrinas an hero
>sad
pick one
>>
>>81842138
Just hit me on a personal level, my teen years weren't great.
>>
>>81838589
THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING A PRETTY WHITE WOMEN
>>
>>81840435
The irony is that you'd probably like the show more than most if you kept watching.
>>
Something I don't get is, when Hannah went to talk to Mr. Porter about the rape:
>"did you ask him to stop? did you say no?"
she just answered "no", even though we clearly saw her object strongly to the act. Why didn't she say that she objected? In her talk with the counselor it sounded like they just had sex and then she regretted it.

Also, why the hell would she spend even a second alone in the tub with someone who she SAW rape her friend?
>>
>>81842867
She probably fucked herself up and blamed herself for not saying no even though it wouldn't had mattered.

>Also, why the hell would she spend even a second alone in the tub with someone who she SAW rape her friend?
Shock, the way the scene was shot implies she didn't even notice him get in. She does try to leave as soon as he flirts.
>>
>>81837169
>shows the devastation suicide causes
>glorifies and romanticizes suicide
Pick one, retard. This show did the exact fucking opposite of glorifying suicide. The scenes with Hannah's parents are irrefutable proof of that, you emotionally challenged halfwit.
>>
>>81843050
It's not like she froze though, she was talking to him normally at the beginning until he started flirting. I feel it'd be more realistic to have her either really freeze up or try to run away immediately. Imagine if you were alone at night and saw a known murderer near you, you wouldn't just stay calm until you see him pull out a knife.
>>
>>81840909
Durr. That's why she was so mad at the homo for stealing her poem and putting it in that rag for everyone to make fun of. Poetry was her only emotional release and he tainted it.
>>
>>81829019
I think it's a great show but I wish the final episode was directed by Gregg Araki (who did episodes 7-8 and also Mysterious Skin)
I thought it was a bit off, can't put my finger on it
>>
File: 245104.jpg (123KB, 1079x1600px) Image search: [Google]
245104.jpg
123KB, 1079x1600px
Was just about to make this thread.

I enjoyed the hell out of it, I binged it in two days and felt like shit for Jeff.

Hannah was a dumb, stupid bitch and Tony got fucking annoying at times.
>>
>>81843621

Gay poetry kid actually managed to be among the least loathsome kids on the tape, he seemed willing to jeopardize his own future when he found out that they were basically defending a rapist, plus he reks Asian girl constantly
>>
>>81843936
Not sure if this is a directorial decisiom but I think it tried too hard to bait for a second season instead of properly tying up the story
>>
>>81830493
>Jeff
>second best friend
>not bestest best friend ever fuck Tony
>>
>>81829019
i liked it
>>
>>81844153
Not him but while I agree for the most part, he still deserves to be on the tapes. Without his fuckery the poetry guy who told Hannah she was missed at the club when she was heading to the post office might've saved her but Ryan ruined it for her.
>>
>>81844147
imo justin wasnt that bad either. he was a sad dude getting abused and literally cucked. i hated how he planned to actually kill the kid.

jeff was really a nice amazing dude and it was really sad when he died. tony was alright imo, i enjoyed tony a lot.
>>
File: 1478659923639.jpg (147KB, 640x675px) Image search: [Google]
1478659923639.jpg
147KB, 640x675px
>tfw no Jeff in your timeline
>>
>>81844444
wasted digits kys cuck
>>
>>81844274
Jeff was too pure for that world, was cool that they showed a good jock instead of going for the stereotypes 100%.
>>
>>81829019
Is this a prequel to Unfriended?
>>
>>81843521
The only reason anyone ever gave a shit about Hannah was because she killed herself, This is telling people that suicide the the count of montecristo revenge applied to the 21st century. It does glorify it, fucking awful.
>>
>>81833077
>It is not hard to get someone's number these days especially in highschool

>Hey guy I'm not friends with, can I have your phonenumber for uhhh reasons

Up up up upvoted sir
>>
>>81835477
The only two scenes I can recall her being a bad person was when Jessica got raped and when she told Clay to leave. The Clay situation was blamed on all the shitty men. So please give me some examples of her atleast saying something mean to someone else. Shari was the nicest girl on the show and even she had some mean moments.
>>
>>81844444
I really didn't know where the Jeff thing was going until the ep hit. I was wondering where Jeff was during the present and didn't play it any mind. He was a comforting presence and I just thought he was somewhere in the school.
>>
>>81844581
More like
>Hey, do you have notes for English class
>Yeah, what's your number I'll text you them
Also was on the honors board and gets asked to introduce new students.
>>
>>81829019
>someone commits suicide
>were supposed to feel sorry/blame for it
Every time
>>
>>81844698
yeah me too. i had no idea he died until the whole thing unfolded.
>>81844507
jesus christ no

