[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 36

File: 1492363642743.jpg (29KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
1492363642743.jpg
29KB, 770x433px
No Doctor announcement today edition

GB "tries" to strike back with fake news >>81728846
>>
Lads I'd turn on BBC1 in 5 mins if I were you.
>>
Reminder that there will be no Doctor announcement today or any time soon. They'll have to do a live show like they did with Capaldi and today's rumours have been proven false.
>>
How happy are you guys going to be when GB is BTFO by the Kris Marshall announcement?
>>
File: missy prototype.jpg (476KB, 1280x714px) Image search: [Google]
missy prototype.jpg
476KB, 1280x714px
Best Master edition
>>
>it's a newfags fall for the 3pm announcement meme episode
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyYIA_wj-U Hey guys
>>
>>81731858
It's someone from GB doing it, I guarantee it. They're even samefagging to make it look like people believe them.
>>
>>81731841
But the same sources got the last two Doctors right, so why don't you believe they did this time? Kris Marshall will be following Rory Kinnear just like Rory Kinnear followed Paterson Joseph.
>>
File: 1492434675946.jpg (40KB, 475x269px) Image search: [Google]
1492434675946.jpg
40KB, 475x269px
Big news at 3pm today. RTD was on set. Apparently filming a McGann episode.
>>
>>81731872
Best youtuber!
Been with him since "day of the doctor ." His arrow/flash videos are informative
>>
>>81731898
>filming a McGann episode
>in Capaldi's tardis
>>
Can't say more, but I would really advise being near a telly at 3pm today. Might wanna switch to BBC. Can't say more.
>>
The first episode was atrocious.
>bill has no personality, typical sassy quirky lolsorandom female companion, the only character moffat knows how to write
>the whole episode nothing happens, they're being chased by a water monster, the monster appears, they run into the tardis, fly to a new location, talk, monster appears, they run into the tardis, fly to a new location, talk, monster appears, i'm not exaggerating this is the whole episode
>even though they're being chased by a monster that takes the form of water every time the tardis lands bill sticks her face right next to a water source and gets attacked every time, no joke
>epic quips for tumblr like "why do you run like a penguin" and "it's a kitchen" (the inside of the tardis)
The mass positive reception to this episode has only further strengthened my belief /who/ is filled with 13 year old boys who think everything related to their favorite show is amazing. They don't have the ability to critically evaluate it because "mum it's my favorite show".
>>
>>81731896
I wasn't even aware of a source. Even if it is Marshall, they're not announcing it today. They're going to do it during the ratings slump at the end of the series more likely, or in between the finale and Christmas special. That's basic publicity.
>>
>>81731891
>them
>>
>>81731915
I really like how he gets his info from Wikipedia. But makes it fun by dragging any soul out of it
>>
>>81731891
>It's someone from GB doing it, I guarantee it
How are you this new but also know what gallifreybase is? The idea that anybody from there knows enough about /who/ to come here and try and trick us is straight up delusional. They don't care

The "3pm tomorrow" thing has been a /who/ meme for weeks now, and the "RTD seen on set" thing has been a /who/ meme for months.
>>
>>81731923
>he isn't aware of the RTD minisode meme

Fuck off and die, newfag
>>
>>81731931
>The mass positive reception to this episode

No such thing
>>
>>81731923
Its only a plogical. Anything could happen.
>>
big news @ 3pm today
>>
>>81731929
For LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.
>>
What I would give to kidnap Nardole and make his life a living hell. I would force him to dress up in elf and leprechaun outfits and subject him to pure awfulness and humiliation. Just terrible degradation and shameful acts. It would be so easy to break his spirit and drive him to suicide, but I wouldn’t let him do it. If I could train a dog to rape on command, then I would totally do that as well, a really big dog like a mastiff. He would be so completely and utterly powerless to stop it, not to mention terrified. A big ass dog is even scary and life-threatening to a normal man, but to Nardole? Might as well be a dragon. I’d keep him in a cell and what’s more is that I would actually place a key inside with him but put it in a high place. Not extremely high but just ever so slight out of reach. It would drive him mad. I would dress him like a baby and feed him 99 cent store baby food. I’d also pick him like a child and toss him from one corner to the next. I’d grab him by one leg and swing him as hard and as fast as I could then hurl him to see how far he goes. I’d rent one of those giant inflatable bounce houses and body slam him all day until my arms got tired. I’d hold him down with one hand and slowly stick things up his butt just to see him squirm. I would stick him in dryers and turn them on and leave him in there for long periods of time. I’d force him to fight David Walliams to the death. Just so many things I would do.
>>
>>81731931
>bill has no personality
weak bait
>>
Noob here, redpill me on plogicals
>>
File: peter-capaldi.png (478KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
peter-capaldi.png
478KB, 1136x640px
>>81732012
w-what
>>
>>81731969
I'm aware of the 3pm meme (which is much more than a few weeks old lol) but I'm sure it's a coincidence that the GB troll also chose that time. Someone posted the obviously-not-Eccleston scene just before that, which was taken straight from GB. And I know it could be one of our agents there simply crossposting it but why would they take it seriously?
>>
Hearing talk that the villain in the christmas special and the cause of Capaldis death will be a giant Turkey monster. Don't ask for my source. Hes a naughty boy
>>
>thread is already like 8% over
>no one's mentioned wanting to cum inside Heather

