[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 42

File: all smiles12.jpg (77KB, 300x366px) Image search: [Google]
all smiles12.jpg
77KB, 300x366px
>yfw series 10 is GOAT

Last thread >>81713555
>>
>>81723014
I think he's using the general-relativity "block spacetime" view of the universe, possibly together with "emergent time" or "timeless" theories like Julian Barbour's, as a metaphor for human experience. To oversimplify a bit:

There's no difference between space and time. A second ago or an inch to the right, they're both the same thing. Nothing moves through time; everything just is where/when it is in spacetime.

But events tend to contain records of events in their past, but not of events to their right. And from that distinction, you can derive a very close approximation of linear time as we experience it. (Well, at least you can in a toy version of general relativity.)

Now, instead of thinking about records at the physical level, think about experiences and memories at the human level. All of your experiences are out there, in the same way that a table in the next house over is out there.

But without a past and a future, what's the point of life?

Well, you can define the past: it's not the traces of subatomic forces, it's the experiences that shaped you as a person. That definition won't work for anyone else (because for them, the past is the experiences that shaped them, not you), but it will work for you. Time is relative to your life.

That version is of course no longer literally true, but there's some metaphorical truth to it.

As for "Time And Relative Dimension In Space", that's wedged in there a bit clumsily, but it's pretty obvious why he did that.

And I'm sure I did a terrible job explaining block spacetime and first-order emergent time theory, but you can google for that
>>
>>>/fa/12397807
/who/ btfo
>>
>>81723802
Thank you very much for taking my question seriously and giving this excellent answer. I understand it so much better now, and both 12's speech and your explanation are beautiful. Many thanks!
>>
File: confirmed_not_bad.png (35KB, 638x288px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed_not_bad.png
35KB, 638x288px
>>81724405
have faith in reviewbrah
>>
>>81724405
>>>/fa/12400010
>But does the OP pic pull it off?
>>>/fa/12400030
>I mean I guess. It's fucking Dr. Who bro.
>>>/fa/12400246
>Capaldi can do whatever the fuck he wants and still good OP
Um, yeah, BTFO?
>>
>>81724550
>>>/fa/12400041
>Two problems with a straight answer: I can't divorce the look from character, and my feelings toward same; two, his age is key. Old guys can pull off things like kinetic colors, no go items like hats, and vibrant patterns.

>I'll dodge the question by deferring to >>>/fa/12399986. This is that 1%

("That 1%" refers to "It looks good like 1% of the time".)
>>
>>81724550
>>81724583
>being this mad
>>
>>81724651
>quoting people is mad
>>
>>81724680
yeah you're reeeeeeing now
>>
>>81724404
I know that a lot of series use the general theory of relativity that Doctor Who essentially doesn't really brush on.
>>
>>81724693
Um… yeah, sure anon.
>>
>>81724716
What do you mean?
>>
>>81724737
>rreeeeeeee
it's time for you to stop posting
>>
copy paste this post, copy-paste-anon
>>
I like "Class" too. The plain girl is anything but.
>>
>>81724743
I have an extremely bad understanding of the concept but got this off google:
>Similarly, temporal duration depends on the observer. This relativistic effect is called time dilation. Summarized briefly: Moving clocks are slower than stationary ones.
So in Haldeman's 'The Forever War' people on the ships age much slowly than the people back home due to the effects of time dilation.

Star Wars, Hyperion Cantos, Firefall etc and a whole bunch of other science fiction also ignores it but it's really confusing to get my head around.

I think that's where the concept of 'space and time' is interrelated comes from.
>>
>>81724743
And also this:
>It turns out that as an object moves with relativistic speeds a "strange" thing seems to happen to its time as observed by "us" the stationary observer (observer in an inertial reference frame). What we see happen is that the "clock" in motion slows down according to our clock, therefore we read two different times. Which time is correct??? well they both are because time is not absolute but is relative, it depends on the reference frame. Let's look at the following classic example. There is a set of twins, one an astronaut, the other works for mission control of NASA. The astronaut leaves on a deep space trip traveling at 95% the speed of light. Upon returning the astronauts clock has measured ten years, so yhe astronaut has aged 10 years. However, when the astronaut reunites with his earth bound twin, the astronauthe sees that the twin has aged 32 years! This is explained due to the fact that the astronaut's twin is traveling at relativistic speeds and therefore his "clock" is slowed down.
>>
>>81724815
>>81724833
Oh I get what you mean now! Yeah that makes sense as relating to what he said too.
>>
Thread reminder that The Pilot was kino. All other opinions are reddit
>>
>>81724889
It leads to an interesting question on how the TARDIS actually functions. We know that it is mapped onto the space time vortex in mathematics but what about the general theory of relativity? How does that tie in if it does exist in the whoniverse?
>>
>>81724815
Doctor Who is science-flavoured fantasy, not hard science fiction. It just picks and choose things that sound neat from all over physics (and other sciences, and even fringe pseudoscience).

That means a lot of it is nonsense if you take it seriously. The very idea that it's "the same time" on Earth and Gallifrey when they're light years apart isn't even wrong, but meaningless. But that's fantasy; as long as the stories work, they work.

(There's nothing wrong with hard SF, of course. Haldeman's good, and there are people like Egan or Forward who can get far more gonzo than him while sticking even closer to plausible physics, and build great stories around it.)
>>
>>81724788
Part of her plainness (which is explored in future eps) is that "nice" people aren't perceived as interesting or attractive as edgier folk. As a somewhat peaceful, specifically non-aggressive person, I could empathize.
>>
>>81724923
Reminder that you're in the "the episode wasn't absolute shit so therefore it's 10/10" honeymoon period
It'll go down (rightfully so) as a solid 7/10
>>
>>81724976
Doctor Who can be inclusive of most any genre though so there's no reason hard SF Doctor Who stories can't work (some do, some don't).

>>81725003
Are you also as "plain" (read: attractive) as her?
>>
>>81725003
She did say that nice people were perceived as (I think) fragile.

Also, the joke about the Bechdel Test was absolutely fucking hilarious if you got it.
>>
>>81724788
tfw she lost her purity and got rammed

how did class do in the US? Are the ratings out yet?
>>
Why are ratings figures trusted so much when they're calculated by monitoring select houses and extrapolating the results to generalize it for the greater population as a whole?
>>
>>81725032
I wouldn't know. No one ever asked me out, and I just started learning how to be RL sociable at the very end of my stint in college. I've never had any girl wolf-whistle at me, or anything.

I've been called a "good-looking young man" by my family, whatever that means.

And again, I never asked anyone out. People might have found me attractive, but they never told me.
>>
>>81725184
>I've been called a "good-looking young man" by my family, whatever that means.
It means literally nothing. They're socially obligated to say that, and even if they are telling the truth their opinions are biased by a pre-existing emotional connection
>>
>>81725218
Doesn't mean he isn't actually a good-looking young man though, just that they'd say it anyways.And also, while most families would say it, some are barbed enough to not bother.
>>
>>81725067
It's funny because of the look that April gives.

Also, do you know that there are Class novels? They were pretty good. Don't read them until you've seen up to Ep 4.

>>81725093
>got rammed

Was that pun intentional?
>>
File: ram.png (352KB, 541x567px) Image search: [Google]
ram.png
352KB, 541x567px
>>81725267
>Was that pun intentional?
of course silly
>>
>>81725032
Yeah, but most of the successful hardish-SF Doctor Who stories are in the novels.