>>81844543
>It does glorify it
well, you cant make a show like this without glorifying it. irl it would be like it was in my school:

>some kid kills himself
>nobody really cares and people just go on with their lives without anything changing or happening
>>
>>81844581
Anon I am sorry you never had a chance to experience friendship.
>>
So why did Alex shoot himself again?
Literally, all he did was piss his gf off and indirectly strain a friendship. Jess was stupid to get pissed off at hannah for it too.
>>
>>81844678
She literally laughs in Tyler's face and more or less mocks him when he asks her if she wanted to hang out. Doesn't even regret it in the tapes.

She caused Columbine 2 electric boogaloo
>>
>>81844776
I had friends. None of my friends asked random students for their numbers. Anon, I am sorry you are a teenage girl.
>>
>>81844757
I paid so much attention to Hannah being a drama cunt that Jeff not being in the present made sense since he didn't do shit wrong and was a swell guy. A jock that wasn't a fucking cock was apparently too good for this world.
>>
>>81844860
>Gets caught stalking a girl
>Asks to hang out after getting caught

No shit she said no. Tyler is fucked up.
>>
>>81829019
You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college age self important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's whats selling Rick and Morty
>>
>>81833146
Sherri should be chaotic neutral, black dude should be lawful evil, and Tony is a cunt.
>>
>>81844834
It wasnt just the issue with hannah that was nagging him up. Have you not seen his family? where his brother is a omega chad and he a complete failure with his weak body, stomache problems and so on. When youre getting praised by your dad for fighting for once than there is obviously something wrong in that regard.
>>
>>81844938
Maybe he got to be that way because no one ever treated him differently.
>>
I felt sorry for Justin, he didn't do that much wrong besides joking with his bros and one of his bros decided to be a dick. Bro chat should stay with the bros and not be spread to every fucking body. Justin tried to stop the rape but got thrown on the ground by King of Chads. He home life was shittier than Hannah's, and his girlfriend was a huge cunt.
>>
>>81844834
>>81845036
Come to think of it:
13 More Reasons Why: Alex
>>
>>81840633
She would have got the D if she didn't have a tape. Hannah gave her spiritual cockblock from beyond the grave.
>>
>>81845075
He planned to murder Clay and hid a rape
>>
>>81844952
too long nigga
>>
>>81845210
He did more than Hannah did who just watched. He at least tried to get Alpha King of Chads to not rape her.
>>
>>81845210
he didn't properly plan that though desu
>>
Clay not immediately dropping melodramatic bitch and her cassette tape bullshit to fuck that 10/10 mulatto goddess who was dying for his dick was the worst part of the show.
>>
>>81829153

> muh anxiety

Umm.... He was schizophrenic dude. Did you really not pick that up?
>>
>>81830015
most of the pressure at Columbine didn't come from other students but from teachers, though
>>
>>81845013
how is tony a cunt?

>>81845075
fucking this. Justice for Justin.
>>
>>81840604
the fuck are you talking about you dumb nigga?
>>
>>81829528

> teen daram

I keep seeing people saying this.. This show had graphic depictions or rape and suicide. It was a show for adults about teenagers. Just because the main characters are teenagers, doesn't mean the show is for kids.

To me what the show was really about was how dysfunctional the American style education system is.

I grew up as a young kid in the UK where school was all about getting good grades. Then I moved to Canada where school is all about smoking pot and cutting class, 'being cool' and playing sports.

The system in North America is completely fucked and toxic. School should just be about getting good grades so you can get a good job and go about your life.

Over here, that is the last priority and leads to a bunch of fucked up adults with no education, skills or ability to function in society as adults.

