[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First three episodes in, here's my thoughts: >Crow is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: mst3k.jpg (468KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
mst3k.jpg
468KB, 2048x1152px
First three episodes in, here's my thoughts:

>Crow is still great
>Jonah is completely unrelateable (but I remember feeling the same about Mike at first)
>Gypsy's new voice is fucking stupid
>Servo is a flat-line, making him fly seems stupid
>The jokes are still great

As for the bads:
>Patton Oswalt is actually great
>Felicia Day is okay, but there's way too much time and attention being paid to her "singing" "talents"

In general, I feel what attracted me to the show was its hokieness and Midwestern sensibility, and both of those have been a bit lost. It feels like it's TRYING to be quirky. when it never had to before.

I'm giving it a B so far, but interested in your thoughts.
>>
Episode 1 is bad ..2 is pretty damn decent going into 3 now.
>>
>>81623880
Yea its way too clean around the edges.
>>
>>81623880
Haven't seen it, not sure I want to. Don't want the show ruined by a shitty adaptation.
Your post isn't too encouraging. If the jokes are still on point, okay that's nice, but the show was incredibly comfy as well, and I feel like it's going to lose that soul. What you said about the midwestern sensibility is spot on.
Idk, would you recommend it to a sick friend? I used to watch old episodes when I was sick with a bowl of soup and some saltine crackers and for some reason that's just how I think of it now.
>>
>>81624090
I know that feel.
>>
>>81623880
>Crow is still great
this, really surprised

Yount's take really feels like a descendant of Trace's and Bill's

and Servo is not as bland as he seemed in the promo stuff (Jonah is though; what a non-entity)
>>
I really fucking hate not being able to dislike Felicia Day without being labeled as some kind of trilby'd mysognist shitlord.

Not that it's a big deal but fuck is she bad in this role. I've never really cared about her either way before this but for sure she's never made me laugh once. When has she ever displayed comedic chops?
>>
There are so many eps of the original that I've never seen or haven't seen since I was a kid that there's really no need to ever watch this.
>>
>>81624090
i like it so far, but the show is definitely not as comfy

part of it is the lack of familiarity with the new guys, but it's also a bit too fast with the riffs and the show doesn't feel effortless in the least
>>
>have trouble telling thier voices apart
>the jokes fall flat
>some of the jokes are cringey
>the joke pacing is off
>Jonah who?
>Go away Felicia Day
>Shut up Wesley's smug face in the first episode

On the upside, the music is good, and the henchman band is a neat addition. Shame the rest sucks.
>>
>>81624090
OP again, let me extrapolate on something I think exemplifies what I mean about the Midwest thing. One of the episodes has a joke about Cellino and Barnes.

Show of hands: who knows who Cellino and Barnes are? I'll tell you: they're personal injury attorneys based in Buffalo known for having ads everywhere in NYC in an aggressive push to gain territory there.

So they put in a joke that appeals to... Manhattanites, and no one else. You saw that in the original series, but it was usually a treat for Minnesotans and a nod to their roots.
>>
>>81624446
well they aren't Midwesterners, why would they make Midwestern references

(btw, the Midwest is the worst fucking part of this country. t. Southerner)
>>
>>81624362
>polished jokes in my mst3k
fucking kill me
>>81624446
I can tolerate LA/NYC egocentricism most of the time, but that's a little disappointing to hear. Still, they made a lot of offbeat references all the time, so that alone isn't enough to turn me off. I might check out an episode
>>81624638
>Midwest is the worst! said the 60 IQ shiteater
midwest is the best part of this country t. also southerner
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.