>>81724931
Actually, it's more special relativity (the simpler version where you don't worry about gravity or acceleration) than general, but…

As far as time dilation, once you have faster-than-light travel in your universe (like Star Trek, Star Wars, and even the non-time-sensitive "lesser races" in Doctor Who), that's not an issue anymore. Sure, you could get to the next star in 30 minutes of ship time but 10 years of back-home time, but you can just turn on the warp drive or whatever and get there in 30 minutes of back-home time.

Simultaneity is a much bigger issue, but it basically comes down to the fact that all FTL is effectively time travel, in that it brings in all the same paradoxes. But Doctor Who (unlike Star Trek, etc.) has already bitten that bullet; it's all about time travel, and deals with avoiding paradoxes every few weeks. Which means Doctor Who can usually ignore relativity there, too; if they want a paradox story, there's a much easier way to write one.
>>
>>81725067
/who/ complained about that joke for so long
>>
>>81725139
Sampling and statistical modeling is a very well understood science. When done right, you know the error bounds for extrapolating from a sample—when they say "5.1 million", what that actually means is "there's a 95% chance that it's within 4.9 - 5.3 million", which is very useful information.

There are other problems with ratings (especially BARB's—I have very little faith in any of their numbers), but extrapolating from a select sample to a population is not one of them.
>>
>>81725394
I don't see how anyone could trust sampling and statistical modeling after the 2016 election. It's clearly a deeply flawed """""science""""" that's too heavily influenced by subjective factors from the people collecting/interpreting the data
>>
>>81724976
>not hard science fiction
Some of the EU is borderline hard scifi. I guess how soft it is depends on the writer.
>>
>>81725450
Seriously?

The average polling results were off by about 1%. Obviously, the difference between "Clinton elected" and "Trump elected" is a major difference, and there's a sharp edge where 1% pushes you from one to the other, but there aren't any problems like that in, say, TV ratings—there's just no situation where 7M is great and 6.93M is terrible.

And, even more importantly, the best aggregate model out there (538's) said there was a 69/31 chance.

Of course there were pundits out there who interpreted that 31% chance as meaning "impossible". But that only means that pundits are stupid. 31% chances happen frequently (almost a third of the time).
>>
So is Peter Capaldi's favorite DW story Evil of the Daleks?
>>
>>81725598
Maybe? How would we know?
>>
>>81725392
Oh I bet! It is totally worth hating. How DARE they? And still, funny as hell, if only because you KNOW "they" will be outraged. It works on so many levels (for me). I absolutely howled.
>>
when are we getting a fucking chumbley
>>
>>81725613
Presumably we'd know if he's said so in an interview?

But didn't he say that The Tenth Planet was his favourite story, and isn't that the whole reason we're getting first-gen Mondasian Cybermen this series?
>>
>>81725646
Sorry, but what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>81725646
is this bait?
>>
>>81725648
screencap this
>>
>>81725673
The first episode of class makes a joke about the bechdel test (aka "if your movie/film/whatever doesn't have two female characters who talk to each other about something other than a man it's sexist")
I forget the exact quote
The joke was just "dude reference lmao" and hardly worth expending any effort complaining about
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDxM4vvVlfE
Look how annoyed Peter is when that bitch shouted she doesn't love Jenna
>>81725613
>>81725649
And he said it was his favorite at the moment of this interview
>>
>>81725729
But if you do know what it is and you do understand why it is annoying, if was just perfect and the sort of thing you so wish people would say.
>>
>>81725729
Yeah, I know that. You just lost me when you started talking about """them""".

/who/ hated that character and would describe her as "racist", it was really embarrassing. they wouldn't let the harmless jokes go
>>
>>81725841
She had a huge fucking victim complex and kept bringing up racial divides where it wasn't applicable in the slightest
>>
>>81725835
>if was just perfect and the sort of thing you so wish people would say.
you might want to try that sentence again anon

Are you trying to say it was a "yeah haha take that men btfo" moment for you?
>>
>>81725882
No she didn't. You're probably one of the anons I'm talking about lol
>>
>>81725882
And she was called out on it later in the series
>>
>>81725913
It's been half a year since I've watched the show so I can't quote a scene but she absolutely fucking did
From what I remember there was even a scene where she tried to bond with ram on the premise of them both being non-white and he called her out on it or something
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_i3EsWJn8&ab_channel=RosaMagalh%C3%A3es

A lovely video from /who/'s resident Portuguese qt. Please leave a nice comment and a like :)
>>
>waah I'm younger than youse why do you treat my like a kid
>waah I'm not white so I inherently am worse off beacuse of skin color
>waah I'm a woman so I'm inherently worse off due to my lack of a dick

genuinely atrocious character
>>
>>81725967
>I can't remember any details but it totally happened!
Sure

It's interesting that you're the one to bring up "victim complexes", since it's been half a year and you're still buttblasted about a harmless white people joke
>>
>>81725974
>studying is 100 times more important than watching Doctor Who
But it's not as important as watching her watch Doctor Who, right /who/?
>>
>>81725974
>me personally I loved this episode, very cool
>>
>>81726017
Except it wasn't even played as a joke, anon. >>81725959 even backs me up, a definite part of her character was her victim complex. Even ignoring race shit, she kept on complaining about how she was getting 'treated like a kid' when the rest of the class crew treated her exactly the same as any of the others. Her insecurities were completely unfounded and she always found something external to blame. She's not a pleasant character to watch - she's not a "love to hate" and you can't sympathize with her because her oppressions are all made up
>>
>>81725841
>>81725882
What no one seems to notice, is that April replies back with a "What are you talking about?"

Tanya's a pretty clever character, as she's someone who tries to use her "wokeness" to cover up her insecurities about fitting into the group. None of the other characters ever really react to her political complaints (when she says "isn't it nice we're not talking about what the white people are", Ram doesn't seem to know what to say). Although it's definitely a good thing that she's politically aware--she's the one who really understands the weird power dynamics of Charlie and Quill's relationship, and she's also the quickest thinker in the group--it also becomes a flaw.
>>
>>81725996
>waah this character was different than me therefore they're atrocious
>waah this character had traits i found unlikable therefore the writing was shit
>waah my victim complex prevents me empathising with anyone not superficially like me
>>
>>81726018
Jokes on you I'm doing both at the same time
>>
>>81726045
>Except it wasn't even played as a joke, anon
Yes it was, it was an extremely mild throwaway line that /who/ never let go of
>>
>>81726017
Remember how I said "there was even a scene where she tried to bond with ram on the premise of them both being non-white"?

>>81726046 has a direct quote
>isn't it nice we're not talking about what the white people are doing?
>ram doesn't know how to respond

I was right, anon. You're full of shit.
>>
>>81725841
(((Them)))
>>
>>81726045
lmao everything about it, the delivery, the music underneath, the performances, literally everything about it made abundantly clear it was a throwaway joke
>>
>>81726045
Although I agree she's insecure, she's also the one who realized that Charlie and Quill do not have a healthy relationship. That's a positive attribute.

(She also develops a relationship with Quill, possibly because they both understand being the underdog. The books admittedly flesh that out more.)
>>
>>81726080
see
>>81726046
>>
>>81726065
I go looking for validation, and you make me feel even worse.

Well, I'm studying her reactions, does that count as studying?
>>
>>81726088
What specific scene are you talking about, anon? Tanya makes multiple race/sex remarks, you keep acting like we're only talking about one specific one
>>
>>81725899
Not at all. She was recognizing the reality of somehow they had begun talking to each other about "a man." It was a humorous recognition of the reality, not a denunciation of it. More of an "oh well" than an "oh fuck."
>>
>>81726109
I'm not your anon pal
>>
lmao at these prats getting triggered by a fucking joke
>>
>>81726104
In what way does that invalidate what I'm saying?

