[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>they removed Kenji Kawai's theme from the opening scene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: images (14).jpg (13KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
13KB, 512x288px
>they removed Kenji Kawai's theme from the opening scene
I'm so mad, I almost walked out of the theatre.
To top it off they replaced it with some bland soulless temp music shit that removed all sense of emotion from the most iconic scene in the movie.

Ignore the /tv/ contrarian meme, this movie is shit.
>>
>>81722471
kys weeb
>>
>>81722471
It wasn't a good movie but it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I'm glad that rather than just giving us ersatz Oshii they tried to make it their own. Key word being 'tried' though. This movie was clearly hamstrung from the start by cowardly impositions from above.
>>
>>81723323
I liked that they didnt just copy the 1995 movie and we got the theme at the end credits
>>
>>81723555
It's a shame that so many sequences were ripped from the 1995 one without really thinking about why they worked or if they fit in this new story though. The camouflaged fight over the shallow water looked like complete ass in this movie and the spider tank assault at the end might have looked passable to somebody who hadn't seen the original but to me it was just a pathetic imitation. They should have thought about what they had and what they were capable of doing and come up with something that fit the rest of the movie. It seems pretty clear to me that Johanssen isn't a very capable action star and that the director didn't really know his way around action either. None of it's bad but when you look at how the original did a scene alongside this remake's imitation Oshii comes out so far ahead that it's not even a competition. The movie was at its best when it was pretty much completely its own thing.

I'd even go as far as to say that they hamstrung themselves by calling it Ghost in the Shell and they should have just copied a few thematic elements and in the credits said 'inspired by Ghost in the Shell' or something. By classifying this as a remake they shackled themselves to ideas too complex for Hollywood and filmmaking too intricate for small-time studio-goons being watched by marketing 24/7.
>>
>>81723728
WAH WAH IT'S TOO DIFFERENT FROM THE 1995 VERSION

WAH WAH IT'S THE SAME AS THE 1995 VERSION

you kids don't know what you want! because you're stupid!
>>
File: 1491905389026.jpg (90KB, 393x395px) Image search: [Google]
1491905389026.jpg
90KB, 393x395px
>>81723764
Is this how you want this thread to go down?
>>
>>81723764
t. retard
>>
Wasn't Tricky in one of the trailers? What happened?
>>
Why did they include the bit about Kuze altering the garbageman's memory? He never tried to subtly direct him into doing anything. All the times the guy took action it was when Kuze commandeered his body directly.
>>
>>81724073
There was no practical reason to do that but you could say that it was kind of thematically appropriate. But even then not exactly. It's another example of something being lifted from the 1995 movie because it was memorable rather than because it was what the new movie needed.
>>
>>81723764
>they ignore most of the message of the original movie and copied some iconic scenes instead, making it all feel out of place
is that too hard to understand?
>>
Fuck you Rupert Sanders. I thought you were a faggot. Now I know it.
>>
>>81724073
They just copied scenes without making any sense. Like how the Major, after being pursued for a giant evil corporation, decides to go to do some scuba diving. Then Batou appears in her boat from nowhere.
>>
>>81724073
Why were the garbagemen even carrying guns and thermoptic camo?
>>
>>81727557
The closest thing to a reasonable explanation I can think of is that Hackerman took over their brains before they started work that day and gave them their equipment, then gave them back their normal brains so that they'd look normal during the day and not arouse suspicion, then when he needed them he switched them back to terminator mode.
>>
>>81723871
>Wasn't Tricky in one of the trailers? What happened?
music that isn't in the final film is used for trailers all the goddamn time. usually that's because the score isn't finished at the time but it's also much cheaper to license a track for a trailer than for a finished flick.
>>
>>81722471
The icing on the cake is when the movie ended and the fucking opening theme started playing during the credits. What the fuck were they thinking?
Not that this was the only (or even biggest) problem with this fucking mess.
>>
why would they just kidnap a random greenpeace jap for their military project?
How is she that good at military stuff when they didn't even incorporate that in her new backstory?
How did she make Major in an elite military unit in a year?
They could have used literally anyone else, mangled cops, veterans with no arms who would already have military experience and would probably agree to the project willingly to get their arms back
This movie was made by fucking retards for the sake of le epic twist which was fucking retarded
>>
File: 1490817429572.jpg (78KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490817429572.jpg
78KB, 600x800px
>>81722471
desu I didn't walk into the movie expecting it to be that great. I watched it because I wanted more scarjo jerk-off material, and it didn't do too bad in that department.
>>
>>81730097
>fapping to jews
Good goy.
>>
>>81722471
>they changed a few things and didn't copy-pasta the original movie, so FUCK THIS MOVIE I ALMOST WALKED OUT

