[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Film has a soundtrack Does anyone else think this is dishonest?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: frog toot.jpg (37KB, 666x527px) Image search: [Google]
frog toot.jpg
37KB, 666x527px
>Film has a soundtrack
Does anyone else think this is dishonest?
If you need to add "le such epic music" to a scene to make viewers understand that something is meant to be substantial in some way then you are directing it poorly
How am I meant to be immersed when there is constantly music playing and the characters arent aware of it?
>>
>>81780283
kill r u rself?
>>
fuck off haneke
>>
>>81780283
agreeeed. if there's any music, it should be from instruments played in the scene
>>
almost every movie made these days is dishonest
>>
File: 1472995797312.jpg (150KB, 503x684px) Image search: [Google]
1472995797312.jpg
150KB, 503x684px
>>81780283
99.99% of all film is purely impressionist.
Music will objectively bring out certain emotions in you, meaning it is succeeding.
If the goal was to get you immersed in the film they would film it in first person and have blinking simulated on the camera.
If the goal was to tell a story disregarding the emotional impact they'd have narration over every scene, with every scene important to the story their telling.
>>
>>81781684
>>81780283

They could even get around this by having an orchestra actually following around the main characters the whole movie. Would be so much more believable and realistic.
>>
>>81782912
What if the MC has to climb a wall?
The orchestra can't climb and play music at the same time that is unrealistic.
>>
>>81782977
they could be in a helicopter?
>>
>>81783166
Helicopters make a lot of noise when the propeller blades pierce the air.

Then you'd barely hear the orchestra.
>>
You basically described every BBC series or film. It either has barely audible music as to be pointless addition. Or it's so loud it fucks the conversation audio up.
>>
>>81783283
>BBC

LMFAO
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.