Tanya's "wokeness" is an intentional part of her character, and it's presented as a flaw that puts other people off. It's not just PNess virtue signalling or anything like that, he's intentionally writing Tanya as a flawed insecure character with a victim complex - which is exactly what I've been saying since the start
>>
>>81726140
I'm agreeing with you anon?
>>
>>81726161
"see" posts tend to be a rebuke
never mind
>>
>>81726109
There's the one in Detained, but everyone is acting out of character for specific reasons. And she's called out.

There's the one in the petals story, but it's intentional. And it's meant to deconstruct Charlie.

Night visiting, her focus ep, didn't have any weird remarks, I think.

>>81726119
I agree the writer was having a laff there.
>>
File: 1480695012122.png (437KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1480695012122.png
437KB, 1280x738px
how long until the americans lose interest?
>>
>>81726183
my bad then, i just meant that that post supplemented your point
>>
>>81726080
>Remember how I said "there was even a scene where she tried to bond with ram on the premise of them both being non-white"?
Yep. That's the scene I've been referring to the entire time, the one people like you embarrassingly think is racist and never shut the fuck up about.
>>
>>81726232
Do they have interest to begin with?
>>
>>81726271
don't know, the ratings aren't out as far as I'm aware
>>
>>81726140
The distinction is that Tanya has a legitimate nose for oppression, and is legitimately against racism and sexist, but also has insecurities, which manifest as insecure remarks. She's the youngest of the group, and will probably grow out of it. Yes, she has a victim complex--but that doesn't mean she is always wrong when calling something out--i.e., Charlie and Quill.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlw-Q1WGR_4&ab_channel=RosaMagalh%C3%A3es

omg she eats in this one :))) definitely my fave reaction video <3
>>
>>81726256
Ignoring arguing over the semantics of what's racist or not, it's obnoxious as fuck, came out of nowhere and makes her character look bad. It has a place in the story given her character but you can't seriously be defending her comment as being warranted in-universe
>>
>>81726299
It's been to long, what are you referring to with charlie and quill being called out?
>>
Is tanya meant to be a likeable character?
if your answer is "yes", please explain why and provide examples
>>
>Tfw Heather isn't the new companion.
>>
>>81726322
>it's obnoxious as fuck, came out of nowhere and makes her character look bad
Disagree to all 3.

>but you can't seriously be defending her comment as being warranted in-universe
Why not? What about it is so offensive to you?

Talk about a victim complex, christ.
>>
>>81726399
>tfw shona isn't the new companion
>>
>>81726432
do you know what a victim complex is? I'm not a victim. Don't just throw words around like they mean anything.

>Isn't it nice to not be talking about black people?
If you find this statement offensive, you have no grounds to defend what tanya said.
>>
>>81726343
Since there are people in this thread watching Class for the first time, I'll use spoiler tags.

Class spoilers

When Tanya told Charlie that forcing Quill to do his bidding was slavery. She was the proper one to tell him that, as she was sensitive to oppression in any format, and Charlie, as a privileged prince from his planet who saw his society as perfect.

There's a thing where people are seeing Tanya as either a irredeemable jerks, or a woke saint. She's a little bit of both, and 14. Most people were immature at 14.
>>
Post your favourite story from each medium for each doctor.

TV: The Tenth Planet

TV: Enemy of the World

TV: The Mind of Evil

TV: Horror of Fang Rock

TV: Resurrection of the Daleks
Audio: Primeval

TV: Trial of a Timelord
Audio: The Holy Terror

TV: Remembrance of the Daleks
Audio: Colditz

TV: Doctor Who (easy pick)
Audio: Chimes of Midnight

TV: Dalek

TV: The Waters of Mars
Audio: Time Reaver

TV: Amy's Choice

TV: Mummy on the Orient Express

I need to infosorb more who
>>
>>81726435
She loos like a trannie.
>>
File: 1492340348989.jpg (77KB, 325x307px) Image search: [Google]
1492340348989.jpg
77KB, 325x307px
>>81726399
>being upset that the character who had barely any lines and no charisma isn't the companion
>>
>>81726474
Anon...
>>
File: IMG_20170417_125623.jpg (38KB, 424x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170417_125623.jpg
38KB, 424x425px
>>81726399
>>
>>81726475
Oh right
That one's warranted imo
>>
>>81726523
Wet waifu best waifu.
>>
File: capal2.png (103KB, 262x282px) Image search: [Google]
capal2.png
103KB, 262x282px
>>81726523
>>81726570
>ywn put your pipe up her jeans
>>
The first episode was atrocious.
>bill has no personality, typical sassy quirky lolsorandom female companion, the only character moffat knows how to write
>the whole episode nothing happens, they're being chased by a water monster, the monster appears, they run into the tardis, fly to a new location, talk, monster appears, they run into the tardis, fly to a new location, talk, monster appears, i'm not exaggerating this is the whole episode
>even though they're being chased by a monster that takes the form of water every time the tardis lands bill sticks her face right next to a water source and gets attacked every time, no joke
>epic quips for tumblr like "why do you run like a penguin" and "it's a kitchen" (the inside of the tardis)
The mass positive reception to this episode has only further strengthened my belief /who/ is filled with 13 year old boys who think everything related to their favorite show is amazing. They don't have the ability to critically evaluate it because "mum it's my favorite show".
>>
>>81726474
As white people are the majority represented in society, the concerns of black and other minority people, that are specific to them, can be underrepresented in discourse. If I remember, she said "what the white people are talking about".

2) Ram didn't know what the hell she was talking about.

The problem is that although the concept of ignoring minority concerns in conversation is a real issue, Tanya never quite says these things the way a normal person would. Again, she's a nervous 14 year old trying to figure out how to be woke.
>>
>>81726481
post yfw 10 absorbed all the time reaver blasts
>>
>>81726599
Nice repost.
>>
>>81726599
you've already posted this in two threads, and your opinion isn't special enough to warrant further sharing
>>
"woke" is just the lefty version of /pol/'s "redpilled", both are equally obnoxious and indefensible
>>
File: mfw.png (72KB, 595x352px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
72KB, 595x352px
>>81726640
>>
>>81726534
Yep. And it makes Tanya A rounded character--she's both wrong and right at different times, for the same reasons. She's also legitimately the book smartestof the crew, and the most stubborn (both Nightvisiting and Detained rely on her being quick-witted, and willing to risk herself for the group and face down dangers fearlessly.)
>>
>>81726711
Redpill me on April
>>
File: Whovians.jpg (110KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Whovians.jpg
110KB, 1200x1200px
Reminder that Whovians

https://mega.nz/#!oXhmmaKI!tmatHVr5jtgUPFpltZMdCbSfWYMdyftEUwBME2d0T1Y
>>
File: bantz.gif (57KB, 475x300px) Image search: [Google]
bantz.gif
57KB, 475x300px
>>81726743
tfw bantz
>>
File: image_2.jpg (92KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
92KB, 500x652px
>>81726599
>>
File: chad.jpg (177KB, 638x895px) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
177KB, 638x895px
tfw simmchad.
>>
>>81726481

TV: The Daleks' Master Plan
Audio: Return of the Rocket Men

TV: The War Games

TV: The Green Death
Audio: The Last Post

TV: The Seeds of Doom
Audio: The English Way of Death

TV: Earthshock
Audio: Iterations of I

TV: Revelation of the Daleks
Audio: The Holy Terror

TV: Remembrance of the Daleks
Audio: A Death in the Family

TV: The Night of the Doctor
Audio: The Chimes of Midnight

TV: The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

TV: Blink

TV: The Eleventh Hour

TV: Heaven Sent
>>
never bought into all that /pol/ nonsense, but after seeing the season pilot. just going to not watch that piece of shit. it's just very bad sci-fi overall and now there's some ugly afro guy to look at.
>>
>>81726599
>sassy
when
>>
File: adams spray.png (469KB, 738x738px) Image search: [Google]
adams spray.png
469KB, 738x738px
>>81726760
>ywn be squirted by adam's spray
>>
File: news.jpg (78KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
news.jpg
78KB, 980x490px
So......Trump
>>
>>81726743
It's funny that this is consistently posted here now. I'm the anon that first mentioned it here and I never expected people to care, at that point I was planning on never watching it myself.

