[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this cluster fuck of a movie Why is it even relevant,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: TheShining.png (931KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
TheShining.png
931KB, 1280x738px
Just saw this cluster fuck of a movie
Why is it even relevant, only acting was good.
Story was random bullshit and it wasn't even scary.
Why is it even considered horror movie
>>
it might be because people get better at stuff over time

and that comparing something made decades ago, to something made yesterday with 100x the budget, experience, and examples to draw from, might be an unfavorable comparison

its why there are only a few classics, and even they feel pretty dusty
>>
>>81582285
>reasonable comment
I thought your kind was gone from /tv
>>
>>81582212
Did u notice the door knob on the ceiling?
>>
>>81582212
Like most horror movies, it has a bigger impact on kids than adults. I saw this when I was like 8 or 9, and it fucked me up. You shouldn't expect to pop in a movie about ghosts TODAY and be legitimately frightened by it, you know damn well it's just a movie.

I do think it's a good one, though. For Stephen King, it was all about his fear of being an awful husband or father, the fear that he'd get too drunk or high, or just go too crazy, and do something really unforgivable.

For Kubrick, it was all about the hotel. Trapped in an enclosed space for the winter, this family just starts soaking up the entire history of what's happened to other people on that land. They're guided by supernatural forces that are trying to lock them into a pattern, where history will repeat again and again.

Those two ideas melt together into something pretty interesting. And again, when I re-watch it, I'm also still drawing on the memory of being terrified by this shit as a kid. So I get why the impact on you wasn't as strong. But it's still a damn good ghost story, even if it doesn't actually frighten you
>>
2deep4u
>>
>>81583219
What?
>>
>>81582212
It's a great film because it has great acting, editing, cinematography, production design, sound design, basically the execution of every single filmmaking element is nearly flawless.

Stop judging horror films as a separate medium where the only measurement of quality is the number of times you got "spooked"
>>
It's a kubricks movie. They are really pretty even for todays standards. That's saying something considering it was made in the sixties.
>>
>>81582212
>2017
>just saw The Shining

young people are shit
>>
Watch the "Room 237" documentary, you'll understand then.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.