[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Describe Qui-Gon without mentioning his occupation or appearance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 23

File: MIKE .png (167KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
MIKE .png
167KB, 300x347px
"Independent minded and hardheaded, but measured and wise."
Wow, so hard.

When did you grow out of RLM?
>>
>>81734916
The most embarassing part of that "experiment" is that everyone he asks is just his cronies who all agree with him anyway. Like why bother doing that if you're just going to invalidate all your findings anyway?
>>
he's hardheaded? is that what that word means?

i don't remember the movie too well, what's some stubborn stuff he does? he wants to train the little kid or something right
>>
>>81734974
He defies the council to their faces, and is implied to have done it before. ("Don't defy the council master, not again".)
His dying wish to Obi Wan is to train Anakin, against (at the time) the will of the council.
>>
>>81734916

These are the type of people who drove Lucas towards selling Star Wars to Disney.

If it wasn't for these rediculous nitpicky videos, which have paper thin arguments, he would have carried on with E7-9 himself.
Instead he didn't want to deal with these manbaby 'fans' demanding him to be uncreative and just recycle more from the OT.

So you can thank RLM for what we are getting today.
>>
>stares at things and mumbles

There, even more concise.
>>
>>81735530
What do you gain by lying?
Is the health of your Ego somehow tied up in RLM being correct?
>>
>>81734916
Who?

Seriously, before watching the RLM videos I didn't even know what that character's name was.
>>
>>81734916
And that describes his character in what way? Do you get a sense of who he is or what kind of role he plays in the story?
>>
>>81735594
If anything it makes me think the council would not have sent him on a sensitive diplomatic mission if this guy was gonna defy their orders and was "hardheaded"

I also don't know why they sent a Jedi in the first place.
>>
>>81735594
You could same the same about literallt any character in any movie.
A character's ocupation is a pretty important thing if the story focuses on it.
>>
>>81735577
No, considering they thought TFA was good.
>>
>>81734958
it was a funny internet review about a stupid movie, it's not like it's an exact science.
>>
>>81735594
Yes, his character informs his character and and actions. Very braindead question, honestly.

>>81735643
But he's perfect for the mission BECAUSE it could require some unorthodox action. Like when it goes bad and he has to mind trick Boss Nass to get to Theed.
>>
>>81735485
i hate them so fucking much. the smug "never impressed with anything" look on their faces and the way they gleefully shit on everything as if it's a given that they know they could do it better (even though they couldn't) i hate them. i hate them so much.
>>
>>81735811
You've seen none of the many episodes where they discuss great new or classic movies?
>>
>>81734958
>taking the review that seriously
Did Mike hurt your feelings?
>>
>>81735856
>that seriously
Describing his flawed methodology isn't okay?
>>
>>81735811
Lmao
>>
>>81734916
>wise
"i'm going to adopt this obviously disturbed child and separate him from his mother, his only family, whom i will leave in slavery on a backwater planet and never allow him to see again. i will also risk his life in a high-speed race that routinely results in brutal accidents and deaths. additionally, i will train this disturbed child in ancient and powerful esoteric arts, despite the objections of literally the most senior jedi in the galaxy and their warnings of certain danger. later i will take this small child into an active warzone, where my negligence will result in his being trapped inside a starfighter and participation in literal space combat, as is appropriate for a 9 year old. i am a measured and wise man."
>>
File: space cop.jpg (16KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
space cop.jpg
16KB, 182x268px
>>81735811
>(even though they couldn't)
this
>>
Why is this board so obsessed with trying to vindicate the irredeemable crock of shit that is the prequels?
>>
>>81735941
You can't call your self a true Star Wars fan if you don't love the prequels.
>>
>>81735931
>>wise
"This child saves the galaxy and kills the evil Emperor."
>>
>>81734916
>"Independent minded and hardheaded, but measured and wise."
This could be said of every main character in TPM, since they're all serious and boring
>>
>>81734916
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsrbQK9kgQg&t=550s
The prequels were the best thing to happen to Star Wars. Honestly, TFA was garbage. ROTJ gave us Slave Leia. AOTC gave us tight pants mid-riff Padme. Until this new trilogy gets a sexy outfit, it is garbage.
>>
>>81735991
>after my actions led to his enslaving it for 30 years and destroying entire planets and populations
>>
>>81734958

You're right. This was clearly a scientific study and should have been handled like one.