That's what I got from the show personally.
>>
>>81830015

According to the people who actually went to that school, Erik and Dylan were bullies, not the other way around. I tend to believe that. 'The Trenchcoat Mafia' doesn't sound, to me, like a group of kids that got bullied.
>>
>>81845390
Most people don't actually know wwhat schizophrenia is, hell I didn't even pick up on it because I'm used to the multiple personality maymay but the symptoms fit.
>>
>>81829680
>stranger-things-star-advises-people-not-to-watch-13-reasons-why
Huffington post click baiting as usual I see. She says to not watch it if you're dealing with suicidal thoughts, but says it's a great show. Dumb thot who wrote that article wanted people to think otherwise.
>>
>>81844153
Clay >>>> Zach > Alex > Ryan > Marcus > Jessica > Justin > Courtney > Sheri > Tyler > Bryce = Mr. Porter

Clay literally did nothing wrong, Zach's shit was petty as fuck and not that hurtful, Alex did a list and it wasn't even mocking her, Ryan didn't do shit either and he made it anonymous I could play that shit off, Marcus did one shitty thing and that's all, Jessica is a cunt and Hannah didn't stop her rape, Justin didn't even spread the picture and his crime deserved two tapes really, Courtney is a massive cunt about the least offensive homo shit and her dads probably wouldn't have gave a fuck, Sheri committed a crime and got best guy Jeff killed but at least she owned up to it in the end, Tyler is a little shit and gonna shoot up a school because he is a little fucking creep and he might have shot Alex, Bryce is King of Chads and an absolute asshole and a rapist and a drug dealer, and Mr. Porter is the worst counselor to ever grace the planet and a shitty person afterall.
>>
What was skye's purpose?
>>
>>81845390
theres no way hes schizo the flashbacks and him seeing the girl are artistic license
>>
>>81845538

My step daughter is schizophrenic and the characterization was spot on. She's a really sweet, nice girl and everyone loves her, but then she'll start hallucinating and seeing blood coming out the walls and stuff. They NEVER want to take their pills which doesn't help.
>>
>>81845595

Yes he was. The parents are trying to get him to go back to his shrink and start taking his pills the entire show and asking if he's seeing shit again.
>>
>>81845075
justin was the only one i liked he was a bro everyone liked him
>>
>>81845595
I don't know man, If I literally had to stop walking and stare at the fake people walking down the hallway I would think it might be some sort of schizoid disorder.
>>
>>81845421
>Just listen to the tapes Clay
>Yes, you did kill Hannah
>We all killed Hannah by not being there for her
>*mexican party beating some guy*
>"Hey Tony why didn't you help me against the jocks forcing me to drink"
>"Hey Tony why are you coming to my house to subtle threaten me"
>"Hey Tony why are you following me everywhere"
>Nah, I don't think we should do anything about the rapist
>Nah, Ms. Baker, Hannah didn't leave anything behind, yep.

Tony is a non-helpful Yoda cunt from the 50s.
>>
>>81845541
>mr porter is as bad as a literal rapist
??Not the least blameless, but at best the guy was mildly negligent. All hannah's shit about
>he should have chased me!!
was typical dramatic shite, she didn't even give him all the facts and clearly didn't want helped
>>
>>81845483
>Then I moved to Canada where school is all about smoking pot and cutting class

It's pretty bad isn't it, unfortunate I lost friends to this garbage. But hey at least the NDP has a steady stream of lazy ignorant and entitled voters leaving school each year. Seriously, fuck these people, pure scum.
>>
>>81830405

Agreed We watched this in three nights and we kept putting on the next episode just to see what happened next even when we were laughing about a lot of the stuff that made no sense.

Some of these actors must have been in their late 20s. Tony looked about 35.
>>
>>81845660
reliving past memories isnt schizophrenia, like i said clays state is just artistic license
>>
>>81845679
Mr. Porter didn't report any of the shit Hannah had said to me to anyone. Mr. Porter ignored other students like Tyler and Alex and he lied about it. Clay tells me he himself tried to commit suicide and Mr. Porter gave no fucks. Mr. Porter is suppose to help children and make sure they develop their full potential but all he does is ignore them and speak in a monotone.
>>
>>81834087
>in some shots she looks kind of THICC even.
Did you forget the part where she has "best ass"?
>>
>>81845763
What about what happened at the basketball game where he tried to stop the game because he saw Hannah dead on the court?
>>
>>81831430
Yea pretty much me and my friends used to smoke weed in the library one time while it was packed full of kids during lunch we never got in any shit and we were literally just taking hits out of a cigarette one hitter in the back corner with our backs turned to everyone else we weren't even really hiding or anything
>>
>>81845670
this, cannot understand his thought process at all.
>>81845790
when did clay said he tried to kill himself?
>>
>>81845865
PTSD?
>>
>>81845541
youre a fucking retard. porter is by no means as bad as bryce you faggot, porters hands were tied

>i think i was raped, i dont really know, and i cant say any more. pls make sure the person who raped me (but i dont say you who it was) will never get out of prison again!
>oh you cant do that? welcome to your tape.

