[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I actually am liking Jonah a lot. I hate Tom Servo's voice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

I actually am liking Jonah a lot. I hate Tom Servo's voice but Crow is pretty good.

Mads are fine, lame as ever. I actually like the little TV screen interludes describing the movie from Max.

The song about monsters was great.

I think... I think they pulled it off.
>>
>>81565726
even if you're right, you're wrong, purely on principal

nuMST3K is not good because it must not be good
>>
>>81565726
my middle name is Jonah. name sucks
>>
>>81565875

Well, here's some fodder for you. I'm on the second episode now and so far I've heard (direct quotes)

"Honey badger don't care!"
"Go home Raccoon, you're drunk"

It just smells like somebody let a woman in the writer's room and they needed to include some of her "best jokes" in this episode.

On the other hand, I cracked up a lot at

"Hey! Save some Montaulk Monster for the rest of us!"
>>
>>81565726

Shut up camel enabler.
Go kill your wife, ugly.
>>
>>81565726
Never watching it, same as nu-Star Wars.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, though. Fucking asshole
>>
>>81566001
>"Honey badger don't care!"
>"Go home Raccoon, you're drunk"

Reddit comments: the show.
>>
>>81566001

Felicia Day did writing on several of the episodes. Jonah Ray said he made sure to yell "Watch out for snakes!" so for that alone I'll watch it.
>>
I hate the way that fat person looks
>>
>>81565726
You type like a Redditor and you sound like a shill. Fuck you, and Joel. Mike had dignity
>>
>>81566067

is that really how it is?

that's absolute cancer, really, just this post alone makes my soul die
>>
>>81565726
Netflix is dead to me
>>
>>81566001
>"Honey badger don't care!"
>"Go home Raccoon, you're drunk"

this shit right here is what's going to kill it for me.
I like Patton a whole lot, dont really care about Felicia Day one way or the other, and i have no clue who the new joel/mike guy is, but i was REALLY apprehensive about them running this thing, and i was hoping it wasn't going to be just youtube podcast-tier pandering to a "nerd audience" and that they could set aside their respective schticks and just have fun in the spirit of show.
riffing tired internet memes ruins it.

...but i'll probably still watch at least 1 or 6 episodes anyways....
>>
File: 250px-RhodeislandMonster[1].jpg (15KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-RhodeislandMonster[1].jpg
15KB, 250x188px
>>81566061
>>81566197

OP here. This comment was also me:

>>81566001

So I'm not fully drinking the Kool-Aid here. I acknowledge the lame as fuck jokes (can they even be called that?) in that comment. But there are also jokes that hit. I'm wrapping up the second episode now and am optimistic. The best thing I can say about it is that I have it on in the background and it feels like doing that with MST3K. Until of course, you hear jokes like the Reddit ones I mentioned. But every era had a few dud jokes.

Don't know what you mean by talk like a Redditor, sorry dude. I use complete sentences? I think that we do that here too.
>>
>>81566393
It was the spacing. And even a good joke is ruined by timing anon. Even old MST3K knew when to shut the fuck up and let the movie play out
>>
To be fair, the new cast is in its first season and that's the time when they figure out their particular style. Or fail and fizzle out.
>>
>>81566227

OP again. So far some things I've heard referenced:

-Twitter
-Kickstarter
-Two and a Half Men
-Tame Impala
-Legends of the Hidden Temple
-Lebron James

So far no Trump references, but I wouldn't put it past them.
>>
>>81566583
So no references to classic movies, film techniques, Shakespear, obscure Midwestern humor, etc?
>>
>>81566635

Jonah just called a penalty on the movie for breaking the 180 rule, so yes they cover film techniques.

It's not as LOL so randum xD as you guys fear. In fact they do seem to have heart and try to make new memorable jokes, with some nice singing, fan mail segments. To their credit, they really jump right into it without a lot of pomp and circumstance.

When this thing hits Netflix the threads are gonna be a bloodbath.
>>
>>81566810
That's cool. Won't watch it, ever, but this is good information, thanks for providing it.
>>
>>81566583
Why wouldn't Orange Anus be referenced? The original MST3K made reference to political figures.
>>
>>81566583
>Those references
Man, fuck this horseshit.
>>
>>81566996

Spazz down
>>
I still don't get why Joel didn't just do it himself. He was doing Cinematic Titanic. It's strange.
>>
Oh man, you mean there are LAME jokes in this thing? HOW TERRIBLE. I am a diehard MSTie and have watched hundreds of hours of this show and I can tell you the old shows never had shifty quips or completely unfunny jokes. It sounds like I'll be cancelling my Netflix subscription
>>
File: 1466632241403.jpg (238KB, 761x800px) Image search: [Google]
1466632241403.jpg
238KB, 761x800px
Wait, it's out already?
>>
>>81567565

I backed it on Kickstarter. It'll be out to the public on Friday.
>>
>>81565726

Why didn't they go with the original voice actors for Tom and Crow?
>>
>>81566001
How are you one the second episode when it hasn't come out yet?
>>
Finishing the last episode now and you guys are buttmad for no reason. It's on par with the old seasons with a similar feel and tone. The references are from all over the place, not particularly political, and include just the right amount of references to old episodes. The new mads are a bit cringey, but so we're the old ones. I wish Servo's voice were a bit more like Kevin's, but it grew on me a bit.

Anyway, sorry to interrupt your crying, babies. Please carry on.
>>
>>81567715

see

>>81567590
>>
>>81565726
I've not watched it yet lads, Are Felicia Day and Patton "Deadwife" Oswalt as bad as I think they are in it?
>>
>>81567824
Did you like the skits from seasons 8-10 with Pearl, Bobo, and Brain Guy? They're pretty much that bad.
>>
File: mmxa.png (239KB, 312x413px) Image search: [Google]
mmxa.png
239KB, 312x413px
>>81567852
>>
>>81567852
Is it wierd that I like those segments precisely because they're a bit goofy and cheesy?
>>
>>81567066
What do you mean? Cinematic Titanic was collaboratively written like old-MST3k. And he did do it himself in the sense that nobody else from MST3k was asked or involved and all expressed surprise when the kickstarter showed up.
>>
>>81566061
same

i refuse to let my nostalgia get commodotized, even if it means i miss out on a thing or two i might actually like
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.