I want to cum inside Heather!
>>
>>81732036
It's Sammi Carter's interpretation of the words "prequel" and/or "prologue"
>>
holy shit guys
turn on bbc news
i'm crying
poor matt
>>
Thread reminder that The Pilot was kino
>>
>>81732072
Any videos where he says it?
>>
>>81732080
Matt just can't get a break, I swear this is the 15th time he's died from heroin overdose.
>>
File: lmao.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Finale scene
>>
holy shit guys
turn on bbc news at 3pm
im crying
poor hayley
>>
>>81732024
Le epic quirky sassy lolsorandum black lady is not a personality.
>>
>>81732126
good thing that's not what she is then
>>
>>81732056
>(which is much more than a few weeks old lol)
My sense of time is really bad because I'm a loser with no life but it's one of /who/'s most recent memes

>but I'm sure it's a coincidence that the GB troll also chose that time.
lol

yeah, they're invading our thread and just happened to accidentally exactly replicate a /who/ meme. get a grip
>>
>>81732117
Is that Simm regenerating?!
>>
What was that obscure YouTube channel /who/ used to meme about years back, videos only ever got like 40 views and it was this one guy whose name I forgot (I think he had black hair and was a bit big) and a bunch of others that did like podcasts/videos/reactions to episodes?

People used to pretend to be the guy and post the videos here
>>
>>81732126
quote one thing she said that was random
>>
>>81732139
Oh yeah, she's a lesbian, I forgot that makes her an incredibly detailed character.

>>81732174
It's like a kitchen xD.
>>
>>81732147
I mean, there only 24 hours they can choose for the announcement, and that narrows down to like 12 when you exclude teatime, early morning etc. for being unlikely.

Also I only think it's one person from GB, I'm not >>81731809
>>
>>81732186
that wasn't random, there's explicit logic involved with the comparison
>>
>>81732024
>>81732174
stop replying to the bait, they literally copy-paste the post in every thread
>>
>>81732186
>It's like a kitchen xD
Moffat's genius writing knows no bounds
>>
>>81731872
THE MUSIC AT THE END, SAUCE ME PLZ
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTDpLJfZiic
post your favourite reviewer
>>
>>81732056
The "Eccleston scene" was posted here and on GB at almost the same time, and also retweeted by at least three accounts that have since been deleted.

It's not GB trying to troll us, it's just someone trying to troll GB, and us, and everyone else they can think of. And that someone is much more likely to be a /who/ regular than a GB regular.
>>
>>81732213
Pretty sure it's just The Majestic Tale (50th anniversary version)?
>>
>>81732153
Real Whovians

matrixlord212

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUFZ1jLzQrw
>>
>>81732237
ROGUE TWITTER USERS!

MATT WHELAN WARNED US BUT WE DIDN'T LISTEN!
>>
>>81732247
Correction, it's just the original version without the added acoustic guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCHfVZIAZ6s
>>
What if it's a vengeful pensioner from Planet Mondas, angry that we tried to pin the last GB war on their website?
>>
Whoa.. hold on a minute. It looks as if you guys have made a wrong turn. There is already a place for Doctor Who discussion known as reddit. Here is a link to where you should be, just make sure you don't make the mistake of posting on /tv/ again.
http://www.reddit.com/r/gallifrey/
>>
I love Doctor Who and I love /who/!
>>
File: 0011-1325436088942.jpg (53KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
0011-1325436088942.jpg
53KB, 330x330px
It was a mediocre episode.

I am really sad for Capaldi. He got the absolute worst writing and stories from all the new Doctors... which is a pity since he is an excellent actor.
>>
holy shit guys
turn on bbc news
i'm crying
poor ness

Class has been cancelled
>>
>>81732309
/who/'s had an eternal general since 2012, boardie. how have you only just noticed
>>
new dr is a qt 3.141592
>>
>>81732262
>he's still bitching about clara
>>
>>81732237
What is trolls gb name?
>>
>>81732237
What makes you think it's a troll? Who are you implying is behind it?
It's not eccles, it's just a guy who looks like him with a low quality shakycam. There's no scam involved.
>>
big news this arvo
>>
>>81732262
Did matrixlord and Sammi fall out? Haven't seen them in a video together for a while.
>>
>>81732309
/who/ has been on this board much longer than you, lad
>>
File: intelligent.jpg (1MB, 4030x4096px) Image search: [Google]
intelligent.jpg
1MB, 4030x4096px
>>81732207
Another genius part that may of gone over your head was that Bill eventually said the classic "it's bigger on the inside" line to which Nardole responded with, "we got there in the end". Just genius. It's a cliché line the companions say but Moffat completely subverted our expectations by not having Bill say it, only for her to eventually say it, then use a brilliant comedy line from Nardole to break the fourth wall and give the audience a cheeky yet intelligent wink.
>tfw intelligent enough to identify and analyse all the genius intricacies of moffat's writing
>>
>>81732228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyYIA_wj-U
>>
No need for your trolling thanks.

