[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hans Zimmer played Coachella. does that make him normie tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: hans-zimmer1.jpg (175KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
hans-zimmer1.jpg
175KB, 630x420px
Hans Zimmer played Coachella. does that make him normie tier?

first hour of this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zlqov8vivE
>>
>>81737079

Hans Zimmer has always been one of the most reddit film music composers to exist.
>>
>>81737079
>most blockbuster osts
>not normie
You thought Hans Zimmer is obscure? Are you 15?
>>81737093
Normie yes but not reddit. Not liking Hans because he's popular is very /r/eddit. But I do wish he'd use more original sounds like in Interstellar instead of his usual Pirates copy and paste.
>>
>>81737079
Coachella doesnt know him
>>
He's fucking great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83NYseGd1dI
>>
>skip through video
>pirates of the caribbean theme with electric guitar playing
>imagine chads and staceys high on molly dancing to this
>>
>>81737079
we had a live thread of this last night. was pretty fun

liked some of his stuff, but bringing out all the niggers was annoying
>>
Disliking Zimmer is trademark contrarianism. Hate his copycats, don't hate him.
>>
Anyone who thinks Zimmer is a hack while championing Michael Giacchino is the next John Williams should get their ears cut off. Giacchino is the biggest goddamn hack who ever composed for movies. Even more than Trent Reznor.
>>
Link is offline. Anyone got the whole concert?
>>
>>81739288
He did a great job scoring the Medal of Honor games tho
>>
>>81738505
Funny because one of his copycats is better than he.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB3F9FAFF711B0DE6
>>
>>81739784
That was the exception to the norm.

It's kind of sad how after MoH, the thing most people remember him for is a poor John Barry knockoff in the form of The Incredibles. And then suddenly he's writing these giant symphonic scores for Star Trek and Star Wars and clearly relying on his orchestrators to polish his themeless rehash garbage of someone else's work.

For all the shit people give Zimmer, he would never in a million years put garbage like this in one of his soundtracks:

http://kiwi6.com/file/wu68vjhsul
>>
>>81739798
Jablonsky's decent but he hasn't done anything noteworthy outside of the first Transformers and a few tracks in Age of Exctinction. Zimmer brings a very distinct style to each film he composes for. He does that intentionally because he wants the audience to hear something they haven't heard before.
>>
>>81740202
Give Steamboy a listen. Might change your mind.

Zimmer and the people who work for him are far more talented than their Hollywood music would lead you to believe. How else would he have composed Lion King?
>>
>>81740202
I just think it's funny how Jablonsky just ripped Zimmer's Batman Begins score off for the first Transformers but was somehow way better.
>>
>>81739288
Sorry, but Tyler Bates still takes that spot. Ripping off Goldenthal for the entire score of 300 is just the icing on the cake.

People saying Zimmer is the one who is responsible for most film music sounding like what it is like nowadays are all in the wrong as well. The blame goes to Brian Tyler. The most blatant example of this is all the MCU movies. With Zimmer scores, you can at least remember the atmosphere and certain instruments being used. With Tyler, it's the most generic orchestral stuff ever.
>>
>>81740406
Zimmer is the one who fucked everything up when he scored Batman Begins. That's when everything changed. People wanted to sound like that and for some reason it caused good composers like Elfman and Williams to start sucking out of nowhere. The last really good score Elfman did was Spider-Man 2, a year before BB. The last really good score Williams did was RotS, which came out the same year as BB.
>>
>>81740496
Elfman and Williams and their newer scores sound nothing like Zimmer though. In fact the only movies where the usual "Zimmer sound" comes through is in those thrillers like Taken. Outside of that, it's either some wannabe Thomas Newman or Brian Tyler.

Elfman's and William's new scores suck because the movies they work on suck. Even Williams can't save a Jar Jar Abrams movie. And Burton lost it a long time ago.
>>
BAZINGA
>>
>>81740496
It's not Zimmer's fault he made a score so good it produced a countless copycats. I think that's why people dislike Zimmer even though it's not his fault but the fault of the composers wanting to be him. Even for the TDK trilogy, he kept reinventing himself for each new film. TDKR sounded completely different than BB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSGNmaIBww8

Still my favorite track. So good.
>>
>>81740574
>In fact the only movies where the usual "Zimmer sound" comes through is in those thrillers like Taken.

Oh yes, and all the DC superhero movies as well, but Zimmer has done most of the work for them anyway so that doesn't count.

I still remember back in the 90s when Horner was considered by film music connoisseurs as being a hack for Titanic... how times have changed.
>>
>>81740613
Once he started on the Hack Snyder movies though, you can tell he just phoned it in. And then gave us something amazing for Interstellar.
>>
>>81740574
>Elfman and Williams newer scores don't sound like Zimmer

I know that. I was pointing out that they suddenly started sucking after Zimmer scored BB.

>their new scores suck because the movies they work on suck

Fair enough, as far as SW and Burton go. I haven't given Williams' Spielberg scores a listen lately.
>>
One of the most underrated Hans Zimmer score is for The Last Samurai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MrZUmMpZM
>>
>>81740613
BB and TDK's scores only sound as good as they do because Zimmer had James Newton Howard backing him up.
>>
>>81740667
Not at all. BvS has ton of great tracks. A Beautiful Lie is one of his best and the Wonder Woman track is very original for him. He didn't like composing the Batman parts though because he felt a contrast to Nolan Batman.
>>
>>81740678
>I know that. I was pointing out that they suddenly started sucking after Zimmer scored BB.

The quality of cinema in general has gone down ever since the endless stream of "cinematic universes" sprang up after the success of Nolan's Batman and Raimi's Spiderman. The quality of music went with it.
>>
>>81740742
>bvs has a ton of great tracks

Please take your memes back to R*ddit where they belong. Don't park them here.
>>
>>81740162
>http://kiwi6.com/file/wu68vjhsul

Holy fuck, which movie was this for?
>>
>>81740896
kill yourself cocksucker
>>
>>81737079
In my opinion, his greatest work is actually the soundtrack to Modern Warfare 2

Rangers Lead the Way is a great track
>>
>>81737093
This you fucking pleb
>>
>>81737079

DUDE COMPUTERS

DUDE DIGITAL ORCHESTRA

DUDE FUCK INTERACTING WITH PEOPLE

DUDE FUCK LIVE INSTRUMENTS
>>
>>81740912
Jupiter Ascending
>>
>>81740933
I would have said that to you but I'm a civilized adult who was taught basic manners as a child.
>>
>>81740997
>DUDE FUCK LIVE INSTRUMENTS

Yeah, let's get one-hundred live violinists to play garbage like this instead >>81740912
>>
>>81739288
There's nothing wrong with Trent Reznor's scoring, a well-versed producer with a classical piano training. Much better than all the orchestral cheese that should've been buried decades ago.
>>
>>81737079
>video is private
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>81741499
>Much better than all the orchestral cheese that should've been buried decades ago.

Other than the occasional Williams or Giacchino, we haven't had any "orchestral cheese" in over a decade.

Reznor barely even touches the piano in his walls of noise productions.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.