fucking die
>>
>>81845865
>>81845954

It was the combination of stress and swamp gas.
>>
>>81844543
You're a fucking idiot. You would call any representation of suicide glorification because you're a sensitive little snowflake. The whole show is about PREVENTING suicide because it's so awful, fuckwit. If the show glorified suicide it would not have had all those scenes with Hannah's devastated parents and the constant reminder that it was all preventable.
>>
>>81845670
>him beating up that dude
that was the only thing that really made me think regarding tony, everything else was maybe bad judgement from him, but he did what he thought was right.

he and hannah obviously had a good relationship, so of course he tried to do what she wanted him to. Also, at the end you knew he was very unsure wheather he did the right thing or not, and he gave her mom the tapes.
>>
>>81845997

I think her actual suicide scene dispels every notion that it glorifies suicide

Her mom's reaction was fucking hard to watch, she's an incredible actress
>>
>>81846014
>not reporting or even considering taking steps against a prolific rapist was just bad judgement
lmao
>>
>>81845997
The problem is that from the viewer's perspective we see Hannah's tapes deliver devastating blows to her bullies, to us it appears like she enacted some clever revenge plot. This is what most people will take away, that you can make people pay attention and make them suffer by killing yourself. It is absolutely glorifying suicide.
>>
>>81844834
He abandoned Hannah to be friends with the Chads that tormented her AND cost Hannah her only friend.
>>
>>81845961
When you're a counselor and someone comes to talk to you about how they were sexually assaulted they're not looking for legal advice. Hannah wanted to talk through her feelings. Mr. Porter is an autist which is why he is a bad counselor. He doesn't pick up on the most obvious signs that someone is in deep shit mentally.
>>
>>81845067
Who treated him like a stalker before e stalked anyone?
He was a creep because he was a creep.
>>
>>81845932
Tony was nonsensical and I do not believe him to actually go to that school. Hell I barely ever see him there. He just standing there watching Clay get his shit fuck and then he has to gull to say "We all killed Hannah because we weren't there for her" is bullshit, you can't even be there for Clay, your friend.

>>81846014
What he thought was right was retarded. He threatened everyone into listening to the tapes and he threatened them not to tell anyone about the tapes with threat of his big Mexican gang of thugs and he was creeping on everyone. Clay had to get him to realize his bullshit was dumb and Hannah is dead so what best for her is jackshit. Her parents are suffering and Tony is a short cunt for even having to realize this.
>>
>>81846085

He comes from a school where kids shot other kids so this all probably seems like white people problems to him
>>
>>81829019
>Also the fact that Tumblr, Hufftington post & co. hate is as good endorsement as any.

Explain
>>
>>81846084
>HE WAS MEAN TO HER!!
so? fucking hell, this is what angers me about this show, you can't go around blaming people for someone's suicide because they weren't nice 100% of the time to someone. Hannah's suicide was because she got raped, all the other shit is meaningless
>>
>>81846085
youre fucking retarded if you think that puts him on the same level as an actual, real rapist, who shoves his DICK into some bitch who clearly doesnt want it.
>>
>>81846165
STOP TALKING BAD ABOUT TONY REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81846165
tony also looks like 25, I think the casting team must have thought he'd work as a 17 yr old because he's like 5ft6
>>
>>81834087
>kind of THICC even
Dude, she was fat.
>>
>>81845932
He told Mr.Porter in one of the episodes after he tried to jump off the cliff, I think it was the last ep with Porter's tape too. All he did was ask, " why you try to kill yourself poor white boy" and didn't do shit.

>>81845961
Porter didn't want to even listen to her and give her any comfort. If you are a counselor who doesn't want to hear everyone's problem and listen to it and probably give out some advice, you need to quit and work as a jailer or something.
>>
>>81846184
Wasn't talking about that dude's list I was addressing your retarded simplification of his and Hannah's interaction.
>Mr. Porter a good boy he dindu nuffin
>>
>>81846170
I think because for once Tumblr actually saw through this shit. It is blatantly a revenge movie repackaged for gullible teenagers. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a bunch of 13 reasons why copy cat suicides or just suicides because of the show.
>>
>>81845595
You're an idiot. He tells Tony that he's hallucinating and his parents are telling him he needs to take psych meds.
>>81845413
The Columbine shooters were assholes who bullied other kids. They shot up the school because they were fedora-tipping edgelords.
>>
>>81846215
Tony needs to get that dick out of his ass and not be a cunt then.

