[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People honestly don't think the DCEU is a refreshing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 41

>People honestly don't think the DCEU is a refreshing take on classic characters and something special other than the usual run of the mill capeflicks that get massed produced

Honestly these movies feel mythical. A lot more so than your average fox-men or doctor strange. BvS can be watched multiple times and still retain that grand vibe. Only other cape movie I can think that can be rewatched multiple times is Cap: Tws.
>>
>WB just copies whatever Marvel does in their movies and fails every time
>refreshing take
>>
File: 1490127980355.jpg (231KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1490127980355.jpg
231KB, 1370x2048px
OP here. Just adding I love what they've done so far. And I love the updated or slightly reimagined take on these characters. Joker, lex, supes. Aqauman, bats, flash...all of them. It's a new age of heroes. Not the same old stuff we've gotten from cartoons, games, comics, etc. Why not welcome the new changes? The characters still capture that gravitas most capeflicks dont. I like the almost biblical feel the stories DC is attempting to tell. "The age of heroes" as Diana puts it
>>
>>81565662

Hello, pay attention. I said refreshing take on classic characters. What does that have to do with marvel? Can you get Disney out of your ass for one second?
>>
>>81565755
Firstly, DC isn't trying to tell this, warner bros is.

Secondly, Lex Luther is not a good update on the character. Batman using guns is fucking stupid. Having Joker tattooed DAMAGED across his head is really fucking stupid. Supes being an emo is really fucking stupid.

They changed the characters to the point where the only resemblance they have to their originals are their costumes. Diana isn't a fucking walking skeleton.
>>
>>81565616
This picture only further clarifies how shit the DCEU is. The pictures on the left look so much better.
>>
>>81566879
/thread
>>
>>81565808
>something special other than the usual run of the mill capeflicks that get massed produced

you're not fooling anyone
>>
>>81566903
That's because that's alex ross he's an insanely good artist
>>
>>81565616

These characters feel far from mythical. Why do DCEU fans need throw out these buzzwords to feel better about their flicks?
>>
>>81565662

What were MoS and BvS copying?
>>
>>81566879
>Lex Luther is not a good update on the character. Batman using guns is fucking stupid. Having Joker tattooed DAMAGED across his head is really fucking stupid. Supes being an emo is really fucking stupid.

Got any actual arguments there sparky?
>>
>>81567031
How much do they pay?
>>
>>81567031
Want to explain to me why Lex Luthor has to be a edgelord?

Want to explain to me why DAMAGED needed to be tattooed on Jokers face?

Want to explain to me why Superman needs to be emo?

Want to explain to me why they casted a skeleton with no acting skills to play one of the trinity?

Want to explain to me why Batman has to use a machine gun on the batmobile?
>>
File: sadggg.png (874KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
sadggg.png
874KB, 1280x688px
DC movies are confusing and weird and depressing.

Marvel movies are FUN
>>
>>81565616
Dude it's like... not funny anymore
>>
>>81567090
This. Marvel films are shit but they're fun. I don't want high-school tier philosophy in my fucking capeshit. People moaning about quips would hate the fucking 80's as they were full of them in action films.

If you like BvS, fine, but pretending it's shit don't stink is the height of delusion. Marvel and DC are both shit. One is run of the mill shit, paint by numbers, but ultimately fun and enjoyable, which then gives money and makes suits more secure for experimental shit (see; Deadpool and Logan) whilst DC is literally "If we can't beat Marvel at their own game, we'll get a crazy bastard to do the films and anybody who calls it shit online will get blasted by fanboys going 'HURR UR JUST DON'T GET IT THE SIGN OF THE FLOOR THAT'S BURNT ISN'T JUST A BURNT SIGN IT'S ACTUALLY A VERY CLEVER METAPHOR ABOUT SOME SHIT I'VE MADE UP AND SYNDER IS A GOD AND HE KNEW AND HE PUT IT THERE PRAISE DC'".