Has it been streamed yet?
>>
>>81726813

I hear the failing Dr. Who did an episode about me. Wasn't funny. I expect it to get cancelled soon. Sad!
>>
>>81726813
BOARDIE REEEEEE
>>
Was I the only one brought to tears when Clara's theme played?
>>
File: s10bingo.png (919KB, 1000x1290px) Image search: [Google]
s10bingo.png
919KB, 1000x1290px
Just based on what we've seen in actual episodes, where are we at?
>>
>>81726794
nobody cares
>>
>>81726837

Who's Clara?
>>
>>81726729
April is defined by her tragedy in her past, and her need to take care of her mother in the wheelchair. She's spent her whole life taking care of her mother, and by extension others (she's the one you can trust with your keys, the one who will decorate the prom alone). She's a complete sweetie. (In the crew, she's the peacemaker, and unselfish. In the first episode, she's ready to sacrifice herself instantly)

And some part of her hates it.

She thinks she might be a doormat. She thinks she's basically too nice and too kind to be seen attractive. And she thinks that other people see her as fragile and weak because she's too boring. Her flaw is that, deep down, she's got repressed anger.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (42KB, 628x352px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
42KB, 628x352px
>>81726743
tegan a cute
and she's named after tegan
>>
File: res0.png (918KB, 1000x1290px) Image search: [Google]
res0.png
918KB, 1000x1290px
>>81726840
>>
>>81726875
Are you a big fan of Class or just generally more perceptive than most posters? That sounds barbed but I just can't tell if you're in general a sharp guy or just have a particular taste for Class.

>>81726831
Will the Truth Monks arc actually feel like a commentary on Trump and post-truth society? I can't tell.
>>
File: bingooo.png (1MB, 1152x1290px) Image search: [Google]
bingooo.png
1MB, 1152x1290px
>>81726840
>>
Friendly reminder that Class was crap and won't get a season 2.
>>
File: IMG_20170417_192849.jpg (170KB, 992x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170417_192849.jpg
170KB, 992x1280px
>>81726840
>>
what a shite episode

fucking PC got the fucking BBC to lose their minds entierly. Bill is a lesbian black woman (Why not make her physically disabled as well? ) with NO charisma. I prefer Donna 1000 times over her. Even Martha was decent compared to this reddit 2016 companion.

Also the episode was fucking stupid and with no fucking sense. They did dumb shit throught the episode and in the end the Doctor went with a TARDIS in the time locked Time War. That makes sense, right? I mean you time lock it so that the Doctor can come in anytime he likes to introduce fucking Bill to the Daleks, right?

God damn I'm triggered
>>
So..................

...........Trump
>>
>>81726949
It was the Movellan-Dalek war not the time war you fool
>>
>>81726949

The Doctor didn't go into the Time War in this episode. It was just a random skirmish between the Daleks and the Movellans.
>>
>>81726949
>the Doctor went with a TARDIS in the time locked Time War

This is how I know you've never seen pre-Tennant Who
>>
>>81726481
TV: The Crusade
Novel: Campaign
Audio: 1963
Comic: The Trodos Tyranny

TV: The Mind Robber
Novel: The Dark Path? I haven't read many
Audio: Prison in Space
Comic: Action in Exile arc

TV: Inferno
Novel: Interference. Is that cheating?
Audio: only heard the two Letts ones and one CC, and they all sucked
Comic: don't remember any
Stage: The Ultimate Adventure (even though I saw it with David Banks)

TV: City of Death
Novel: Festival of Death (sorry, Gareth, but all of yours are in the top 10 if it helps)
Audio: Pescatons, purely for nostalgia value
Comic: Iron Legion, again, mainly nostalgia

TV: Enlightenment
Novel: Cold Fusion
Audio: Spare Parts
Comic: one of the Stockbridge ones, but I really don't remember them too well

TV: Vengeance on Varos
Novel: Millennial Rites
Audio: Holy Terror
Comic: Shape Shifter

TV: Curse of Fenric
Novel: Left-Handed Hummingbird
Audio: Master
Comic: Party Animals
Webcast: Death Comes to Time

8:
TV: Night of the Doctor
Novel: Camera Obscura
Audio: Chimes of Midnight
Comic: TV Action!

War:
TV: Day of the Doctor (duh)
Novel: Engines of War (again, duh)
Audio: none; all unmemorable except the ones that are bad
Comic: are there any?

Shalka
Webcast: Scream of the Shalka
Novel (well, short story): Feast of the Stone

TV: Dalek
Novel: Only Human
Audio: no, Briggs, no
Comic: the IDW ongoing 9 series in general

TV: Human Nature
Novel: The Eyeless
Audio: Death and the Queen
Comic: The Forgotten

TV: The Doctor's Wife
Novel: none (I tried a few, all sucked)
Audio: none (haven't listened to any)
Comic: first year of IDW's ongoing 11

TV: Heaven Sent
Novel: none (haven't tried any)
Audio: none
Comic: the Titan silly backup strips
>>
>>81726885
bajo's the true cutie, I hope he gets more airtime in future episodes
>>
>>81726905
I'm a big fan of Class. I've read all the Class novels, and have written a few Class fanfics. Plus, I'm working on a Class with Faction Paradox crossover.

But much of this stuff was outright said on the show (one flaw of this show is that it can be too on-the-nose). I honestly think most people either didn't watch or didn't care enough about Class to understand the characters.
>>
>>81726949
>the Doctor went with a TARDIS in the time locked Time War
fucking boardies, when will they learn
>>
BRING FUCKING CLARA BACK
>>
>>81726993
>Audio: Death and the Queen

What made you like this one particularly?

>>81727016
>I honestly think most people either didn't watch or didn't care enough about Class to understand the characters.

Not just with Class m8, not even just with Doctor Who, but with everything. The amount of people who don't understand the ending of S9 (which isn't even subtext, it's flat-out text) is insane.
>>
>>81727044
What don't they understand about the ending?
>>
>>81727040
I miss Clara as much as anyone, but the show must go on.
>>
>>81727068
It's not even the ending, it's the whole series really, but the idea of making Clara like the Doctor as an intentional move rather than a random 'moffat loves le impossible girl' thing. Obviously Clara ending up with a TARDIS, an alien type of (im)mortality, and an intriguing sidekick is positioning her as "the Doctor" in her own right. And it's played as a triumphant moment. The show deconstructed the idea of the Doctor being a good thing (or rather, anyone who isn't the Doctor being the Doctor) in Face the Raven, then reconstructed it as being a good thing in Hell Bent.