>>81846222
That in combo with him acting like a 50s greaser.
>>
>>81846268

This was based on a bestselling book as I recall so if this happens the show runners can't really take all of the blame
>>
>>81846222
thats the case with most of them.
>zach
>bryce
>the negroe dude

none of them looks like 17
>>
>>81846142
That's a grey area, he's always thrown under the bus while everyone is best buddies with the rapist amd the guy who let it happen and go unreported. It's a good indicator that he was treated like this before he stalked anyone or at least before he got caught.
>>
>>81846259
hes still not as bad as fucking bryce

>>81846265
fair enough
>>
>>81846343
They clearly show why no one liked him. He walked around with a camera, getting into everyone's face and generally was a creepy fuck.
>>
>>81833466
23 years old here and completely missed out on the young silly love that most people experience through highschool. Hell, I didnt even held hands with a girl on kindergarden to be honest. But you know what? There's nothing you can really do to change the lack of emotions that you've had in the past. And who's to say that you won't find something that's actually better than that somewhere along in the future? People just have different rhythms for everything and the sooner you embrace that the better you will feel.
>>
>>81846300
meds =/= schizophrenia
Hallucinations =/= schizophrenia especially ones that conveniently tie in with the plot.
also clay is only meant to be 17 schizophrenia only starts to show late late teens so if he really schizo from and early age he'd be much worse than he was
>>
>>81846364
Just as bad to me, he is ruining hundred of kids' lives by being a shitty counselor. Bryce raped two girls, both of which were already down a shitty path.
>>
>>81846417
>Just as bad to me
yeah thats because youre fucking retarded
>>
>>81846072
Again, you're a fucking idiot. You would use mental gymnastics to call any depiction of suicide glorification. If she had just suicided and no one cared you would say it glorified suicide because suicide is shown as the right solution.
>>
>>81846342
My brother looked 21 at 15 and had enough testosterone to grow a better beard than I do at 22.
>>
>>81846174
You are objectively retarded. The whole point is that it was a snowball effect. It all built up over the course of a year and a half.
>>
>>81846529
Not at all, it's because it precisely shows how she made her aggressors suffer. That makes it appealing to those who want revenge, It is glorifying. It's not mental gymnastics, I think we should talk about suicide and these issues but this is isn't the right way at all. Like people are actually rooting for when the bullies listen to the tapes and fucks them up, we shouldn't be rewarded for suicide. Teenagers in particular will take away the revenge aspect of this.
>>
>>81846174
>Hannah's suicide was because she got raped

Hannah's suicide was because she was a STUPID FUCKING BITCH.
>>
>>81846665
>Hannah's suicide was because she was a STUPID FUCKING BITCH.

This, and this alone should be the main take away, sadly people won't see that.
>>
>>81846416
Don't quit your day job, jr Dr. Schizophrenia can present as early as 13.
>>81846343
People treated him like a creep because he really was a creep.
>>
>>81846239
Do you want to be in a tape?
>>
>>81846642
You're still intentionally ignoring all of the emotional fallout the show presented, fuckwit. The scenes with her parents directly contradict your tumblr bullshit.
>>
>>81846724
I´ll get the 18th, if you don´t mind. <3
>>
>>81846779
But it wasn't just emotional fallout right? she got exactly what she wanted, she made them suffer. a teenage kid will always consider that above the emotional fallout, always. Hannah also didn't have to experience any of the fallout herself.
>>
>>81846702
>>81846665
Spotted the turbovirgins.
>>
>>81846846
So you're saying her suicide was totally justified.
>>
>>81844161
>second season
Is that a thing?
The whole show is named after Hannah's tapes and her story is over
>>
>>81846665

Justin pls go
>>
>>81846833
You're being willfully obtuse. Ignoring reality to push an agenda that has no basis in fact. Showing the pain Hannah's suicide caused is the entire point. Her suicide reverberated through an entire community because it was so awful.
>>
>>81846869
I'm saying your virginity is totally deserved.
>>
>>81846909
>You're being willfully obtuse.

I could say the exact same thing about you.

