[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you name some good Simpsons episodes after season 14? Does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1404216188378.jpg (52KB, 576x416px) Image search: [Google]
1404216188378.jpg
52KB, 576x416px
Can you name some good Simpsons episodes after season 14? Does such a thing actually exist?
>>
>>81662850
There are none

Anybody who claims otherwise just gets off on being a contrarian. Or else doesn't really understand what made the original series so great.
>>
I challenge you to watch ALL Simpsons episodes. You have 1 year to watch them all, from s.1 to s.26 or whetever the latest season is. If you haven't watched them all after 1 year, then your mother will die in her sleep.
>>
I remember seeing one on TV where Moe was dating a midget girl, that one had some legitimately funny jokes and no social commentary faggotry
>>
>>81662850

I still argue that season 11 is, by all standards, alright. Although, that might just be my want for more Simpsons and thus willing to lower my standards though.

Post that? Fuck, the only one I can remember is Simpsons come here to Britbongistan. And some weird one with Jack Black.

Still, pointing out that the later seasons are shit doesn't make you clever - just the last one to the party at this rate.
>>
Even when the show has the rare decent gag or premise, they always run it into the ground be either explaining the joke unnecessarily, or repeating it until it stops being funny.

Every single episode is an exercise into how far the writers can stretch their minimal content over a 21 minute episode.
>>
>>81663038

I am legitimately hoping to find good/decent episodes post season 14, I'm not just pointing out the obvious. Also, I specifically said post season 14 because I believe it had one of the last good episodes, "Moe Baby Blues”.
>>
>>81663222
>I am legitimately hoping to find good/decent episodes post season 14
why though
>>
Behind the Laughter is my cutoff point, since the show can't end in a good season. And some S11 episodes are p good.

>>81662923
>Oakley and Weinstein directed the trainwreck that Principal and the Pauper was
Huh wow what?

>>81663222
Moe Baby Blues is the last one with average rating over 7 on IMDb, right? I remember someone posting a graph of the averages and it goes WAY downhill after that.
>>
not really great or anything but the Bart cruise episode around season 20 was alright. there were parts of it that could've been in a golden era simpsons episode
>>
>>81663412
>there were parts of it that could've been in a golden era simpsons episode
like what?
>>
>>81663431
the ending mainly but I'm sure there were other parts
>>
>>81663412
The one were they play Animal Collective?
>>
The last Simpsons I remember being good was the one with The Who and the trash wall...how long ago was that like 15 years?
>>
>>81663521
Over 16 years
>>
>>81663521
>The last Simpsons I remember being good was the one with The Who and the trash wall
Its kind of telling that the only things you remember from the episode are the cartoonish premise and the celebrity guest stars
>>
>>81662923
Isn't Al Jean pretty much forced to do it and if he quits the show gets canceled?
>>
Lisa Goes Gaga was funny, I like the part where he wrote boobies on the calculator
>>
>>81663502
Idk I can't remember that, but it ended with Bart in a hospital bed looking at some photos
>>
>>81663707
Yeah that one, they AnCo during the montage of what they did in the South Pole and other moments Bart remembers in that hospital scene. It really has a bit of the old Simpsons soul.

There was a future Christmas episode around that time which was similar.
>>
>>81663038
I really doubt that cause 9 and 10 were already noticeably weaker.
I mean I haven't watched season 11 but I really doubt the quality picked up after those
>>
>>81663657
He's a fucking billionaire. I don't see him complaining.
>>
Lisa goes Gaga.
>>
>>81663583
The badger
The phone area code gag.
Town divided by trash wall.

It was an enjoyable episode, and I still remember it over a decade and a half later.
>>
>>81663021

Didn't someone on /co/ get challenged that and they went into a coma after eating a donut every episode they watched?
>>
>>81663521

Season 12.
>>
It angers, amirite guys? XD
>>
>>81663810

I'll give you this bottle of chloroform if you take us to the Who

Why was chloroform used so much in that season anyway?
>>
>>81662850
Is there a single episode post season 14 that told a coherent story over 3 acts?

I can't even remember the last Simpsons episode that managed to do that.
>>
>>81664213
>TENNIS COURT, EH?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.