Cheers,

Jon Blum
>>
>>81732289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw
>>
>>81732351
>you
>>
Go back to /dwg/
>>
>>81732381
fuck off you alopecia ridden ball bag
>>
>>81732363
Bill's actual "bigger on the inside" line was pretty shit
The way she said it was like she was implying the Doctor himself didn't know
>>
Big news today. 3pm.
>>
>>81732317
Fuck off, board trip. What is the point of tripping across the WHOLE of /tv/ if you don't have anything to contribute. Your opinion is especially worthless here as it goes against every major critic, IMDB ratings and /who/ ranks Who.
>>
>>81732317
I'm only one series into Capaldi, but I think the story has improved from the tail end of Smith.
Mainly because River's not showing up telling people she's Vanessa's uncle's sisters brother's boy and she beat the entire Cybermen fleet by making them cower in their tin boots.
And Clara is actually acting like a real person again.
Unless we take a U-turn in series 9 I wouldn't say it's the worst writing, not while the Amy's pregnant with River and actually a plastic mutant hidden away storyline exists.
And not while the 50th is a thing.
>>
>>81732289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCk4RiKH9H0
>>
I am just praying that if we get an announcement it is not going to be Kris Marshall. I would rather have a doggo as the Doctor than him.
>>
I'd love for the new doctor to be a pretty, wise woman. Moderately feminine too, not a Sue Perkins-esque look.

If the Doctor did regen into a woman, I think
she would enjoy it, but she wouldn't step into creepy crossdresser territory/The Wasp Factory.
>>
File: fuck offerino.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fuck offerino.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
shit thread
>>
>>81732351
You sound worried, anon. Are you ok?
>>
Holliday Grainger confirmed.
>>
What's happening at 3pm??
>>
>>81732476
>Hermione Granger
please god no
>>
>>81732459
>she wouldn't step into creepy crossdresser territory/The Wasp Factory.
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>81732459
If it's going to be a woman, I'd prefer someone classic. Like Judie Dench or that woman who played Mary Poppins.
Mainly because with the way the show's being written I don't think I could handle two series 7 Clara's running around, it'd be awful.

Whoopi Goldberg will always be my first choice for a female Doctor but she's not British so I'm buggered there.
>>
I have a dissertation to finish, yet here I am anxiously praying that it is not Kris Marshall.
>>
>>81732494
All your hopes and dreams
>>
>>81732406
Don't know why they even included it. The reveal of her standing by the door while the the camera panned backwards was great, her "kitchen" lines and whatever were all fine, but then they milked it for too long

I think the episode declines pretty obviously in quality once the TARDIS gets involved, actually. The plot was already on the light-side, which was forgivable because they were introducing Bill, but then Moff sort of gives up on really trying to have a proper episode and just makes it a tour of the universe instead.

Still, it wasn't a bad episode and better than a few previous series openers.
>>
I hypothesise that, if Chibbers would like to cast a girl, he'd choose an actress slightly outside of his wheelhouse - a 'fantasy' actress like Dormer or Atwell.
>>
Whoa.. hold on a minute. It looks as if you guys have made a wrong turn. There is already a place for Doctor Who discussion known as reddit. Here is a link to where you should be, just make sure you don't make the mistake of posting on /tv/ again.
http://www.reddit.com/r/gallifrey/
>>
>>81732494
I want to know too!

Have been on for a few weeks because Pikeys stole my areas Internet cable.
>>
They're not going to randomly tweet out the identity of the next Doctor. They will announce in advance that they are doing a television reveal, just like they did with Smith and Capaldi, and then that will air.
>>
>>81732428
>you don't have anything to contribute

a.k.a.

>I don't agree with you, so you don't contribute when you are actually contributing and your opinion is worthless!

k

>major critic, IMDB ratings and /who/ ranks Who

Which only supports my claims, newfriend.

>>81732435
>I think the story has improved from the tail end of Smith.

That can be argued, and I agree to a point, sure, but overall Capaldi's arc has been an abortion (with one single exception) and the writers need to be fired en masse.

I liked the 50th
>>
>>81732540
Sorry there champ, I'll go back to posting Bane on another thread, sorry about the discussion of a tv show here.
>>
THAT'S IT
I'M FED UP WITH ALL THE PASTA IN THIS THREAD
IF YOU POST ONE MORE BIT OF COPYPASTA I'M DELETING THE WIKI
>>
>>81732578
It's "deleting the wikia"
>>
>>81732578
ZA IS NO LEADER!
>>
>>81732506
no Doctor feeling herself up, please, it wouldn't be in character.

Not like Mels to River, basically.
>>
>>81732578
DO IT

Cheers,
Jon Blum
>>
>>81732578
Some bad news guys. /who/ passed away. He and I actually know each other and well, I just thought I would pass the news on. So yeah. Sorry if I brought any of you down. If anyone has any kind words, I'll gladly write them down and pass them onto his mother.

He fell into a pit and died in agony whilst screaming for his mother... god this sucks.
>>
>>81732597
>>81732601
I'M REALLY GOING TO DO IT YOU GUYS
THE WIKI WILL BE GONE FOREVER AND ALL YOUR MEMES FORGOTTEN
>>
>>81732549
>Which only supports my claims, newfriend.

I looked through 4plebs mate, I've been here much longer than you've been tripping, boardie scum. If you aren't part of the 75% of regulars who prefer Moffat you can just leave right now
>>
File: 1461968586977.jpg (204KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461968586977.jpg
204KB, 853x480px
>>81732329
Now there's a meme I could believe
>>
Sky News anon here.