Capeshit is s hit. Marvel is shit. DC is shit. Marvel is fun. DC is trying to mix two unmixable things, capeshit and intellectual themes. The two are polar opposites.
>>
>>81567223
This as well. Capeshit will always be capeshit. Comics were made for kids, and it wasn't until those kids grew up and wanted people to take their stuff seriously that they started making all this pseudo intellectual garbage. Not to say it can't be done, but let's not compare Watchmen to some of the greats of literature. It's still a graphic novel. The MCU understands this. You're not going to be able to get deep into the human psyche with capeshit. Just embrace it for what it is.
>>
>>81567070
>Want to explain to me why Lex Luthor has to be a edgelord?
He always was
>>81567070
>Want to explain to me why DAMAGED needed to be tattooed on Jokers face?
That's the joke
>>81567070
>Want to explain to me why Superman needs to be emo?
Try being him for a day.
>>81567070
>Want to explain to me why they casted a skeleton with no acting skills to play one of the trinity?
Give someone new a chance and not be bombarded with "bimbo" complaints.
>>81567070
>Want to explain to me why Batman has to use a machine gun on the batmobile?
He always did.
>>
File: 1491974015760.jpg (236KB, 1024x1458px) Image search: [Google]
1491974015760.jpg
236KB, 1024x1458px
>>81565662
Is it like that in bizarro world?
>>
File: 1490454557638-tv.jpg (2MB, 2448x7816px) Image search: [Google]
1490454557638-tv.jpg
2MB, 2448x7816px
Not OP.
>>
>>81567407
>Lex always an edgelord
No he wasn't
>>81567407
>LOL DAMAGED on the forehead would be a funny joke
Really?
>>81567407
>Superman is emo because he has to have the burden of dealing with people
You don't understand the core of what Superman is.
>>81567407
>Give someone new a chance and not be bombarded with "bimbo" complaints.
Cast a skeleton in a role supposed to be for big muscular woman and it's a miscast. That's what WW was, a miscast.
>>81567407
>Batman always used guns
See pic
>>
>>81567414
Can they be sued? This shit can't be legal
>>
>make bad movie
>spend millions in attempt to realign public opinion of the movie in order to release another movie in the franchise
>repeat

the DCEU
>>
>>81567628
That explains the disney shill invasion being so bad that even the mods had to stop it, sure
>>
>>81565616
I also agree with this. I like the different take of the narrative.

I can understand the comicbook fags gripe, they wanted DC films just like the marvel ones; origin story/bad guy in second film/ another bad guy in third film. That crap has been done to death

I think the DCEU film universe will be small compared to Marvel, and thats good to be honest. Alot of people are getting sick of the same crap
>>
There's nothing refreshing about grim & gritty superheroes.
>>
>>81567716
>I can understand the comicbook fags gripe, they wanted DC films just like the marvel ones; origin story/bad guy in second film/ another bad guy in third film. That crap has been done to death

Comic book fans wanted to see the characters from the comics..

I want to see Batman act like batman and superman act like superman and lex act like lex. How fucking hard is that?
>>
>>81565616
What should I expect out of the Aquaman movie? I want adventurekino like it's a fantasy film.
>>
>>81567771
well its a different take. Its all explained quite well
>>
Don't let the Marvel drone hate get you. The DCEU is great and BvS is a masterpiece. They're just butthurt all they have is Russo and Takiki Wahili while DC has Snyder.
>>
File: marvel bots.jpg (385KB, 1352x903px) Image search: [Google]
marvel bots.jpg
385KB, 1352x903px
>>81567056
>>
>>81567223
I truly hope you kill yourself Marvel third-worlder.
>>
>>81566879
Luther was miscast, batman can use whatever the hell he wants joker only works if he is actually jason todd (don't see that happening) and supes as the weight of the world on hs shoulders.

All in all not too bad
>>
>>81567802
Batman and Superman are archetype characters.

You don't need to fucking reinvent them, especially since you are doing a fucking cinematic universe. Nobody should take red sun superman and turn it into a cinematic universe. You know why? Because that's fucking stupid.

Stick to the actual characters. They don't need to be reinvented to work on screen.
>>
>>81567807
to be fair that thor 3 trailer was quite good, even if it were cheating using a very good song (all the teenagers will be digging up LZ now ffs).
Im just skeptical marvel would allow even spielberg to make his own vision, let alone an up and coming director
>>
>>81567544

There is literally a machine gun on the Batmobile in TDK and Bruce just says "Rubber bullets. Promise. :^)"
>>
>>81566879

Snyder is creating the Universe. (Was)

That's Doomsday Lex for you.
Bats only used a gun in Flashpoint.
Sups is New52.
They really Fcked up Joker.

The New 52 changed the characters; In a Flash. (Get my Pun there)
No body said Diana was a skeletor.
Were people complying in the 70s about it?

>>81567031

Just giving my two cents here
>>
>>81567663
>stickying a reminder that the thor trailer is out
>mods getting rid of shills

... are you retarded?
>>
>>81565616
>Honestly these movies feel mythical.
Oh yeah, the hamfisted religious allegories really spark the imagination.
>>
>>81567856
doesn't he also use a gun earlier in the comic?
>>
>>81567894
The mudslime is still butthurt that BvS alludes to multiple religions.
>>
>>81567889
The sticky said the contain the shilling to one thread at a time. I hope they do the same with Star Wars because fuck
>>
>>81567856
>>81567897
TDK isn't canon
>>
File: attack from above.jpg (46KB, 320x219px) Image search: [Google]
attack from above.jpg
46KB, 320x219px
>>81567544
Orly