Where is the International Bureau of Peer Review and why didn't they do something about this?
>>
>>81735941
Contrarians
>>
>>81735939
"B-but you couldn't do it better either!!"is a shit argument.

>>81735941
There seems to be a weird perception going around that hating the prequels somehow implies liking Disney Wars.

>>81735967
Being called a "true fan" is not worth compromising your standards for.
>>
>>81735967
I consider every bit of Star Wars fandom to be part of the lore. Gets a lot better when you add the Leia rape stories into the movies.
>>
>>81735994
That's irrelevant though (also it's not true, Obi isn't measured or all that wise, or a council-defier, until the end when he doesn't for Qui-Gon. The description doesn't fit Anakin or Jar Jar either). as you agree that it describes Qui-Gon.

>>81736038
30 years or a thousand year Sith Reich? Which one sounds more appealing?
>>
File: Wut Aqua.jpg (184KB, 763x598px) Image search: [Google]
Wut Aqua.jpg
184KB, 763x598px
>defending the Prequels and literally getting triggered over people criticizing them

So it's come to this, huh /tv/?
>>
>>81736076
So you hate the prequels... and you hate the sequels... do you like the Ewoks cartoon at least? Asking for a friend. Jub jub.
>>
>>81735941

More and more underaged faggots are now migrating to /tv/.

Underaged faggots saw Star Wars Episode I in theaters as children and theit shitty underdeveloped brains thought it was awesome, so now when they see Mike Stoklossa dare criticize George Lucas' giant cash-grabbing CGI turd they get triggered and fly into full defense-mode.
>>
>>81736140
Haven't seen them.
>>
What of the droid attack on the Wookies?
>>
>>81736166
Yousa taken that back. Wesa preparrrrrreed to go to war wit yo banta podoo.
>>
>>81734916
>bets everything and a queen on a 6yo winning a 200mph race
>>
>>81736207
Not a true Star Wars fan if you haven't. Watch them. Watch them all. Every episode of Ewoks. Watch the Ewoks movies as well. And buy the Ewoks comics. They are very important to the overall lore of these films and so, unless you see them, you are missing a heavy part of the subtlety of these films. Jub jub.
>>
>>81736108
RLM has reached the popularity threshold that pushes /tv/ into contrarianism so it will have to religiously attack them and defend what they attack. I want RLM to do a review on Rick and Morty and see the clusterfuck that'd produce.
>>
Remember when unironically defending the Prequels against criticism was with nitpicky drivel was something reserved for autistic fanboy spergs, and it was something we made fun of them for?

http://thestarwarstrilogy.com/starwars/FILES%2f2014%2f09%2fRed-Letter-Media-Episode-I-Review-A-Study-in-Fanboy-Stupidity.pdf.axdx

Now it's something /tv/ itself does unironically.

/tv/ is now filled with people as unironically autistic as Jim Raynor.
>>
>>81736252
And it payed off.
>>
>>81736252
In my dreams Annie died and the queen became the slave of a trash man.
>>
>>81736279
I'd love to see a /tv/ defense of Star Trek Nemesis or Into Darkness.
>>
>>81736333
Into Darkness is trash but Nemesis is a great film.
>>
>>81736166
I enjoyed the fighting in Episode 1, but that's cause I was 12 and, you know, it was fun. The story was fine, I understood it and questioned some of the shit but it was a film, who cares? I don't hate or like the films. I've watched them many times and I can say the best thing about them is John Williams.
>>
File: Really Nisekoi.jpg (25KB, 263x263px) Image search: [Google]
Really Nisekoi.jpg
25KB, 263x263px
>There are unironic Prequel-fans ITT

What was your favorite moment in Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

Mine is the part where Jar Jar Binks steps in the pile of poopy in the middle of the road and dances around going "ICKY ICKY POO" for like 10 seconds.