Before even musing over what it signifies, just getting to that place of "Moffat intentionally made Clara like the Doctor for a reason" is impossible with some people.
>>
>>81727044
>What made you like this one particularly?
Oddly, I think it's because it's the one that felt most like S4 at its best.

"Oddly" because normally I hate trad. If you told me "this audio/novel would fit perfectly in season 6", I'd watch The Invasion instead. But for some reason, I don't feel that way for NuWho.

Maybe because there really isn't any "rad" alternative, except for maybe 2 novels and a couple comics, so the best trad is as good as it gets?
>>
Are Moffat and Gold geniuses?

https://youtu.be/TwwZmnFn7Mw
>>
New doctor news in 3 hours gmt

Get ready
>>
>>81727178
Nah, she's being revealed in the RTD minisode at 3pm.
>>
>>81726829
>Has it been streamed yet?
I think it was yesterday
>>
>>81727188
What is the RTD minisode?
>>
>>81726481
>>81726784
>>81726993
So, out of the whole list, there are only two we agree on, but all three of us agree on them:

>6
>Audio: The Holy Terror
>8
>Audio: Chimes of Midnight

I guess it's not too surprising, although I came pretty close to not picking Chimes.
>>
>>81727178
It would make sense for something like that to happen today because Broadchurch ends tonigh
>>
File: 1492299583242.jpg (48KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492299583242.jpg
48KB, 540x720px
>>81727227
see pic
>>
>>81727178
You can tell that this is fake because the fucking idiot who made it thought that the phrase "in 3 hours gmt" makes any sense
>>
RTD on set today. Apparently filming a minisode. More details at 3pm.
>>
These words from me are yours now.
>>
Reliable spoilerhounds on GB saying RTD filmed sort some of minisode with McGann in wales today. More details to come at 3pm (GMT).
>>
>>81726946
it's far too early to tick 'not important to the universe'
>>
>>81727244
Yeah I thought that was rather interesting, or Holy Terror at least. I probably would have picked Night of the Doctor but I kinda forgot it existed.

I also feel I may have picked different things, maybe even the same if I had actually listened to more audios than 33 main range.
>>
>>81727141
Actually, although I had known "Clara as the Doctor" was intentional, I hadn't thought of it as a reconstruction after Face the Raven deconstructed the Doctor. Thanks for that.

Yeah, Clara haters (not talking about people who don't like her, but specifically those who hate her) see Series 9 as just more and more "stupid crap." A lot of people skip the Series 9 Eps,, but when you watch them in order, you see how the theme of "what would happen if Twelve lost Clara" and "fallibility of the Doctor" resounded off each other. You can miss that if you skip the "bad" episodes. (Sleep No More, for all its faults, is specifically about how the Doctor can get things horribly wrong at times.)
>>
david bradley on set today
>>
>>81727296
I disagree, since the only reason he came into contact with her was because he noticed her in his lectures. He also was even about to wipe her memory at the end of the episode. Fairly solid evidence in my opinion.
>>
>>81727322
Donna wasn't important to the universe until the finale. That box isn't a guaranteed tick until every episode has aired.
>>
>>81727178
>>81727267
>in 3 hours gmt
>in 3 hours in this time zone

At least put effort into fake rumours
>>
Is Fady actually in S10? Apparently he put it on his website but I can't find anything that resembles a fady portfolio website
>>
>>81727342
Yes but she was also a returning companion, and they had foreshadowing from the very start, throughout the whole season.

I suppose we'll see in a few months
>>
File: julio.png (166KB, 315x672px) Image search: [Google]
julio.png
166KB, 315x672px
https://twitter.com/RarityThatisMe/status/853638001464922112

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>81727307
>Actually, although I had known "Clara as the Doctor" was intentional, I hadn't thought of it as a reconstruction after Face the Raven deconstructed the Doctor. Thanks for that.

Honestly, I think Moff did his best work with the whole series 9 metaplot. Clara dying works as "emotional moment, sad, dramatic companion death" but nothing more. Doctor Who has already done that. Clara "dying" but then becoming the Doctor plays off all the series 9 themes to become something much more interesting.

Clara fails in Face the Raven only because she doesn't have the Doctor's fictional powers - regeneration, psychic powers, sonic screwdriver, etc. She emulates all his traits (heroism, whimsy, bravery, etc.) but lacks the fictional aspects backing those up, and dies. That's a pretty grim message for the series. Essentially saying "Doctor Who is fun and all but not actually worth emulating, not actually having any worthwhile messages, because it's all fundamentally fantasy not-applicable to the human experience".

Hell Bent refutes that and takes the whole "Clara becoming the Doctor" idea to the logical in-universe conclusion - she completely mantles the role. It doesn't send the message to kids that "if you act reckless like Clara and the Doctor, you'll gain the magic powers too!", it re-positions the series into its own fictional context, a story telling a message rather than a "realistic" grounded takedown of the fiction (Face the Raven). In the fictional universe of Doctor Who, Clara became the Doctor so much that she too earned his magic powers and became just as much a hero, wanderer, Doctor as him. It's not realistic, but it's not trying to be, it's celebrating its fictional nature and telling a message through that.

Clara becoming the Doctor wasn't her being le super special mary sue, it was Moffat emphasising that being the Doctor is a good thing, and thus watching the show is a good thing.
>>
>>81727375
He's definitely locked in Bills university basement. The Doctor is preventing an American version of Doctor Who.
>>
File: distain.png (69KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
distain.png
69KB, 210x230px
>in the end the Doctor went with a TARDIS in the time locked Time War.

Kek. Who is this fool?
>>
So what's in the vault?
>>
>>81727431
David Bradley
>>
>>81727431
Who cares?
>>
>>81727431
12 regenerating
it's taking quite a while so 12's younger self is guarding him
>>
>>81727451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUOtCLOXgm8
>>
>>81727431
simm
>>
>>81727299
Honestly, I had an even harder time picking stuff for 7 and 8 (and 5 and 6, for audios) because I've listened to/read too much, than for the other Doctors where I had the same problem as you.

I mean, how do you not pick Henrietta Street? But you have to pick Camera Obscura. But Fear Itself. But Gallifrey Chronicles. But…

It might be much easier to pick the worst of each.
>>
>>81727486
/who/ was right about bill being lesbian for heather months before it was in any press releases
could /who/ be right about this?
>>
>>81727420
Yep. I think you've got a pretty accurate view of what Moffat was going for.

But few people get that. I mean, it's okay to perhaps think that Hell Bent invalidated Face the Raven's death scene, if only because that was a perfect death scene (although that scene is no less affecting knowing Hell Bent's ending. "Let me be brave" can nearly bring tears to me.)

But some people can't see past "Impossible Gurl."
>>
Soo. Are the rumours true that Kris Marshall will be the new Master.
>>
Just seen there's going to be a major Doctor Who announcement sometime today.

t: work I.T. at sky news
>>
>>81727570
Honestly, anything is possible with Doctor Who. Sometimes the most batshit happens. Go back to 2006 and tell people that Paul McGann will pop up in a minisode to regenerate into a secret warrior incarnation of the Doctor. Everyone would think you're crazy.

>>81727596
>But few people get that. I mean, it's okay to perhaps think that Hell Bent invalidated Face the Raven's death scene, if only because that was a perfect death scene (although that scene is no less affecting knowing Hell Bent's ending. "Let me be brave" can nearly bring tears to me.)