The "I dont kill people" shtick is a recent addition to his character.
>>
File: marvel quips bot.png (333KB, 1736x811px) Image search: [Google]
marvel quips bot.png
333KB, 1736x811px
When will WB hire some shills like Disney does? It honestly gets tiresome having to fend off the Disney Paki army every thread.
>>
>>81567838
I don't think he was miscast. He or they just chose a really godawful direction to take the character. That guy plays dismissive and arrogant better than most. It should have been something he could have done in his sleep. They just... I don't even know honestly. I would have preferred them Digitally recreate Gene Hackman and cut his audio together into new lines rather than fucking performance.
>>
>>81567922
surely thats subjective. Its fair for Snyder to use it as material to influence his film
>>
>>81567930
>shills pretending they aren't shills

for what purpose

you guys don't even bother trying to change your writing style
>>
>It's another Marvel drones pretend they didn't care for BvS while spending 10 hours of their day shitposting these threads episode
Mental illness or Disney salary? Same 3-4 Pakis every thread .
>>
>>81565616
All capeshit is shit except Raimi and Burton. Nolan, Snyder, and MCU got carried away with seriousness and making money, respectively.

But Burton and Raimi had integrity. They actually wanted to make something good.
>>
>>81567915
>for several days the board had a stickied advertisement for the new marvel movie

>this got rid of advertising on 4chan

are
you
retarded
?
>>
>>81567929
It's a thing that defines the whole character.

>>81567940
Yeah because every hack director uses TDK they can't get enough of it and all they do is suck it's dick and Year One.
>>
>>81567967
Nolan and Snyder both have integrity and their vision is clearly represented through the film. You can't say the same about the MCU. Hell even Raimi had to bend over for Sony in SM3.
>>
>>81567929
>dude no killing is recent!
>has to go back to the 30s to find examples of killing

this is trolling right? or is the goal to keep posting stupid shit over and over until people tire of responding and then using the lack of response as validation?
>>
>>81565616
Why does wonder woman use her bracelet things to block bullets when her whole body is bulletproof?
>>
>>81567876
Snyder and Goyer completely fucked up the universe, god help the people that have to clean up their mess.
>>
>>81567989
>snyder has integrity

turkish air knows how much integrity he has. also jeep, sears, 711, ihop, etc, etc.
>>
>>81568016
She isn't bulletproof.
>>
File: marvelsgiant1.jpg (236KB, 1200x918px) Image search: [Google]
marvelsgiant1.jpg
236KB, 1200x918px
>>81566931
He's a fucking monster, everytime someone tells me x costume is too stupid to work irl I die inside thinking of his stuff.
>>
>>81567987
It's a thing that made him marketable to sunday morning cartoons. Your mommy and daddy aren't going to let you watch a show about a serial killer.
>>
If you just want the comic stories retold, why not read them again??
>>
File: disney shill.jpg (259KB, 1077x759px) Image search: [Google]
disney shill.jpg
259KB, 1077x759px
It's impossible to discuss DC on the Internet. Disney shills have completely penetrated all forms of social media. I have to hand it to them, they have absolutely obliterated WB in marketing. The way they killed BvS before it was even released was nothing short of masterful. WB Marketing still lives in the 90's. Meanwhile Disney is fucking them all over with a thousand shills.
>>
Why do you dc fucks have such a hard time accepting that no one 20 years from now is going to be like "oh shit, I haven't seen justice league in a long time." And pop it in.?
>>
>>81568025
Go look at some of the shit that almost happened with nolan's trilogy.

It's clear WB is fucking things up, hard, and snyder is just too much of a company man to tell them to go fuck themselves.

Of course snyder is also legitimately retarded so whatever.
>>
>>81568047
The people whining here don't care about the comics either. They just want something to whine about so MCU looks better in comparison. It's shill wars. Don't trust anything you read here.
>>
>>81568053

No one now is going to be like "oh shit, I remember Doctor Strange exists." And pop it in.
>>
>>81568050
ever consider most people just don't like the DCEU? that it isn't paid shilling, that its really just people expressing their distaste for a completely botched series of movies?
>>
>>81568056
Imagine being this butthurt the MCU will never have a talent like Snyder.

It's ok you'll always have the Russos to direct CGI airport fights. What an auteur!
>>
>>81568004
>>
>>81568053
no one has seen it yet, who knows. I may think about Batman v Superman in 20 years time, but who knows; there will probably be another film with the same title before then
>>
>>81568067
so I shouldn't trust people trying to say bvs was actually good?
>>
>>81568081
Someone who "doesn't like DC" doesn't spend 10 hours of their daily time for years on end talking aobut how much you don't like it. We know who you are. We know what timelines you post in the most. We know your arguments. It's all the same recycled shit. It's all the same writing style. You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>81568092
THOMAS WAYNE AS BATMAN is in the fucking filename.

