[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled what is the /tv/ consensus on Coherence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

Now that the dust has settled what is the /tv/ consensus on Coherence?

Also why haven't I heard of it on /tv/, even back when it first came out?
>>
Twilight zone tier story
>>
I liked it
>>
File: Coherence qt.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Coherence qt.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>that one guy would rather have the ugly, cunty womanlet than tall qt dancer gf who is basically a younger, hotter Ivanka Trump

For what purpose?
>>
>>81685272
She was more promiscuous I believe
>>
File: coherence_a.jpg (289KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
coherence_a.jpg
289KB, 1296x730px
>>81685299
>choosing promiscuous ugly cunt who will fuck your friends after you breakup over beautiful and loving, lithe qt gf
Maybe he was a cuck
>>
>"There are a million different realities out there and I've slept with your wife in every one of them."

Has anyone ever been so btfo in film?
>>
If all of the realities were basically identical why was everyone so particular about where they ended up
>>
Bad scene in this movie: when they literally tell you the plot of sliding doors.

I was like, wuuuh
>>
>>81685936
there were identical but became more and more different as the people got mixed up
>>
File: selfknife.png (9KB, 389x255px) Image search: [Google]
selfknife.png
9KB, 389x255px
>>81686053
>there
they*
>>
>>81685769
Based Xander.
>>
>>81685202
Not really a big fan of these type of horror movies
And this wasn't really that well made at all. It felt like they came up with the story thinking how to make a horror movie with shoelace budget and using single set.
>>
>>81685272
she's so beautiful, looks like the french lady in before sunrise. i am so alone.

I really liked this movie though. good acting and writing. its a shame it went under the radar a bit.
>>
>>81686121
Julie delpy
>>
>>81686106
>horror
It was simple scifi.
>>
Shit dragged, would have been a fine 30 minute tv episode.
>>
>>81686146
Whatever the fuck it was, still didn't really like it that much.
>>
File: youngpope.png (386KB, 715x401px) Image search: [Google]
youngpope.png
386KB, 715x401px
>>81686106
>>81686146
>>81686255
>>
>>81686309
I don't hate it, but here is your (You) for the bait
>>
>Power goes out
>Yuppie women panic
>Havoc ensues within seconds

Why are women so fucking dumb?
>>
Why did she replace herself at the end? And why did she do it in such a sloppy way? After knocking herself out and putting herself in the trunk of her car what did she plan to do when she woke up? And then putting her in the tub. What did she plan to do when someone found her? I'm just confused about what she was up to at the end.
>>
>>81685219
It's THAT good?
>>
>>81686335
Bitch just got fedup with everyone's bullshit so she tried the old switcheroo with a more "normal" group but of course she's totally incompetent so
>>
>>81686335
I guess she went looking specifically for a reality where none of them went outside so everything continued as normal, since her reality was all fucked up now. It was weird though, didn't really like it
>>
>>81686463
I get that part but how she went about it was weird.
>>81686429
Yes, I suppose it just felt weird since up until that point she seemed pretty smart.
>>
>>81686335
>>81686429
>>81686463
After she put her double in the trunk why didn't she put the car in drive and get out and let it go off to take her double through a dark zone and to another universe?
>>
I like these types of movies, pity the only other movie where people from alternative universes fight themselves is The One
>>
>>81686624
Thanks anon, added to my watchlist
>>
Coherence was really fucking great, I disagree with most of the negative opinions in this thread. For a low budget sci-fi I thought it was very well shot and acted. I was impressed how creepy the atmosphere was despite there being no "others" out there apart from their own selves who'd made slightly different decisions.

I also liked the subtle (and unnerving) implications that some crossover of realities had already taken place, like the door that led no-where, the ballet accident and the woman's failure to recognise the actor from a famous TV show. And, I'm glad someone threw Xander a bone because he sure as shit needed one.

As for all the people in this thread questioning the decisions that characters made during the movie: you gotta remember that no matter how stupid the decision, in an infinite number of parallel universes there will inevitably be a version of yourself who DID make that stupid decision. What we're seeing in Coherence is the realities where those bad decisions were taken.

There's a couple of good Larry Niven short stories with the same theme, I really recommend reading them
>>
Why didn't they go to the neighbor's house and ask for help or if they're experiencing something similar
>>
Funny, I've seen it last night. Reeeally like it. Is Primer any good?
>>
>>81685202
>why haven't I heard of it on /tv/
Because you're a newfag. It gets mentioned in every low-budget or indie sci-fi thread.
>>
>>81687568
>Primer any good?
No. It's awful. Watch it though and decide for yourself.
>>
>>81685202
distilled kino, which is extra lethal to plebs.
>>
Why isn't the main actress in more movies? She's beautiful and not bad at acting.
>>
What are some more nice movies like this?
>>
File: coherence-dilemma.jpg (68KB, 1920x815px) Image search: [Google]
coherence-dilemma.jpg
68KB, 1920x815px
Who would you guys choose, Laurie or Emily?
>>
>>81688312
Triangle
Time Crimes
>>
>>81687568
yes it is
no as easy to follow as Coherence though
>>
>>81689413
>yes it is
Why even lie? He's gonna watch it and know you lied. It's literally pleb filter.
>>
got chills first time i saw it.

story isn't scary but the naturalistic acting and camera work make it feel real and actually worried 'what if i saw myself next time i open a door or at the end of the street or somewhere'
>>
>>81686106
it's a thriller and the acting and camera work are what made it work on a shoestring. how can you say it wasn't well made
>>
>>81688312
this

need films that are just comfy friend simulators building up to a big dramatic moment
>>
>>81689610
Like The Man from Earth?
>>
File: 1484785753521.png (480KB, 1030x674px) Image search: [Google]
1484785753521.png
480KB, 1030x674px
I liked it, though it got pretty...wait for it... incoherent. towards the middle
>>
>a comet caused this

I liked it anyway
>>
>>81689610
The Man from Earth
Circle
Fermat's Room
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.