Oh yeah, I completely agree with that, it's totally valid to despise Hell Bent or despise Clara in general really, I just wish people would be a bit more mindful and recognise that the writers are attempting stuff beyond just annoying people. Totally okay to dislike that, I just can't stand the casual dismissal of Doctor Who meaning...well, anything really.
>>
>Assault of the Benefactors

The Benefactors have been building an empire of planets for as long as the Doctor can think of, in the dark, patiently. They are on the rise, looking to obtain the Time Opener, but a minor skirmish when the Daleks invade one of their planets threatens to thwart their plans. Worse, the Daleks may obtain the Time Opener. Caught in this war, the Doctor and his friends must stop both sides from getting to the Time Opener, the only way to save the universe. Except the Doctor's oldest friend, Missy, has set her eyes on the weapon already...
>>
>>81727420
I like Clara's S9 story, but I still prefer Fitz's in Escape Velocity-Trading Futures. (Which I think may have been a partial inspiration to Moffat, but it's hard to be sure now that he's not borrowing from the novels as directly as he used to.)

Instead of failing because he doesn't have magical powers but then earning those magical powers, he just flat-out wins by bullshitting his way through, which is the way the Doctor usually wins. And he earned that by going through a lot more hell than most companions in any media.

(On the other hand, Fitz's run in the EDAs did have a lot more bad stories than S9 did.)
>>
>>81727629
at 3pm perchance?
>>
Post your Doctor Who reactionfus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3TYoGHEq_Y
>>
>>81727686
We may have had a similar conversation before, I remember talking to anon with a lot of knowledge of the novels about the S9 metaplot before. Good insight as always anon.
>>
>>81727669
Immigrant I need your advice, does it sound good? >>81727596
>>
File: 1492008087225.jpg (336KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1492008087225.jpg
336KB, 2048x1365px
Does the /who/ wiki have a list of times that /who/ was right? beacuse it should
Somebody posted that the moon was an egg months before S8 started, and we also had someone call that bill/heather were gay for each other months before it was even confirmed heather was the name of the character

We should be documenting this
>>
>>81727686
Speaking of EDAs, I was just thinking that people's problems with Tanya remind me of the problems with Sam in the 90s.
>>
>>81727740
Immigrant see pls >>81727729
>>
>there are adults who seriously discuss a children's programme
>>
File: 1469130021401.png (197KB, 294x256px) Image search: [Google]
1469130021401.png
197KB, 294x256px
>>81726399

>tfw extra chips girl isn't the new companion

I liked extra chips girl.
>>
>>81727754
Family programme. Important distinction.

Teletubbies is a children's programme, it's made solely to appeal to children.

Doctor Who is (ostensibly) a family programme, it's made to appeal to children and adults.

Broadchurch is an adult programme, it's made to appeal to adults (thereby excluding children).

And so on.
>>
>>81727729
It sounds good right now. Any specific questions?
>>
>>81727754
I only discuss it post-ironically tyvm
>>
>>81727703

Supposedly at 6pm via the Doctor Who twitter account, with an accompanying video piece to play on all news channels for the evening. There's a dropbox to download it from, but the video hasn't appeared yet.

Tempted to leak it desu senpai.
>>
>>81727754
Like you do with star wars? Fuck off hypocrite
>>
>>81727797
You could leak it very easily, anonymously, and safely through MEGA.
>>
>>81727797
Just tell us what it says in spoiler text anyway. You'll get sweet karma--wait. Wrong site.
>>
>>81727784
No, just wanted to know if you thought it'd be a clusterfuck. It's part 1 of my finale. Might have a question: if you've been building an empire of planets, what would your goal be? I've been thinking the Benefactors need the power of a thousand exploding planets to open a rift to get to the Time Opener, but that might be retarded or feel like Davros' Series 4 plan?
>>
File: 1474630796838.gif (628KB, 516x402px) Image search: [Google]
1474630796838.gif
628KB, 516x402px
>>81727731
acknowledge meee
>>
>>81727826
Eh, sounds pretty good. Just have your Benefactors planned out.

I have a different question. You said "finale." Have you written the rest of this series yet?
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>81727778
>being this sad
>being in this much denial
>>
>>81727731
I don't think we do have that. Maybe you should make it.
>>
>>81727884
>acknowledge meee
>>
>>81727740
Speaking of EDAs, pondgirl's human form timeship stick is probably based off the humanoid TARDISes
>>
File: 1339766387732.jpg (136KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
1339766387732.jpg
136KB, 480x359px
>>81727777
>Bill has crush
>Bill gives crush extra chips
>Crush gets fat
>Tfw Bill hates fat people

I also hate the fatties
>>
Redpill me on Matt Fitton
>>
>>81727731
I remember someone more or less detailing the events of Matt Smith's regeneration, but there was some wrong stuff in there. Like he said he lost his leg, and though that never happened he did end up using a cane.
>>
>>81727897
That might be reaching. I think some of this "MOFFAT STOLE ALL HIS IDEAS FROM LARRY" is slightly overblown.

But now I see Compassion as a redhead Heather, instead of Rose Leslie.
>>
>>81727920
Average writer. Nowhere near as good as Dorney or Morris. Honestly, he isn't even better than Briggs. How many GOAT Fitton audios are there? But he can apparently write fast and meet deadlines on time, and that's what got him a job at Big Finish.
>>
>>81727876
Yeah I'm on it, they're saving planets all around the universe so they accept to be under their "protection" (control). But they've been those putting the planets into danger at first, hidden in plane sight: created a black hole in a galaxy in the dark and then stopped it publicly, created civil wars in the dark and then stopped them publicly...

Not at all actually, I'm trying to have my general arc planned out so far. I'll be working on the actual episodes soon. Thanks.
>>
>>81727962
If you read some of someone else's works it's inevitable that some of it is going to filter into your subconscious.
>>
>>81727717
Are you sure we didn't talk about Fitz vs. Rory, not Fitz vs. Clara? It's possible we talked about both; my memory isn't always that great…

>>81727740
I can see that, but I think Sam was just a failed character.

P.Ness got to invent Tanya from scratch; Kate Orman had to build Sam out of the cartoonish character from Eight Doctors—and she didn't even know she was going to have to do that until they learned they couldn't get the rights to Grace after all. And of course she had to just hand Sam off after one story, while P.Ness got to write all of Tanya himself. So, I don't want to blame her too much.

But, that being said, I'm not sure Kate ever really decided if Sam was a flawed character who had good intentions but needed to grow up (a la Tanya), or if Sam was basically right about everything and only needed to grow up so she could be more effective.

Also… I hate to sound like Mad Larry here, but Kate Orman's later books have this kind of "if we're all just nice, everything will be perfect" politics to them, as opposed to the "making things work is hard work" in her early stories. I'm not sure if she soaked that up because of the trajectory of the middle NAs or the whole New-Labour/overseas-equivalents thing going on at the same time, but either way, it can get very trite, and Sam often pretty much embodies that triteness.
>>
I am a big fan of NewWho (especially Series 1, 8, and 9), some of Big Finish's releases (I've only listened to 8 and some random stuff like River Song and Torchwood - I particularly loved 8's monthlies), and some Classic serials I've seen (the pretty normie picks - Caves, City of Death, etc.)

I'm going to go through and watch all of Classic Who soon.