This is Earth-2 Batman, Bruce died in the alley and his dad went full Bronson in Gotham.
>>
>>81568053
No one 20 years from now is going to go "oh shit, I haven't seen Avengers in a long time." And pop it in.?
>>
>>81568106
make up your own mind. It clearly has a mixed opinion. Just dont ever watch the theatrical cut, its like mental gymnastics
>>
>>81568080
Yeah they will, people will marathon the entire MCU, even the worst ones, just because it's part of the larger, amazing set.
>>
>>81568113
negro, no one does that.
>>
>>81568124
by then it'll be bigger than Eric Robert's filmography, and probably have more shit
>>
>>81568119
Sorry abot that
Let me show you BRUCE
>>
>>81568123
the extended cut didn't add anything meaningful to bvs
>>
>>81568113
You've built quite the gestalt universe for yourself. Where everyone with a brain agrees with you and everyone else is a paid shill. Bravo, you're taking mental illness to new dizzying highs.
>>
>>81568132
Yeah sure you don't.

Sure you don't...
>>
>>81568147
it made it somewhat redeemable. I liked the politics side but thats just me.
>>
>>81568143
They can't all be zingers, but be sure to absolutely trash the next bad one they release... which will happen any day now... right? right guise?
>>
>>81568156
are you trying to imply I posted any of those?
>>
>>81568145
>He's gonna use Final Crisis as an example

Morrison makes Batman use a gun to fucking save the universe for a very specific reason and you'd know it if you read it.
>>
>>81568145
>literally says "I'll make an exception just for you" a couple of panels earlier

Are you done?
>>
>>81568147
Yes it did. The smaller nuances that makes the story richer.
>>81568155
How many hours a day do you spend your time in these threads? It's a religion to you. Or job. I don't know which is worse.
>>
>>81568165
all it added were more plot threads that would be abandoned as soon as lex kidnaps martha.
>>
>>81568080
I don't mike mcu either... It's fucking stupid, fans of both sides are seriously bragging about who is fucking a bigger ant hill.>>81568080
>>81568080
>>
>>81568195
the story was shit, so making it richer isn't a good thing
>>
>>81568172
there has been many to be fair. Not to be a dickhead in a BvS thread but Civil War was the final straw for me. It was a 2 hour fuckabout building up to something with a result of 'tune in next time for'
>>
>>81568210
No "plot threads" were abandoned as they tied into Lex's conspiracy. Why do you keep spout these lies every day?
>>
>>81568229
I think the reality is the DCEU shills started forcing a brand war because that's easier than defending any aspect of the DCEU.
>>
File: batman-Odyssey-2-1.jpg (59KB, 575x244px) Image search: [Google]
batman-Odyssey-2-1.jpg
59KB, 575x244px
>>
>>81568195
>How many hours a day do you spend your time in these threads?
I just got here, literally my second post in this thread you just replied to.
A day? Under one, less than half an hour usually. I have shit to do. Kek strike me down if I'm lying.

I'm just amazed as I browse these threads that people with your cognitive impairments can even exist let alone function well enough to shitpost.
>>
>>81568252
You've already exposed yourself by admitting you have a corporate bias. Go whine more about Suicide Squad winning Oscars. That meltdown was hilarious for weeks.
>>
>>81568240
not a single aspect of "lex's conspiracy" mattered in the slightest to his kidnapping of martha.
>>
>>
>>81568271
>admitting you have a corporate bias

feel free to elaborate on that, single person who's in every single one of these threads at this time posting the same things over and over again.
>>
>>81568258
Yeah it's just a coincidence that you type the same every day and use the same debunked arguments over and over again.

JUUUUST A COINCIDENCE
>>
>>81568124

Every MCU movie is already forgotten a month after it comes out.
>>
>>81568279
>After misreading panels from TDKSA he tries 30s Batman and an alternate Batman, then Final Crisis, now fucking ODDYSSEY

Don't pretend you read comics and know the source material, it just gets more and more awkward.
>>
>>81568275
Yes it did. Are you trying to be dense on purpose or are you really this retarded?
>>
>>81568279
>>81568253
>>81568145
>>81568092
how long did it take you to find these four panels of "batman" "killing" in order to take them out of context to act like the DCEU's direction is a valid interpretation?

Also why did you drop the "NOT MUH" line of counter argument?
>>
>>81568238
I really enjoyed civil war. People had their problems with it, but it was fair superior to that BvS shit splatter mess. I actually went into it ignoring what people were saying about it. I paid full price for two tickets in 3d. I wanted so desperately for it to be good, and it had moments where you could see the potential. Unfortunately, as most people discovered, they tried to cram too many stories into one movie to skip all the world building that marvel did to create their universe, because they want to cash in on that fat avengers-style justice league payout. I'm sorry if you're too blinded by fan-boyism to see this or perhaps you genuinely enjoy shit films, either way I wouldn't want to be you for anything this universe could offer me.
>>
>Let's make superman dark and broody because of Nolan Dark Knight series!!
>>
the DC movies are drastically inferior to the marvel movies

not because they're unfaithful to the source material, thought that is evident

but because they inject statist propaganda into them, pretending that they are creating art, when in reality they're trying to legitimize lies
>>
>>81568336
>I really enjoyed civil war.
Stopped reading there.

