[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Fate of the Furious has broken the Star Wars: The Force

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1492421996841.jpg (26KB, 618x349px) Image search: [Google]
1492421996841.jpg
26KB, 618x349px
> Fate of the Furious has broken the Star Wars: The Force Awakens box office record.
How...

How...

http://www.baka.com.au/entertainment/movies/fate-of-the-furious-breaks-star-wars-record-with-over-700-million-opening-20170416-gvlxs8.html
>>
Didn't you see the news? the studio spent their advertisement money on tickets to inflate the sales. There is a huge investigation going into ut. Shits crazy.
>>
Chads actually support their franchise instead of talking about it like Nerds.
>>
>>81759691
source?
>>
>>81759802
rEDDIT.COM
>>
>>81759857
>rEDDIT.COM
yeah but what's the source, though?
>>
Isn't this explained simply by it having a worldwide release on same weekend?
>>
>>81759691

That sounds like foreign money funny stuff, which isn't terribly surprising. There's loads of money to be made in global sales, but it's a whole lot of different markets with very different rules and percentages and players.

>>81759504

Star Wars opened at almost $250 million domestic, about $40 million higher than Jurassic World. Star Wars and JW both had nearly a 50/50 split, being supernaturally popular in the US and big overseas. Fate of the Furious didn't break $100 million domestically, and is playing around with Transformers sequels behind Indiana Jones 4.

So while these movies are a lot more popular here than it might seem sometimes, like 80% of the take came from overseas, which is bizarrely, suspiciously high. $400+ million international opening? Really?
>>
It made twice as much in China than it did in the US...
>>
>>81759504
1. Opened in almost every country at once on purpose for a heavy front end.
2. China fucking loves the F&F movies for some reason. The last few released there have done huge numbers. Meanwhile TFA was a fucking unknown to the Chinese and went downhill from there. BvS didn't do much better

>>81759767
Still did under $100 million in the US for the weekend. Only slightly over the 5/6 numbers (7 was heavy loaded due to Paul Walker's death)
>>
>I'll never watch a F&F movie I'm not a redneck idiot
>Oh boy Star Wars 11 trailer is out! I wonder if it's as good as Thor 7!
>>
>>81759504
Reminder that people aren't watching FotF for FotF: they're watching it to fund the next Riddick film.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.