[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wiseau, confused about the differences between 35 mm film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 24

File: TheRoomMovie.jpg (34KB, 325x421px) Image search: [Google]
TheRoomMovie.jpg
34KB, 325x421px
>Wiseau, confused about the differences between 35 mm film and high-definition video, decided to shoot the entire film in both formats simultaneously, using a custom-built apparatus that housed both cameras side-by-side and required two crews to operate. Explaining his decision to shoot the film in this way, Wiseau said that he wanted to be able to say that he was the first director to film an entire movie simultaneously in two formats
>>
>>81809852
Anyway, how's your sex life OP?
>>
>>81809852
absolute madman
>>
>>81809852
Honestly, that footage could be really useful for people who want to recreate the film look with digital effects.
>>
What a story!
>>
>>81810023
you can say that again
>>
>>81809852
He's an unawakened mastermind, you should know this
>>
>>81809852
Lol
>>
>Tommy seems to have a rather warped view about how to make a movie. When asked why he was green-screening the San Francisco skyline while being able to film on an actual rooftop IN San Francisco, he replied "This no Mickey Mouse production. I want to be professional."
>>
>instead of renting all the equipment needed for the film, Wiseau purchased it all
>bank teller says his account is a "bottemless pit"
How fucking rich is he?
>>
>>81810165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec
Sestero all but says he had some sort of connection to organized crime
>>
File: Bogdanoff.jpg (49KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
Bogdanoff.jpg
49KB, 500x387px
>>81810165
>>
>>81810232
I also remember reading that Greg suspected him of that but at the same time thinks he would be incapable of keeping something like that secret.
I kind of agree with that
>>
>>81810152
He was only following George Lucas use of CGI in the prequels.

Or maybe it was the other way around?
>>
>>81810165
>Greg Sestero had to go to another city to do something.
>Got a call from Wiseau.
>He never told Wiseau in which hotel he was staying in.
>>
>>81810392
tommy is quite the autist so i can imagine him calling every hotel in the area until he found greg
>>
>>81810427
He's such a genius he probably found it on his very first try
>>
File: Wiseau.png (17KB, 1562x189px) Image search: [Google]
Wiseau.png
17KB, 1562x189px
>I am America.

What did he meant by this?
>>
>>81810152
Alright guys he's fucking nuts
>>
>>81810165
Seriously, where the hell does he get his money from?
>>
File: the disaster artist excerpt.png (487KB, 1141x654px) Image search: [Google]
the disaster artist excerpt.png
487KB, 1141x654px
>>
>>81810650
Isn't he real estate mogul or something. IIRC he acquired legit financing for the movie but how he convinced investors is beyond me
>>
>Eraserhead Budget: 10 grand (300,000 adjusted for inflation)
>The Room Budget: 6 million

FUCKING HOW
>>
>>81810837
Because its kino.
>>
>>81810837
How got into a t-shirt scheme with Koreans.

That's part of the reason.
>>
>>81809852
Is The Room Tommy Wiseau's Inland Empire?
>>
>>81809852
So which did he use? And what happened to the other footage?
>>
>>81810369
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>81811117
I doubt even Tommy knows these things.
>>
>>81811117
He went with film, we've never seen the digital footage
>>
>>81810650
Tommy Wiseau claims to have financed the film by importing and selling leather jackets from Korea. He refuses to further elaborate on this. But according to Greg Sestero's book "The Disaster Artist", he said Tommy financed the film from working in real estate and entrepreneurship.
>>
>after meeting wiseau, greg's mother literally felt the need to warn tommy not to fuck her son
>>
>>81811385
So if all of this is true, he invested 6 million of his own money into making the film? Holy shit
>>
>>81810739
Truly litkino.
>>
>When Tommy Wiseau auditioned for the role as Johnny he only had $11. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing he bought was a hot dinner.
>>
>>81811587
god fucking damn /tv/
>>
File: 1367902402667.jpg (83KB, 580x352px) Image search: [Google]
1367902402667.jpg
83KB, 580x352px
>>81810232
...did this air on TV? Like this?
>>
>>81811444
we all do
>>
>>81811587
>When Tommy Wiseau auditioned for the role as Johnny he only had $6,000,000. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing he bought was a hot glass of water.
>>
What happens when you overlay an image from digital on an image from print?
>>
>I heard a story that even though wiseau was loaded, he always bought the cheapest food and stayed in a super small appartment.

Once, a bunch of sluts recognized him somewhere and tried to """seduce""" him, and he told them that if he wanted to fuck whores he'd just go to whore street.
>>
>Greg Sestero stated in his book The Disaster Artist that Tommy Wiseau took 32 takes to say the lines "It's not true! I did not hit her! It's bullshit! I did not. Oh, hi, Mark!" Wiseau sometimes needed cue cards to help him with his lines.

>According to Juliette Danielle, when Tommy Wiseau said the line "In a few minutes, bitch," everyone on the set began laughing at him. Wiseau came out of the bathroom and demanded to know what was so funny.

>The phrase "Oh, hi" is spoken nine times, and "Oh, hey" seven times.

>Mark (Greg Sestero) is named after Matt Damon. According to Sestero, Tommy Wiseau misheard the actor's name despite his obsession with the actor.
>>
>>81811977

>According to Greg Sestero's book, Tommy Wiseau insisted on having his bare bottom filmed. "I have to show my ass or this movie won't sell" was Wiseau's reasoning.

