[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Last Jedi >Luke: "it's time for the jedi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: hqdefault.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
>The Last Jedi
>Luke: "it's time for the jedi to end"

So they are gonna make that dumb "gray jedi" shit right?
>>
Misdirection. Rey will reinspire Luke to bring Jedi back
>>
>>81804474
This. An inversion of Empire, where this time the youth will inspire and teach the elder. It'll give Luke an arc from not bothered to Jedi hero reborn. Then he'll die. Fuck.
>>
>>81804437
>gonna
kill yourself dumb fuck
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (49KB, 1000x695px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
49KB, 1000x695px
>>81804437
>The Force Awakens
Luke: There has been an awakening. Have you felt it? The dark side...and the light.
>>
>>81806176
Was it Luke that said that line?
>>
>>81806395
>>81806176
That was Snoke though.
>>
"End" is actually being used as a transitive verb.

>It's time for the Jedi to end the First Order

B R A V O R I A N
>>
>>81804437
luke didn't actually say that. listen carefully, it's three different voices, kylo rend says the first part, benny del toro the second, and luke only says "to end."
>>
>>81806790
ren*
>>
File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (232KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
232KB, 1280x720px
>black guy is holding a lightsaber in teaser
Golly gee, that must mean he's the new Jedi, there's just no other possible reason he would be holding a lightsaber.
>*makes 10 threads a day about it*
>>
>>81806395
Was is Luke that said the line in The Last Jedi trailer?
>>
>>81806761
>trans
end yourself
>>
>>81804437
>dumb "gray jedi" shit

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>81804437
what's a gray jedi? I have no idea but no they aren't getting rid of the jedi
>>
>>81807532
Qui gon was a gray jedi
Also, it is debatable if dooku was a gray jedi instead of a sith
>>
>>81807650
There's no such thing as "grey Jedi" because there is no "light" side of the Force to begin with.
>>
>>81804437
I doubt it. Mark Hamill says he doesn't like the direction of the character, and he originally wanted Luke to go dark.

He's just going to be another Obi Wan by the end of the movie. Disney is only interested in doing interesting things with the standalone movies.
>>
>>81807650
None of that is true, idiot.
>>
>>81809952
>Mark Hamill says he doesn't like the direction of the character, and he originally wanted Luke to go dark.
Can anyone link me this interview or wherever he said that?
>>
>>81806462
Luke is Snoke.
>>
>>81810022
Nice Dubs.
>>
>>81806790
I don't hear it. Pretty sure its all Luke's lines
>>
TLJ SPOILERS FOLLOW, SERIOUSLY DO NOT HOVER OVER IF YOU DONT WANNA KNOW
S P O I L E R S
Snoke's real name is Darth Plagueis and he created Anakin Skywalker by using the Force to replace his apprentice Darth Sidious, but Sidious killed him. Plagueis was immortal by the power of Sith holocrons, which activated after the fall of Sidious and brought him back, malformed. He then created a new apprentice named Rey by using the Force, but she was hidden from him by Luke.
S P O I L E R S
>>
>>81804437
watch the trailer again, you never see luke say that, all you see is luke say "to end" it could be some fancy editing to pull the wool over our eyes
>>
>>81804437
The story will focus on Luke's Jedi Order and what really happened to them, which is why it's "plural".
>>
>>81811057

Could be. The "It's time for the jedi" part does sound a lot like Del Toro to me desu
>>
>>81811013

that's bullshit

evil rey will never happen, just as evil daenerys will never happen
>>
>>81811013
>Plagueis was immortal by the power of Sith holocrons
Nigga what. Why bring holocrons into this
>>
File: Centrist.png (191KB, 510x402px) Image search: [Google]
Centrist.png
191KB, 510x402px
>>81804437
>>
>>81811912
There's no evil in GoT, nigga.
>>
>>81812660
that little gimp man who flays people and feeds them to dogs was pretty bad
>>
File: oldfag gods.jpg (95KB, 550x681px) Image search: [Google]
oldfag gods.jpg
95KB, 550x681px
>>81804437
>grey jedi
Moral ambiguity is a hallmark of modernity. Any moral question, posed in a public setting, will always be met by a moral relativist who will argue against the most common sense moral code. The whole light/dark paradigm is considered antiquated by moral relativists. There is a close link between moral relativism and the political/social/philosophical viewpoint of SJWs. They don't believe anything is inherently "bad". This is why, for example, the most dedicated feminist will still manage to defend Islamic culture despite the Islamic practice of punishing a promiscuous daughter by throwing rocks at her until she dies. They don't believe that a qualitative assessment of the morality of an action is possible, and that any attempt to make such an assessment will inherently be corrupted by your own cultural standards, and will therefore be a manifestation of racism.