Truly that scene will live on in pop-culture history.
>>
File: Star-Wars-George-Lucas.jpg (348KB, 1562x941px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-George-Lucas.jpg
348KB, 1562x941px
The prequels were always mixed, they contained good things and bad things. We can all agree to that. But what RLM did and what is so dangerous to the entire medium really is that they narrowed Star Wars down to strictly what the OT is and then proceeded to butcher the prequels for not being that. It basically painted the prequels as inherently broken, inherently wrong and inherently bad. This is simply false when considering the fanbase reception as there were clearly a ton of things that went right with the prequels and made a rightful place in the SW universe.

When RLM complains that TPM doesn't have a clear protagonist, he does so on the basis that ANH had one. But why must TPM have one protagonist? Why must we narrow down Star Wars to the ANH template? Funny enough Disney ended up following this route of the OT template and ended up failing miserably. Whereas Lucas took Star Wars, purposely went out of his way to create something new and original.

See, this is the issue with saying the RLM reviews. It in many ways reflect the most disgusting part of modern Internet culture, where what is different and new is treated with distaste and what is in line with expectations is praised to high heavens, even if all those praises will mean nothing as everyone will have forgotten the film the week after.
>>
>>81734916
Apparently you haven't grown out of RLM because you make a new thread about hem every half hour.
>>
>Jar Jar Binks
>Clumsy, a clown, an outcast among his own poeple. A feeble minded buffoon.

MIKE BTFO
>>
>>81736359
Episode 1 was an important film because it introduced us to the main villain of Star Wars, Jar Jar Binks, the being who would give power to the Emperor and drove Anakin to be a psycho-mass murderer. I want Episode IX to have his return, the true mastermind behind the Galactic Empire and the threat to the galaxy we never saw exterminated.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1280x960px
>>81736345
Go on, this I want to hear.
>>
>>81736359

>The story was fine
It wasn't.

>I understood it
No you fucking didn't. Not even Lucas understood it. It's a fucking muddled mess about Space-Taxes and supply blockades that doesn't make any actual sense in functionality.
>>
RLM shills are disgusting. Let's unite so we can throw the Disney cocksuckers back to the depths of Reddit.
>>
>>81736108
>disagree with someone
>AHAHA TRIGGERED MUCH FAGGOT?

Millennials were a mistake
>>
>>81736252

FOOLPROOF
>>
>>81734916
>ITT Shitquel apologists who grew up with cartoons that gave backstories to the mess that was I - III.
Worst part is their weird revisionist history where everyone loved the prequels until the mean Youtube man came.
>>
>>81736455
>he doesn't understand how a trade blockades work
Even as 7 I understood TPM just fine. Mike you need to realize not every kid was as dumb as you are.
>>
>>81736395
The moment in the angar when Darth Maul appears and no one shoots him.
>>
>>81736092
But there wouldn't have been a "Sith Reich" to begin with... Training Anakin CAUSED the Emperor to take power at all.
>>
>>81734916
>>Describe Qui-Gon without mentioning his occupation or appearance
Incompetent betting addict.
>>
File: 1459558056249.jpg (87KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1459558056249.jpg
87KB, 500x373px
>>81736320
Sounds like a good setup for Princess Trainer II.
>>
>>81734916
It only took you 5 years.
>>
More of a Grey Jedi than a Light Jedi. That's how i describe him.
He was one of the very few Jedi in the order who actually dared to think, to question, to find the best answers to complex questions without being too chained up by morality.
>>
>>81736486

>Worst part is their weird revisionist history where everyone loved the prequels until the mean Youtube man came.

This.

I am fucking amazed at how some of these people legitimately think nobody hated the Prequels before March of 2009.
>>
>>81736488
Let's pretend you're right for a moment. You should explain it to the rest of us.

Why was the Trade Federation blockading Naboo? Why did they listen to the anonymous hologram with the hood? How did they intend to justify it to the government? Why did Palpatine want the queen to sign a treaty so bad?