>The reason why Peter was acting kinda dazed and touching things a lot in one scene was because his actor had suffered a concussion and Tommy Wiseau wouldn't let him leave for treatment of it.

>The phrases "future wife" and "future husband" are spoken three times and once, respectively, but neither "fiancée" nor "fiancé" are said.

>Tommy Wiseau esoterically addressed several fan questions in a special Q&A feature filmed for the DVD release. Among these are "Why is it called 'The Room'?" (to which Wiseau replies that the title is meant to evoke a safe place for viewers) and "Why is everyone playing football in tuxedos and standing only three feet apart?" (which Wiseau doesn't answer except to say that football is fun and that playing it without protective gear is a challenge)

>Much of the furniture and decor for the living room set was a complete display room taken from the window of a thrift shop. The glass-top television table supported by white pillars belonged to Tommy Wiseau. When the cinematographer complained that the set was too sparsely furnished, Wiseau sent the art department out to buy new items. They returned with framed pictures of plastic spoons, which Wiseau, impatient to continue filming, ordered hung up. Plastic spoons have become a staple of midnight screenings of the film, often being thrown at the screen upon the occurrence of a spoon shot. There are thirty-four spoon shots.

>According to Tommy Wiseau, Denny has some sort of mental disorder, which explains his behaviour in the film. Philip Haldiman was not told about this.
>>
>>81812016
i read the book, it was awesome, and the movie sounds like it will truly be amazing.

WHERES THE FUCKING TRAILER
>>
>according to..
so at least 70% of that stuff is bs
>>
>>81811837
alpha as fuck
>>
Tommy Wiseau is BD Cooper. Its the only explanation. Nobody is sure of his age or where he's from, or why he has the money that he does.
>>
>>81812214
It's rather obvious Wiseau was just born rich, he shows all the symptoms:

>has unexplained endless money
>weirdo who can't relate to humans
>"ambition" aka thinks he can do anything even though he has no skills

100% trust fund babby in his 50s, never grew up, just kept living off parents' money. Other explanations are bullshit. There's no way a guy as deranged as him could MAKE money doing anything, least of all real estate where people have to take you seriously and trust what you're saying about the expensive things you're selling.
>>
>>81813278
>insert Trump reference here
>>
>>81811740
Dunno. It was a (succesful) plot to get into the actors' union.
>>
>>81813278
All geniuses are weird
>>
>>81813278
Why can't he be involved with moving drugs? He doesn't have to be doing anything intelligent regarding that - they could simply go, "hey, you're really good at keeping a low profile, wanna help us move some money/stuff around? You'll get $X out of it". It could even be something as passive as his letting drug-pushers use his house to store stuff.
>>
>>81813278
>>81813548
Pretty sure he said (or maybe in the book) that he worked in some kitchens in Europe somewhere.

I think France. Apparently had humble beginnings, but he might have just lied to Greg about it. His accent is weird as fuck though.

Sounds like retard/french-canadian to me but idk.
>>
>>81812075
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>81810232
After reading the disaster artist, I am pretty sure he actually got his fortune without having connections to organized crime. Remember how Greg writes about Tommy phoning an older lady regularly? I think when he came to America some old woman fell in love with him.
He never had anybody truely supporting him but her, so he gave himself up for her. She probably left all her money to him when she died. She is even credited as one of the executive producers. Her name is Chloe Lietzke and she was in a wheel chair, when the Room was filmed.
>>
>>81813918
That theory is disturbing, depressing, or heartbreaking. I'm not sure which.
>>
>>81813278
except that in the disaster artist you hear about Tommy being a dish washer in his adoloscence. Sleeping with 4 people in the same bed during his childhood. He clearly wasn't rich.
>>
>>81814207
or he made that shit up because he's legitimately insane
>>
>>81814242
I don't think so. Why would he lie about something like that? What would he gain?
>>
>>81814294
Lower profile. Less suspect.
>>
>>81810392
No, Greg had to go to a different *country*. He went to Romania or some other combloc hellhole and Tommy sent a kid with a telegram to his specific hotel room. Tommy had no idea which hotel Greg was in. Tommy had no idea which country Greg was in. Tommy had no idea Greg had even left the US. And he still, somehow, managed to get that telegram sent to exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

Tommy is some kind of special.
>>
>>81814412
well self funding a movie and hoping for it to become the next citizen kane isn't real low profile
>>
>>81809852
The Room 3D when?
>>
>>81810650
Tommy isn't dumb. He locked down a whole shit ton of California real estate. He literally owned an entire retail outlet, hundreds of stores paying him monthly rent.
>>
>>81811740
Yeah, it aired. But not in that form. The actual commercial snippets are parts of a greater whole; he wrote, directed, and acted in a commercial for his own brand to get his SAG card.
>>
>>81814609
>He locked down a whole shit ton of California real estate
You don't need smarts to do that, you need money. So where did he get the money to acquire an entire retail outlet
>>
>>81812016
>there are thirty four spoon shots

To anyone that hasn't gone to a midnight show, I thoroughly recommend it. Shit's lit. I saw it at The Regent in LA a year or so ago and I swear i've never laughed so hard in my entire life.

