[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Times when /tv/ was right Whoever here recommended this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: aaaa.jpg (96KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
96KB, 675x1000px
ITT: Times when /tv/ was right

Whoever here recommended this show yesterday: Thanks.

Fargo and True Detective S1 are the only shows that come close to this one in recent years.

I just hope season two doesn't fuck up.
Watch it, /tv/. It's great
>>
No love for this?
>>
>>81578431
/tv/ isn't filled with middle aged women so most likely no
>>
>>81578009
Problem Child 2
>>
>>81578009
The ending was very reminiscent of the climax in Godfather. Genuinely classy homage.
>>
My mom tells me it's great.
>>
>>81578009
To be honest I thought it was a lot better than The Night Of.
>>
>>81579134
I think everyone with a brain agrees
>>
I liked the show a lot but thought it was pretty unrealistic to make the Alex Skarsgard character the guy who raped Jane, and therefore also Ziggy's father. Like, the guy she had this one interaction with years ago just happens to be in the same town she moved to? Despite it being a completely different place where she originally met him? I understand the thematic significance but it seemed like like you would need a major suspension of disbelief to be okay with it.

Besides that pretty much a perfect show. Great acting and cinematography, and for once I didn't want to strangle the child actors every time they were on screen which was a big plus.
>>
How much height bullying is there in this show? Does an alpha like Nicole make sure that a womanlet like Reese gets exactly what's coming to her?
>>
>>81579320
The contrivances of the writing in the last episode are really sketchy, particularly the Saxon Baker thing like you said.

BUT I was totally past the point of caring thanks to that magnificent interrogation scene and the montage at the end.
>>
>>81579320
>I liked the show a lot but thought it was pretty unrealistic to make the Alex Skarsgard character the guy who raped Jane, and therefore also Ziggy's father

Yes, that was a BIT too convenient. I wish the show/book wouldn't have done that in order to create some "epic twist".
I thought the show was better than that.
>>
>>81578009
I really hope they don't make a second season. The show is near perfect as it is. But of course they're already pushing the author of the book for ideas for another season

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/04/big-little-lies-season-2-liane-moriarty-1201804907/

The ending with Perry also being the one who raped Jane was too coincidentall to be believable, and the subplot with Madeline having an affair they added to the show felt tacked on and unnecessary. Still a 9/10 though.
>>
>>81579634
I'm with you but the subplot made sense from a red herring point of view.
>>
>>81578009
Loved it but what the shit? Only seven episodes? I looked forward to that and then it just ended, had no clue it was the end of the season.
>>
>>81579662
the story literally ended.
>>
>>81579658
It was only there to add another red herring, which makes it weak storytelling imo. A red herring they didn't need as you can pretty much figure out that none of these women are going to die by the last episode.

It was jarring and seemingly out of character for Madeline, which I guess was the point, but there was no real lead up to it. It's like they got halfway through shooting the season and they were like "shit, we need more stuff for Reese to do" so they quickly wrote in this affair subplot, probably on the day of filming, too.
>>
>>81579851
>so they quickly wrote in this affair subplot
Pretty sure it's in the book. She was unsatisfied with Adam "the Numale" Scott so she stepped out on him. It's just a part of the whole tapestry of how everyone is living a lie or holding a secret.
>>
>>81579903
No, it's not in the book. Was added for the show. Witherspoon was a producer and wanted a juicer role.
>>
>>81578009
I liked it.

It seems like it's perfectly setup for a second season but the show runners say there's no chance.

Kind of weird.
>>
>>81579936
Eugghhh Ok then, your criticism is legitimate. But I still liked Adam Scott being made to look like a fool.
>>
>>81579936
wrong
https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/an-exhaustive-list-of-every-way-the-big-little-lies-book-is?utm_term=.cigMX0X7zL#.kxG8BPBYOW
>27. Renata’s husband, Geoff, has an affair with Juliette, their French nanny (there's no mention of Madeline having any affairs in the book).
>>
>>81580013
Pretty much everyone is open to another season except Jean-Marc Vallée and maybe David E. Kelley. The directing on the show was beautiful, but there are other directors just as capable if Vallée can't be convinced to come back. All that's really important is if the cast is willing (they've all pretty much said they are) and Liane Moriarty is there to write it.
>>
>>81580120
(there's no mention of Madeline having any affairs in the book).

You just proved me right.
>>
>>81580237
O yeah I meant to quote the other guy
>>
>>81580013
What would a second season even be about? We've already seen the most dramatic moments of these characters lives. Are we supposed to watch Celeste go on blind dates now? Or watch how Madeline and her daughters are bffs? How Jane and Ziggy are happy and she isn't scared anymore? I don't really see what's left to say.

The only thing that even hints at a season 2 is the detective watching them through binoculars at the end. But this isn't a gang of criminals she's watching. It's not like these women get together to kill abusive husbands or something. I don't know how you could frame an entire season around them still being investigated when it's not like they do anything incriminating in their daily lives.
>>
>>81578009
The moment I saw Adam Scott's character I jue KNEW he was a cuck. Why is RedPill never wrong, bros?
>>
>>81580552
The husband beef and Reese's adultery are still up in the air.

With a cast like that it's not hard to find new drama. They're all insane.
>>
>>81580591
U talkin U2 to me?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.