/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was the point in having this "Is he dead or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 16

File: bvs.jpg (287KB, 2390x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
287KB, 2390x1080px
What the fuck was the point in having this "Is he dead or alive?" Inception-type ending when we know he's alive?
>>
too deep for you?
>>
>>81695542

Incompetent storytelling
>>
There are literally normies out there who have never read Death of Superman. I have friends who really believe Supes is dead and not coming back.
>>
>>81695620
>Death of Superman is a must read for everyone, if you haven't read it you're a filthy normie

Sure thing buddy
>>
>>81695880
I never said it's a "must-read", what I meant was that anybody who's never picked up a comic in their life doesn't know about Supes dying and coming back. What the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>81695620
Even without reading that you would have to be a fucking retard to think that DC would kill off their biggest hero in his second film of a new universe.
>>
>>81695542
Why would you think that?
The dirt started moving.
There's a new DC hero in the next movie - mudman.
Played by Idris Elba, he's a pile of dirt that got mutated by Kryptonian radiation from Supe's body.
>>
>Superman gets his superness from sunlight
>"let's bury superman underground"
>"in a closed box"
>>
>>81696271
Comic books are pretty normie. There is even a show with it big bang theory. Its not having interests that is un-normie. As long as you like something you are a normie.
>>
>>81697149
Snyder killed off Jimmy Olsen at the beginning of BvS

BRAVO!

Why the fuck did he do that?
>>
>>81695880
you don't need to read death of superman to know superman isn't dead
>>
>>81695542
Anyone remember the ending of League of Extraordinary Gentleman when Connery's grave begins to rise as it cuts to black?

This ending reminded me of that
>>
>>81697250
>Superhero played named mudman played by a black actor
Seems racist tbdesu
>>
>>81697365
to show how deep and mature his franchise was going to be!
>>
>>81697365
>Comparing Jimmy to Superman
>>
File: unused-bvs-poster-1-183528.jpg (571KB, 1404x2048px) Image search: [Google]
unused-bvs-poster-1-183528.jpg
571KB, 1404x2048px
>>81695620
I think what really confuses normies who are not familiar with the comic is how crazy they must think with DC even deciding to kill off Superman in the second movie.

Not to mention, this Superman is hated by the world YET loved as soon as he dies.

This is not a heroic Superman but a Superman who doesn't want to be a hero and who says to Lois "Superman was never real" and he cries over killing Zod because he killed the only person who can relate to him as he is now stuck in the world filled with people he cannot relate to.

Killing a Superman like this off in the second movie was a grave mistake.

Staring BvS without a standalone Batman or Superman sequel was a grave mistake.

And don't forget, Batman's knightmare makes Superman out to be a type of Hitler figure who orders guys with a Superman logo on their arm (like a Nazi swastika) to go out and kill everyone and ruin the world because the only person who he ever cared about apart from his mother - Lois - dies.
>>
>>81697421
>Snyder is deep for killing off one of the most beloved characters from Superman
How is this deep? I know you are memeing

Snyder still fucked up by not doing a Man of Steel 2 first
>>
>>81697149
so what? if they didn't show the dirt rising you'd make thread blabbing about "WELL WE KNOW HE'S ALIVE LOL STUPID DC"

you're just a complainer.
>>
>>81697510
Remember too his parents in Smallville tell him to not save the people on the bus (well his father says he should have let them die) and his mother says he doesn't owe the world a thing.

WHAT KIND OF WRITING IS THIS?

HE IS FUCKING SUPERMAN! Of course he owes the world a thing.

I know Snyder was doing Jesus references with him being tempted and rejecting himself before taking on the demon and sacrificing himself as he kills Doomsday (Sin) BUT still, doing this in the second movie when we still haven't come to love nor appreciate this Superman.

There should have been a Man of Steel 2 first with Superman exploring these things about himself then a Batman movie and then a BvS

It's just way too rushed
>>
>>81697549
dude jimmy olsen represents all the lame and weak stuff from the supermans comics so killing him is a statement that everything will be BIG and TOUGH and DEEP and MATURE with HOT BITCHES and SEX and IDON'THAVEAMICROPENIS and SKULLS and BLOOD!!
>>
>>81697577
Showing the dust rising is pathetic. Why? Because if the rumors are true, Batman, Wonder Woman etc go to resurrect Superman many days later so this dirt rising at end of BvS is a stupid decision.

Snyder should have just ended it without the dirt rising.
>>
>>81697510
>this Superman is hated by the world
No he isn't. Plenty of people love him.
>>
>>81697577
I'm not complaining about anything you moron. I'm just pointing out how stupid people would need to be to think that Superman is actually dead.
>>
>>81697662
the WB execs see snyder as a budget nolan who's fucking thrilled at the idea of paid product placement.

so, yea, he has to ape nolan every chance he gets.
>>
File: 362672347.png (550KB, 741x744px) Image search: [Google]
362672347.png
550KB, 741x744px
>>81697655
Jimmy Olsen was a great guy we could all relate to. Did you ever see Lois and Clark? Jimmy was the best in that show and a great sidekick to Lois and Clark.

Terible decision to kill him off.

and btw: EVERY DCEU movie made now will not be as dark as BvS but will contain lots of humor and quips because WB want these movies to do well with normies and since normies like MCU, the DCEU has to be similar to them.

Don't believe me? Look at pic related.

If you want to stick around and see Batman quip in Justice League go ahead but it's not going to be the same as Batman V Superman was.