Please be specific and detailed, because I genuinely want to know.
>>
>>81736320
dem fresh royal holes

>>81736312
qui gonn makes deadbeat deads look like a hard working ghandi
>>
>>81736746
>Why was the Trade Federation blockading Naboo?
Because they wanted more power

>Why did they listen to the anonymous hologram with the hood?
Implied backstory of them being in cahoots. Only a retard would assume that was their first time talking. It's a shitty retarded point RLM made that literally nobody had objected to prior. Nothing says he was anonymous. He was Darth Sidious. They knew who he was.

>How did they intend to justify it to the government?
They had no intentions to

>Why did Palpatine want the queen to sign a treaty so bad?
To legitimize the invasion? Palpatine wanted to disrupt the order and peace of the Republic so he could abuse the chaos and gain more executive power. Possibly to smear Valurom and gain more power by being a middle hand of the two opposing factions.
>>
>>81736401
0/10
>>
>>81737001
It's ok Mike you'll always have your brain dead drones on Reddit to give you patreon money you fucking sellout.
>>
>>81736904
>Because they wanted more power
How does blockading Naboo achieve that goal?

>Implied backstory
Not an argument

>They had no intentions to
And get gangbanged by the rest of the Galaxy?

>To legitimize the invasion?
Why?
>>
>>81737028
You seem upset. Calm down, take a breath and try not to post retarded shit like that.
>>
>>81734958
> invalidate all your findings
pfffffhahahaha
>>
File: princesses.jpg (735KB, 1800x2782px) Image search: [Google]
princesses.jpg
735KB, 1800x2782px
>>81736033
>ROTJ gave us Slave Leia. AOTC gave us tight pants mid-riff Padme

But which was better?
>>
File: titanic drinking raki.jpg (79KB, 859x638px) Image search: [Google]
titanic drinking raki.jpg
79KB, 859x638px
>>81735967
Kill yourself ASAP
>>
>>81737100
I'm not upset. I explained perfectly fine why RLM reviews are horseshit. And your desperate attempt to downplay that shows. There's always Reddit to kiss your Disney shilling ass.
>>
>>81734916
>grow out of
no nigger, im not an easily impressed upon child who thinks its hilarious when some whining nerd makes a lame ass fake voice and fake rages about the prequels with the most mundane boring fucking complaints possible

that sort of mentality are for the plebs who tune in to comedy central and now HBO for their fucking sole news source for the world outside their precious safe space bubble

now go pretend you matter, you stupid little cucks who can't even form your own god damn opinions
>>
>>81736904
Which part of specific and detailed did you not understand?

>Because they wanted more power
How does the blockade gain them power? They're spending a shitload of resources keeping their fleet of donuts sitting in orbit. What do they get back?

>He was Darth Sidious. They knew who he was.
Did they know he was Senator Palapatine? If not, the question remains: what do they gain by listening to him? Who the hell is he? If so, why didn't they rat him out after they got caught?

>They had no intentions to
So a huge, costly civil war was the plan all along?

>To legitimize the invasion? Palpatine wanted to disrupt the order and peace of the Republic so he could abuse the chaos and gain more executive power.
.Why would he want to legitimize the invasion? Once the treaty is signed, order and peace are restored. And he can't claim to be a peace broker, because publicly he just supports the queen.
>>
>>81737155
>waah, this critical review is bullshit because I say so
the only one reddit here is you.
>>
>>81737221
I explained to you clearly why it is bullshit, Mike. Just because you have a narrow vision of what cinema is doesn't mean we all do.
>>
>>81737296
0/10
>>>reddit
>>
>12 year olds were able to understand who was important and who wasn't
>most adults didn't really give a shit
>it's only when you think about it that it falls apart

Look, if you've watched Episode 1 10 times you're gonna find fucking faults. But on the first viewing, in the cinema, where nobody had done a review explaining why it was bullshit or whatever, people got it.

Today? You have people going "HOW DID X23 GET ADAMANTIUM BODY AT THAT AGE? HER BONES WILL GROW AND COATED IN ADAMANTIUM SHE WILL EITHER DIE OR NEVER GROW 0/10 WOULD NOT PIRATE!"