Vicky McClure is the 13th Doctor. There's going to be an announcement to help boost Broadchurch tonight.
>>
>>81732599
Eleven would feel himself up
>>
>>81732578
>>
>>81732540
Better posting about Doctor Who than Bane and *buurp* bring back the Schezuan sauce because Rick & Morty said so.
>>
>>81732599
Sex change horror is a bit adult for Who.
>>
all this thread is missing is wikiafrog
>>
>>81732626
Yes this is bait but I'll bite just to ask you why you'd think the BBC would want to boost an ITV drama?
>>
>>81732578
anon was a total drunk he did nothing in life he was a waste of life that's what his mother always said she abused him but he said that what made him what he is a crack head living on the side of the street he banged prostitution on the street almost every night no one knows how he afforded it. he had a child named Kevin he accidentally drowned at a pool when anon wasn't paying attention he was only 6 anon left his girl and died a consomme man until he was hit by a bus then good bye anon.
>>
>>81732626
How the hell would that boost Broadchurch?
>>
File: 0002-1325434956652.png (111KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
0002-1325434956652.png
111KB, 320x300px
>>81732616
>I've been here much longer than you've been tripping

I have nothing more to add. Thanks for the laughs mate, jolly good time.
>>
>>81732642
HAPPY FOURTEENTH BIRTHDAY!
>>
>>81732648
Maybe he meant Line of Duty but that would have to have been yesterday.
>>
>>81732642
You know where to go, right?
>>
I know this woman at my work who is a big fan of Doctor Who. She is currently having a birthday this month and everyone at the office will be getting her something. The problem is she's a 4chan shitposter and I have no idea what to buy for this kind of person.

This is not a joke, this is not a copypasta, all I want are some suggestions and possibly ones that don't get me banned from 4chan.
>>
>>81732659
Ok bye cats!
>>
I've been reading Tom Marshall's reviews of Broadchurch? Season 3.
Is it anti-male propaganda?
>>
>>81732595
Nobody calls it the wikia
>>
>>81732676
the wiki to get all the best wikiafrog memes and then post them on /who/?
>>
Do the new doctor who books come out this week? I remember seeing there were 3 coming out and they actually sounded quite good for a change. Have missed not having these out recently.
>>
>>81731853

That's not Delgado.
>>
>>81732681
Suck her clit as a goof
>>
>>81732689
You've been reading the reviews, why are you asking us?
>>
upset?
(poorly drawn frog with a bowler hat)
>>
Moff & co really went all the way with Series 6.
It was a cool story, but it didn't personally interest me. It felt a bit introspective.
>>
>>81732700
That's not Norman Stanley.
>>
>>81732690
>wasn't here for the memes about 'wikia' last week
>being this new
>>
>>81732689
Tom is an SJW faggot so yeah
>>
>>81732681
Sounds like Belle, just get her a sonic screwdriver dildo or something
>>
>>81732689
It's definitely gone downhill. I stopped watching at some point.
>>
>>81732712
I mean, just 'cause men are biologically programmed to fuck doesn't mean being male is inherently evil. Only a sick fuck would think that.
>>
Anyone for a comfy stream? Regulars only.
>>
Everyone's underestimating Chinball.

His first series will be GOAT.

Screencap this.
>>
>>81732747
You didn't answer my question.
>>
>>81732747
And beta males have HUGE repression issues.
Even if they decide to transition, they just become moody lesbians.
>>
File: tenor.gif (728KB, 498x268px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
728KB, 498x268px
Bill's well written and all but is she this qt?
>>
File: who2015-5.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
who2015-5.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who weren't here for the creation of every meme on this image
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?tv=Xa1FWHJPgt8
>>
>>81732780
No that's Clara. Keep trying
>>
>>81732736
Sorry that your "wikia" meme hasn't caught on. Try to keep your spirits up
>>
GOD I LOVE THIS MEME
FUCK OFFERINO
MY OPENION DOESNT MATCH YOUS SO FUCK OFFFFF
AAAAAA IM SO HURT RIGHT NOW
STOP THAT I HATE YOU MORON
RETARD
FUCK OFF PLEASE
FUCK OF
DOWN SYNDROME
>>
>>81732782
That's because real people have lives, anon.
>>
>>81732757
We should stream Whovians
>>
>>81732796
HAPPY FOURTEENTH BIRTHDAY
>>
>>81732740
Tom is a nice guy, but he's just seems away with the fairies.
>>
>>81732782
Some fuckers weren't even here for the trash meme stage where we got Mongo, Jazz Hands, Martha's Crooked Teeth and other cancers. That's how new they are. And of course, they've never had to live through any forced memery so they push their own awful memes, unaware of the consequences.
>>
I've been here for years and started the 3:PM meme should I name myself ''Announcement at 3:PM GMT??
>>
File: 1492434868921.jpg (108KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1492434868921.jpg
108KB, 1280x738px
>there are people itt who are not looking forward to pic related as the best thing in the series