I'm wondering if I should integrate this idea with listening to 5/6/7's audios (which I've been meaning to get around to as well), and watch them in rough chronological sequence as according to a site like http://www.eyespider.org.uk/drwho/pd/list.html

Is this a bad idea? I thought it might be intriguing to meld the Classic series in its actual continuity, with the Big Finish audios in a meshed, distorted mish-mash of fictional continuity.
>>
>>81727960
The original plan for Time of the Doctor was for Eleven to lose his leg. It's referenced in the short story anthology set during his time on Trenzalore.
>>
snails
>>
if you could have one evening with any main companion, who would it be?

and what would the kink be?
>>
>>81727907
didn't she say that she was okay with her being fat in the very next sentence?
>>
>>81728002
>Are you sure we didn't talk about Fitz vs. Rory, not Fitz vs. Clara? It's possible we talked about both; my memory isn't always that great…

Actually I'm pretty sure you're right and it was Fitz and Rory yeah.
>>
File: 20170417_112227.png (122KB, 720x1012px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_112227.png
122KB, 720x1012px
>>81727822

Proof of incoming announcement.
>>
Was Bill as bad as people thought she would be?

Haven't seen the episode but the preview with Simm coming back got me hyped.
>>
>>81727962
>>81727978
Yeah, I feel like all the times a Miles idea show up is only because Moffat subconsciously recalled something and he thought it was a cool idea. For all we know, Moffat hasn't thought about Miles in years, and couldn't give a shit about him or his autism.
>>
>>81728004
Do it.
>>
>>81728041
I mean on one hand this could easily be fake but on the other we don't know what BBC emails look like, and it'd take too much effort for a fake that would be exposed quickly
>>
>>81728046
Bill was the part of series 10 I was most worried about and I really like her
>>
>>81727976
Good. Just know that the actual writing might change your plans.

Also, who's your Doctor and companions?

>>81727978
True. I think that's what happened.

>>81728002
Still, Kate and "Cheers" Jon Blum did the best with the character.
>>
>>81728046
She was pretty great. Trailers did a meh job selling a new character, as usual. I really liked her genre-saviness.

>>81728041
You'd be a legend here if you leaked even just what the announcement is, not even necessarily the video itself.
>>
>>81728010
Raine Creevy

I dunno we'd break into people's houses maybe fence a bit
>>
>>81728046
She's not that bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
post yfw you realise that Gallifrey_Immigrant means r/Gallifrey Immigrant
>>
>>81728041
Just tell us:is it a female Doctor?
>>
>>81728116
Wait, is that true? >>81728119
Was that actually the genesis of your name, lol? That's pretty funny and self-aware if so.

Even if it isn't, I suggest doing a Moffat and retconning it to be, for the service of a better story.
>>
Beauty or Chips /who/?

>>81728017
She did.
>>
>>81728046
She is not bad.
>>81728010
I would like to have a chat with Romana.
>>
File: 1489761809914.png (265KB, 601x649px) Image search: [Google]
1489761809914.png
265KB, 601x649px
>>81728140
Wait, what is he implying? I named myself as a joke on "immigrant from Gallifrey."

>>81728116
>mfw
>>
>>81728004
I think you probably would get some extra insights from following the show chronologically from beginning to end, although I'm not sure adding the audios into the gaps would really add much there. Next time chronanon is on, ask him what he's getting out of it.

But there's also a downside. When you get to a weak season, you have to power through the whole thing before you get to the next reward. (And if you don't like recons or animations, you similarly have to do all of them together at the start.) It's probably a lot easier if you break up the weak runs with good stories.

Plus, variety just makes things more interesting in general.

You can still roughly keep each major character arc chronologically internally, just mix between different ones.

(I say "roughly" because of the long runs where entrances and exits overlap—if you do all of Nyssa's run, that's also half of Turlough's run, but not the other half, etc.)
>>
>>81727969
>But he can apparently write fast and meet deadlines on time, and that's what got him a job at Big Finish.
>tfw that will never be you
I'd love to churn out mediocre scripts for BF
>>
>>81728180
Seems to imply you're an immigrant from Reddit

>>81728155
post lallas
>>
>>81728041
AT LEAST GIVE US A HINT
>>
>>81728148
usually beauty, but over the last few weeks it's been all about the chips
>>
File: cujohrainboh.png (2MB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cujohrainboh.png
2MB, 780x1200px
What would each Doctor's 「Stand」 be?
>>
>>81728203
Alright. I'll make that a new origin.

>>81728041
Come on, is it female Doctor?
>>
>>81728183
I'm pretty set on doing the show chronologically, I'm just unsure if adding 5/6/7s audios as well would be too wearying. Maybe just the cream of the crop of their audios. I'm not including 4s audios cause I've heard they're terrible, or 1-3s because I'm not a fan of the Companion Chronicle format.

I appreciate you bringing up chronanon, I forgot about him, I'll be sure to ask him next time he's on.
>>
>>81728240
The Philip Hinchcliffe box set are really good 4s
>>
File: IMG_20170417_125656.jpg (1MB, 2235x4441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170417_125656.jpg
1MB, 2235x4441px
>>81728148
>Beauty or Chips
moist
>>
>>81728240
For Four audios, include Trouble With Dragon. It's legitimately comfy.
>>
>>81728240
1's Companion Chronicles do wonders to his seasons.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170417-113256.png (86KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170417-113256.png
86KB, 720x1280px
>>81728119

No idea. Folder is still empty. No announcement till 6pm.
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39619834

Chibnall; "it's too early to talk about DW"
>>
>>81728275
His Early Adventures are great too
>>
>>81728261
>>81728272
thanks for the recs, ill add em

>>81728275
>>81728290
Really? I didn't know that. Is it worth pushing through my dislike of the format for the stories?
>>
>>81728283
Then why did you say you were tempted to leak? Are you Heather?
>>
>>81728082
Yeah, I'm prepared for that, thanks. I'm having 12 and Nardole as well as a young medical student and her brother, who both kinda see 12 as a surrogate father.
>>
>>81728283
>Ratchet Films Masters
What is this?
>>
>>81728288
He's being gracious so people pay attention to S10 instead of focusing too much on S11. I'm sure he's prepared quite a lot - Broadchurch finished filming quite a while ago.
>>
>>81728312
Yes. Peter Purves and William Russell sound enough like Hartnell that you can pretend he's there.
>>
ALFRED ENOCH IS CONFIRMED ON GALLIFREY BASE

HOLY SHIT
>>
>>81728331

Files normally go up after lunch so we can prepare for broadcast.
>>
File: adam.jpg (37KB, 572x357px) Image search: [Google]
adam.jpg
37KB, 572x357px
>>81726994
>not Adam
He's so cuddly
>>
>>81728367
Where?
>>
>>81728367
>it's real
>>
>>81728336
Sounds like you have bases covered. Good fortune, anon! Looking forward to what you write.

>>81728348
Broadchurch stopped airing or something yesterday, so we might get something today.
>>
>>81728344
http://weareratchet.com/
Is it this company?
>>
File: IMG_20160715_194129.jpg (40KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_194129.jpg
40KB, 640x640px
>>81728367
>>
>>81728392
Trackboy13 who leaked Davros last year just confirmed it.
>>
>>81728348
Wouldn't it be better if he just said that?
>>
is this episode worth watching? i only ask because shitty australian internet
>>
>>81728411
>http://weareratchet.com/
Looks like it's a video/media company, and they have a relationship with the BBC.
>>
>>81728424
watch it you poof
>>
>>81728424
yep
>>
>>81728367
That would be very cool desu.