That shit didn't happen in 2001.
>>
>>81736904
Genuine question, do you need to wear a helmet when you go outside?
>>
File: 1491626797365.jpg (78KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491626797365.jpg
78KB, 600x800px
>>81736582
>tfw playing this for the first time
>>
Do RLM guys have any black friends?
>>
>>81737640
This is just not the case. The reviews were mixed when it came out, with most people noticing that it was very pretty but the story and characters were garbage.
>>
>>81737001
He's right, though.
>>
you're a retard if you think that wasn't a great way to illustrate the obvious, simple, point:

you can't remember the characters because they are fucking boring
>>
>>81734916
>"without describing their role"
>"C3PO is the comic relief"
>>
File: fidel.jpg (44KB, 468x484px) Image search: [Google]
fidel.jpg
44KB, 468x484px
>>81738047
>tfw iktf
>>
>>81734916
You forgot with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
Reddit Letter Memeia
>>
>>81737640
People didn't dislike episode 1 because they didn't understand it. They disliked it because it was a bad movie. The dialogue was bad. The acting was bad. The story was bad. Jar Jar was bad. Lucas's CGI boner made the movie outright cartoonish rather than impressive. It was objectively bad, and many, many people disliked it when when it was released. It had nothing to do with plot holes and everything to do with it simply being an irritating, unenjoyable mess of a film.
>>
>>81734916
The first time I saw the Plinkett review I was like 14 and took it as gospel now I just hate Mike and others of his ken for ruining Star Wars

Rich said on the Rogue One review, I believe, that Star Wars is too limited to do anything other than sporadic summer blockbusters every ten years or so.

I really don't care if the old books and games aren't canon anymore but this kind of attitude comes from the very real but very ignorant attitude of American moviegoers that everything that's fantastical has to be a simple black and white good vs evil adventure flick and anything nuanced is for autistic fanboys

I'm not saying that's their honest belief but its a symptom of similar thoughts
>>
For you
>>
>Shill Letter Memedia
>>
>>81737640
>"HOW DID X23 GET ADAMANTIUM BODY AT THAT AGE? HER BONES WILL GROW AND COATED IN ADAMANTIUM SHE WILL EITHER DIE OR NEVER GROW

Tbh this was genuinely my feeling seeing it.

Movies want to ride the line and appear realistic and gritty, so it's harder to suspend disbelief. If you just say "eh whatever it's magic" that's fine.

The worst part is that they could fix it with a throwaway line about "new adamantium alloy that will grow with the bone". It's really not hard to give pseudoscience cover to your bullshit.

If your argument is literally "eh it's a movie, it's just for fun" then you require zero consistency or thought, you abandon any right to judge anything.

>Look, if you've watched Episode 1 10 times you're gonna find fucking faults. But on the first viewing, in the cinema, where nobody had done a review

People still thought it was dumb. I know because I was there and I was a lot younger too. If anything I gave Lucas way too much credit as a director and thought he'd build off all the loose ends and pointless characters.

Instead he literally retconned his own prequel movie in the second one.
>>
>>81736455
I think that RLM criticism on the characters is a tad bit hamfisted but appropriated.
Otoh, I never understood what is so complicated to understand in a trade blockade.
The bad thing is that the effects are not really shown.
>>
>>81738552
>The first time I saw the Plinkett review I was like 14 and took it as gospel now I just hate Mike and others of his ken for ruining Star Wars

Wow.... I'm glad I got to 30 without being THIS assblasted by people who don't like some things.
>>
>>81735025

Wilful seems a better word, but I don't know if wilful would contradict measured.
>>
>>81738981
Not being mad about literally everything in culture is why white America is on the verge of collapse

I'd rather be criticized for complaining then for apathy
>>
>>81737163
You might be in the spectrum
I will pray for you and your family
>>
Retard Plebbit Mememia
>>
>>81739061
>white America

Say no more senpai, ur argument is lit af.
>>
File: 1432563135734.gif (927KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1432563135734.gif
927KB, 250x230px
>>81734916
>everyone in this thread trying to pretend Qui-Gon Jinn is a genuinely well written character just to be contrary
>>
>>81739253
Nah, w just think that he is roguish,smarmy, cocksure, dashing, and a thief with a heart of gold.
Also, totally sexy.
>>
File: nazi-rally-in-tennessee.jpg (105KB, 607x479px) Image search: [Google]
nazi-rally-in-tennessee.jpg
105KB, 607x479px
ITT: advertisers working for Disney