Kindly refer to /co/ and stay there you fat piece of shit.
>>
>>81568329
Feel free to elaborate on that. I like reading headcanon.

>dude I'll kill some african warlord and his army and frame superman for it so I can kidnap martha
>>
>>81568314
For you maybe. Your opinion doesn't carry anymore weight than (you).
>>
>>81568347
Marvel is globalist propaganda. No wonder the Marvel shills hated BvS for pointing them out for the audience to see.
>>
>>81568321
>He doesnt read cartoon books made for young children, what a loser.

You sure showed me
>>
>>81568184

You seem to know things about comics, why is Final Crisis considered not that great? I read it and couldn't seem to make heads or tails of it, but that's probably because I didn't read Crisis on Infinite Earths beforehand (I read Infinite Crisis but I don't think that made much of a difference)
>>
>>81568351
You stopped reading there because you're incapable of reading more than a few sentences without a mouthful of mountain dew dorito soup. Please don't project your weight or mental problems on me just because my opinion differs from yours and happens to align with a great many other people's opinions.
>>
>>81568353
It was to make Superman look like a villain so Batman would fight him you fucking moron. Damn these Marvel shills really hit rock bottom in IQ.
>>
>>81568385
I stopped reading there because I know when an MCUck is going to waste my time or not. It's honestly pretty nice that you saved me 30 seconds of my life by starting with proclaiming your love for Civil War. There is nothing more fulfilling to me than seeing that admission of shilling.
>>
>>81568367
as if you could escape globalist propaganda in any medium

DC is far more aggressive about it

the batman movies were literally 'anyone who doesn't love and protect money is crazy and evil like joker,' and 'anyone who wants to fix society's problems is a terrorist and must be killed'
>>
>>81568419
This commie fuck triggered as fuck by TDK.
>>
File: marvel-v-dc.jpg (699KB, 1920x1602px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-v-dc.jpg
699KB, 1920x1602px
>When the Marvel shills become so desperate they start praising Civil War

I've seen it all now.
>>
File: 1449573553193.png (300KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449573553193.png
300KB, 500x500px
>>81568092

>Look up Thomas Wayne Batman
>His wife Martha Wayne is so traumatized by the event she cut her face into a garish grin and soon enough, descends into insanity and becomes the altered timeline's Joker.

Seriously?
>>
>>81568414
You're incapable of reading anything that disagrees with your opinion because it causes some kind of sad cognitive dissonance. You want to believe you're in the "right" camp, and that your fandom will pay off eventually if you stick it out long enough. Really though, even if the next set of DC movies are amazing (and I hope they are) you're still autistic as fuck because no one can see into the future, and making a prediction based on the past is the best thing we can do. Man of steel was meh, BvS was dogshit and Suicide squad should have been aborted. Doesn't speak much for the future of the DCU.

Deal with it. But I bet you won't. If you next post contains any rebuttal that contains the words "shill" "paid" "cuck"(or any variations there of) or really anything that's meant as an offensive slur in retaliation for perceived slights (which I've not made towards you, autism being something many people have - there's no shame), your opinion is null and void and you've proven everything I have said.
>>
>>81568500
Flashpoint was trash.
>>
>>81568391
>most of the plotlines before lex kidnaps martha are about getting superman to fite batmans

>all are dropped as soon as lex kidnaps martha

I said that earlier.
>>
File: tumblr_mlqqhq0tRe1rpok63o1_1280.gif (498KB, 1008x1836px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlqqhq0tRe1rpok63o1_1280.gif
498KB, 1008x1836px
>>81568379
I quite like it, but it's an absolute bonkers story (/co/ has made a wiki for theories surrounding it http://hypercrisis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hypercrisis_Wiki ) and everything is full symbolism and meaning and possibilities, and Batman even states he's making an exception here.