The story would have been more justified without the revenge plot. I know this is based on a book, so that it's at fault here too. But this isn't the best way to talk about suicide, suicide will never be the ultimate revenge, but the show sells it that way. It is abhorrent that the show implies that.
>>
>>81846846
>ur virgins
dude, watch out what you say. maybe im as retarded as hannah and slash open my wrists for it. (but not before bitching on a tape about how your comment made me feel, and how you all can never understand BECUS UR NOT A GIRL!!!)
>>
>>81846706
even so theres no evidence that he is schizophrenic
>>
>>81846983
>I could say the exact same thing about you.
But you would be lying.
>The story would have been more justified without the revenge plot
You're still being willfully obtuse. It wasn't revenge. Hannah felt like no one heard her in life because she had no voice. These tapes were the only way she could tell her story. She blamed herself multiple times for things going wrong for her. If it was all a craven, posthumous revenge plot she wouldn't believe for a second that she did anything wrong.
>>81847021
Everyone in these threads who say shit like the rapist did nothing wrong, Hannah was just a whiny bitch who deserved it, etc are just virgins who have become resentful of women.
>>
>>81847046
Sure, if you ignore all of the evidence, retard.
>antipsychotic medication
>needs to see a psychiatrist
>visual and auditory hallucinations
>>
>Make your schizophrenic friend who has loved you forever go crazy with guilt thinking he's responsible for your death for 10 episodes
>When it gets to his tape say 'Your name doesn't belong on here'
>He still thinks he's responsible

Stupid bitch is a typical attention whore even from beyond the grave. I'm glad she killed herself, the only person responsible is her.

0/10 show can't believe I watched it all, there isn't even a single good waifu
>>
>>81847171
>Everyone in these threads who say shit like the rapist did nothing wrong
i never said that, you retarded faggot. maybe you need to get your eyes checked.

i said hannah is a stupid fucking bitch for killing herself for it. theres people getting RAPED everyday, and dont off themselfes, and im not talking
>stick my dick into your pussy in a whirlpool without bashing you your fucking teeth out and muching your face into the asphalt afterwards - rape
either. killing yourself because of that shit is retarded, and thinking so doesnt reverse my sexual experiences either.
>>
>>81847171
>It wasn't revenge. Hannah felt like no one heard her in life because she had no voice. These tapes were the only way she could tell her story

You do hear yourself right? This is exactly what a teenager with suicidal thoughts shouldn't not hear. This only tells them that the solution is suicide, this is the problem. She will won't see the repercussion of the suicide, but we the audience do see it. And what we see is a plot revolving around a girl that committed suicide, enacting payback against bullies. This is extremely harmful, in fact. if you go read online right now you'll see that suicide call centers got flooded with calls after the show released. It is grossly irresponsible that this is being sold a entertainment and and the same time selling suicide as revenge really well.
>>
>>81847324
>suicide call centers got flooded with calls after the show released

Isn't it a good thing that possibly suicidal people are reaching out?
>>
>>81846239

Low test
>>
>>81847265
>i never said that, you retarded faggot. maybe you need to get your eyes checked
I never said you said that, retard. But it says a lot about you that you think you are everyone.
>i said hannah is a stupid fucking bitch for killing herself for it. theres people getting RAPED everyday, and dont off themselfes
Well, we can only hope that you get raped some day.
>>81847324
>This is exactly what a teenager with suicidal thoughts shouldn't not hear.
So they should hear it?
>This only tells them that the solution is suicide, this is the problem.
No it doesn't. The show explicitly says the solution is NOT to commit suicide. Her suicide is presented as being worse than another student's death in a car crash. Her suicide is presented as being worse than anything else.
>She will won't see the repercussion of the suicide, but we the audience do see it.
Yes, we the audience see that. Your entire argument is fucking retarded because you think young viewers aren't seeing what everyone else is seeing. Everyone who watches does so from a viewer's perspective. Young people don't magically enter the mind of Hannah and not see all of the things that she didn't see.
>And what we see is a plot revolving around a girl that committed suicide, enacting payback against bullies.
But that's wrong, retard. I already explained why that's wrong.
>This is extremely harmful, in fact. if you go read online right now you'll see that suicide call centers got flooded with calls after the show released.
You have to prove that, fucker. I'm not going to spend my time trying to prove your point for you.
>It is grossly irresponsible that this is being sold a entertainment and and the same time selling suicide as revenge really well.
Being on TV doesn't mean we're supposed to laugh and smile at it, you disgusting tumblrina.
>>81847485
This. That would be a positive outcome unless the argument is that this show is somehow magically making people suicidal when they were mentally healthy.
>>
File: dedd.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
dedd.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>
>>81847584
>Well, we can only hope that you get raped some day.

i know one thing, if i get raped by a chad in a whirlpool, i will not kill myself like the little pathetic bitch in the show. Did your mom get raped and offed herself after giving birth to you or why are you so fucking big on the
>OH GOD RAPE IS WORSE THAN MURDER AND IF YOU DONT GET IT I HOPE YOU GET RAPED!!!111!!!1
part?
>>
>>81847624