Tommy legitimately made the funniest film of all time.
>>
>>81814672
He sold toys to tourists for years and was apparently incredibly successful. More than enough saved to buy a retail unit, which became two retail units, which became four, and so on until he owned the entire building.
>>
>>81814843
So he is a retard with luck?
>>
Tommy inspires me. It shows literally anyone become rich or make a movie.
>>
>>81810058
What a story!
>>
>>81814894
Yeah, luck and a dream. There's no reason to doubt his origin story. Just a dirt poor Eastern European with a fairly traumatic childhood that wanted to be successful and was willing to work hard as fuck to get there.
>>
>>81814713
>tfw I used to have video of my friend making snow angels in the spoons after a showing where I now work.
>>
>>81810543

That boy ain't right.
>>
>>81814981
kek, that would be great if you still had it
>>
>>81810543
He literally embodies the American Dream
>>
>>81814843
While theoretically that could work, I find it hard to believe.. So if you suppose he saved up to buy and rent out a retail unit it would probably take tens of years to buy a new one on the rental income..
>>
>>81812075

literally on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocUI08Xe9RQ

watch it!
>>
>>81813755
>>81815220
I mean the disaster artist movie with james franco
>>
>>81814912
Tell me about it.
>>
>>81811825
if you do it right you get the star wars despecialized editions
>>
I don'tget it, if he was confused, why did he decide to film in both?
>>
>>81815525
To see what the difference between the two was
>>
>>81810543
>Thank you for asking that.
>>
File: 18234759h2fRX5LY.jpg (84KB, 1277x719px) Image search: [Google]
18234759h2fRX5LY.jpg
84KB, 1277x719px
Meme aside, how is your sex life?
>>
>>81810272
Who is this? Can I get an explanation?
>>
File: 1492510965421.png (86KB, 268x309px) Image search: [Google]
1492510965421.png
86KB, 268x309px
The absolute mad lad https://youtu.be/yJDWqA32Z88
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DISASTER ARTIST TRAILER FRANCO YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
>>81811769
kek
>>
>>81814894
He was probably less retarded before his car accident, but even so probably still as hard working. He just grinded for years
>>
File: IMG_7334.jpg (98KB, 750x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7334.jpg
98KB, 750x802px
>>81815023
He plans on doing it again this year, some time in the summer.
>>
>>81811444
Relaaaaaax my god ahaha!
>>
>>81813672
Wroclaw in Poland, his accent is a bastardation of Polish, French and American english
>>
>>81815079
Which is where the mob connections come in. We'll never know the truth because only one man knows and it's in his best interest to keep it secret.
>>
>>81813665
Would you trust a retard with your illegal merchandise? Specially if it's worth millions?
>>
Wiseau himself said he made his money from fashion and jacket franchising

Knowing the fashion industry it's probably the one place where a guy that eccentric fits in
>>
I love this guy. He's unreal.
>>
>>81810739
i need to read that book asap
>>
>>81815256
Yeah, I want to see this, too.
>>
>>81814501

It was Romania, that's where they filmed Retro Puppetmaster.
>>
>>81816596
Wiseau's not retarded but how hard can it be to keep your mouth shut and follow instructions
>>
The movie better fucking live up to the book, because the book is a work of art.
>>
>>81816759

Get the audiobook, if only because Greg Sestero reads it.
>>
File: zizek no sex.jpg (48KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
zizek no sex.jpg
48KB, 600x300px
>>81815627
>>
>>81810739
>and you can live in my planet, if you decide

this is like fucking evangelion or something
>>
I actually did go to Street Fashions USA once before the movie, and for those who are wondering it's mostly "irregular" jeans and other clothes. And by irregular I mean that somewhere in produciton, the logo or something was damaged so Levi's or Lee's or whatever couldn't sell it in that state so apparently Tommy must've purchased them in bulk and sold them as discount.
>>
Coward!You're just a chicken,
CHIPCHIPCHIPCHIPCHIPCHIPCHIPCHIPCHIPCHIP
>>
Greg Sestero is actually intelligent.
And he's a pretty good writer.
>>
>>81810837

Eraserhead also took 5 years to film because they kept running out of money, and is very clearly an arthouse film. The reason The Room cost so much is because Tommy doesn't understand how to properly budget a movie.
>>
>>81811444
In fairness, why would a man who claims he's 28 but looks more like 40 be so interested in a 20 year old kid?
>>
>>81809852
>35 mm film and high-definition video

What is the difference
>>
>>81817064
Did they have proper street retail shops or did it just operate out of warehouses?
>>
>>81817166
We don't know because Tommy won't release the digital cut.

But he also took the digital camera home with him every day after shooting, alleging it could be stolen.
>>
>>81817022
Well not on that couch you're not
>>
>>81811977
>Greg Sestero stated in his book The Disaster Artist that Tommy Wiseau took 32 takes to say the lines "It's not true! I did not hit her! It's bullshit! I did not. Oh, hi, Mark!" Wiseau sometimes needed cue cards to help him with his lines.
Not just 32 takes, 3 hours of filming.

