[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Chronicles did poorly at the box office, grossing only $55

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: prime alexa.jpg (54KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
prime alexa.jpg
54KB, 852x480px
>Chronicles did poorly at the box office, grossing only $55 million of its rumored $150 mil budget. After the critical and financial failure, the studio wouldn't agree to a sequel. Diesel was dedicated to making one happen. He did everything from agreeing to make a cameo in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift in exchange for the rights to Riddick, all the way to mortgaging his own house. Yet even all that wasn't enough to let them create another sprawling epic like their imagined Necroverse movie. As a way of trying to breathe life into the franchise, they created a scaled-down, cheaper movie with elements closer to the first movie.
Alexa Davalos was perfect in this movie, in Man in the High Castle she has a haggard and wrinkly face. Why weren't there more movies of her in her prime? Gives me another reason to watch Angel

Also expectations for Furia?
>>
>>81810027
Only WHEN
>>
>>81810027
Great film series. Pitch Black is absolute my favorite movie. I've seen it like 30 times. No other film comes even close. Maybe 8 times for T2.
>>
and Riddick made almost as much money as chronicles while costing a third.
>>
>>81810027
Women should really stop partying when they graduate from college.
>>
At least Escape From Butcher's Bay was vidyakino
>>
havent seen the riddick movies in years but its definitely Bin Diesel's best big dumb guy action role iirc
>>
>>81810027
Chronicles a best
>>
Are they still making that MMO about bounty hunters?
>>
Pitch Black > Chronicles > Riddick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGOvH1T-dsA
>>
Vin reminds me of this guy at the gym that's always trying to fuck the new dyels
>>
I wish Vin Diesel would do more movies.

I also wish he got to do his "Hannibal the Conqueror" film.
>>
>>81810027
>Yet even all that wasn't enough to let them create another sprawling epic like their imagined Necroverse movie. As a way of trying to breathe life into the franchise, they created a scaled-down, cheaper movie with elements closer to the first movie
it's a shame, Space Conan was top mankino
>>
>>81810027
I love Chronicles, it was a stupid, overblown space opera with great production values. Sometimes that's exactly what I need to watch and to be honest I'd have preferred that this franchise continued rather than F&F.
>>
>/tv/ likes Chronicles of Riddick
Good lads
>>
File: rosamud.jpg (764KB, 968x1181px) Image search: [Google]
rosamud.jpg
764KB, 968x1181px
>>81810027
>yfw they also replaced Alexa Davalos in Wrath of the Titans
bitch can't catch a break
>>
>>81811237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTRUFIa6R0A
>>
Riddick is so dope

https://youtu.be/71UpLRsQDsc
>>
Chronicles, while not a bad movie by itself, ruined the franchise by introducing unnecessary space fantasy mythology and making Riddick some kind of chosen one. Less is more, just make another movie in the same vein as Alien, but slightly ligher. The latest Riddick movie was just a bland remake of Pitch Black, but with silly fight scenes

At least we got some vidyakino of this franchise like this >>81810946 guy said
>>
File: vin-diesel.jpg (42KB, 970x645px) Image search: [Google]
vin-diesel.jpg
42KB, 970x645px
>>81811472
>>
tell me this ending isnt kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1CHsbeOlJA
>>
>>81810027
>all the way to mortgaging his own house
This guy must have autism.
>>
>>81810027
Riddick could have been a fuck-all great new epic action franchise but they had to fuck it up with space-magic and wizards in the chronicles.

If they go away from that, Riddick4 will be great, hell even the games were goat.
>>
Glad to see them keeping this alive the universe has potential.
>>
>>81811861
Who cares as long as we get more Riddick, he's willing to put his money where his mouth is and that's great. If only some other franchise actors were that passionate.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.