F
>>
>>81847638
I can't tell if you're projecting or if you're just retarded.
>>81847624
Great actors. Even the pre-suicide scenes with them were devastating because they were so believable and you knew what was coming.
>>
>>81847562
F A T

A

T
>>
>>81847736
V I R G I N
I
R
G
I
N
>>
>>81847783
N I G R I V

I

G

R

I

V
>>
>>81847676
>I can't tell if you're projecting or if you're just retarded.
try answering my question instead of shitposting. why are you so fucking dumb? why do you think its justified to kill yourself after a rape like that? why does this make you think im a virgin?

come on, im trying to help you. talk to me.
>>
>>81847485

No, it's not. Because it's not that people decided to stop killing themselves after the show, it's that people considered after they saw the show.

>>81847584
I don't know why you keep calling me tumblrina simply because you disagree with me. I think life is precious and it's not a fucking tool to be used to get some revenge. It's fucking retarded that you can't see how the show harmful.
>>
>>81847850
So you're retarded. Good to know.
>>
>>81847851
>No, it's not. Because it's not that people decided to stop killing themselves after the show, it's that people considered after they saw the show.
That's straight up autistic. You need to know that. Your brain doesn't work right.
>I don't know why you keep calling me tumblrina simply because you disagree with me.
You're a tumblrina because you're behaving exactly like a tumblrina. Facts and logic don't matter to you, just emotion.
>I think life is precious and it's not a fucking tool to be used to get some revenge.
But it's already been why that's a stupid argument.
>It's fucking retarded that you can't see how the show harmful.
Just saying something is harmful doesn't make it so. And you still haven't provided a single link showing a correlation between this show and increased suicides.
>>
>>81847936
and you dont know how to defend your "own" opinion lol
>>
>>81848149
Why did you put own in quotation marks? Are you actually mentally retarded?
>>
>>81829019
>THIS POSTER
DUDE WHY WOULD SHE LIE?? LMAO

MORAL OF THE STORY:

GIRLS NEVER LIE ABOUT RAPE
BELIEVE ALL RAPE ACCUSATIONS
RAPE CULTURE IS REAL, YOU NETFLIX WATCHING FELLOW KIDS :^)
>>
>>81845533
Sounds like a joke, like a backhanded nickname. Honestly I have no doubt it was both. Chads probably bullied the shit out of Erik and Dylan, and they passed it on to the Eugenes.
>>
>>81848194
because its not your own opinion, otherwise you would be able to defend it. but you dont. you just go on with your
>okay your retarded then lol
>guess ur a virgin haha
>>
>>81848266
>because its not your own opinion
Full retard.
>>81848236
Sweet shitposting, bro. It's not like the rapist on the show confessed or anything. Oh wait...
>>
>>81848390
because its not your own opinion, otherwise you would be able to defend it. but you dont. you just go on with your
>okay your retarded then lol
>guess ur a virgin haha
>Full retard.
>>
>>81848017
I guess we're not getting anywhere with this, I still think she uses her death as a revenge. You can believe whatever you want to, that's fine I guess. Like I said, they could have talked about depression and suicide so much better if it weren't for the tapes.

Here's some articles talking about it.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a826199/13-reasons-why-sparks-huge-rise-mental-health-helpline-calls/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/13-reasons-why-fuels-increase-calls-suicide-helplines-australia-995391
>>
>>81848443
Give me links showing an increase in SUICIDES, fucker. You said
>it's not that people decided to stop killing themselves after the show, it's that people considered after they saw the show
You have to prove that, otherwise you're just an overly emotional tumblrina whose opinion has no merit.
>>
>>81847171
>Everyone in these threads who say shit like the rapist did nothing wrong, Hannah was just a whiny bitch who deserved it,