16 words, only a few seconds of the movie.
>>
>>81817022
>characters that are literally you
>>
>>81814044
It's probably true. Also Drew Caffrey probably gave him a shitload of money too.
>>
>>81816759
The audiobook is great, because it's narrated by the author, the one person on earth that actually kind of knows Tommy.
>>
>>81812016
>The phrases "future wife" and "future husband" are spoken three times and once, respectively, but neither "fiancée" nor "fiancé" are said.
Because Tommy doesn't like the french language due to bad memories of his time in France. In fact that's why when the two are playing football in the park in the movie, Greg (who speaks French fluently like Tommy) said "catch" in French, and Tommy tackles him saying "no french damnit!"
>>
File: Zizek-Freud-e1425929503301.jpg (125KB, 700x643px) Image search: [Google]
Zizek-Freud-e1425929503301.jpg
125KB, 700x643px
>>81817241
What about this one?
>>
>>81813278
This is how I know you don't have money. Tommy shows all the signs of somebody who WASN'T born into money.
>>
>>81812016

Philip Haldiman was also older than Greg at the time.
>>
I have no proof for any of this, but here goes.

Wiseau does have family in Louisiana. They are not his aunt and uncle, they're his mother's aunt (who is only five years her senior) and uncle. His mother was born in Poland in 1941, but moved to France in 1956. In France she married a man who had fought in the Foreign Legion in North Africa - he was a Belgian. Tommy was born in 1962, shortly after his parents married. The family moved to Strasbourg by 1965 and his father found work in a British import/export company, his mother worked at a school teaching English.

His father did very well for himself and became a big name in the antiques trade, particularly in Colonial French items. Due to his own connections across the French speaking world, and his wife's family in Louisiana and Quebec, he was able to tap into the market very easily and captailised on the large demand for French goods in the USA in the mid/late 20th century. He was a trusted hand in Strasbourg and Paris, eventually coming to own a number of restaurants across both cities and a large hotel in Pau. Tommy went back to Starsbourg after finishing school and fell in with the Polish ex-pat community there, where he worked in a restaurant owned by his father.

Eventually he moved to the USA and used his father's import/export contacts to sell French goods; mainly kitchen utensils and foodstuffs. I don't know where he got the Korean clothing story from. He's a lot more level headed than he lets on and holidays once a year in Pau, which is where I met him for the first time.
>>
>>81817367
Watch A Room Full of Spoons when it comes out. It debunks all of that.
>>
>>81813278

No, he wasn't born with it. The way he acts is like the definition of nouveau riche
>>
>>81817335
DELETE ZHISH MY GOTT!
>>
>>81817204

It's kinda like a Costco
>>
>>81815079
As someone else said, he probably had a sugar momma help him out early on. The events Greg describes are actually pretty believable. He started out selling toys and was very successful at it, so he started branching out and selling counterfeit/irregular clothes. Those are things you can sell for huge profits, so he was making bank. At some point, he started buying real estate, and it's heavily implied that his filth rich older ladyfriend had something to do with it. So he ended up with a profitable retail business, and with a number of valuable properties. The combination of those made him loaded.

If you don't think that's believable, it's essentially Arnold Schwarzenegger's story, too. He came to the US with a job managing a gym, but soon started construction and weight-lifting accessory businesses. He combined the profits from those with backing from benefactors and got into real estate. Before he was 30 he was a millionaire, which was before his movie career even started.

>>81816710
IMO, his brain damage probably makes him a pretty good salesman. When you read the book, you get a sense that he has a poor understanding of social boundaries and is easily able to pressure people without guilt. Someone like that would be really good at high-pressure sales and negotiating because he doesn't feel shame or guilt. It also probably contributed to his tenacity in sources irregular clothes to sell.
>>
>>81817335
I think a prostitute would agree to fuck mr. Zizek in that thing
>>
>>81817107
In fairness Tom Bissell helped him write it.
>>
>>81817107
He didn't write the book. He told Tom the stories, and Tom turned it into a narrative.
>>
>>81817367
Where are you getting this? Because it contradicts pretty much everything anyone has been able to dig up in his life so far, including newspaper articles about him selling toy birds and leather jackets.
>>
>>81817519
I'm sorry, but this is his current wife.
>>
I gotta say, Greg has aged really well over the past 14 years.
>>
>>81814501
He knew the name of the movie that was being filmed. He went from there...
>>
>>81814207
>you hear about

The Disaster Artist is a book. You don't hear about it, you read about it.
>>
>>81817624
I was at the French Army parachute school at Pau about 15 years ago. I'm not French, so as a visitor I had a free weekend. There was a car show on in the town so I went for a look about.

After a while, I went to find a bar and he was there. I had no idea who he was, but we got talking and he told me he made films for a living in the USA. He wasn't drinking, but I didn't mind the company and it later transpired that he owned the bar. After he left the manager explained to me that he'd sometimes latch on to people who spoke English and tried to persuade them to see his films. He told me the bit about his father owning property, including the hotel down the street.