Have a (very big and somewhat confusing) reading guide

>>81568371
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>81568533
How are they dropped when they are crucial in changing Batman's and society's perception of Superman? They are essential.
>>
>bvs thread
>half the posts are that one guy who keeps talking about various Indian subcontinent people being paid by disney to talk badly about the DCEU
>>
>>81568524
Damn imagine being this butthurt Marvel pajeestani
>>
>>81568548
because they don't actually have any effect on batman or society's perception of superman?
>>
>>81568572
Thanks for the validation. Come again.
>>
File: marvel paki twitter bots.jpg (145KB, 955x559px) Image search: [Google]
marvel paki twitter bots.jpg
145KB, 955x559px
>>81568562
The other half various Indian subcontinent people being paid by disney to talk badly about the DCEU
>>
File: S61110-234049.jpg (380KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
S61110-234049.jpg
380KB, 1280x720px
>>81568004
Rëddit leave.
>>
File: 744771-final_crisis_4_page_3.jpg (443KB, 1037x1600px) Image search: [Google]
744771-final_crisis_4_page_3.jpg
443KB, 1037x1600px
>>81568379
Not op but finale crisis is even polarizing to hardcore fans, some see it as a genius deconstruction of the superheroes and villains while others just see it as morrison juggling a lot of half baked ideas
>>
>>81568577
But they do. Watch the film again.
>>
>>81568596
son, there are no indians
>>
File: S61107-234357.jpg (227KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
S61107-234357.jpg
227KB, 1280x720px
>>81568194
>>
>>81568616
But they don't unless you're actively generating headcanon to plug all the plot holes.
>>
>>81568635
But they do unless you are retarded enough to think the media reporting didn't contribute to changing Wayne's perception of Superman.
>>
File: 14912274502820.png (123KB, 199x255px) Image search: [Google]
14912274502820.png
123KB, 199x255px
>>81567982
https://mobile.twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=batman%20v%20superman%20rain&src=typd
>>
>>81568617
Then who the fuck keeps calling me to tell me there is a virus on my computer?

Does anyone actually fall for that gag?
>>
>>81568659
My God. DC is up against a monster. Disney will swallow them whole with this amount of desperate smear campaigns.
>>
>>81568145
>Darkseid
>dying
he just takes long naps
>>
>>81568630
he's literally reaching for the guy in second to last panel
>>
File: when she succ in 7d.jpg (15KB, 466x353px) Image search: [Google]
when she succ in 7d.jpg
15KB, 466x353px
>>81568613
>half baked
oh he was 300% baked my dude
>>
DC could be GOAT but has extremely poor execution
>>
>>81568659
Why are most of them spics? Does Disney have spic shilling farms or what?
>>
>>81568308
I'm convinced DCucks are also die hard Trump supporters. Both are delusional and fanatical.
>>
>>81568331
> 1:45:40 - 1:55:00

About 10 minutes
>>
>>81568776
Go to sleep Pedro. The wall is getting built and your Disney salary won't change that.
>>
>>81568774
Anyone know? I remember seeing a spic Disney shill on /tv/ a few days ago accidently ousting himself and then fucking off. Is the Disney shill farm in Mexico?
>>
>>81567223
>DC is trying to mix two unmixable things, capeshit and intellectual themes
bravo to them desu. rates higher on my book. i'll decide for myself whether they're unmixable or not
>>
>>81568834
But no, as spoken by our Gods at Disney, there must be zero attempts whatsoever to elevate the genre past infantile quips and barely differentiated characters to end with a sequel teaser.
>>
I really like what they did with MoS and some parts of BvS, it gave Superman a new look that fits the current world.

The problem is that the ship is fucking huge and there doesn't seem to be a captain, case in point Suicide Squad. I went in with an open mind and that movie was shit. It was a mess and just didn't mix well with the rest of DCEU.

I just really wish they had a game plan before starting, and gave the reins to one single person.
>>
>>81568867
I just stick with the Snyder films and treat anything else as a bonus. This is Snyder's trilogy from MoS to BvS to JL. I don't think SS is part of that.
>>
>>81565616
Suicide Squad is like a living embodiment of why you're incorrect.
>>
>>81568653
wayne's opinion of superman is set in stone in the prologue. it doesn't change until MARTHA
>>
>>81568790
>from beautiful wall to a fence like we already have to a metaphorical wall to a "high-tech" "wall" of cameras on poles
Your god has forsaken you.
>>
>>81568920
No. It's a pit he keeps falling deeper and deeper into. He ends up in a self-fullfilling spiral of hate, further reinforced by the media's ( and by extension Lex's) smear campaign on Superman.
>>
>>81568867
>>81568894
This
Ss and ww are stand alone for me. Kind of like tv is to the mcu. It happens in that universe, but does it really matter?
>>
>>81568822
You don't remember that because it didn't happen, retard.
>>
File: S70307-102820.jpg (188KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
S70307-102820.jpg
188KB, 720x1280px
>>81568735
Yeah, I know. Still bigger kill count then of Iron Man and Captain America combined.
>>
>>81568974
He had decided to kill Superman before any of Lex's shit was put into motion, fuckwit. He was trying to get that Kryptonite before Superman went to Africa.
>>
File: 2198099-darkseid_laugh_smile.jpg (31KB, 584x275px) Image search: [Google]
2198099-darkseid_laugh_smile.jpg
31KB, 584x275px
>>81568756
Kek
>>
>>81569050
He didn't even know about the kryptonite until halfway through the movie.
>>
>>81569050
No he didn't. The decision to kill Superman comes fairly late in the film. He wants to secure the Kryptonite as a precaution if Superman ever goes berserk.
>>
>>81569028
Can it truly be valid when it's an immortal zombie?
>>
>>81568992
Whatever you say Pedro. Go create more Twitter bots in your sister's name.
>>
>>81568851
a level of self-awareness is required to elevate a format like superheroes. As the two biggest franchises in DC are built around an orphan who dressed up like a bat and punches a clown and a god who gets regularly flummoxed by a man, and the man is the bad guy.
>>
>>81569117
the white [whateverian] plot line was implied to have been a long running obsession with bruce, that had been running with him long before lex's tutor told him about epicurus.
>>
File: S61108-134428.jpg (279KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
S61108-134428.jpg
279KB, 720x1280px
>>81569135
"maybe"
>>
>>81569161
If you want your superhero films to be 90 minutes of RDJ looking sarcastically into the camera dropping quips, then the MCU is there for you. DC isn't that, which for many is a breath of fresh air and something you can easier relate to.
>>
>>81569186
Stoping the White Portuguese from smuggling a dirty bomb into gothum was the plot you are talking about.
>>
File: images (46).jpg (14KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
images (46).jpg
14KB, 450x327px
>>81565616
Forget it. KINO wont be made ever again at Hollywood.