Shame
>>
>>81732381
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plageuis the wise?
>>
Eccleston is back.
>>
>>81732844
jazz hands is a good meme though
it produced original content and got good laughs
not like "repeat the same image/phrase" like mongo and crooked teeth
>>
>>81732844
>Mongo, Jazz Hands, Martha's Crooked Teeth

well now that you've namedropped these, I think every single shitpost box has been ticked. And to think we're only halfway through the thread
>>
Broadchurch was full of actors affecting Devonshire accents shouting at each other. Actually really good, but :(
>>
come join casualwhostream guys
>>
>>81732839
his autism is extreme
>>
>>81732846
Get a trip
>>
cytu DOT be/r/casualwhostream
>>
File: 1443656863889.png (156KB, 357x336px) Image search: [Google]
1443656863889.png
156KB, 357x336px
>tfw you've been here since the inception of /who/ and some boardie calls you new
>>
get in the stream, gonna be watching random stuff. Escape on season /who/.
>>
Doctor Who is so weird it triggers my 'tism.
Hours of fun!
>>
File: Good.jpg (7KB, 185x181px) Image search: [Google]
Good.jpg
7KB, 185x181px
>>81732642
>>
>>81732886
Should have studied STEM.
>>
WHILE YOU'RE SHITPOSTING, DON'T FORGET THE GREEN CROSS CODE
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SPLINK
>>
>>81732886
How is he autistic, desu?
>>
>>81732645

Fuck knows anon, i just do broadcast reviews.
>>
Where is the announcement?
>>
>>81732955
Questions are meant to end with "desu ka", anon
>>
>>81732955
>he
>>
>>81732549
Good thing the writers are leaving, got a new director, I'm worried it might turn worse though.
For all the things I don't like about Moffat's Doctor Who, at least the Doctor escaped a lot of the bad writing. As a character, Capaldi's the best Doctor we've had for some time.

However, new doctor, new writer, will be interesting to see where it goes at least, even if I stop watching after an episode.

>Liking the 50th
Get a load of this guy with his opinion he's allowed to have
>>
File: 0102-1375702154574.png (21KB, 662x157px) Image search: [Google]
0102-1375702154574.png
21KB, 662x157px
>>81732459
>woman
>>
>Colin Baker charging £20 for an autograph
Fat, tight arsed, pie stuffing bastard
>>
>>81732978
3pm
>>
Mr Neko
>>
>>81732978

3pm yesterday
>>
>>81733044
I won't be happy until The Doctor regenerates into a Corgi
>>
>>81733097
Time travel.
>>
>>81733046
Nigga the autograph price at conventions is not chosen purely by the actor.
>>
File: 0022-1375690619976.jpg (360KB, 1088x968px) Image search: [Google]
0022-1375690619976.jpg
360KB, 1088x968px
>>81733043
Why can't we get new writers/storylines yet keep the same Doctor for a bit more? Let him shine.

>I'm worried it might turn worse though

Quite possible. I'll give them a chance ofc.
>>
File: M_e_m_e___M_a_c_h_i_n_e_.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
M_e_m_e___M_a_c_h_i_n_e_.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
I'm so happy that in the next weekend I will hear IT SPEAKS EMOJI for the last time, I swear for god...
>>
>>81733044
I don't know how tumblr would react if the next Doctor was someone like Tom Hiddleston or Cumberbatch, it'd be on the one hand, another white male, and on the other, someone they fawn over.
>>
>>81733046
>£20
Better than the $80 AUD I spent to get an autograph from Jenna Coleman
>>
>>81733141
>all these plebs not attracted to the capaldick
>>
Smile looks comfy.
>>
Colin Baker is wearing the exact same clothes as last night too, dirty fat cunt
>>
>>81733046
I love the man, but he should really stop moaning and bitching about how Michael Grade killed his career when he fired him. If he had not done embarrassing shit like Doctor In Distress and bitched about the BBCs treatment of him he would have had a somewhat reasonable career, albeit with his flaws, as he was not exactly a very good actor per se. Michael Grade was a twat, yes, but largely the fault is on JNT and the shitty, lousy scriptwriting that plagued his run on the show (looking at you, Pip and Jane Baker).
>>
do you think it's bigger on the inside?
>>
>>81733193
It was the 80's, I'd forgive desu.
>>
>>81733141
>Peter Who?
>the bottom of the barrel
>He's weedu, very ugly, arrogant and creepy in a "don't be left alone in a room with him" way

Why are they bullying Capaldi so, he's too pure for this earth.
>>
>>81733141
do you have a link to the "he's oogleh" video?
>>
>>81733171
I'm sure they'll weasel their way out of it somehow.

>it's fine when he's hot
>just one more time
>he is not like the others

>>81733176
These are the majority of people on polls and screeners that decide Who's fate. Truly horrifying.
>>
Limit comparison test?
>>
>>81733193
lol gaylord you love men
>>
How much is he going to fuck the show läds?

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/chris-chibnall-entirely-new-writing-team-for-doctor-who-season-11
>>
>>81733174
But she is qt
>>
>>81733174
I only paid $50.
>>
>>81733240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzWOlMif-Fw
>>
https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/853942728715063297
>kino
>>
>>81733234
Capaldi was just a man following his childhood dream. He didn't deserve the hate because he wasn't young or those pretty bad scripts he got.

Heaven Sent is entirely Capaldi and it's one of the best episodes of NuWho
>>
Wait, ANNOUNCEMENT WAS A LIE?!?!?!
>>
>>81733330
>so was the cake
>>
>>81733248
To be fair, when people will look back, and not with just nostalgia, when the new generation decide it's time to watch some old Doctor Who episodes, Capaldi will be up there with the best.
And I hope Capaldi lives that long to see it, because he's too good for this Earth.

>>81733303
I love this video. It's such a terrifying look into the masses who watch Doctor Who.
>>
File: 1468065491196.jpg (7KB, 318x106px) Image search: [Google]
1468065491196.jpg
7KB, 318x106px
>>81733348
>>
Reminder that:
>End of Episode 11
>Bill is outside the Vault to get safety as the Doctor and Nardole are trying to stop Cybermen from breaking into the basement
>Rumblings from inside
>Close up on Bill's face
>Doors gently swing open
>A silhouetted figure of a man with a goatee walks out
>This plays: https://youtu.be/nqpzv6v5KBM
>>
>>81733326
Agreed.