Many years later I saw him again at Cannes (way in advance of the film festival) and he recognised me. I don't know how, but he did. I asked him how the films were going and he filled me in on the life story.
>>
Sandy Schklair is a fucking hero, because I don't know how he put up with Tommy.
>>
>>81817817
He didn't in the end because he left. Not that I blame him, you'd have to be insane to turn down the principal DP of Schindler's List.
>>
>>81809852
Do we still have both versions? Are there any noticeable differences between the two in terms of angles or shit?
>>
>>81817626
That thing looked like it's Zizek's personal opium den, I doubt his wife even knows it exists
>>
>>81817809
Can confirm, my dad works at Street Fashion USA.
>>
Anyone have a mega for the audiobook of The Disaster Artist?
>>
File: mfw im not a blackstar.png (346KB, 816x785px) Image search: [Google]
mfw im not a blackstar.png
346KB, 816x785px
>>81815698
>he brought a fucking football to the podcast.
>>
>>81817809
Ah, to meet the great Tommy Wiseau
>>
>>81817809
Interesting story, but I still don't quite believe it. Assuming that actually was Tommy and that's what he told you, Tommy is notorious for lying about his past. Even Greg says that his narrative had to be pieced together from a bunch of different, conflicting stories Tommy's told him over the years. And far, the "established" story seems to be backed up pretty well by other evidence. I also find it hard to believe that Tommy would have been born and raised in France when he sounds Polish and has a rabid hatred of everything French.
>>
>>81818173
would also like this
>>
>>81817798
man why do I want to stab you?
>>
>>81817798
not with that based audiobook
>>
>>81818173
https://pastebin.com/L4HwaB1D
>>
>That time I met Wiseau at a screening of the room and he told me and my friends to perform a blood trust ritual so we wouldn't mess up the band concert I told him we were getting ready for
Fucking intense.
>>
>>81817129
You could literally film The Room with 0 budget though
>>
>>81819171
No, you couldn't. Films are pretty complicated, even ones as shitty as The Room. Even if you cut out all of the unnecessary parts you'd still have to scout locations, hire a studio space, pay wages, spend months editing the final cut. Shit's hardcore at the best of times.
>>
>>81817248
Honestly that doesn't really stand out as unusual if you've ever been on a film set
>>
>>81818056
lel
>>
Why did she lie about Tommy hitting her?
>>
>>81819520
She was a roastie
>>
>>81819520
Because Tommy understands that all women are cunts.
>>
>>81819520
Because she doesn't understand life.
>>
>>81812016
>According to Greg Sestero's book, Tommy Wiseau insisted on having his bare bottom filmed. "I have to show my ass or this movie won't sell" was Wiseau's reasoning.

Tommy Wiseau was inspired by Brad Pitt's ass in Legends of the Fall.
>>
>>81811364
>tfw no criterion version of The Room with the digital version and behind the scenes footage
>>
>>81819687
>not getting the laserdisc
>>
>>81814843
That would take decades. Tommy's entire story is bullshit. He never had any investors so why would he be telling the truth about this other shit?
>>
>>81809852
the room is more future-proofed than the star wars prequels
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 841x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 841x640px
>>81812214
>tfw realizing The Room is just a dramatic retelling of his life before he hijacked and robbed that airline
>tfw the suicide at the end (GAAWD FOWGEEV MEEE) symbolizes the death of his former self and the resurrection towards his new alias
>>
>>81818647
Thanks
>>
Reminder George Lucas filmed the prequels in eye-popping 1080p
>>
>>81820158
Read the rest of the the thread, this has all been talked about. He did have investors (sort of - at least two rich old people who gave him money for things), and there's plenty of proof for the other stuff.
>>
Is there any videos of James Franco doing Tommy's voice for The Masterpiece?

He has to nail that voice to make that movie even watchable.
>>
>>81811755
Underrated
>>
>>81820268
What, he couldn't foresee 4K video becoming popular?
>>
>>81820268
The only way to make the CGI look acceptable is to watch it in 360p on a 6" phone
>>
>>81820309
>What is 35mm film
>>
>>81810650
As the psychic gestalt of Turkroach shamans he simply wills it into being.
>>
>>81820473
Something George thinks he's too good for?
>>
>>81817248
What's the most amazing is that he couldn't remember his lines.
The guy fucking wrote the script.
>>
>>81820532
Well he does literally have a brain injury
>>
File: image.png (335KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
335KB, 720x404px
I like to think Tommy was as batshit as Chris R and would threaten to kill people who didn't financially back his endeavors.
>>
>>81820268
>There was an IMAX version of Attack of the Clones
>It was upscaled

Digital GrainKino
>>
>>81820560
This. To me the funniest story is him consistently ruining takes of the "You're tearing me apart" scene by saying "You're TAKING me apart."

It's an homage to one of his favorite movies, and the most famous quote from his idol, and he kept fucking it up. And not only did he get the reference wrong, he apparently thought it was something that doesn't even make sense in English.
>>
>>81811837
I'd not believe it if it wasn't for the fact that "go to whore street" is a very, very Wiseau thing to say.
>>
File: tommy.gif (2MB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
tommy.gif
2MB, 400x255px
>>81814501
>>81810165
>>81810392
>>81817686
It was a Christmas card too basically saying he believes in Greg (who had been going through a period of low self confidence).

>that feel when you will never have a friend like Tommy
>>
>>81820709
Ok that changed the whole story from really sinister to incredibly sweet
>>
>>81819280

Like Greg said, most high school plays require greater memorization.
>>
>>81820922
That's the weird thing about their friendship, as Greg describes it. Tommy can be incredibly narcissistic, manipulative, and shitty, but he also has the capacity to be an amazingly supportive person. I saw an interview with Greg a while ago and he was asked why he's still friends with Tommy after all the bad things described in the book; Greg said that Tommy was still the person who got him to follow his dreams and that's been there for him more than anyone else.
>>
>>81821063
It's like Herzog and Kinski
>>
File: IMG_0512.jpg (102KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0512.jpg
102KB, 660x660px
>>
>>81821063
>>81821111