They tried with BvS and it bombed and the critics hated it and so therefore every future DCEU movie u see will be light hearted.

Just look at Suicide Squad and the reshoots that got to be funny and have a pop feel and Justice League has heaps of quips.

We shall see how The Batman movie turns out (if that will actually be made) but I doubt we will ever get anything as serious as BvS again.
>>
>>81569229
whining about what marvel is doing doesn't forgive the DCEU's failures. Try to go more than a single post without mentioning marvel.
>>
>>81569161
Yeah well the whole western tradition is based on an angry cuck who kills half his country because he got cockblocked and a dude who gets half his friends killed and is an absent dad because he couldn't say thank u to some sea god before setting sail means we should all just kys our are selves
>>
>>81569257
I guess you missed that big reveal that bruce was lying to alfred about what the white portuguese was.
>>
>>81569264
I'm saying if you want quippy self-aware shit for kids, MCU is there for you. No need to drag DC down with you, faggot.
>>
>>81569287
I'm saying you can't go a single post without whining about marvel as if that somehow forgives the DCEU's failings.
>>
>>81569259
There is still hope. Will Justice League be as great as BvS? Doubtful. Will JL be on par with other Snyder superhero films? Most likely yes. They aren't doing reshoots. They're sticking with the original script Terrio wrote.

But in some sense, BvS is that one-of-a-kind film that gets made maybe once every decade if even that.
>>
>>81569285
You mean when he found out that it was a boat and not a man?
>>
>>81569271
adding the word "cuck" doesn't make that sound less interesting or more silly.
>>
>>81569315
if by "he" you mean alfred?
>>
File: marvel-dc-comic.jpg (130KB, 878x638px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-dc-comic.jpg
130KB, 878x638px
>>81569303
See, you're missing my point. You think it's a failure that DCEU doesn't drop itself to MCU's disgusting low standards of trivializing character and stories in favor of quips so the audience gets its mandated dose of dopamine. And if you really hate DC for not being that, then there is always MCU for you to obsess over, laughing at witty one-liners. DCEU isn't that. Snyder isn't that. He likes humor, but he doesn't like when the humor becomes the film and the plot and character excuse for making the audience laugh and clap.
>>
>>81569311
because reshoots don't happen till post-production

they weren't doing reshoots on suicide squad until they were
>>
>>81569374
JL is in post-production and has been for months.
>>
>>81569362
You're manufacturing a point so you can create an excuse to whine about marvel, as if that will forgive the DCEU's failings.
>>
>>81569362
d... did you just post that comic implying the top is better than the bottom?

