[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPH SXUS0_1c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: america.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c
>>
>>81758756
CRINGE
>>
I'M A REPUBLICAN LOL
>>
>>81758756
i know some people wont agree with me, but statistically most of the stuff he listed correlates with minorities.
>>
>>81758756
This liberal talking point completely falls apart when you ask "What country is greater?"
>>
cool
>>
He had me up until he started talking about how America used to be great. When was America ever great? After the revolutionary war when we were committing genocide against the natives and utilizing African Americans as slaves? After WW2 when we, along with the Soviets pushed the human race to the brink of armageddon?

No nation is ever "great". This is the biggest lie we've ever told ourselves as a society. Nations are nothing more than a collection of people and there are no great or small people- just people. People can do great things yes, but they can also do evil things. As nations we tend to do too much of the latter.
And why are Americans so obsessed with being the "greatest"? Why are other nations? It's not a fucking competition. This is life, this is humanity. We should be trying to be the best that we can and if we are, then it doesn't if we're the "greatest" or not. Let's drop the jingoist bullshit and start acting not like Americans or Chinese or Russians but like human beings.
>>
>>81759213
hurr durr Sweden lol the have gud benefits

hint: the only reason swedes are willing to pay such high taxes for social welfare programs is because they're homogeneous af (ie, their in group benefits from it)
>>
>>81759202
Minorities, by being minorities, have a very small effect on the population.
>>
>>81759213
None of them are great, including America, because they all have their fair share of problems. We just fellate the dick of any country we belong to because that's all we fucking know.
>>
>>81759323
>very small effect
>highest crime rates
>highest rate of welfare recipients
>small effect
>>
>>81759292
people try to turn everything into a team sport
>>
>>81759368
Yes, all countries have problems. However, America remains the undisputed leader of the world, no matter how much Democrats want to pretend that Germany is in the top spot because of Drumpf (or the Tea Party, in the context of the show).
>>
>>81759213
Sweden,Finland and Norway easily.

Probably Denmark and few other countries as well.

Get your head out of your ass bud.
>>
>>81759202
this. You can't agree with this without running into the fact that america was much whiter in his gold age
>>
>>81759471
If you want to keep deluding yourself, go ahead. You'll eventually figure out the whole world is shit.
>>
>>81759507
Justify your thesis, dickhead

>>81759524
>everything is shit bro!

Real compelling point
>>
File: 1366505270006.jpg (23KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
1366505270006.jpg
23KB, 446x362px
>in English class when this episode aired
>people were talking about how awesome this scene is
>one girl says "I loved it. Really takes those nationalistic republicans down a notch. I hate when people think the US is the greatest thing ever when it's not."
>some guy says "hear hear" and another starts applauding her
>I pipe up and say "Well actually his argument is fallacious. When he explains why America isn't the greatest he appeals to logos by citing numbers and statistics. But when he talks about why America used to be great he appeals to pathos instead and resorts to only vague reasons.The fact is old America didn't top any of the lists he cited earlier either and therefore doesn't satisfy the condition he personally set for greatness. This is a standard Sorkin debate tactic, you see it many times in such shows as--"
>she cuts me off with "Uhhh why are you talking to me? I don't even know you"
>suddenly feel shortness of breath as I remember I left my inhaler at home
>everybody in the class laughs, even the teacher

why /tv/ why
>>
File: IMG_2606.jpg (34KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2606.jpg
34KB, 410x410px
>>81759292
>>
>>81759609
people on average live much better lives there than an average american by almost every metric.
>>
dude pessimism lmao
>>
>>81759679
>"better by metrics"

go to bed Tyler
>>
>>81758756
DUDE CENTRISM LMAO
>>
>>81758756
>seventh in literacy

Sorkin thinks this is bad lmao
>>
>>81759713
you know.. facts backed by research
>>
>>81759292
>hey I know America was able to go from barely civilized land to world's strongest superpower in over 200 years, but Jamal never got a big enough piece of the pie so we were shit

people like you deserve nothing
>>
i unironically embrace nazism
>>
Our stats are bad because niggers and the periods when we were great were when the women and niggers had less rights
>>
>>81759679

Of the countries you listed, only Norway had a higher HDI than the US last year, .949 to America's .920.

Fuck geopolitical relevance, people in Norway get a few extra happy pills a year, that's us put in our place.
>>
>>81759507

Go to SWEDEN

GET TRUCKED
>>
>>81759507
>lists only countries with a whiter population

what did anon mean by this?
>>
>>81759611
Why are you talking to me, Anon? I don't even know you

That sucks man. I wish I had the guts to speak up when my professors say something I disagree with.
>>
Which country has the most freedom? This isn't a rhetorical question, I genuinely want to know if another country can top America when it comes to having freedom.
>>
>>81760051
by what metric? Economic freedom? Speech Freedom? Drug freedom?
>>
>>81760051
That shit is next to impossible to quantify. The people who claim to quantify it only do so so they can claim the US is losing Freedom whenever the party they don't like is in power
>>
>>81760051
The freest you can be on this Earth is living in either Alaska or Somalia. That's excluding going innawoods some place and disappearing off the map.
>>
>>81759845
Right, blame the black people like always.
>>
>>81760051
Somalia
>>
File: 1448228502171.jpg (801KB, 1000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1448228502171.jpg
801KB, 1000x4500px
>>81760198
>>
>>81760198
Well, if you exclude black people from statistics regarding the US, every metric gets better, usually significantly.
>>
>>81760193
HA I LIVE IN ALASKA SUCK IT
>>
>>81760051
There probably isn't one, unless you try to count positive freedoms, which is ridiculous. Freedom is the absence of something.

>>81760162
Yes, but it's possible to do a qualitative analysis. For example, find me a nation other than the US where constitutional rights aren't explicitly limited by the "common good."

What does that even mean? If you say something 51% of people disagree with, it's not protected speech?
>>
>>81758756

>listen to me, I'm the baby boomer, get fucked you millennial piece of shit
>>
>>81760248
I heard the state actually pays people to live there.
How much do you get?
>>
File: blacksleft.png (162KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
blacksleft.png
162KB, 1024x896px
>>81760198
if the shoe fits, nigger.
>>
>>81760254
The problem is that the people "measuring freedom" will argue that explicitly limiting rights makes for a greater society. How can you have a free society if feelings are hurt?
>>
>>81760293
Permanent Fund Dividends (the money we get from oil companies) generally come in the flavor of $1,200 - $2,000 a year.
>>
>>81759611

Dude, you're attempting to utilize formal rhetorical terms before a class of marginal individuals.

If you're in an English class there's no excuse for this bullshit.

Half my class mates couldn't even name who were the principle combantants in world war II or who were the ethnic and cultural groups targeted by the holocaust.

Our generation is fucking screwed.
>>
>>81759323
Blacks are ~15% of the US population but account for >50% of the murder rate according to a 2013 FBI crime report.
>>
File: buckshit.gif (2MB, 278x210px) Image search: [Google]
buckshit.gif
2MB, 278x210px
>>81758756
>never mentions GDP
>>
>>81760361
>The problem is that the people "measuring freedom" will argue that explicitly limiting rights makes for a greater society.
Yeah, and that's fallacious.

>How can you have a free society if feelings are hurt?
That's incredibly easy. Freedom is the absence of interference. If I'm free of lice, it means I have no lice. It's no commentary on my, or anyone else's, mood.
>>
>>81760198

To be completely honest, the poor of any particular ethnic denomination inspire nothing but disgust in me.

They are literally unwashed masses.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.