Can't decide what I regret more: Capaldi not getting the good scripts he deserved or Eccelston not staying longer. Probably the former by now.

>>81733366
>when the new generation decide it's time to watch some old Doctor Who episodes, Capaldi will be up there with the best. And I hope Capaldi lives that long to see it, because he's too good for this Earth.

Please happen this way.
>>
Capaldi's a beautiful guy!
>>
What does /who/ think of MrTardisReviews?
>>
File: 0025-1375691074076.jpg (140KB, 400x900px) Image search: [Google]
0025-1375691074076.jpg
140KB, 400x900px
>>81733176
>>81733234
Here's more if you are feeling nihilistic.
>>
>>81733419
I cannot overstate how much I hate all of them, but especially Christel Dee and that fat ginger one
>>
>>81733461
I want to marry Capaldi!

>>81733430
I was surprised to see him on that weird /who/ list you had as top with almost a 10 vote.
I hope to god Capaldi listens to that more than he listens to whiny teenagers who want eye candy.
But at the end of it, I hope to god he takes pleasure of all the joy he gave the target audience and doesn't regret doing it.
Eccleston seems a bit bitter about doing it, as much as I love him, I just hope Peter never feels like that.
>>
File: 101.jpg (66KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
66KB, 1024x768px
>Same fucking dull story.

>Same flat, hackneyed dialogue.

>Same bullshit forced mystery crap with the companion.

>Same shit music, shit production quality, same shit direction.

>Same creatively devoid disappointment.

Ah yes, it's another New Who series. So much potential, such little talent behind the scenes.

Capaldi is great as always, mind.
>>
I tell you this much, whoever Who is next, they have to be (a) squeaky clean and (b) part of the "BBC family". They rather finish the show than be embarassed and this rules out a lot of wilder suggestions. Their charter is more valuable than anything else.

Americans don't understand how the Beeb works.
>>
File: 0013-1375689276783.jpg (116KB, 634x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0013-1375689276783.jpg
116KB, 634x1024px
>>81733567
Aye
>>
>>81733527
Fuck these people, this man had been a fan since before you were born, this man wrote to the fanclubs and the writers and acted because of his love for a show which he finally got to be in, these absolute cunts don't deserve to even comment on his Doctor.
I love Tennant, but wow, who knew looking great would bring such an awful fanbase.

>>81733583
JEREMY CLARKSON AS THE THIRTEENTH DOCTO-
>>
>>81733304
what a shit episode
can't believe it's been 7 years since then though
>>
File: 0038-1375693286834.png (909KB, 1860x1160px) Image search: [Google]
0038-1375693286834.png
909KB, 1860x1160px
>>81733646
Absolutely disgusting, but we laughed at their butthurt heartily when Capaldi was announced, so at least there's that.

Found another one...
>>
File: MOFFET.webm (197KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MOFFET.webm
197KB, 1280x720px
>>81733527
>moffet
>>
>>81733419
Doctor in Distress is better than this. Jesus Christ
>>
>>81733703
comfy
>>
>>81733572
>Same shit music
but there was literal dubstep
that's new shit music
>>
>>81733733
Well fuck me sideways that's just... horrible

it's like these people are so shallow they live in a 2D dimension
>>
Holliday Grainger Doctor when?
>>
>>81733808
Flatlander ppl.

Would they make a Dr Who announcement on a Bank Holiday?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12765168/
>>
>>81733733
This makes a man want to drink.
>That tumblr one at the end
>DOCTOR WHO HATES WOMEN
laughingcapaldi.jpg
Hasn't Doctor Who been one of the more progressive "science" fiction shows around? Like with Susan and Sarah-Jane and Rose and Donna and shit?
>>
>>81733550
What so special about that Christel girl?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUDELzA383k
>want this chick x
>>
>>81733646
Exactly. The Clarkson debacle really proved the point, charter>foreign earnings, there isn't a question there. Who is a kids show so the stakes are astronomical. I really believe theyd just stop making it if they cant get a safe pair of hands.
>>
>>81733862
I'm not against it in principle, but I have no faith in writers' ability to execute it well.
>>
>>81733876
Progressive shows always get the most backlash, because people are never thankful and always expect them to become more progressive with each season.
>>
>>81733733
>tfw I want too kill all of these people

Help me /who/ I don't want to be this way
>>
>>81733499
Happy he gave up and his shitcom never took off
>>
>>81733583
>squeaky clean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqalmnjAKhA
>>
>>81733923
linked 2 critical theory?
endless "progress"
>>
File: 0037-1375692922499.jpg (39KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
0037-1375692922499.jpg
39KB, 431x600px
>next doctor reveal
>it's pic related

How would the world react?
>>
File: 1380040490926.gif (1MB, 382x215px) Image search: [Google]
1380040490926.gif
1MB, 382x215px
>>81733862
>even on /who/ the people who think the doctor should always be a man are the minority
BTFO
>>
Imagine if the Doctor Who universe had immense funding and they made multiple spin-off series to expand the Universe.
>>
>>81733968
Exactly what I said.
Would have been a different kettle of fish if that had been on Channel 4.
>>
>>81734006
well he is gay so the sjws/feminists would be appeased