>If there was one element that definitely lacked in Batman Vs. Superman and Suicide Squad (and certainly Man of Steel), it was humor. It was all by design and I honestly think that years from now people may very well look at those movies as “before their time” because frankly, look at Logan. Logan took the serious tone and just made a much much better movie than those two. I bring up Logan because Wonder Woman is said to be decidedly more humorous and light than it’s DCEU predecessors.
>>
>>81697751
DUDE these are GODS we're talking about! GODS are not relatable! They're AWESOME!

fuck that PUSSY "everyone needs to be joking and friendly" SHIT, I've got a HUGE DICK so I don't NEED to get people to relate to my GODKINO! They will kneel and WORSHIP the GODS these characters are!
>>
>>81697751
Logan still had bit of humor in it though
>>
>>81697858
all of snyder's movies had attempts at humor as well.

he just doesn't have any talent or ability so they always fall flat
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (14KB, 678x403px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
14KB, 678x403px
>>81697294
I think in the comics the robot from his fortress dug him up.
>>
>>81697392

I'd pay for a ticket to a LoEG sequel
>>
>>81697294
>"let's bury superman underground"
where else would you bury him retard
>>
>>81697898
Universal is making a cinematic universe that sort of is LoEG now. Tom Cruise becomes the Mummy and starts recruiting other monsters to form a the monsters crew thing.
>>
What are they going to do about Clark Kent coming back from the dead?
>>
>>81697918

in the fucking

SHUT UP

that's where
>>
I'm convinced all DC drones are just gay
>>
>>81697510
He literally said "this is my world" before sacrificing himself. A proclamation for the love of his home and the place living in it. Fuck off moron
>>
>>81695542
What the fuck do you even mean "Inception-style ending?" It's clearly hinting that he's still alive.
>>
>>81697973
There won't be a clark kent
>>
File: Oe3E2[1].jpg (227KB, 900x712px) Image search: [Google]
Oe3E2[1].jpg
227KB, 900x712px
>>81697971
Is it not just a remake of the original Universal monster universal?
>>
>>81697973
DUDE clark is DEAD! fuck that weak faggot always holding SUPERMAN back from being a HELLA EPIC GOD

seriously though, there is going to be a scene where martha says "you're not my son anymore"
>>
>>81697626
This. I liked BvS but it came about 5 years too soon
>>
>>81698009
13 year olds are always quite the little closeted fags.
>>
>>81697510
>Not to mention, this Superman is hated by the world YET loved as soon as he dies.

Notice the difference in the sizes of the crowds? Barely three-deep at the Capitol versus the horde of celebrators at the festival? The haters, like always, are just more vocal and strident.

Kind of like here.
>>
>>81697510
Superman is loved by the world. Protests and news network shills calling him into question doesn't mean a huge portion of people don't love him. Remember the crown in Mexico, or the flood victims?
>>
>>81698009
Someone should post a screencap of that comment someone made about loving men with big muscles of ancient Greece and how Aquaman, Superman have hot bodies

HAHAHAHAHA no joke someone actually said this
>>
>>81698191
>Remember the crown in Mexico, or the flood victims?
Those scenes would be better if it wasn't slow motion "LOOK AT HOW GREAT SUPERMAN IS".

I hated that. Actually show him in real time saving people not slow motion montages over "DOES THE WORLD NEED A SUPERMAN".
>>
>>81698283
I liked the Mexico scene, but i would have made the flood scene differently. Imagine a pan over shot for people on rooftops as Superman uses superspeed to save one family after the other instead of hovering over them like he was still deciding whether to save them or not.

Overall I liked the movie a lot, there was just more they could have done.
>>
>>81698283
Stop being an idiot. I beg of you. It's not too late.
>>
>>81698556
That wasn't the message. That's the moment when he realizes what he's seeing and what it means.
>>
>>81698556

Sounds shit. Focusing on a single rescue made it more personal and a more human moment.
>>
File: C8xuYyyWAAQ_5wh.jpg (335KB, 1200x1181px) Image search: [Google]
C8xuYyyWAAQ_5wh.jpg
335KB, 1200x1181px
>>81697510
>Superman doesn't want to be a hero

Pic related. Inb4 ABLOO ABLOO HE DOESNT SMILE ENOUGH WAAHHHHH ;(
>>
>>81698132
REKT
>>
File: 1465658619331.png (788KB, 1149x487px) Image search: [Google]
1465658619331.png
788KB, 1149x487px
>>81697626
>his mother says he doesn't owe the world a thing.

Does he really though? This version of Superman, as a young boy, is an outcast and seen as a pariah by his peers, is constantly harassed and bullied, and yet out of the goodness of his heart he still tries to do the right thing and help others, even though humanity is not worthy of his grace.

He DOESN'T owe our world a thing. We don't deserve him. Yet, he sees himself as one of us, and was willing to die for us, taking up personal responsibility for the fact that his very presence led to the creation of Doomsday.
>>
>>81699073
> Yet, he sees himself as one of us, and was willing to die for us,

What the fuck are talking about? When in this movie does that ever happen?
>>
>>81697669
>Plenty of people fear him.

FTFY
>>
>>81698881
I like that they really make Clark human, too - he doesn't see the people that love him as a hero. He focuses on the extremes just like the rest of us do. He sees people that revere him as some sort of god, and people who hate and fear him as an alien threat.

He doesn't see the guys who see what he's doing and just quietly appreciate him for it.
>>
>>81697626
>HE IS FUCKING SUPERMAN! Of course he owes the world a thing.