Sieg Heil
>>
>>81739592
God damn I would like to insert my penis into that nazi chick
>>
File: rots-younglings.gif (476KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
rots-younglings.gif
476KB, 320x213px
>>81735991
>"This child saves the galaxy and kills the evil Emperor."
You mean that child murderer?
>>
>>81735939
I-IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN UNFUNNY PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!
>>
>>81736507
Nah Palpatine would have still become Emperor anyway whether it was as Sheev or Sidious, He would have kept Dooku as apprentice as well
>>
>>81736401
>It basically painted the prequels as inherently broken, inherently wrong and inherently bad.
Even during the plinkett reviews they give many observations on changes that would make the story work much better. They never say the entire concept is flawed.
>>
>>81736401
>Whereas Lucas took Star Wars, purposely went out of his way to create something new and original.
And ended up failing miserably, you forgot that part.
>>
>>81734916
Uncoventional, wise, risk taker and supportive.
>>
>>81737640
>But on the first viewing, in the cinema, where nobody had done a review explaining why it was bullshit or whatever, people got it.
People were shitting on it from day one. I know you weren't even born yet back then, but don't just go making up shit.
>>
>>81734916
I'd rather see another poorly executed sequel trilogy from George Lucas with an all white cast than these rehashes of the original trilogy with a subhuman cast of kikes, spics, niggers. at least George Lucas would have attempted to do something new.
>>
File: rlm atstatst.jpg (153KB, 1200x556px) Image search: [Google]
rlm atstatst.jpg
153KB, 1200x556px
>>81734916
I was perfectly happy with RLM shitting all over the prequels for fun until they turned 180 and came all over TFA for being a soulless patronising simulacrum, then immediately tried to salvage it by turning 360 and shitting all over Rogue One for exactly the things that TFA did much more egregiously
>>
>>81734916
>When did you grow out of RLM?
These guys are terrific.
>>
>>81741145
Even though it pains me, I unfortunately have to agree with you.

I thought the "le sweaty nigger" was a joke until I watched the trailer.
>>
>>81735811
>"never impressed with anything"
Good job proving you've never seen all the reviews where they talk about movies they liked, like the first Ghostbusters.
>>
>>81735727
>>81735856
>>81736042
>>81737114
lmao dumb RLM drones
>>
>the extremely common opinion of disliking Star wars episode 1 2 and 3 is now something that gets you labelled as a RLM fan, even though that sentiment existed way before their review, back when the movies came out
>>
>>81736468
If people have to claim that RLM is the reason those movies are hated then yes, they are triggered and are looking for the cheapest excuse to discard the opposition's arguments.
>>
You can't argue with RLM fanboys, they will use every fallacy they know about and then just accuse you of taking things too seriously when they are the one angrily defending their internet friends against any kind of criticism
>>
>>81741145
I'm not fussed about the obvious diversity push so much, and I love TFA in the cinema, but a week later I was left cold.
My daughter is a huge SW fan. TFA basically killed that.
>>
>>81734916
funny thing is you could do the same with all the OT characters too
>>
>>81741489
>even though that sentiment existed way before their review, back when the movies came out
This is insanely wrong. They are the most popular film series of the century, so far. Take off your RLM blinders.
>>
Nerd Crew episodes lighting up too many bloated ass web shows, so badly their shills are getting paid to bring attention to the guys doing it? Brilliant strategy if i do say so myself, maybe get on of your youtube let's play groups to do it, too?
>>
>>81741569
Oh yeah I'm sure Jar Jar was a beloved character that totally wasn't used as a symbol for the hatred of these movies. You might as well say the Bayformers movies are beloved cause they sold a lot of tickets.
>>
I've only ever watched a couple of episodes of their shit and it was just