/who/ will cream our collective pants me thinks
>>
>>81734018
>Imagine if Doctor Who got bought out by Disney.
>>
File: Le tardis man.png (942KB, 742x1443px) Image search: [Google]
Le tardis man.png
942KB, 742x1443px
>>81733499
Stop accepting bad storytelling
>>
>>81733862
Not that I'm against it as such, it's a mixture of:

"A raggedy man in a blue box" is how they've marketed it, I can't see the Beeb being all "The Raggedy man/woman in a blue box ", it doesn't roll of the tongue as easily. - Minor thing

The Doctor's able to be portrayed wildly without offending women because he's a man, and men are kind of ok about a joke at their expense, falling for a woman's lie or giving in to a doe face, those are weaknesses that make up our sometimes quite innocent Doctor.
Now, you could do the same to a female doctor. But I give the bravery badge to the director that has to face the complaints of "YOU MADE THE FEMALE DOCTOR ACT STUPID YOU'RE MAKING US OUT TO BE STUPID HUH".

The casting - I don't think the directors of today's liberal left would make the right choices. Do we get someone good or someone that would appeal to the masses? Now, Capaldi didn't appeal to the teenage girl fanbase, but Moffat's leaving and I don't know enough about new director.

4, Because I hate women, obviously.
>>
>>81733963
What sitcom? Meatspace?
>>
Announcement is BS. Real spoilerhound here from GB.

[The basement contains a Tardis]
>>
>>81734006
BBC doesn't have that much money kek
>>
>>81734064
What about "the raggedy one in the blue box"
>>
>>81734064
where did you copy-paste this garbage from, anon?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3imwpE7S8U
>>
>>81734102
It was my own opinion I'm sorry it was so bad. ;_;

>>81734094
That could work actually. Was only a minor complaint anyway, but that rolls off quite nicely.
>>
We're watching that Whovians thing in CWS soon.
>>
>>81734117
sort of woman Chibs would cast.
>>
If the BBC announced Doctor Who won't be renewed for an 11th series today, I'd be happy.

Honestly, I want every person involved in the show to be sacked right now.

I also wish Netflix licensed Doctor Who from the BBC and did a tentative "refresh" miniseries. Get some proper talent behind it.
>>
>>81734064
>>81734122
lol that was pretty good and succinct anon, no worries
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnhArPKjYBY

qt pi dr
>>
>>81734204
we dont need qt or hot female doctor, we need a 50yo old woman
>>
>>81734069
That wouldn't be a surprise. Hell, it might be Missy's TARDIS he's locked away for safekeeping.
>>
>>81734102
How is it garbage?
Anon brings up a valid point. The doctor is portrayed as a flawed character who, while smart, is often the butt of jokes and/or makes silly mistakes.
"Strong female woman" characters don't get to be flawed like that otherwise actual women (and men too) complain that the woman's being presented as a sexist joke.

Think about it, anon. How many commercials have you seen on TV where a man is the comic relief and the female is the calm collected voice of reason? All of those "lol silly dad, good thing mom's there to save the day with this new product" type things? When was the last time you saw a commercial on TV where the roles were reversed and it was the female who was stupid while the male was the voice of reason? I'll hazard a guess and say you can't think of a single example where that's done because if they did there'd be a huge uproar over sexism.

The same thing applies to doctor who. If it was a female lead, they'd have to tread some very careful ground to not upset anyone
>>
>>81734275
Simm steps out
>>
It's the Monks that are in the basement
>>
>>81734284
it will have to be a mary sue like the new star wars cunt and that would kill who fun forever
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3maZtA94oU
>>
>>81734275
>>81734309
I can see that one actually.

Everyone thinks it is Missy and the Master teaming up, but it might be the Doctor seeking the help of the Master to defeat Missy for whatever reason.

We know that Galifrey and Rassilon's timelines were changed and that neatly explains while the Master is alive and well. It makes sense the Doctor knows that all too well and possibly caught him at some point? Locked him up in the vault Pandorica-style?
>>
>>81734131
"Whovians" on now. Aussies talking about something.
>>
>>81734309
>Simm intentionally holds back regeneration so 10 can't keep him in the TARDIS and look after him
>gets brought back my magic ritual shit
>12 throws him into a vault for 70 years

I'd laugh
>>
Is McCoy the only Classic Doctor who could still pass if he was in a new episode.
>>
>>81734284
>commercials
Watch this
pscp.tv/w/1RDGlRzZVyqxL
It's actually pretty incredible how blatant it is when you're looking out for it. But they can't do anything other than it or else it'd be a PR disaster.
>>
>>81734455
>Who is Paul McGann
But I do agree anon xx
>>
>>81734394
>>81734428
kek that would be sweet
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5sZoccBB5I
>>
>>81734263
yes a hot milf dr
>>
Don't tell anyone but I have it on good word that Cara Delivigne is the new companion
>>
>>81734284
Thinking on it, the females being companions get away with being flawed, and as such are good characters.
Rose trying to save her Dad, Clara threatening the Doctor to save Danny, Donna breaking down at how heartless the Doctor seems, they get away with weakness because a companion to the Doctor is meant to have weaknesses, to show off how the Doctor deals with his own or how the Doctor learns from it.