You say this in every thread, You don't understand what a hero is. You don't have the first fucking clue.
>>
>>81699195
When he claims the world as his own right before dying for it moron. Jesus this shit isn't hard. If you have an actual problem with merit then try harder.
>>
File: 1491982180449.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1491982180449.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>81699195
Maybe the fact that he's in love with a human woman, works a normal job, pays bills, socializes, has a traditional family... Do I really need to keep going? No one can be this retarded.
>>
>>81699073
this
>>81699195
in MoS, he literally chooses earth over krypton
>>
>>81699497
>No one can be this retarded
marvel cucks can
>>
>>81698785
He doesn't want to be hero.
>>
>>81699073
Well said, DCbro.
>>
>>81699073
>Does he really
He has literally bringed death with him. Thousands dead. Billions of property damage. And I'm prettty sure he didn't even help to rebuild people's homes.
>>
>>81699411

That's not choosing one over the other, that's him deciding it's not right for Zod to kill people to make Krypton live. Are you telling me that if Zod came peacefully he would have not seen himself as both Kryptonian and human? Snyderbots are fucking retarded.
>>
>>81699667
Then he simply wouldn't be moron. This is clearly a person trying his best to help ppl and do the right thing. And its adamant from the bus scene that he has wanted to help ppl from a young age. A human struggle in an alien. And he ultimately died because he wanted to be a hero, fuck off.
>>
>>81699777
That's sort of the point - Krypton as it was wasn't a society worth taking as your own.
>>
Superman doesn't owe the world anything. They shit on him constantly and he FUCKING DIES for them. Batman kicked his ass and was about to kill him but Sups forgave him. Lex kidnapped his mother, almost killed Lois, but Sups saves him from doomsday. People talk shit about him non stop but he keeps trying to do the right thing.
We don't deserve Superman. Call me a faggot but this is why i like Superman. He's literally a flying alien but in his heart he's a better human than most of us.
>>
Why do you have to make threads just to shit on movies you don't like. Wouldn't it be better to make threads about the movies you do like? Or does no one want to talk about marvel?
>>
>>81699777
Who the fuck is talking about zod dipshit. Are you fucking new? Do you know how to follow posts and responses? It was asked "when" does he claim the world as his own and die for us. I responded he does just that when says it to lois and sacrifces himself for it on that notion. Fuck are you talking about a whole different movie for.
>>
>>81700005
>thousands dead because of him
>Metropolis is in ruins because of him
>literally canser to the Earth
>doesn't owe the world anything.
?
>>
>>81699925
>Then he simply wouldn't be moron

Did you watch the movie at all? Seriously, the whole crutch is that he wants to fulfill the destiny Jor-El gave him. (Which also ties into the fact he wants to be both part of his Krpytonian and human) That's why he became Superman. Before he met his dad, he just saved people because he needed to and was in position to do so. But he wasn't actively doing so. Why do you think he kept moving jobs? Cause he didn't want to be that hero initially, he just wanted a normal life. Do Snyderbots even understand the own movie they love so much?
>>
>>81700072
>autism at its finest
>>
>>81699583
wow he chooses the people who he has lived with for ~30 years over some strangers who are about to kill everyone you know and love to create a new krypton which actually means making you weaker. also his dad tells him to do this

tough choice
>>
>>81700072
damn that autism
without him, literally EVERYONE would be dead
>literally canser to the Earth
>>
>>81700173
>>81700072
i kinda feel sad for you guys, you will never understand true kino with that autism
>>
>>81700072
You need to learn to see the bigger picture, anon. The world isn't as black and white as you think it is. Sometimes, you have to break some eggs in order to make an omelette.
>>
>>81700114
>he was saving ppl because he needed to

He doesn't need to do anything. He saved ppl because he wanted to this chose to. Period. He didn't need to save ppl on those oil rig. Yet he chose to swim over and help. Your shitty argument is falling apart if it hinges on the notion that his parents (real or foster) told him to save ppl, since he showed he cared about lives long before anyone told him otherwise. And the fact that he ultimately again, sacrificed his life for the earth trumps any stupid headcanon you can come up with about a superman who doesn't care.
>>
>>81699945
We don't know that Krypton fucked itself over with artificial breeding, but that doesn't mean aspects of it couldn't be redeemed.
>>
>>81700125
You didn't watched MoS, did you? He activated beacon. And he didn't use his chance to stop Zod before landing. He is literally the reason of tons of deaths during Zod's invasion.
>>
>>81700179
Not to mention that Zod knew exactly how to force his hand. And did.
>>
>>81700213
tell me how that's a choice
>>
>>81700232
Thus chose to*
>>
>>81700246
Corection: We know Krpyton fucked itself over
>>
>>81700232
really think it was a viable choice to just let doomsday destroy earth?

that would've just made him a pussy, it's no choice at all
>>
>>81700273
i never said it was a choise
>autism agin
>>
>>81700246
Zod and his guys were all that was left of it. Whether or not they're representative of Krypton as a whole isn't even relevant. The fact remains that they were basically fanatical Space Nazis.
>>
>>81699583
>in MoS, he literally chooses earth over krypton

>>81700325
>>
>>81700179
Without him, literally everyone would stay alive because Zod wouldn't find Earth in the first place. And inactivity of Superman after Zod's ultimatum caused all the disaster.
>>81700213
>>81700225
Nah, you just should stop to be blinded by your fanboism.
>>
>>81700361
You've done this before, autist.

If invite you to my house and you're a dickhead, being a dickhead is on you, not me.
>>
>>81697918

A mausoleum like Lenin.
>>
>>81700232

Did you even read your own statement? We're talking about how he decided to take the mantle of Superman. He did not take it until he met Jor-El. Are fucking retarded? He was NOT actively saving people, he just did so because he could and was in position and cared. But then again so do all of us. He didn't know he was going to die in the Doomsday fight, so that's a retarded argument.
>>
>>81700315
Lol now you're arguing that superman didn't effectively choose to save the earth by sacrificing himself? He claimed this world was his home. Maybe you could make an argument if he didn't utter those words with a smile a few seconds before. But it's obvious it was an action done under the intent of saving everyone. Not in the heat of battle. a decision he made that he thought was worth doing. A choice he made. Sorry braindead
>>
>>81700072
What a shitty argument.

He had no idea Zod even existed, as soon as Zod said to hand himself over he did, and then Zod decided to fuck up the planet.
How is that in anyway Supermans fault?

