[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>find equipment used to make meth that was taken from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: hank.jpg (29KB, 650x371px) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
29KB, 650x371px
>find equipment used to make meth that was taken from the school your brother-in-law works at
>the meth is extremely high quality, not something an amateur could make
>realize that your brother-in-law has access to the school and is a brilliant chemist
>put the two and two together and solve the case

Is this guy an idiot? Any normal detective in this position would have caught Heisenberg by the third episode.
>>
He might have been, but also it was kind of implied that he was too close to the case to solve it. He painted a picture in his mind of what Heisenberg was like, which is why he couldn't take it when he found out he was wrong. if he had a pair of fresh eyes maybe he could have put it together
>>
He doesn't believe Walt is brilliant chemist. It's just teacher for him.
>>
>>81683062
did he though
>>
>>81683060
Even so it ruins the suspension of disbelief that a seasoned DEA agent and ALL OF HIS COLLEAGUES don't even think to investigate the chemistry teacher who contributed to Nobel-winning research.
>>81683062
Hank says Walt's got a brain the size of Wisconsin in literally the first episode, he knows how smart he is
>>
>>81683022
>>81683060
>>81683062
>>81683181
>>81683389
Hank thinks Walt is a pussy who would never take a risk like that. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>81683389
That's the entire point of the show though... an old chemistry teacher like walt is the least likely to be a meth cook. You've watched so much of the show that it seems normal to you that Walt would cook meth, whereas in reality that would be a shock.
>>
>>81683022
Hank was working for Gus, hence the last minute reveal about his true identity.
>>
>>81683389
>>81683726
Also keep in mind that the catalyst for Walt's meth cooking endeavour was his cancer, which Hank didn't know about until well after he had started looking for Heisenberg. For all Hank knew Walt was a happily married 50 year old man with a steady job. Why would a man like that stark cooking meth?
>>
>>81683824
to pay for his cancer treatments
>>
The motive was lacking. A guy who taught for this long, had a stable family relationship to then become a notorious drug dealer who miraculously doesnt end up dead or arrested was a big leap.
>>
>>81683988
Which hank didn't know about for a while
>>
>>81683770
You mean when he said Isaac Shrader? I was wondering what that meant.
>>
>>81683062
Yes, he does. Literally everyone who knows Walt knows his contribution to Grey Matter and that he is a fucking super genius.
>>
>>81683022
Mfw its been 3 years and i still have half of the last season to watch
>>
>>81683726
His cancer plays a large part. Nobody suspects the dying guy.
>>
>>81683022
Walt is a weak spineless man in his eyes
>>
>>81683022
Walt was always a fucking pussy who never stood up for himself, he couldn't picture him as a drug lord
>>
>>81684732
this, everyone outright pities him or shits on him in his adult life when we first meet him

hank probably more than anyone. he almost feels like Jr's surrogate dad because walt is such a puss

he could never fathom walt dealing drugs
>>
>be le brilliant one in a million science man with ideas that will amass millions
>lol nevermind, wife got pregnant, goodbye GrayBrain!
>your founding partners never reach out to you again
>have kid with fucking cerebral palsy and another child on the way, get cancer
>"lol wtf, I always just waived insurance lol, wow never thought I'd see my health costs rise despite my 17 year old sons literal cerabal fucking palsy"

This show is lame and I wish Bryan meme man Cranston would fuck off
>>
>>81683632
this
>>
>>81684869
Walt ran 2 jobs to support the family, he couldn't afford medical insurance, that's the land of the free buddy
>>
>>81685024
My dad is a high school teacher with literal 100% coverage even on meme shit.
In 2 months I'll have the same plan except 15 dollar copays on tier 2 and 3 prescriptions
>>
>>81683389
he meant that in a way a dumbass would, like dude you're a such braniac
>>
File: 1455388541283.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455388541283.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>81686286
That's one part of the show that never rang true to me. Chemistry teachers are a dime a dozen, yet with Walt's background--even if we accept that he failed at Grey Matter because he lacked ambition and preferred teaching--he should've at least been a tenured professor or something. And while professors aren't wealthy, their salaries and benefits are pretty solid.
>>
>>81684869
There was clearly some bad blood between Walt and the other Gray Matter founders.
For all we know they did reach out, but Walt would refuse because of his pride.
>>
>>81686519
Yeah, the chemistry teacher angle is one of the biggest realism hurdles, it implies walt is a massive fuck up in a lot of ways.
>>
>>81683022
vince gillagan is a hack
>>
>>81683632
end of thread
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.