Hannah was a whiny bitch and she brought that shit upon herself. Don't go to a rapist's house and even if you did you leave the fucking pool when everyone else gets out and don't give the rapist a chance to be alone with you the best butt in school and certified whore. Don't spaz out when a jerkass gay fuck puts your poem anonymously in his trash tmz magazine. Take best butt as a compliment. Don't spaz out on the two guys who tried to be your friend (Zach and Clay). There I fixed all the problems she could have avoided. Also close your fucking blinds you whore.
>>
File: mfw visibly confused.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
mfw visibly confused.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>81848406
>hurr hannah was a dum bitch and nothing bad happend to her prove me wrong faget durr
>>
>>81848535
apart from the points you named: you know, would be a good idea to NOT straight up kill yourself if you get raped.
>>
Why are shills shilling this show? It's awful.
>>
>>81848390
>LETS USE A FICTIONAL CHARACTER TO HAMMER SYMPATHY AND GET EVERYONE TO BELIEVE ANY AND ALL RAPE ACCUSATIONS IRL OR ELSE SHE'S GONNA KILL HERSELF, YOU DONT WANT THAT ON YOUR HANDS DO YOU? LISTEN AND BELIEVE :^)
t. FEMINIST AGENDA
>>
>>81848535
>she shouldnt have been dressed like that
How insightful.
>>
>>81848559
>obviously missing my point.
If you get raped and kill yourself because of it, youre a dumb bitch. learn to read, dude. i never said nothing bad happened to her.
>>
>>81848593
>rape doesn't exist because sometimes women make it up
t. TURBOVIRGIN LOSERS
>>
Can't we just talk about the actual show again? I mean I'm glad the thread is alive but now it's all meme posters arguing
>>
>>81848610
>If you get raped and kill yourself because of it, youre a dumb bitch
But you're the dumb bitch because you're intentionally ignoring everything else that happened to her, you dumb bitch. She was already thinking about suicide BEFORE she was raped.
>>
>>81848513
>You have to prove that, otherwise you're just an overly emotional tumblrina whose opinion has no merit.

ok, keep using those ad hominems.
>>
>>81848670
Until you provide some proof to back up your claims they're completely accurate descriptors of you.
>>
>>81848579
Or you avoid the rape situation as much as you can. This was 100% avoidable even after coming to the party. The only way this wouldn't look like Hannah was a stupid, dumb cunt would be if she left as soon as Zach and his whore got out and Bryce followed her out from his house and raped her in the bushes.

>>81848599
Where do I say that? If I get robbed walking in an area known for at least five robberies a night, you should tell me why the fuck were you walking through there.
>>
File: rapeoncampus-retracted.jpg (188KB, 1655x915px) Image search: [Google]
rapeoncampus-retracted.jpg
188KB, 1655x915px
>>81848627
>RAPE IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN MURDER AND MUST BE FEATURED PROMINENTLY IN ALL MEDIA SO WE CAN SMASH THAT PATRIARCHY ONCE AND FOR ALL, WE'LL EVEN FABRICATE JOURNALISTIC STORIES IN ADDITION TO CREATING FICTIONAL SYMPATHY PLAYS ON NEWMEDIA LIKE NETFLIX :^)
t. #IMWITHHER NUMALE KUCK
>>
>>81848733
>>>/pol/
You have to go back.
>>81848729
>rapists can't be blamed for rape if the women had it coming
>>
>>81848802
The victim is just as much to blame if not more in this situation. Hannah knew he was a rapist, Hannah watched him rape a girl, Hannah still goes to his house and doesn't do anything before he starts humping her to prevent this rape from happening.
>>
File: mfw come on now.png (155KB, 294x291px) Image search: [Google]
mfw come on now.png
155KB, 294x291px
>>81848882
>The victim is just as much to blame if not more in this situation.
>>
>>81848882
And then you'll turn around and say victim blaming is bullshit and doesn't happen and women only cry rape for attention or personal gain. This isn't really that morally grey in my eyes but of course you're entitled to your opinion.
>>
>>81846886
Noy as far as I know but I was trying to say that the ending segments seemed very much geared toward another season, lots of loose ends and cliffhangers.
>>
>>81848659
thats true

>>81848729
or you know, just both.
>>
>>81848953
So if you dance in the middle of a busy street and get hit, it isn't your fault? What if you get attacked by a shark in shark infested waters, all the shark's fault for you being stupid?
>>
>>81848882
She tried to leave thrice, once when he flirted and wasn't near her, another time when he grabbed her and throughout the entire beginning of the rape.

At this point she's an all but completely broken person, kinda fucked to say she's more responsible for being raped than her rapist in this or any context.
>>
>>81849800
Also people don't notice that she didn't even know it was Bryce's party or house before he hopped into the tub. Getting there was by chance.
>>
File: 1488620368854.jpg (19KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
1488620368854.jpg
19KB, 470x353px
I'm having so much trouble watching this shitty show and have no idea what people see in it.. I watch in segments of 10 minutes and have to pause because of the cringy writing. Am at ep 3 now after 5 hours. Help

I need 13 reasons why people watch this shit
>>
>>81850083
I hate every character in this show
>>
>>81850083
I hated it before I got some sleep and started to get past the first ep and saw the other characters. The mystery aspect got me hooked.

Ended up empathizing a lot with some of the characters.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.