If some guy your dad pissed off when you were a baby came looking for you and started killing people in your city would that be your fault?
>>
>>81700397
If I will threaten you to kill your whole family, but you by being cuck invited me anyway - it's your fault, retard.
>>
>>81700483
it was his home as much as earth is ours
>>
>>81697365

He killed an intelligence agent who used the name Jimmy Olsen. Odds are, there's an actual cameraboy jimmy olsen that they knew about and used his name to sound credible, or COINCIDENCES
>>
>>81700413
>he was not actively saving ppl
>shown actively going out of his way saving ppl

Are Disneydrones this backwards on purpose or what? Fuck what a tard you are m8.
>>
>>81695542
Zach is very clever at this part, its a Schrodinger conundrum essentially. Is he alive or dead in the box? Who knows..
>>
File: whoopsie doodle.png (230KB, 628x389px) Image search: [Google]
whoopsie doodle.png
230KB, 628x389px
>>81700559
>>shown actively going out of his way saving ppl
>>
>>81697294

Unless the ground he's buried in has a temperature measured in very low kelvins he's still receiving some solar radiation. Just not any visible light.
>>
>>81700551
Lol oh fuck off. Snyder confirmed it was jimmy. You will never see another in the movies. Get over your butt hurt
>>
>>81700493
You're a fucking retard.

He had no idea Zod even existed, Zod turned up and asked him to hand himself over, and so he did.
Zod then proceeded to fuck shit up anyway.
How is that in anyway supermans fault?
>>
>>81700491
I'm not even talking about
>wew, alien technology, better touch it, lol
I'm talking about not stopping Zod right after ultimatum.
>>
>>81700611
> and so he did.
That's the point, you mong. He should stop Zod, not hand himself over.
>>
>>81700596
We are talking about the before he became superman. Nice try tho. I'll take that as you dropping your shitty argument with that meme. Better luck next time
>>
>>81699497

"Has a traditional family"

What? He's fucking his girlfriend out of wed lock and isn't even married yet. Has no kids, etc.
>>
It's just weird to make such a big deal about the death of a character noone in the cinema cared about. If the movie spent a little more time building Superman as a sympathetic character and a heroic figure his death might have had an impact on the audience. Also, he comes back anyway, so why would we care?
He might as well take a vacation in Belgium with Lois and that could be the reason why he's going to show up late in JL.
>>
File: NEGaMstR4n8TJO_2_b.jpg (59KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NEGaMstR4n8TJO_2_b.jpg
59KB, 600x316px
Guys...what the hell..? Where are my deep discussion threads? Can I get a thread to hit 200 posts for once please :(
>>
>>81700596
The whole point of that scene is that despite what everyone thinks of him, he can't save everyone.

>I didn't see it, Lo. I’m afraid I didn’t see it because I wasn’t looking.

He placed so much faith in people, thinking that something like the bombing wouldn't happen, that he let his guard down completely. Despite his powers, he still has human frailties.
>>
>>81695542
Went to midnight launch some people thought he was actually dead kek
>>
>>81700720
Everyone in my theater cared when it happened so...your whole post is literally rendered worthless. Why do I idiots make generalizations like this based off their individual feelings? It's very odd to witness
>>
File: easter.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
easter.png
11KB, 420x420px
>>81695542
????
>>
>>81700792
>Everyone in my theater cared when it happened
Did you take a survey after the film?
>>
>>81700792
>Everyone in my theater cared when it happened
No one will believe you, kiddo. People cared about Superman's death less than about death of some fucking ant in Antman.
>>
>>81695594
fpbp
>>
>>81700660
He did the right thing. He let his countrymen decide what should be done with him. And he went in with a backup plan - memory stick Jor-El.
>>
>>81700852
>>81700876
Did you? People cared about Superman's death. Look how obsessed people are over his return in JL. Does anyone even give a shit who lives or dies in Marvel?
>>
>>81700901
>hand himself over so thousands could die
>right thing
Yeah, let them decide what to do even if it will cause mass genocide. Idiot.
>>
>>81700977
You have completely missed the point of Superman. Congratulations!
>>
>>81700792
Mine too. Sold out crowd and I doubt there was a dry eye in the house. People were literally sniffling back tears for the last half hour.
>>
>>81700918
>look how obsessed people
Where? I've only seen people discussing Batman's character. Literally no one except sndyerfags cares about death of Edgeman.
>>
>>81700735
/tv/ also has 500 post threads about the Star Wars movies. /v/ has threads about the new Mass Effect and The Old Republic 6 years after release. Are they Kino too?
>>
>>81700977
>hand himself over so thousands could die
>Hand yourself over OR we kill everyone
You're so fucking stupid.
>>
reminder the snyderverse is an adaptation of the bizzaro universe. This is why its referred to as the "extended" universe.

>batman is a moron
>aquaman is useful
>wonder woman is useful
>superman resents saving people and always does the opposite of what anyone tells him
>>
>>81701051
Does it matter where I say where? You are intent on following your line, I am intent on following mine. We shitpost back and forth for 100 posts and then see each other tomorrow again for another round. Does it really matter what I answer? Are you honest enough to answer that without bullshitting?
>>
>>81701020
Point of Superman is accidentally bringing threat to Earth and then don't stop this threat because people wanted him to hand himself over?
>>
>>81701051
Better than a dozen different people I work with that know I'm a comics guy came to me in what was basically concern over whether or not he'd be coming back.
>>
>>81701104
He stopped it, despite handing himself over and respecting mankind's authority on their own planet.