But a female Doctor would have to make mistakes, do stupid things, act heartlessly and be a buffoon when it's required, because otherwise you couldn't be the Doctor.
And you bet they'd complain in their droves.
Companions are the safe haven space females can enjoy growing as a real character without being complained at by (ironically) females. Not all females obviously, but.

Egad, when did it all become so complicated.
>>
>>81734564
>>81734393
more like Ophelia Lovimuuhdick amiright?
>>
Don't tell anyone, but I think you guys are alright.
Don't come to Gallifrey tomorrow.
>>
How does McGann look so good for his age? is it is Liverpooldian Irish genes?
>>
File: tmp_24145-Joe-McGann641864340.jpg (22KB, 265x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24145-Joe-McGann641864340.jpg
22KB, 265x360px
>>81734829

Just lucky I guess. There's only a year and a half between him and Joe.
>>
>>81734455
Davison did pretty good in Time Crash
>>
I feel like the average Capaldi is way better than Tennant's or Smith's averages, but Moffat's "humour" is grating me more than ever.
>>
>>81734766
If the Dr regenerated into a woman, she wouldn't have a penis.
>>
>>81734455

They could borrow cgi Cushing off disney
>>
come in the comfy stream guys
>>
>yfw the beeb floated Kris Marshall so that when they inevitably announce it's a black American woman people won't care because at least it isn't that cunt from the BT advert
>>
A D A M S P R A Y
>>
Based Talalay

https://twitter.com/rtalalay/status/853984693754241025
>>
>>81735088
>American
God, even for the movie they hired an Englishman.
I think they'd prefer a Hijab wearing woman born in Bristol bound in shackles to a strong ISIS fighter than they'd have an American.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (24KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
24KB, 225x225px
We don't need a female doctor. It really isn't necessary other than to make some tumblr bitches squirt over it for a few years.
>>
>>81735202
Talalay is god-tier.
>>
>>81734806
What are you even talking about?
There's nothing that can get past our Sky Trenches!
>>
Does the monks story look kino as fuck? Yes/No
>>
Y

New gold standard who storytelling
>>
>14,217 views
How the fuck did /who/ do it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3OIMqXKNds
>>
>>81735395
I'm just curious how it's going to end up being a three partner, all the synopsis for episodes 6-8 seem to be distinctly different
>>
>>81735395
It's written in parts by Peter Harness and Toby Whithouse, so no.
>>
>>81735425
The power of memes
>>
>>81735563
Both of them had great episodes last series.
>>
>>81735600
lmao no
>>
>>81735273
There is nothing edgy about that statement.
>>
>>81735559
The first episode is about a book that drives people crazy. The two later seem to be about memory/timeline manipulation. I imagine it would be similar to Utopia-The Last of Time Lords in terms of structure.
>>
>>81735600
back to /r/gallifrey
>>
>>81735425
I think you're forgetting this year's /canon/ title sequence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3zYM2WE5hc
>>
>>81735559
I can guess the connection.
Ep 1 is set after the monks invasion -> the "document that you must not read" reveals the truth of what they really are.
Ep 2, Doctor and Bill go back in time to find out what happened, they witness the Monks brainwashing humanity to believe they're benevolent/etc.
Ep 3, the Doctor and Bill try to fight the brainwashing and spread the truth but the Doctor somehow gets infected
>>
>>81735425
>How the fuck did /who/ do it?
Probably the thumbnail the guy used, kinda makes it seem legit
>>
>>81735600
You are wrong. Whithouse was bland and relied on time paradox to produce nonsensical fakeouts. Harness had some crazy convictions.
>>
>>81735665
It's kinda like how Trump is trying to brainwash the world into thinking Muslims are evil.
>>
>>81735861
>trying to brainwash the world into thinking muslims are evil

they're doing a fine job of that themselves tbqhfam
>>
>>81735048
fuck off nigger
>>
The cut off hand is in the vault
>>
>>81735861
all muslims need to die, they all wan you dead m8, it's a question of survival
>>
Announcement 5PM?
>>
>>81735861
They seem to be doing a good enough job on their own
>>
>>81736001
3pm
>>
>>81735984
go home Frank Miller.
>>
File: Lego Capaldi.png (430KB, 540x526px) Image search: [Google]
Lego Capaldi.png
430KB, 540x526px
>there are people ITT who haven't seen the real canon opening
>>
Conservation equation for traffic flow?
>>
NEW THREAD WHEN
>>
>>81735889
>>81735984
>>81736025
You don't belong in these threads, boardies.
>>
>>81736111
>boardies
Don't ever post this cancer ass meme again.
>>
>>81733326
> Heaven Sent is entirely Capaldi and it's one of the best episodes of NuWho

Yeah, that episode was stunning. Nice to see him given a chance to flex.
>>
>>81735395
Reminder that the first 2 eps of this are directed by Daniel Nettheim (Zygon Inv) and the 3rd by Wayne Yip (the 2 good-looking episodes of Class, also worked on Dennis Kelly's Utopia).
It's gonna be dark, sexy, and right now
>>
>>81736095

When we get dubs:
>>81736155
>>81736155
>>81736155
>>
>>81736186
>>81736186
>>81736186

MIGRATE
>>
>>81736111
I've probably been using this general longer than you have Mahmoud
>>
File: 0002-1375688106848.gif (2MB, 230x250px) Image search: [Google]
0002-1375688106848.gif
2MB, 230x250px
>>81736211
>>81736225
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.