SO

FUCKING

BORING

You could be watching a film. Just pick something you haven't seen out of a top 100 films list. Form your own (not trash) opinions. Don't waste time on this shit.
>>
File: 1441866963664.jpg (142KB, 450x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1441866963664.jpg
142KB, 450x1200px
>>81739642
>>
>>81741589
another paranoid RLM conspiracy theory
>>
>>81741614
I disagree.
>>
>>81741319
I honestly thought Boyega was alright in the film, but the forced diversity was utter cancer, especially in Rogue One. I don't care about brown people, and neither do most of Star Wars' fanbase.
>>
>>81741612
underage confirmed
>>
File: giorgio.jpg (14KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
giorgio.jpg
14KB, 214x317px
>>81734916
i found the review entertaining, but that's because i love watching people shit on movies, doesn't mean i don't like the prequels

the problem with people is that they are sheep, it's popular on the internet to hate the prequels so they hate them too, their brain compels them to follow the herd they can't help it

maybe George Lucas should've spent more time on advertisement and bribes and endorsement and less on trying to make a good story and/or please the fans, these same people, including RLM would praise it as some classic today
>>
You gotta check out jays vlog. It explains the mindset of redletter media. As media creators they seem to not care about fan reactions in an almost contemptuous way but jay really breaks it down and explains their true intentions.
>>
>>81741569
You must be of age to post on this message board, anon.
>>
>>81742103
> go to his vlog
>no new videos for two years
>click random link
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4nG7NvcCGc
Are you trying to bamboozle me.
>>
>>81734916
>When did you grow out of RLM?

When they criticized RO the same way as TFA without realizing that RO was about 10x more original of a story. "member at-ats" is not a valid criticism on its own.
>>
File: 1450107128673.jpg (36KB, 650x753px) Image search: [Google]
1450107128673.jpg
36KB, 650x753px
>>81734916
they all say wise

name three (3) instances in the movie where he acts independent minded or hardheaded, or measured

and no, obi wan SAYING "you always defy the council" does not count
>>
>>81742331
>Are you trying to bamboozle me.
He is. RLM thinks this sort of thing is the height of "humour"
>>
>>81736694
RLM did point it out in the Plinkett TFA but I did notice it too that when TFA was coming out and SW was getting hyped to hell and back again. All the merchandise was related to the OT and TFA only.

The prequels were suppose to stick with kids and logically follow through pander to them by this time but when you say Star Wars to people that grew up around the Prequel release, they only think of things from the OT beyond Darth Maul and the Pod race.
>>
File: 1474904363507.jpg (56KB, 550x598px) Image search: [Google]
1474904363507.jpg
56KB, 550x598px
>>81735485
>paper thin
>>
>>81742370
>"member at-ats" is not a valid criticism on its own.
You realize there's an entire 40 minute discussion after that joke in the beginning of the video right?
>>
File: at-st.webm (912KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
at-st.webm
912KB, 1280x720px
>>81742423
The height of YouTube film criticism, according to /tv/: a dancing monkey.
>>
>>81742412
>uses his force powers to control the gungans leader
>tries to use his force powers on watto
>uses his force powers to cheat
>decided to train Anakin anyway
>>
>>81742413
I suppose it doesn't hold a candle to that show where the smart one burps.
>>
>>81742484
You realize there's an entire 40 minute discussion after that joke in the beginning of the video right?
>>
The thing I don't understand about Mike is how he LOVES ep7 but HATES r1 even though they do the same exact things
>>
>>81737640
>But on the first viewing, in the cinema, where nobody had done a review explaining why it was bullshit or whatever, people got it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxbPybTg08E
>>
>>81742423
It's been a while since I've seen it, but I'll rewatch it. I don't remember the criticism straying far from their TFA stuff.
>>
File: amynotfunny.jpg (51KB, 700x540px) Image search: [Google]
amynotfunny.jpg
51KB, 700x540px
>>81734916
>>
>>81742484
This is so bad. Why do people take them seriously?
>>
>>81742544
That may be so, but truly intellectual content must never be blemished through association with physical tomfoolery.
>>
>>81742302
then why are you here?
>>
>>81742539
three times he uses his force powers to take advantage of someone is not being independent it's being shady or conniving

deciding to train anakin is the only instance, and it's so glossed over and not supported by anything else in his character you barely read it as a character defining moment
>>
/tv/ really gets bent out of shape when anyone says anything negative about RLM.
>>
File: 68n46n8946n8946n89.png (615KB, 733x867px) Image search: [Google]
68n46n8946n8946n89.png
615KB, 733x867px
>>81741249
>>
>>81742637
>N-no, y-you!
>>
>>81742632

So despite being a wannabe film connoisseur you'd throw out Laurel & Hardy, Harold Lloyd, Chaplin and the other masters of slapstick?