The ideal alien. Your spic ass should learn from it.
>>
>>81701074
Go start an MCU general. We won't stop you. Hell, I can't speak for everyone, but I know I for sure I won't be there snarking in it.
>>
>>81701104
He handed himself over to stop the threat. How can you be this fucking dense
>>
>>81701164
They won't do that. They have nothing to gain from that. Their tactics are damage control. MCU is tainted beyond redemption. No amount of shilling can change /tv/'s perception of that trainwreck. So they're in here instead making sure they're not fucked two-ways. If you can't reach the top, make sure the competition can't either. Classic Disney shill tactics.
>>
>>81701076
>someone is threaten to kill everyone
>Why stop him? Better hand myself over so he could do whatever he wants!
Fucking retard. I bet you let niggers fucks your wife.
>>81701136
>Stopped it right after thousands of deaths when could do it right after ultimatum
The ideal alien.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (185KB, 525x816px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
185KB, 525x816px
>>81701261
How did Clark know he could stop them? He's all-knowing now, too?
>>
Could have had an entire series of movies before Justice League with Steel, Superboy, Cyborg Superman taking up the slack in the wave of Superman's death but instead they blew their load trying to catch up to MCU which is a feat that they can never achieve.
>>
>>81701164
My point is these threads are active because of the collective hate and disdain for the subject whether its rightful or not. Youre deluding yourself into thinking you could sustain any kind of positive discussion in these thread if the dissent were to go away.

Nobody nitpicks any part of Ironman or Captain Americas characters because theres nothing to mock or analyze like there is with Supes in the DCEU.
>>
>>81701164
>anyone who says anything bad about DC MUST be a marvel fan
>>
>>81701328
Well, he sure couldn't ask his alien dad how to stop Zod, right? Get some info about alien technology and phantom zone or something. Who needs that shit? Better visit some church.
>>
>>81701331
I agree.

Lord of the Rings did the same thing. Now we'll never see Gandalf's epic solo quest to master the secret flame of Arnor.
>>
>>81701261
>Someone is threatening to kill everyone
>I don't know how many of them there actually are
>I don't know what weapons they have on that spaceship
>Better 1v1 their leader while the rest of them kill everyone lol
>>
>>81701373
Yeah, not like we haven't been doing it on and off for better than a year now.

I understand that as an autist, anything you didn't personally witness just basically didn't happen, but there have been 100-200 posts threads of nothing but DCbros talking about the films and what we speculate is going to happen.
>>
>>81701420
>I don't know how many of them there actually are
>I don't know what weapons they have on that spaceship
>I don't have an alien dad with that info and more...oh wait....
>>
>>81701373
That's because you can barely call them characters
>>
File: 1480343525265.gif (958KB, 480x198px) Image search: [Google]
1480343525265.gif
958KB, 480x198px
>>81701373
>Nobody nitpicks any part of Ironman or Captain Americas characters because theres nothing to mock
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81701328
the box? obviously
>>
>>81701485
>My alien dad who died decades before they even arrived knows exactly how many of them there are and exactly how many weapons they have
Yeah, it's not like things could have changed in the time since he died...
>>
>>81701484
Your recollection goes completely against what is happening in this very thread. Seek medical attention.

>>81701497
>>81701501
No actual complaints just adhom attacks. Thanks for proving my point numbnuts.
>>
>>81701402
I think you've asked this one before, too. AI Jor wasn't privy to everything that Zod did there in the final days of Krypton. He didn't know anything beyond Zod led a coup. He didn't know that Zod had gone full-on fanatic and killed him.

In short, "Jor" had already told Clark everything he knew about Zod. Bonus round: "Jor" may have even sent the signal in the first place, or would have at least been aware of it.
>>
File: strawpoll tv.jpg (70KB, 681x815px) Image search: [Google]
strawpoll tv.jpg
70KB, 681x815px
>>81701551
Dude if you really think people enjoy those CGI airport fights, then go make a Marvel thread and see how many people like it. You are nothing but a whiny disgusting minority of spergs. And every day your presence here is noted.

>>81701484
They try their hardest making sure those threads don't happen by derailing them early on.
>>
>>81701514
Are you retarded? She put it in the basket and walked off, so obviously she's going to assume it's still in there.
>>
>>81701619
As fun as this has been, fellow DCbro, I'm off to bed. Ponder on this one:

Joker told Harley that she "erased what few memories I still had."

Did she help turn him into what he is?
>>
>>81701531
>>81701578
He knew Zod pretty well, so he probably knew how many of them in his crew. Even if he didn't knew how many, he knew his tactic, his weapons and technology. He could teach Clark about phantom zone and how to send them there. Or Clark just fly through the fucking ship.
>>
>>81701092
shown nowhere he resents it. nice headcanon tho
>>
>>81701825
He is wrong though. It's either Justice Lords universe or Crime Syndicate universe.
>>
>>81701769
So you're just going to ignore the fact that Jor either sent out the beacon in the first place or at least knew about it? He knew it while he was standing there talking to Clark. If he was going to counsel a war against anyone who might show up, he had his chance to.
>>
>>81701551
How about it's been almost 10 years and none of them have shown any character growth
>>
>>81701769
Yeah good point, I mean I have a friend I haven't seen for 20+ years, naturally I know all of his new friends, and all the weapons and stuff they might be carrying or have acquired in the 20+ years since I last saw him...
>>
>>81701907
And how is it relevant with useful info which could help Clark stop Zod?
Also
>not trusting your AI dad
>trusting man who threatens to kill everyone
>>
>>81701975
>new friends
>new weapons
From dead planet?
>>
>>81701977
Let me do all your thinking for you.

Clark goes to the ship, Zod shows up a day later. Expressly says he arrived in response to a beacon. You now know that your AI dad had to know about it. Do you trust him? Not really. Do you trust Zod? Not at all. Do you trust the people you've spent your life with? Yeah. Kinda.
>>
>>81695542

It's not an Inception style ending. Inception was ambiguous. This is pretty clear with the dirt rising the way it did

They have to spoonfeed people shit Luke that. There are still dudes now who think Superman won't be in JL because he hasn't been in the marketing yet
>>
>>81700358
can you read ? he answered to the wrong post
stop being autistic, thx
>>
>>81702072
And he trusted Zod anyway. If he hand himself over it's implying that he trusted that Zod will not kill everyone if Clark do that. So we know that Clark is naive idiot and would trust AI anyway.
>>
>>81702199
The government handed him over. He trusted us, not Zod.
>>
>>81702030
>There is only one other planet in the universe
>>
>>81702242
He fucking explicitly points this out to Lois aswell. I don't understand these people forcing flaws that aren't even there.