I think the worst part about Tommy as the book describes him, is that if he feels you're getting far enough in your dreams that he's being left behind, his dark side comes out fast and hard.
>>
>>81821063
Tommy is both extremes at the same time. He's fascinating. Both the best and worst person.
>>
>>81809922
First post best post.
>>
>>81821409

I'm not gonna lie, I actually got a little scared when I got to the part with that car ride. I mean I know logically Greg survived because the movie was made later, but it genuinely felt like Tommy was going to murder someone.
>>
>>81810739
Literally had the Hitler bug.
>>
>>81813278
>not knowing Tommy is a modern Timothy Dextor
>>
>>81821464
The scariest part is that murder isn't really that much of a leap when you think of how little you know about him. Shady individual that has fled various countries and stubbornly refuses to present identification because it's all fake? I can see it.
>>
>>81821564

Not to mention he freaks out when people ever find out anything about his life.
>>
Supposedly Greg knows Tommy's real past but hasn't revealed it, and he got that information because his sister's boyfriend works for the state department and dug into government documents to find out who Tommy really is. At the very least, it's how he found out Tommy's real age.
>>
Is he really Polish? His accent really doesn't sound Polish, it's just off.
>>
>>81821685
I believe the closest we've got to the truth is that he was born in Soviet Czechoslovakia
>>
>>81817624
>newspaper articles about him selling toy birds
sauce?
>>
>>81819520
BEGONE THOT
>>
>>81821685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCHoqPr6UXI

He sounds a lot like that dude to me. They basically have the same speech patterns and inflection. Also keep in mind that English is probably Tommy's third or fourth language, and that he lived in France for a while, so there's going to be some other influence in his accent, too.
>>
>>81821685
I'm watching it for the first time now and when they drink it's sobieski vodka. that helps the polish idea
>>
>>81821739
Sorry, I don't have it. But I've seen scans of the newpaper posted in these threads before. Apparently, some anon found them, and I'm hoping someone saved them. It was a short human interest piece from a San Francisco newpaper from the 80s. It talked about Tommy's popularity as the "The Birdman," and how successful he'd become selling toys. There was even a picture of him in his stall, IIRC, wearing glasses and a sweater and organizing some things.
>>
https://twitter.com/tommywiseau/status/294615686871928832?lang=en

It's a shame Disney didn't choose him, Star Wars should always be in the hands of eccentric autists
>>
>>81810165
>>81810650
He's probably some kind of vampire financing his pure kino endeavors with his vampire-hoard. Disaster Artist makes it abundantly obvious Tommy is obsessed with vampires, likely because he is one.
>>
>>81821978
It's really interesting to know that that is a legit story, since it validates a lot of the account given in the book.
>>
>>81822178

No he's not one, that's the thing. He's hoping by trying to communicate with them so hard, one of them will turn him into one.
>>
I watched this movie without knowing what it is just heard that its great etc

Its just extraordinarily shit its not funny or anything I didn't even finish it

I understood why some ppl would like to pretend that it's intentional and laugh about that

Reading now that its directed by the lead actor and that he's literally a brain-damaged individual explains everything. Why obsess about it its just crap there's nothing to it
>>
>>81822258
>t. autism
>>
>>81822315
>t. r/movies
>>
>>81822202
If he's a normal mortal, why doesn't he age? He's apparently always looked like he does now and has hinted to be "far older" than people believe.
>>
File: emperor is among us.png (566KB, 486x602px) Image search: [Google]
emperor is among us.png
566KB, 486x602px
>>81810165
He's Our King. No wonder he has all this dosh.
>>
>>81817367
I doubt even a single sentence you asserted is true.
>>
>>81822570

I however believe it, because nothing is out of the realm of possibility with Tommy
>>
File: Despair Pepe.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
Despair Pepe.png
74KB, 412x351px
>>81822127
>We will never witness a Star Wars film directed by the eminent Tommy Wiseau

Why even live?
>>
>>81822950
better than JJ
>>
>>81822950
Three of these exist, if that makes it any better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW_xdftOspA
>>
>>81819280
The way Greg stated it in the books, it took 32 takes to even get him to even SAY the whole line. The one they eventually went with was the only shot where he managed to complete the sentence.

And keep in mind, Wiseau wrote the movie too.
>>
>>81822950
how many sex scenes would he put in it?
>>
>>81814501
Tommy is probably romanian.
The accent checks out.
>>
>>81822950
Oh high Obi Wan!
>>
>>81823111
As many as it takes anon... as many as it takes...
>>
>>81823032
RLM-tier "humour"
>>
>>81823178
Oh high ground!
>>
>>81813278
Tommy shows all the signs of a guy from really REALLY working class upbringing with a potentially broken home getting wealthy and spending it in the weirdest ways possible because he never had a frame of reference how to spend it since he probably loathes how frugal his parents had to be he spends it on stuff he really likes without looking at the price tag or without it being a status thing. More of a sentimental value thing.