In other words, they don't believe in heroes or villains and worship moral ambiguity. Such ambiguity can be a good thing in a character (i.e. most of the characters on The Sopranos did kind things and evil things) but the distinction between light and dark have been central to Star Wars since the beginning, and Jew Jew probably can't stand it. I can just imagine him bitching about it.

The whole thing will come together in the ninth episode when Rey starts slaughtering the First Order. She won't just kill soldiers, but civilians who are sympathetic or related in any way to the FO such as family members. She will also probably kill a CGI Leia at some point as well just to make Darth EmoFaggot so sad that he starts self-harming with his light saber.
>>
File: rey-training.gif (708KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
rey-training.gif
708KB, 320x240px
>>
>>81804437
It means that Luke is in fact the last Jedi, because Rey will go to the dark side and /ourguy/ Kyle will return to the light to defeat her.
>>
>>81812543
fuck off with this manufactured forced cancer "meme" you made in your marketer meeting.
>>
>>81814074
>>81814144
>A kids movie
>>
>>81812660
>There's no evil in GoT, nigga.

There are clearly evil or good characters nigga what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>it's yet another idiots think kathleen kennedy will let her self-insert turn to the dark side episode
>>
>>81814074

Yeah, i hate this relativistic shit, i mean, only millenials can really think like this because they lack the real world experience of true evil, they just ponder in their comfortable bubble of modern cities

There is evil in the real world and it's really fucked up
>>
>The time of White Jedi is over
Really raises my head temperature.
>>
Is the end of the jedi that bad of a thing? Since rewatching all of the films before TFA I realized that the jedi were pretty stupid, and that most of the shit that went down is their fault. Also, Star Wars has always played with the duality of good and evil, jedi and sith, so if there's full good, jedi, there will be full evil, sith. If the jedi end, maybe the sith wouldnt come back. After all balance isn't going full good, so the jedi are not the balance
>>
File: ramsaygif.gif (482KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ramsaygif.gif
482KB, 480x360px
>>81813841
>>
>>81814074
basically "punch a nazi for the greater good" expressed in start wars terms
>>
>>81814533
Balance is going fully good, and the Sith haven't come back.
>>
>>81814533
jedi are neutral though
>>
>>81814728
I meant the First Order in the sequels. Specially since Kylo sort of worships Vader, a sith.

And why would going full good be balance, isn't it the oposite extreme from evil?
>>
>>81814533
lawful neutral*
>>
>>81814887
meant for >>81814863
>>
>>81814863
If the jedi say that feelings and passion is wrong, and the sith take all of their decision based on passion or feelings, then the neutral or balance would be a moderate aproach to feelings, probably no passion.

If Anakin turned because pf his feelings, and he was somewhat prohibited to judge base on his feelings by yoda and the jedi, I can see were the jedi arr wrong
>>
>>81810094
Snoke is Picard.
>>
>>81806851
dunno why but i kekd at his sneakers
>>
>>81804437
man they really fucked up the ending of Jedi didn't they
>>
>>81814958
funnily enough a steaming pile of shit called KOTOR presents a great rendition of grey jedi - Jolee Bindo. He's a tired guy. He does not give a fuck. He just wants everyone not to rock the boat. I'm sure they used Bindo as blueprint for new Luke
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492623379568.jpg (39KB, 552x798px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492623379568.jpg
39KB, 552x798px
Since this is a Star Wars thread...
Can someone please tell me if this is fake?
>>
>>81815628
it is fake
>>
>>81814958
way to move the goalposts
>>
>>81816329
I'm just saying that I can see why the jedi could be wrong. I don't really know what to think of the direction TLJ is taking, but I think I understand were they're coming from. I'll have to watch the movie to have a well formed opinion about the actual direction.
>>
>>81814875
>And why would going full good be balance, isn't it the oposite extreme from evil?

Not in Star Wars, no.
>>
File: 30847590745.jpg (24KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
30847590745.jpg
24KB, 380x380px
>was hoping rey would go evil and kylo good
>trailer shows kylo seemingly going full dark
>the dream is over

Han is dead and Carrie is dead so there's nobody to really bring him over to the light. We can assume he hates Luke's guts too. The Rebels TV show and the new trailer all but confirms they are going down the whole "ultimate balance" thing by having no Jedi and Sith, and trying to obtain a purely neutral perspective on the force.
>>
>>81815130
Snoke is a Joke.
>>
>>81817854
The Joker is Luke.
Poetry.
>>
>>81811013
That is 5th grade level fan fiction. C'mon man. Step your game up.
>>
>>81817497
Well, what a waste...
>>
>>81815628
>>81816227
It's obviously Finn Dindu
>>
>>81804437
~~1~~
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.