>Why are you surrendering to Zod?
>I'm not. I'm surrendering to mankind.

Have these people even seen the movies? I doubt it.
>>
>>81702242
So, Superman is too stupid to do the math and understand that if he will do what government wants it will lead to catastrophe?
>>
>>81702199
Also, "suffer the consequences" is sort of vague as threats go. It's just letting the other side know that there will definitely *be* consequences. It's not like he came over the airwaves threatening to go full ham and sift through our ashes for what he was after if we didn't comply.

If you can bargain from a position of power, it's not exactly a terrible idea. Your armchair-quarterbacking is the hallmark of someone who can't differentiate between what the audience knows and what the characters know.

In short, you're an autist.
>>
>>81702319
>I can hand myself over and hope they keep their word
>I will at least get a look at their ship and numbers if they betray me
OR
>I can fight this alien invasion army who have already said they have the power to kill everyone
>Who knows how many people will die while I struggle with their leader
>>
>>81702319
See >>81702442

Now at this point, all I have left to ask you is whether you're the MCU autist that gets triggered when someone mentions 72 virgins. Are you on the Mouse's payroll or some butthurt sheik's?
>>
>Marvelets still don't understand the principle of Superman obeying man despite him obviously being stronger than them
No wonder. They don't possess the concept of honor and principle. Superman surrendered on principle. He is not above mankind. He is there to serve them, not to command them. It's something the DCEU films portray really well and how it also affects Superman as a character struggling with some sort of powerlessness.
>>
>>81702442
Well, you sounds just like a fucking coward.
>>81702467
>flies through ship
>all enemies are is dead now
or
>ask dad about phantom zone
>flies to the ship
>use technology to impison everyone
?
>>
>>81702597
>Kills everyone right off the bat
Yeah, because that's what Superman would do...
>>
>>81702624
He did it in the movie. He just could do that before thousands of deaths.
>>
>>81702651
When did he do that? I don't remember him killing everyone on the ship.
>>
>>81702651
Also imagine that from the peoples point of view.
>General from another world turns up asking us to hand over one of his people who have been hiding here
>The person he is after straight up murders them without a word
Do you not see how that would make Superman look like a criminal hiding from the law?
>>
>>81702700
Stop playing dumb. He has killed Zod and imprisoned his crew. He could do that BEFORE all the deaths and destruction.
>>81702774
Nah, he got monument for defending people from his mistake. Everyone in snyderverse is retarded.
>>
>>81702597
>Well, you sounds just like a fucking coward.

Does I? Well I doesn't means to offends yourselves. You sounds more and more like you is butthurt over someone bring religion into talk, and loosing hand on second language.
>>
>>81702901
By your logic, someone should have killed you years ago and spared the world your retardation. People are guilty *after* the fact, dipshit. Not before.
>>
It's a very deep Jesus metaphor. Maybe a little too deep for brainlets like yourself. However, us true Snyderheads are a different breed. We simply operate on a higher level of intelligence to most brainwashed moviegoers. Perhaps a Marvel flick is more your speed?
>>
>>81703011
Don't be mad, kiddo. Zod has threaten to kill everyone so he should be imrpisoned. You''d go in jail if do the same, so.
>>
>>81703088
>so he should be imrpisoned
And yet you are saying that Superman should just straight up murder them all
>>
>>81703197
At first try to imprison everyone. If fails - kill them. As simple as that.
>>
>>81703088
>Zod has threaten to kill everyone

No he didn't. He said there would be consequences. I'm telling you right now that there will be consequences if I ever come face to face with someone as dumb as you. That doesn't make me guilty of a crime.
>>
>>81695620
>normies
But everyone knows he is gonna be in the justice league movie.. you cant have a JL without Superman.
>>
>>81703591
>He is not saying directly that he will kill everyone or something like that!
Lol retard. It's pretty clear that he will do something horrible. If people with a gun will threat you with "consequences" you'll gonna be like "He is not saying anything about killing me so it's okay"? Fucking cuck.
Also
>trying to look cool on 4chan
pathetic.
>>
>>81703254
>Hand over this fugitive or there will be consequences
>Huh the fugitive killed the people after him
>He must have been the good guy all along!
>>
>>81703849
Does he have a gun?
>>
>>81703908
So, Superman should care about his image more than about people's lifes?
I got ya, mate.
>>
>>81703958
>big alien ship
>threatens
>gun? xD
Are you brain dead?
>>
>>81697414
Niggers are racist desu, famalam.
>>
>>81704107
You seem to have forgotten that we see firsthand that their weapons can actually hurt Clark, too. And they have a way of neutralizing the effects of Earth's environment.

When someone hasn't made any overt moves, the diplomatic move is to attempt to negotiate. That's what Superman would do, and that's what Clark did. They just ambushed him, because they were never there looking for him in the first place.
>>
>>81704522
>not asking his AI dad about possible threats on the ship
>fully trusting Zod
>not being ready to ambush
He is stupid.
>>
>>81704637
Who brought them there again?

What had "Jor" done at that point that would have earned him much in the way of trust?
>>
>>81705104
>Who brought them there again?
Clark did.
>What had "Jor" done at that point
Well, it either Clark is smart enough to ask some tricky questions to AI to figure out if he is telling the truth or Clark is naive enough to trust AI by default.
Snyder's Clark were stupid enough to not asking questions at all.
>>
>>81705419
>Clark did.
Yeah? You sure about that? That beacon was just there bleeping away electronically in Jor's consciousness and it doesn't occur to him to mention it?