>ishygddt
>>
>>81742651
>/tv/
It's one guy who is obsessed with youtube reviewers, like the guy who posts kate from lost
>>
>>81734916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q-hV8rKQw4
>>
>>81742650
it's being independent because he is following his own set of rules and not what the code says and is abusing his powers more like a sith would do

the only people that did that were him and Obi-Wan later on who was his students and Luke
>>
>>81734958
It's a funny segment in a comedic youtube video, not a scientific study
>>
>>81742716
I sure hope so.
>>
>>81742746
at that point in the movie you have no idea if that's considered standard procedure among the jedi or not, since up until then the only other jedi youve seen from the OT have also done it in the same way

PLUS he does all those things in order to follow the orders he's been given

and finally, characterizing someone by what they do only and not what they do + how they act is shitty characterization. But i wont count that against you because i didnt originally ask for it
>>
>>81735931
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.
>>
>>81742621
/tv/ is full of morons and so is YT
>>
>>81740494
Hilarious. I was 12 when it came out, I understood it, yet guess what, fuck boy? You knew Episode fucking 2 was coming and you fucking expected any problems to be explained them. You know, not everything has to be 20 mins of exposition so you understand everything. Shitting on it on day 1? I'm sure. You know, when 56kb was still a regular speed for people, so everybody went "Youtube: Episode 1 Review" (protip, Youtube didn't exist in 2001, now YOU weren't alive then, your dad didn't fuck up his pullout at that point with your whore of a mother, so you've not grown up without Youtube, but it didn't exist at one point :OOOOO!!!!!!!!) totally, didn't they? No. They didn't. The vast majority of people went in blind and if you go in blind to a film with the sole purpose of pointing out plotholes or inconsistencies (inconsistencies which don't become apparent until all prequels are produced) then that's a whole level of autism. But most people didn't do that. So most people didn't notice unless they did multiple screenings.

>>81742580
At the time, during the actual film, very few people were getting a note pad out and writing down the stuff that didn't make sense. Did second and third time viewers? I'm sure. But Episode 1 was fucking huge and there were dozens of cinemas soldout in hours. Going into it fucking blind, as many people did, is different than having fuck loads of PLOTHOLES OF [INSERT FILM] YOUTUBE #1003.

>>81738504
I never disagreed with this. I never stated whether it was good or not, the argument in the thread was people couldn't understand it when people could. It being shit wasn't relevant to the conversation.

>>81738054
Again, I don't disagree. But the point was understanding the story, not if it was any good.
>>
>>81742484
>YouTube film criticism
Wow what a prestigious medium
>>
>>81742540
HAHA lol holy shit you just reminded me I have to start watching that show
>>
>>81743599
Some of us take it very seriously.
>>
>>81734916
I watched the RLM TPM review when I was a kid who thought Dane Cook was fucking hilarious, and even then I sat through the entire video and thought it was shit.

It blows my mind how well mediocrity sells.
>>
>>81743925
because you self admittedly have no sense of humor
>>
>>81743974
Name 5 funny things about Plinkett
>>
>>81743974
Dane Cook's comedy is literally funnier and better written than RLM.
>>
>>81743925
>RLM TPM review when I was a kid
If you were a kid then, you are young still

Fuck off retarded millenial
>>
>>81744034
I'm 28.
>>
>>81744009
no :^)
>>
>>81744009
HE RPS A SERIAL KILLER xDDD LOL AND SHE GOT THE COPS.

AND HIS VOICE LOL
>>
>>81743599
>anti-intellectualism
>just like the Nazis
>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.