[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only six episodes God dammit why didn't they make more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (41KB, 354x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 354x498px
>only six episodes

God dammit why didn't they make more of this kino it's the best show I've ever seen
>>
>>81612373

That's how all Brit shows are, I remember growing up loving Mr Bean and thinking I probably missed tons only to find out there were only like 14 episodes ever.
>>
>>81612373
more like Darth Ferengi's Dorkface
>>
>>81612373
Darkplace Illuminatum was only really good think about this series and intro, great intro
>>
I'm glad it didn't overstay its welcome, I appreciate it being six really funny episodes and then just stopping at that (there's only so much you can do with so-bad-it's-good comedy). But it does make me wonder what the main guy behind it has been up to
>>
I'd prefer they stopped before themselves to make a bad episode when they were out of ideas. Instead we got six episodes of concentrated brilliance.
>>
>>81612373
Because brits like quality over quantity. If the show went on it would have gone to shit fast.
>>
>>81614281
I know richard ayoade still does shit
>>
>>81612373

Have you seen the dire Dean Lerner follow up chat show thing?

That's why.
>>
>>81614401
Submarine was funny
>>
File: o-NIGEL-FARAGE-570.jpg (86KB, 570x379px) Image search: [Google]
o-NIGEL-FARAGE-570.jpg
86KB, 570x379px
>Garth Marenghi
>Nathan Barley
>Peep Show
>IT crowd
>Father Ted
>Black books
>Spaced
>Brass Eye

Why does Channel 4 have so much comedy kino?
>>
>>81614281
>But it does make me wonder what the main guy behind it has been up to
he refuses to work on television because of how Darkplace was handled
>>
>>81612373
It's this simple. British seasons are 6 episodes.
>>
The DVD extras are almost better than the show, all in character episode commentaries, extra in character cast interviews etc.
Or you could watch man to man with Dean Lerner OP.
>>
>>81614531
>Peep Show

if you like shit
>>
>>81614531
>all of this was over a decade ago
>chris morris has only done small cameos since making four lions in 2010
will channel 4 ever be funny again?
>>
>>81614670
What don't you like about peep show?
>>
>>81614713
probably not with the way the industry is heading
>>
>>81614865
it's not fair, the only funny thing on TV recently was stewart lee's comedy vehicle and now it's gone
>>
>>81614713

It's not as good as those on the list, but Man Down is pretty good.
>>
Eh, I didn't care much for this show. Seems like you either like the wacky Brit shows or you detest them.
>>
>>81614975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOCyADJaK_E
>>
>US comedy or drama has solid 1st series
>comes into its own 2nd and 3rd series
>writers run out of ideas
>show limps along until it gets cancelled after 12 series

why does this always happen?
>>
>>81612373
Nobody watched it at the time of the release, mainly due to Channel 4 barely advertising it.

I recall there was talk of a film being made but then Ayoade blew up with IT Crowd.
>>
>>81612373
It was already lagging by the end.

It is absolutely Kino though. I welcome dementia so i can laugh that hard once again.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.