It wouldn't strike you as odd that he didn't even mention the possibility that someone might respond to it?
>>
>>81705569
>him to mention it?
He wasn't programmed to mention things. He was programmed to answer to questions. If Clark were smart enough to ask what he just did, I'm pretty sure Jor-El would answer about activated beacon. And again,
it either Clark is smart enough to ask some tricky questions to AI to figure out if he is telling the truth or Clark is naive enough to trust AI by default.
Snyder's Clark were stupid enough to not asking questions at all.
>>
>>81705693
That's a dodge. He was a full consciousness, as evinced by the actions he takes once he deduces what Zod and his guys are up to.
>>
>>81697626
>his father tells him to let the kids die

>he's too dumb to understand a comic book film
hahahahahahaha. how could a person honestly interrupt that scene that way??
Or are you just looking for a reply?
>>
>>81697751
>lois and clark
are you a 40 year old woman?
Anyway seeing as Jimmy isn't an actual CIA agent that guy who got killed was clearly just using his name. (or it was a coincidence)
don't act like you ever gave a shit about Jimmy Olsen the character before either
>>
>>81705805
Stop trying to goalpost that hard. If Clark didn't trust Jor-El, he should ask tricky questions to him to figure out if he is lying or not. But as we see, this Clark is naive enough to think that man who threatened Earth will not do bad things so he sure would trust Jor. In the movie he is not visiting Jor not because he doesn't trust him, but because he is stupid to not use opporunity.
>>
>>81701373
besides Tony just acting like RDJ most marvel characters don't have much personality and their movies are all plot with little characterization. (which is fine, its the kind of movies they wanted to make)

except of course Capt.America is a sociopath in civil war
>>
>>81706035
His father had already called him a military leader. I doubt he expected him to show up all puppy dogs and rainbows.

Now, not trusting him, what did Clark do? Brought him along and gave him a chance to prove himself. There's your tricky question. Clark has a 20,000+ year old scoutship and a phantom drive that's a "nuclear option," so he's either all or nothing against someone who hasn't yet made an overtly aggressive move.

He goes to meet the man, gets ambushed, still has a trick up his sleeve, and proves his father an ally all by just trusting his gut. And no, you don't get to just preemptive strike the last of your people, regardless of how little you trust them. It's called compassion.
>>
>>81706354
>you don't get to just preemptive strike the last of your people even if they're making clear threats to you and the whole planet
And that's how you'd get killed. And that's how Superman caused tons of deaths. He should try to imprison them because of ultimatum not blindly trusted Zod. Even if he didn't want to strike first, he should, at least, ask Jor-El about ways to defeat Zod if something goes bad and be ready for ambush. He wasn't ready for the bad scenario and improvised. His improvisation costs people their lifes.
>>
>>81706573
I think I recognize your particular brand of circular logic. Are you the guy who got massively triggered when it was pointed out that at no point did the Avengers attempt to lead the Ch'tauri at of downtown?
>>
>>81707147
Nah, I don't give a single shit about marlel quipfest. And I can see that you have no arguments to defend this shitty versions of Superman.
>>
>>81707199
Yeah, I do. The fact that he'd been Superman a whole day on top of everything else.

Which shitty version of Superman do you prefer - the shitty version that's infallible, the shitty version that's a comedian, or the shitty version that will trick his opponent into marrying a sixth-dimensional space-chimp?

Or are you someone who's read "All Star Superman" and accepted that shitty version as the Superbible?
>>
>>81707423
John's Superman is pretty much best version. And he dealt with Zod much better.
>>
>>81707637
How about Byrne?
>>
>>81707856
Byrne's Superman is outdated. Superman developed pretty good since then.
>>
>>81707947
So as long as it's Johns, you're happy. Otherwise it's shit or outdated. Is that fairly accurate?
>>
>>81707423
a problem with the concept of superman is you can't make make a "realistic" version of it that isn't the permanent boyscout or dick. You can't have a middleground there because giving godlike powers to "average person" means that person's personality gets completely maxed out, as that person no longer has to compromise on anything, ever. Thus never has to settle down into complacency.

So all the efforts at making a "realistic" superman are completely undermined by the fact he still at the end of the day has to be superman.
>>
>>81708068
Nope, as long as it's John's, Tomasi, Jurgens or any other good modern writer. Rebirth has literally best version of Superman to adapt and yet we're having shitty mix of Byrne's, Earth-1, and Birthright one.
>>
>>81708105
What do you mean by "has to be Superman?"

That he's never not him?
>>
>>81708237
That the character can't develop naturally or organically because of studio edicts that demand the character adhere to the "superman" archetype.
>>
>>81708217
I can agree with all but Jurgens. I have never liked him.

I think you do this version a discourtesy by assuming omniscience and perfect wisdom. If you applied the same degree of scrutiny to everything else in the stories you cite, Superman is a murderer by virtue of not PZ-ing all of Kandor.

"He should have known. He should have had a better plan. He should know what people are planning and trust the right people all the time."
>>
>>81708278
I think it's been pretty organic on the big screen so far. He went into his first battle as a neophyte and it cost a lot of lives. He feels guilty about it, ducks the consequences of it, and ends up playing guardian angel to a world of people that start seeing him as a god figure. He realizes this isn't the right approach and has to figure out a better way to go about being an inspirational figure.

It's all there.
>>
>>81708376
I'm okay with Superman making mistakes since he saved the whole world and humanity dozens of times. This Superman, although, saved few people on his way and bringed threat which costed thousands of lives. And Kandor wasn't threatening humanity by ultimatums or I missed something?
>>
>>81695542
>Inception
Inception wasn't ambiguous. The top wobbled.
BvS isn't ambiguous. The dirt rose.

I applaud you for the bait, though.
>>
>>81708490
>I think it's been pretty organic

Then you're stupid or lying.

An organic superman is an extension of what pa kent raises him to be. DCEU pa kent is a fucking moron who would've raised a sociopathic god-king of the earth. But studio edicts forced that to magically become a "superman" for no reason.
>>
>>81708523
He. Didn't. Bring. The. Threat. You stupid fallacious son of a bitch.

