[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make the Yuuzhan Vong work in the current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Von4.jpg (1MB, 1027x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Von4.jpg
1MB, 1027x1600px
How would you make the Yuuzhan Vong work in the current Star Wars canon?
>>
They're a shit addition to the verse and should remain not canon
>>
>>81770938

They are garbage. Fuck off.
>>
Woah we are le evil race! Here to do le evil things!!! And we look all evil and spiky and pointy!!!
>>
Exactly like they did in the old canon: aliens from another galaxy invade the current galaxy and former enemies (Republic/Empire, Jedi/Sith) must put aside their differences to confront the common threat.
>>
Put them in Star Trek where they belong.
>>
>star wars
Grow up faggot
>>
How would just make Darth Bane work in the canon
>>
>>81771134
>Bane
???????
>>
>>81770938
Can I have a quick rundown?
>>
>>81771174
>He doesn't know
>>
>>81771180
>A race of force immune aliens from another galaxy invade the star wars galaxy
>They kill trillions
>>
File: 1490915553928.png (260KB, 625x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490915553928.png
260KB, 625x360px
Make them not as big of a threat, and instead of coming from outside of the galaxy they come from the unknown regions. Drop the "force cant touch me" thing. Bring the edgy design back a little. Set the conflict post sequel trilogy.
>>
>>81771025

sounds like all marvel movies now

>we need something for the heroes (we always have multiple) to kill in droves with no consequences
>>
>>81771180
The Yuuzhan Vong are introduced to be the ultimate foil to the Jedi. When you have a protagonist that can choke you with his brain, make you do what he wants or just generally fuck your shit up without picking up a finger, how do you combat that?

The Vong are completely dead in the Force. They are not affected by it at all. Supposedly, because their Force Sensitive home planet burned it out of them following a protracted war.

One thing to keep in mind: Every thing that the Vong uses is living. Their armor? A species of crab that grows like a symbiote over their body. Their staff weapons? Actually snakes that go completely rigid, are IMMUNE to light sabers, and spit poison. Their cybernetic prosthesis? Actually living grafts from other organisms. Their ships? Living creatures. They even have giant lizard war mounts. All of these things are also immune to the Force. They can't be sensed, they can't be picked up, they can't be mind controlled. So apparently, their Force Sensitive planet also burned the force out of everything that they create, conquer or do.

Only as we come to find out in the final confrontation, they aren't actually dead in the Force. They simply can't touch it anymore, the same way that non Force Sensitives can't touch it. An entire planet, billions of organisms, and galactic legions were all restricted from the Force simultaneously, but how? It is revealed that there is one guy who still has a connection to the Force: the Supreme Warlord's jester. The entire 4 years of the Vong war, this one guy has been cloaking every single living thing in the Vong's empire from the Jedi. This one guy has been shielding them from mind control, from being lifted or moved, from Force Lightning, from everything. This one guy has been able to hide every Vong, every ship, every mount, every weapon, every prosthetic, every crab armor, every everything, everywhere.
>>
>>81771255
All of this is dope except anti-force and anti-lighrsaber stuff
>>
>>81771283
Essentially, the entire "foil" aspect of the Vong was all a lie perpetrated by the crazy jester of a Supreme Warlord that he was mind controlling. However, after the jester's death, the Vong remain immune to the Force. Either because writers can't get their shit together, or because the jester's power carries on after death.

Also, Sheev Palpatine had foreseen the entire Yuuzhan Vong invasion prior to his takeover of the Galaxy. While still an apprentice to Darth Plaguies, Sheev had a vision of untold death and destruction of trillions of lives when the Yuuzhan Vong would pounce from beyond the rim of the galaxy onto an unsuspecting Republic. So his grand plan of an Galactic Empire was in fact a preemptive measure to raise a defense force against the Vong. He would have had Death Stars lined up at every entryway into the galaxy, waiting for the Vong to show themselves. All the evil that Sheev did was only to protect the galaxy - he's a hero.

So there you go, the Yuuzhan Vong in a crab-shell.
>>
They can't. The Vong are religious zealots with strong anti-tech beliefs.

sound like anything in the real world hat Disney wouldn't want to trigger?
>>
They could've done it already in TFA without changing the movie that much
Here's how:
The opening credits would explain that after the death of Palpatine there was a war against the empire until the new republic was established then an extragalactic army attacked call the yuzang vongs and the new republic and the imperial remant would've formed the galactic alliance to stop them
The resistance and the NEW order would be against this new alliance
After a long war there would be a peace offer
to concentrate all the remaining fleet and population of the yuzang vong in some system wich would be evacuated and terraformed
this system would be under constant surveillance by the galactic alliance
The movie would open with the yuzang vong attacking cause the yuzang vong don't respect treaties
Han Solo and Leia would work for the resistance
Those cgi beasts he was tranporting would be yuzang vongs to study
the new order would've had discobered the starkiller planet and they would use it to kill the yuzang vong new system and appear as heroes to the galaxy
the resistance would attack starbase to make sure they wouldn't use it against the republic
>>
>>81771649
the yuzang vongs wouldn't be inmune to the force
luke would've left troubled that most of his new aprentices died in the war against the vong and some tried to find the dark side to fight them (kylo)
>>
>>81771307
why would sheev even have a vision of a race that's hidden from the force? shit's dumb
>>
>>81771456
Amish people?
>>
>>81771283
>>81771307
This is the most retarded fucking thing I think I've ever read regarding Star Wars in my life. This is worse than the wookiepedia article for breast.
>>
File: cute.png (199KB, 376x383px) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
199KB, 376x383px
>>81771800

>All the evil that Sheev did was only to protect the galaxy - he's a hero.

I've always liked the "evil guy did everything he did to save the world from a bigger evil" trope.
>>
>>81772113
Dont think too much about it
>>
>>81770938

I wouldn't. The Yuuzan Vong are 1990's grungy sci-fi pulp monsters and they don't mean anything except for a big army to fight.
>>
>>81771119
This
>>
>>81771283
>>81771307
Maybe my memory's a little fuzzy but a lot of the stuff you mentioned either never happened (the jester cloaking the entire Vong race from The Force) or were written AFTER the NJO series had finished by adding unnecessary twists (Sheev forseeing the invasion).

But perhaps I'm also a bit biased as well since I really liked NJO overall, especially the ending which I thought neatly tied up the Empire/Rebellion story and helped Luke create a new Jedi philosophy that wasn't completely retarded.
>>
>>81771283
>>81771307
sounds like something a 12 year old would write in his fan fiction notebook
>>
>>81770938
That looks like how I imagine Hordak to look like in a modern live action He-man movie
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.