People born rich usually dont do that.
>>
TDA audiobook was one of the most amazing things I've ever heard.
Greg did an amazing job with the imitation.
>>
>>81823581

Actually from what Greg said he's both. A gregarious spender one minute, a scrooge-level miser the next.
>>
>That weird sexual growl he makes when grasping Dennys head on the rooftop
>>
>>81823389
nice
>>
>>81821654
>At the very least, it's how he found out Tommy's real age.
what's Tommy's real age?
>>
>>81823634
>>
Keep your stupid comments in your pocket.
>>
>>81815859
What are you 17?
>>
>>81814541
He actually wanted to do that
>>
>>81822258
>I understood why some ppl would like to pretend that it's intentional and laugh about that
Nobody pretends that anything about it is intentional, that's why it's so hilariously bad.
>>
>>81824292

What amazes me is that Greg had such a hard time saying that line.
>>
>>81824102
Greg didn't say, probably at Tommy's request.
>>
I just watched the whole thing for the first time.

fuck

all

of

you
>>
File: me.png (445KB, 640x557px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
445KB, 640x557px
>>81824304
He must be 18 at least or he wouldn't be allowed to post here.
>>
>Wiseau was horrified that there was no liquified guacamole on the craft table, and sent a production assistant to Los Domblas in Venice to bring back 4 gallons of their famous liquid guacamole.

>Due to his fear of styrofoam, Wiseau made the assistant transfer all of the guacamole to wooden bowls before serving to the crew.
>>
>>81824575

Man I love me some guac but that's a bit much
>>
>>81824575
Styrofoam is the worst shit.
>>
>>81814894
Whatever helps you sleep at night you worthless NEET
>>
>>81813918
sherlock over here desu
>>
>>81824627
>>
>>81824575
Okay I hate Styrofoam too but that's fucking insane
>>
>>81824575
>>81824636
doesn't styrofoam in food give you cancer
>>
>>81824575
>four gallons of guacamole
I like guacamole a lot but how big was this crew exactly
>>
>>81824775
only if you microwave it :^)
>>
>>81824775
I wouldn't be suprised. I just hate the texture and that awful squeak it makes.
It's supposedly bad for the enviroment, will never decompose even hundreds of years from now.
>>
>>81824875
Same
>>
File: FaceApp_1492646993251.jpg (257KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1492646993251.jpg
257KB, 1280x1280px
>>81809852
>>
>>81820709
>tfw you will never be a friend like Tommy
>>
>>81821833
>a user asked me, 'how did I get this american accent?"

Maybe the secret explanation for all of this is that Polish people are fucking dimwitted.
>>
>>81825050
Maisie's looking great
>>
>>81825085
>tfw 1950s hack comedians were all right
Maybe we really should have taken their wives
>>
I legit teared up at the end of the book
>>
File: 1491339117147.png (84KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491339117147.png
84KB, 375x375px
>>81809852
ive only seen parts of the room and know the oh hi mark joke by heart

im convinced this was some sort of money laundering scheme
>>
>>81825510
You'd think but it's pretty well documented where the 6 million went

>bought expensive filming equipment instead of renting it like literally every other production does
>fired the entire crew 4 times over
>built sets for absolutely everything instead of filming on location
>built sets for locations that were never used
>that stupid giant billboard he used for marketing
>>
>>81825510

Like Greg said though, why would you launder money through something so public?
>>
>>81824575
I've read the book and this part isn't in there.
>>
>>81824513
The first time is the worst anon; it gets better with each subsequent viewing
>>
>>81825944
Not him, I think I could handle another round if not for the TWO sex scenes. If I remember you have to see his bony ass in both of them.
>>
>>81825982
He didn't want to show his ass he had to or the movie would never have been a hit, he does explain this
>>
>>81825982
>TWO sex scenes
there's like 8. he's in 2 of them though if that's what you meant
>>
>>81826378
That's fucking great

>>81826438
Yeah it's been a while, I just remember two of him and the blonde that seem completely the same with a cheesy fade montage and candles and bad sex soundtrack music and man butt. Somehow I can browse /b/ and not care but that was brutal to sit through.
>>
>>81826697
both of those are in the first 20 minutes. the first 30 minutes are 3 long sex scenes
>>
>>81826697
>I just remember two of him and the blonde that seem completely the same
That's because there was originally supposed to be one scene between Johnny and Lisa, but Tommy shot so much good footage, he didn't want to cut it. So he wrote another sex scene into the movie.
>>
>>81826754
he's supposed to be really drunk in the second one but clear it's just a continuation of the soft core porn from the first one
>>
>>81825798
>built sets for absolutely everything instead of filming on location

This sounds retarded, but it's considerably worse in practice because he'd want to return to old sets to shoot more scenes. They'd literally build a set, shoot, tear it down, and then find out that oh wait Tommy wants more footage so they'd have to rebuild the entire set again.

There's a reason why the crew was like a revolving door.
>>
>>81809852
Is this why it costed like 10 million to make?
>>
>>81811364

>Uses film

For the majority but he actually uses some digital footage in the movie as well. That's why you see scenes that look shot from a similar angle but not exactly the same. Ones from the right of the rig and one on the left.
>>
>>81826823
>There's a reason why the crew was like a revolving door.