Kys my man, i love the original movie, but i wouldn't have wanted a fucking clone of it - i think this movie was good for what it was.
>>
>>81725228
the original was too much in his own ass, so to say. The movi at least made a connection between monoko and the spare-puppetmaster, not just give a random literally who technovirus falling in love with the robocop bullshit
>>
>>81731015
Take the heroin needle out of your arm and maybe we can get something coherent going.
>>
>waaaa this isnt exactly like the comic waaaaaaa
>waaaaaaaa they made something new and original
>>
>>81731394
Your post proves you're a moron. If you'd read it you would know the manga was just a medium for Masamune Shirow to spew technobabble. The characters and stories were not the main focus, it was his ideas of the inevitable future and its technologies.

Oshii took these elements to flesh out the character of Motoko, presenting it in a brooding and thematic way. He cut out all the prevalent lightheartedness of the source material and focused on problems we'll face on the brink of cyberization.

This film is a amalgamation piecing together all the recognizable bits of the popular adaptations (the original film, its sequel, and the TV anime) and injecting obvious, vapid Hollywood themes. All the while it made little sense. There was zero originality other than in some of the visuals.
>>
Every incarnation of the series has new music by a new composer.
>>
>>81731394
>New and original
Most of the film is composed of shot for shot recreations of scenes in the original film. The rest of it is a very generic evil corporation trampling on peoples plotline.
>>
Neither did SAC and Arise
>>
File: IMG_0124.png (673KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0124.png
673KB, 640x1136px
I hand no idea about the children's cartoon this is based on but I enjoyed it. Thought the OST, CGI, cinematography, story and acting was great. Dialogue and pacing was a little off but cool movie nonetheless.
>>
>>81734532
Does GitS really seem like a children's movie to you?
>>
>>81722471
You are right but for the wrong reasons. The movie is not shit because they failed to monkey a particular scene.

The movie is shit because it is fundamentally wrong. It was made with a shallow understanding of the source material and film making in general.

This affects everything from down to how the scenes are planned, the lighting, the camera work, etc, all the way to the dialog and acting direction and the general pacing of the movie.

The picture in the OP is a pretty good example, how even a small crop of a scene can be so wrong on so many levels. I mean just look at each picture and try to describe the expression of the Major. Notice how the lighting on the left accentuates her expression, while on the right the lighting is just as bland and contrastless as ScarJoe's acting. On the left the prop on the Major's head is a believable looking device, just like the rest of her gear and technology in the movie in general. Meanwhile on the right, it looks like ScarJoe is wearing a hoodie with the front plate of an alarm clock strapped to her head.

Just like a bridge planned and built without an understanding of structural engineering and the underlying physics, a movie made with bad direction is falling apart on many levels.
>>
>>81723728
>UGgghhhhhhhhhaaaarrrrGgggGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUARRRRGHHHHHHH!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1b1U091-WA
>>
>>81735014
It sounds like you set out to find faults with the movie.
>>
>>81722471
I would almost care if it wasn't for the fact it's some shitty anime with a waifu. If something offends weebs I'm okay with it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.