[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zack Snyders only good movie is 300. His visual style is overreliant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: zack it.jpg (31KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
zack it.jpg
31KB, 460x276px
Zack Snyders only good movie is 300. His visual style is overreliant on CGI, a technology that only looks good in motion with a lot of blur.

Good action scenes need both fast action and slower moments to build tension, which Snyder achieves by the use of slow motion. In 300 this works because there aren't very many moving parts, it looks artful with the silhouettes and the shining red capes. Compare this to the slow motion in sucker punch, while it does slow down the action it turns it into a nauseating experience with clutter abound and seemingly nonsensical slow motion sequences.

I believe he should move away from superhero movies and more into action scenes where the terrain is more monotone, like in medieval movies or historic epics.
>>
This pasta again. Kill yourself.
>>
>>81723649
>tell the truth
>get called pasta
kys snyderette
>>
>>81723831
It is a pasta, fucking newfag
>>
Also liked Watchmen (Ultimate cut)

But that's about it. He's style is jarring as fuck in everything else. JL already looks like more trash.
>>
>>81723848
It's barely a pasta if i'm the only one posting it. I just thought I made a really good post, so I post it in different timezones to share with everyone my thoughts.

Not being on 4chan in every timezone the last week doesn't make one a newfag.
>>
>>81723558
>Zack Snyders only good movie is 300

Actually his only good movie is the Dawn of the Dead remake. And by "good", I mean it's a solid B effort.

The rest of his movies have been shit. Even the visuals are shit and that's what plebs claim is his strong suit.
>>
>>81723898
>being mentally ill
also, filtered
>>
File: Batmax - kicking ass.webm (3MB, 540x228px) Image search: [Google]
Batmax - kicking ass.webm
3MB, 540x228px
>>81723558
Nonetheless, he's produced some of the best "cape" action sequences ever put to film, and not one of them used slow motion as pacing.
>>
>>81724196
He isn't even touching the guys in that webm. It's not like he couldn't smack them with the prop, It's beyond me why they'd let that go into the final film.

It's like everyones made of paper
>>
>>81724196
And it's filmed in one continuous take, as opposed to this, which shows he's not married to any one way of shooting a fight scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSottBl7ow
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.