[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see people praising pic related on /tv/ >thing it might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: mishima.jpg (16KB, 220x329px) Image search: [Google]
mishima.jpg
16KB, 220x329px
>see people praising pic related on /tv/
>thing it might be cool
>it's a biopic about an extremely narcissistic fascist homosexual

You have 10 seconds to explain yourselves
>>
>>81672681
He was a great author.
>>
>>81672681
>extremely narcissistic fascist homosexual
sounds a lot like /tv/ tbph
>>
File: 1429463487426.jpg (20KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1429463487426.jpg
20KB, 250x238px
>>81673066
>>
It's all about reconciling the physical and spiritual, words and deeds. Mishima sought to transcend the weaknesses of the body and the words that were his passion with deeds and a devotion to a higher ideal. It's about a man who wants to be grand in the way only art can be, but is condemned to be only an artist. So he makes himself and his life into a work of art.
>>
Why would you watch this without even being aware of Mishima or his work?
>>
>>81674311
Could be a Schrader fan, that's why I watched it.
>>
File: TheJewsFearTheSamurai.png (180KB, 600x329px) Image search: [Google]
TheJewsFearTheSamurai.png
180KB, 600x329px
He would have been the posterubermensche for the grand conjunction of /mljpol/ that was germinating on /qa/.
But it was thwarted by hiromoot.
>>
>>81673303
How is he viewed in Japan? Brilliant artist, or dangerous nationalist? Both?
>>
>>81676114
Not like a crazy dangerous fascist but he's admired by nationalists and i think he's appreciated by pretty much anyone interested in his field.
>>
>>81676114
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure both. At least that's the impression I got from the film, the government supported his little private army type thing. He was able to just walk into a military base and take a general hostage.
>>
>>81672681
Maybe you should read a book
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.