[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else doesn't care much for regular much for regular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: vlcsnap-2012-02-23-21h52m27s90.png (886KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-02-23-21h52m27s90.png
886KB, 1024x576px
Anyone else doesn't care much for regular much for regular martial arts flicks but loves well done wire-fu? Call me a pleb if you want, but I'm a sucker for the ridiculous over the top fights from 90's wuxia before chinks started abusing shitty CGI. It helps too that the plots are usually the right amount of convoluted with an interesting lore behind.

Listing a bunch of my favorites, opinions and recommendations are welcome.

>Kung Fu Cult Master
>Storm Warriors
>Swordsman 2 (1 and 3 are ok too)
>Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain
>Iron Monkey
>Holy Flame of the Martial World
>>
Good thread. Of course it won't be appreciated because it's too much text for the faggots lurking here. Post a still of a movie only a circle jerk knows and be like
>What went wrong
otherwise there won't be any discussion.
>>
I never cared much for wife-fu but honestly it was probably due to being born in the west. Cultural differences and what not. It all kinda changed when I saw A Chinese Torture Chamber Story, which has a sex scene done completely with wire-fu and it was the craziest and funniest thing I had seen until that point. That made me appreciate the style, desu. Some recommendations

Last Hero in China
Eastern Condors
Lord of the Wu-Tang
>>
File: question mark dog4-225x320.jpg (8KB, 225x320px) Image search: [Google]
question mark dog4-225x320.jpg
8KB, 225x320px
Are these kind of movies like Hero? Like they have people just flying around like crazy? Or is it like Ip Man, where I'm pretty sure the style of kung fu was called wuxia?
>>
>>81791838
You're a pleb. Wire fu is the lowest form of Kung Fu.
>>
>>81793026
The first one.

>Or is it like Ip Man, where I'm pretty sure the style of kung fu was called wuxia?
That's wushu.
>>
whats the best one out of all of the ones you listed? I'll check it out and see if i like it.
>>
>>81793064
It's not like kung fu is actually practical or anything. If you're gonna larp might as well go all the way.
>>
>>81793290
Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain, easy. It's loads of fun. Keep in mind it's from the 80's though, so effects are more dated than the others.
>>
>>81792461
I never saw any of these so I really can't contribute, my surface level knowledge exists only from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.
>>
File: acgs.jpg (206KB, 1000x587px) Image search: [Google]
acgs.jpg
206KB, 1000x587px
Original Chinese Ghost Story trilogy
Saviour of the Soul
Butterfly and Sword
>>
>>81793623
Literally can't find an english subbed version. How did you watch it?
>>
>>81791838
I can take or leave most wuxia, but I love Zu: WftMM and Iron Monkey. Will have to check out the rest. If you like the weirdness of Zu, I highly recommend Mo (The Boxer's Omen).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.