>>81728383
He is pretty cuddly. I'm surprised /who/ is so nice about the show and it's guests.
>>
>>81728430
They've done a bunch of BBC shit before but I'm not seeing anything specifically about doctor who. I've seen enough to think this anon is legit though
>>
Wouldn't it be quicker to just say 'kill'?
>>
>>81728404
Broadchurch ends tonight actually
>>
>>81728424
Could have just watched it on the ABC

>>81728459
What did he mean by this
>>
>>81728442
All but confirmed at this point.
Gary Cahill is the new doctor
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaLficIRInM

So are the lines in this scene that appeared in the original reveal but not in the episode canon?
>>
>>81728404
Thanks, Immigrant. It's still a long way off though.
>>
>>81728422
What's the URL of his profile? The numbers/digits. I'm not seeing anything.
>>
>>81728489
Yeah I was curious as to why they cut it out.
>>
>>81728422
Didn't Enoch just join a new show?
>>
>>81728489
Yes, Moff talked about it in the Aftershow. It's still canon, but they cut most of the lines because they felt like redundant characterisation for Bill in context of the actual episode
>>
>>81728486
Do we really want them to save time?
>>
>>81728240
>I'm just unsure if adding 5/6/7s audios as well would be too wearying.
Trying to do all 223 of them definitely would be.

But doing just the initial Five/Peri/Erimem, Six/Evelyn, and Seven/Ace/Hex arc, plus the three Frobisher and Benny sidesteps, plus just the cream of the early TV-TARDIS-crew ones, that should be doable.

>I'm not including 4s audios cause I've heard they're terrible
Definitely do Pescatons. Not because it's great or anything, but it is totally 1976, and skipping it would be like skipping an S13 story.

Beyond that, the 4DAs suck, but some of the Hinchcliffe Presents are good.

>>81728082
Loz did a pretty good job with Sam too, although admittedly he did it by turning her from a character into a plot device. (In fact, he did it twice, because Kate and Cheers ended up resolving his plot the first time.)
>>
>>81728516
>the Aftershow
the what now?
>>
File: 58162_1.jpg (29KB, 451x567px) Image search: [Google]
58162_1.jpg
29KB, 451x567px
>>81728513
>tfw it's true
http://wizardsandwhatnot.com/2017/04/06/alfred-enoch-dean-thomas-takes-new-role-epic-proportions/

THE DREAM IS DEAD
>>
What I don't understand about this new season. If they really couldn't help themselves and needed a black bikini girl. Why on earth would they cast such an incredibly ugly jungle queen? I'm sorry to sound so racist, but I'm not sure if I can't watch even the first episode with this thing in it. A big part of the doctor are cute waifus and they completely failed this time.
>>
File: kris2.jpg (42KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
kris2.jpg
42KB, 615x409px
>Betting on Ladbrokes, William Hill and Coral suspended.

He's a-comin!
>>
>>81728544
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npLrFm0_KJ0

>>81728521
Good advice. I might take the scope down a bit then and just do those to start.
>>
>>81728586
>>81728558
He looks like a retarded alien.
>>
>>81728600
good fit then
>>
>>81728600
Which is exactly the character he'd be playing.
>>
>>81728578
does the companion have to be sexually attractive?
>>
>>81728607
>>81728614
But they want to return to attractive Tennant-like looking Doctors.
>>
>>81728586
Betting was suspended two days ago.

Also, it was suspended because of a simultaneous rush on both Kris Marshall and Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

So, unless you think they're actually both going to play the 13th Doctor as some kind of hunchback-siamese-twins-War-Chief-in-Timewyrm-Exodus thing, most likely this means what it always means: that the people betting have even less information than we do.
>>
http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/chris-chibnall-entirely-new-writing-team-for-doctor-who-season-11
>>
>>81728617
Well at least to British standards I would say all have been attractive so far, at least in the 2005 series. With the last two - Karen Gillan and Jenna Coleman, being extremely gorgeous. So this is really a shock to me and my boner.
>>
>>81728659
Read the article anon
>Gatiss added: “I think Chris [Chibnall] has got an entirely new writing team. I don’t think anyone knows any details, which is kind of exciting!”
This is the premise of the article
They wrote something as a fact purely because gattis "thinks" something due to the fact he hasn't been called to work on S11
>>
>>81728659
>http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/chris-chibnall-entirely-new-writing-team-for-doctor-who-season-11
"We read the RT article and slapped a more sensational headline on it" isn't news.
>>
What was the name of that novel that had a female Master long before Missy?
>>
>>81728685
but do you need to get a hardon while watching doctor who?
>>
>>81728659
Doctor Who writer Mark Gatiss has revealed that new showrunner Chris Chibnall really will be starting with a totally clean slate next year.

Gatiss added: “I think Chris [Chibnall] has got an entirely new writing team. I don’t think anyone knows any details, which is kind of exciting!”

>Gatiss has revealed
>"I think"
>"I don't think anyone knows"
>>
>>81728712
The one by Alistair Reynolds.
>>
>moon is an egg
>earth is a space ship
what did they smoke
>>
>>81728720
I haven't been able to since Adric died :(
>>
Holy shit, Kris Marshall does a great Irish accent, what if they make him the Irish Doctor?
>>
>>81728712
The Wheel Of Ice, I think. It was a quick cameo.
>>
>>81728720
Yes I don't watch anything if my dick doesn't respond to it. Just like this thread, I'm pretty hard right now.

Btw. where is the daughter of the doctor, she would have made THE BEST companion ever.
>>
>>81728750
don't worry anon
as soon as we get a female doctor there'll be a twink companion, I'm sure of it
they wouldn't get a chad because they'll still want the doctor to be the dom
>>
>>81728712
Harvest of Time, by Alastair Reynolds, one of the annual "prestige" novels.

And it's not "long before", it's summer 2013.
>>
Kris Marshall is booked to appear on Graham Norton on May 26.
>>
>>81728724
>Gatiss added: “I think Chris [Chibnall] has got an entirely new writing team. I don’t think anyone knows any details, which is kind of exciting!”
He's excited to get fired?
>>
File: right-again.png (259KB, 402x650px) Image search: [Google]
right-again.png
259KB, 402x650px
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Times_/who/_Was_Right

can /who/ help make this not shit?
>>
>>81728712
No, I was wrong. This anon >>81728728
Is right. Harvest Of Time is right.
>>
>>81728766
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYB3RWn2HBk Yeah i'm from Northern Ireland he does a great Northern Irish accent in the Most fertile man in Ireland. I wouldn't even be mad if they made his Doctor Irish, but I would still like to see an actual Irish actor in the role one day.
>>
>>81728807
>http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Times_/who/_Was_Right
Ha, everyone loved the egg when it was suggested by /who/, and then everyone made fun of the idea and said it ruined Doctor Who forever when it actually happened.

No, we're not the most contrarian fandom in the universe.
>>
>>81728807
Good idea for a page, will add some stuff later
>>
New thread

>>81728846
>>81728846
>>81728846
>>
>>81728788
Everyone who works on the show ends up tainted by its shittiness. They all long to be freed from the curse of Doctor Who. Why do you think RTD never wrote another episode after retiring, despite Moffat begging him?
>>
>>81728894
do you think chibnall will ask moff to write on the show during his run?
>>
>>81728774
If the female Doctor gets a twink companion, he will be the male equivalent of Peri—every alien in the galaxy leches on him, but the Doctor doesn't even notice much less understand why.

Which could be fun.
>>
>>81728906
I hope so, one-off Moff episodes are the best
>>
>>81728745
>>earth is a space ship
You watching Daleks Invasion of Earth?
>>
>>81728970
i was thinking of that episode with the spider queen who wanted to destroy the earth so she could free her space ship
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.