Especially since he didn't want to pay for its reconstruction because he paid for it once before.
>>
I can't actually imagine who would be worse to work under, Tommy for The Room or Kubrick for The Shining. Because by all accounts Kubrick basically drove his cast and crew mad with his eccentricity and perfectionism, but Tommy did it with his incompetence and arrogance.
>>
>>81827138
Well at least one is a good movie and the other is the shining
>>
>>81813672
its not french canadian.
>>
>>81827138
>get paid to work with a master of his craft on a classic horror film
or
>get in an argument with a soviet vampire plane hijacker and humble korean leather jacket salesman over whether or not dogs are real

Don't know which one I'd choose desu
>>
>>81827138
The REAL question is which would be the better movie:
The Shining by Tommy Wiseauor The Room by Stanley Kubrick?
>>
>>81827530
Eyes Wide Shut and The House That Drips Blood On Alex are already those films
>>
>>81824102
I know Mark said for those thinking Tommy Wiseau's a middle-aged man pretending to be 30, they're greatly underestimating his real age. I assume he's in his 70s.
>>
>>81827530
>Bear BJ scene
>It's an actual bear he brought from Siberia being fucked, because he wanted it to be real
Yeah I'd pay to see it
>>
>>81827490

Again though, Kubrick kinda drove people crazy even when if he was a master.
>>
>>81827138
Lisa's actor is doing fine and found herself a real estate job, while Shelley Duvall is a mentally broken recluse.
>>
>>81827716
>Lisa's actor
Man she did not deserve the shit she got, especially considering how nice she was behind the camera.
>>
>>81827713
>>
>>81827713
From what I've read it sounds like he was an unbearable prick. A lot of other great artists seem to be too.
>>
TL;DR: THE THREAD

Tommy Wiseau is Polish, he comes from a particular region with a less typical accent which is why it's difficult to pin down

He changed his surname to a mispelling of the French word for bird, "oiseau", after spending time in France living a Trainspotting-tier life

He moved to America and through a combination of simple trade luck and property smarts, managed to build up a small empire in botched goods and gimmicks, think the warehouse in Punch Drunk Love, he just sold 'things' and knew how to play the game

In the late 1990s he was hit by a car, was put into a coma for a week with brain damage, and won several million dollars in court

The rest is history.
>>
>>81828229
yeah but your no fun
>>
Honestly, after all this I hope Greg goes far.
>>
>>81828229
>brain damage, and won several million dollars in court
This explains so much
>>
>>81828334
His book was a huge success and he sold the movie rights, so he's probably doing okay at least.
>>
>>81828334
>>81828391
>got my book signed by him years ago at a screening of The Room and Disaster Artist release event
>writing is illegible and looks like a toddler took a sharpie to the first page
>tfw later realize he probably didn't know how to spell my name so just scribbled
>>
>>81810165
>>81810650

It's been explained a million times. He had a business selling bootleg men's clothing and jackets from South Korea. Basically buys cheap shit clothing with fake branding, and sells it in San Francisco to rich people at a much higher price. Don't know how that's legal, but he made a shitload of money through it.

And admit it, his personality would be great for a men's clothing salesman.
>"ya it looks great on you, you should buy it!"
I can see myself buying a $200 suit off him just to see a smile on his face.

Now imagine him working 20 years in this business, it's easy to imagine how he saved up millions of dollars.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had some loophole to not pay taxes either.
>>
>>81828944
200 dollar sales do not add up to millions of dollars
>>
>>81828944
Based on my complete lack of information and facts and me being too lazy to look it up I'm inclined to believe that other guy who says he won money in a lawsuit after an accident. Or maybe both could be true.
>>
>>81827571
So basically, Wiseau's Shining is better.
>>
>>81829141
>maybe both could be true.
Both are true. But he was already rich before the accident. His businesses, real estate, and elderly benefactors had already made him pretty rich. Then the accident happened, he got more money, a look at his own mortality, and then decided to follow his dreams and make movies.

By the time Greg met him, the accident had already happened, and he was taking acting classes.
>>
Tommy was a mercenary in the Balkan conflict. He made his fortune selling slaves.
>>
>>81829547
which side did he fight for
>>
>>81829547
>You will either live the rest of your life in slavery or star in my upcoming movie
It's a tough call
>>
>>81809922
OP fucking rekt. Who knew Wisseau was such a genius in dialogue writing which transcends time.
>>
>>81827644
>I assume he's in his 70s.
It wouldn't surprise me at all.
>>
>>81829547
I would love to see proof of this.
>>
>>81829576
His own side, anon. War is hell.
>>
>>81829576
HIS side
>>
It The Room the greatest KINO of all time?
>>
File: langoliers.jpg (33KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
langoliers.jpg
33KB, 329x475px
>>81830093
second greatest after the langoliers
>>
>>81811364

The digital footage was actually used for the bluray.
>>
>>81830785
Does mean the entire film has slightly different angles?
>>
>>81830785
They should make one with half of the screen from film and half from digital
>>
>>81822258
I knew for the longest time how hilariously bad it would be before finally watching it. Only years later when seeing youtubers review/bring it up did I realize there was something malicious with Denny. I just assumed it was a young kid with some learning disability, not the perverted psycho everyone else sees. But the more I thought about it the more questions came up
>how old is he
>where does he live
>is he homeless or from a broken home?
>where does Tommy live, an apartment, townhouse, condo, etc?
Where Tommy lives is important to the question about the roof.
>Tommy's place is entered through the front door leading outside
>Denny meets the drug dealer on the roof, how did they get up there
>why does Tommy or anyone else have that easy enough access to the roof?
>>
>>81831821
>why does Tommy or anyone else have that easy enough access to the roof?
The landlord wants him to jump
>>
>>81827644
>>81829718

WTF, I just went to search for a recent recording of him to take another look and that's exactly what he looks like.

https://youtu.be/CMwpMVJ9oog?t=171
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.