When the alien fleet shows up brandishing one of the gold discs we sent out on a Voyager probe, are you going to set out to lynch the descendants of the scientists who built it?
>>
>>81708656
No you fucking moron. Just no.
>>
>>81708835
No, because they did it on purpose due to search for alien life. Superman did it accidentally because he is dumb.
>>
>>81708835
It's Andy Warhol's fault for drawing the dick.
>>
>>81708874
Your complete lack of counter-argument has been noted.
>>
>>81709030
How's this one grab you then?

Did Clark need to push the bus out of the river?
>>
>>81707147
considering the portal was above downtown, how would they have accomplished that?
>>
>>81709019
>because he is dumb
Why would a smart person expect Zod?
>>
>>81709019
So if that disc ends up in the hands of hostiles, it's OK, because when they show up to kill us all, mission accomplished - alien life found?

Got it.
>>
>>81709144
that would be the studio edicting I'm talking about.

The character had no reason established reason to push the bus out of the river.
>>
>>81709204
Smart person wouldn't touch anything in the first place.
>>81709209
Well, there is no way they're someone like evil kryptonians and can wipe out us.
>>
>>81709164
Well, by not "bringing the party" to where they were standing in the middle of Manhattan, for starters.

Said "party" being a hundred-ton flying space whale lizard. And by goading those Leviathan out of the city instead of standing around in an epic fighting circle dealing with cannon fodder that the police could have handled and focusing their efforts on the real danger.
>>
File: laughing tom.png (190KB, 609x456px) Image search: [Google]
laughing tom.png
190KB, 609x456px
>>81707637
>Johns' version of anything the best, let alone Superman

Johns' parents don't believe that.
>>
>>81709293
>Well, there is no way they're someone like evil kryptonians and can wipe out us.

Irrelevant, A smart person wouldn't have sent it in the first place. Your logic, friend. Not mine.
>>
>>81709352
Superman know that he can bring someone like him but evil. And he actually did that.
Scientists know that even if aliens are evil, they're not as strong as kryptonians because it's comics bullshit.
>>
>>81709221
What the fuck are you even trying to say?
>>
>>81709399
>Superman know that he can bring someone like him but evil.
How? He doesn't even know he can fly.
>>
>>81709305
the army was flowing out of the portal and spreading across the city, they were keeping the army tied up near the portal. The portal they needed to shut down to stop the army. As the army on the other side was large enough to send whatever chasing down a few assholes indefinately and not notice they were gone for a few days. Leading things away from the portal would've just increased casualties.
>>
>>81709399
>>81709399
>Superman know that he can bring someone like him but evil. And he actually did that.

Oh, so your Superman must now be all-knowing as well as all-wise, because he already knows there's evil waiting. By your logic, no one ever gets to do anything unless they're precognitive.
>>
>>81709410
... that clark had no reason to push the bus out of the river and was under strict instruction to not use his powers? But since that wouldn't be superman, he had to push the bus out of the river?
>>
>>81709428
He know that he is very strong and invulnerable. His lack of knowledge about other abilites is irrelevant since these two is enough to harm humanity.
>>
>>81709446
They should have known that all they needed there was Black Widow and the spear because that's all they ended up needing.

They should have been discussing with Nick Fury a way to get that nuke in their hand so they could just fire it straight up into the portal. Problem solved.

But no, since they were all half-assed about everything something like a whole, what was it, 3 dozen people lost their lives?
>>
>>81709486
And how does that happen that comics/animated versions of Superman didn't do shit like that?
>>
>>81709497
He didn't even need to use his powers to save them. Just keep calm and guide them to safety. But then, I'm sure that's far from the only point that was lost on you.
>>
>>81709623
I don't even know what you're asking. I'm not entirely sure that you do, either.
>>
>>81709635
>superman didn't need his powers to push a bus full of drowning kids out of a river

... uh...
>>
>>81709757
hes probably talking about how comic versions of superman are rarely outright stupid like the DCEU version has proven himself to be multiple times.
>>
>>81709757
This version of Superman is the only dumb enough to bring threat like that on Earth. And also egoistic enough to not help people unless they're on his way.
>>
>>81709596
>3 dozen people

that many people die in a few seconds of MoS.
>>
>>81709596
>hey a giant army is invading through a portal in NYC and killing anything that moves

>lets get as far away from it as possible and fire nukes at it

good plan
>>
>>81709533
Again, why would he assume that putting a key in an ancient abandoned alien ship would summon space Hitler?
>>
>>81710016
>i'm clearly an alien
>i'm also a god
>i'm supposed to care about humanity kinda
>let me activate this alien space ship and see what happens

???
>>
>>81710016
Because there is a huge chance of that? And better not touch anything since he is dumb farmer, not a genius scientist like his comics counterpart?
>>
>>81695542
The rising dirt clearly shows he's alive, it's not uncertain in any way.
>>
>>81710159
>Because there is a huge chance of that?
Why?

>Have this weird key since birth
>Struggle to find out who I am
>Find a slot that finally matches the key years later
Fuck you. You'd put the key in and you fucking know it.
>>
>>81698785
>>Fatman on Batman

Fatman on Batman went from a killer celebrity podcast to literal trash the second they did the YouTube show. Even the interviews suck now.
>>
>>81710318
... I see you're forgetting about the part where he kept his ALIEN SPACE CRAFT IN HIS BARN in the DCEU
>>
>>81697626
>his mother says he doesn't owe the world a thing.

literally every parents says this to their kid it just means be your own person and do what you think is right
>>
>>81710452
Not every person has superpowers and vulnerability and wasn't sheltered by Earth.
>>
>>81710452
a kid with a normal childhood who happens to have godlike abilities would be a sociopath though.
>>
yall niggas know if you actually argue a dceu apologist into a corner they'll start talking about how "based dcbros are btfo'ing h8rs" right?
>>
>>81707423
How about the one from Superman: Birthright? A much better origin story than MoS.
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.