you realize the point of that comic is same shit different filter, right?
>>
>>81569399
You are repeating yourself ad nauseam so you can make a point how much you hate DCEU for not being a MCU copy-paste. Something tells me if it was, you'd whine that it was that aswell. But there is a way we can both win here. You stick to MCU's infantile garbage that treats its audience like retards and I'll watch DCEU. We both win. Isn't that great?
>>
>>81569456
I'm repeating myself because you keep doing the same thing, whining about marvel because you think it'll forgive the DCEU's failings, because its easier to do that than to address the non-brand-war based argument of >>81569161.
>>
>>81567223
Marvel is your favorite fast food burger joint, you know it's bad buts it's a guilty pleasure. DC is a more expensive sit down chain you tried three times and got diarrhea every time.
>>
>>81569485
and the key point being, they're both chains.
>>
>>81569478
The point has already been adressed. If you are really offended by a superhero film that doesn't treats its superheroes like a tool to make kids laugh, then there is the MCU for you. I don't understand, what's even the point of DCEU being a MCU copy-paste when MCU already exists? Sounds kind of redundant to me, no Pedro?
>>
>>81569514
No, the point wasn't addressed, you just immediately started whining about marvel in hopes of forgiving the DCEU's failings in hopes of not having to address the actual argument.
>>
DCEU is dishonest filmmaking at its finest which is the perfect bait for their fans who are mostly teenagers.
>>
>the only time people talk about marvel is when they're trying to defend the DCEU
>>
>>81569528
I have adressed it over and over again. DCEU will never be that disgusting McDonald's tier FUN that MCU is. You can keep sperg and whine how Snyder actually treats his superheroes seriously and not as glorified jokes but it won't change anything. You'll still be a whiny bitch demanding the infantilization of a genre so it can please your barely functional brain drugged up on quips.
>>
>>81569546
A fictional film telling falsehood? Never.
>>
>>81569581
No, all you're doing is whining about marvel because you think that'll forgive the DCEU's failings.

As has been pointed out, you're talking more about marvel than any "marvel fan" or "marvel shill."
>>
>>81569603
You are starting to repeat yourself like a broken machine now. We get it. You hate Snyder. You hate DC. You want FUN FUN FUN and a disgusting amount of self-aware jokes that trivialize entire films for the sake of a quick dopamine burst.

Well the good news are, that already exists in the form of MCU. So there's no need for DCEU to be that too. Great isn't that? Something for all.
>>
Why are Marvel drones so intent on wanting DCEU to become an MCU copypaste? Why would you want to ape an inferior concept?
>>
>>81569603
No, all YOU'RE doing is whining about DCEU because you think that'll forgive the marvels failings.
>>
>>81569644
>starting

You're projecting to hide the fact all you're doing is whining about marvel in hopes it'll forgive the DCEU's failings, because you can't actually defend any aspect of the DCEU on it's on merits, for it has none.
>>
>>81569644
Everyone wants fun, I don't get why you would actively want to watch something boring and loud that takes itself way too seriously.
>>
>>81569679
no u
>>
>>81569703
At least watchmen had a point at the end, BvS wasn't really about anything in particular.
>>
>>81569715
No u!
>>
>>81569752
nou
>>
>>81569733
was the point of watchmen that you shouldn't let zack snyder near a film production in any capacity?
>>
File: 1486181563396.jpg (817KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486181563396.jpg
817KB, 768x1024px
>>81569485
>Marvel is your favorite fast food burger joint, you know it's bad buts it's a guilty pleasure.
I disagree. Those movies are not a guilty pleasure or a pleasure at all.
>>
>>81569766
nou
>>
>>81569794
nou x ∞
>>
>>81568045
He literally cannot do any dynamics though.
>>
>>81565616
Its honestly kind of amazing how fucking terrible Gal looks
>>
>>81565755
All of that text and nothing about the quality of the film. Wow, a shitty movie that is up its own ass. Almost worse than a mere shit movie.
>>
>>81569890
He was explicitly talking about BvS you illiterate spic.
>>
>>81569911
won't a search on twitter find nothing but spics saying "capekino"
>>
>>81569911
So was I
>>
>>81569917
See
>>81568659
Disney is using spic shilling farms for their smear campaigns.
>>
>>81565755

1. We've never gotten movie versions of many of these characters yet, generally people want to see it fully realized at least once before you start taking liberties on the scale of Leto Joker

2. It's not actually any GOOD. Nolan took huge liberties and it was fine because the movies were good. Even Burton got away with a lot because people enjoyed it. Current DC movieverse is just going off the fucking walls with ideas and they all suck

3. They're not trying. Marvel, love em or hate em, planned the fuck out of this and have been cultivating a film universe for a decade now. WB is trying to pop in last minute yelling HEY HEY WAIT ME TOO and it shows. They don't have someone behind the scenes who understands these characters and storylines they're just letting someone like Synder have free reign.
>>
>>81569951
Its really sad, the delusional little world you've created.
>>
>>81569968
>unironically defends the 15 Iron Man copypastes MCU has done
And they say shills aren't real. Atleast DC jumps straight to the good stuff and skips the filler.
>>
>>81569969
Whatever you say José.
>>
>>81569994
all of the DCEU so far has felt like filler
>>
>>81569994

It's okay DCuck one day someone will validate your contrarianism
>>
>>81569994

Oh please I've long since been bored of Marvel but don't try to tell me a Favreau comedy is the same film as a Russo spy thriller which is the same film as a Gunn space adventure.

The only commonality people know how to criticize are the quips which have been action movie staples since the beginning of film. Even more brutal action movies from the 80s were chock full of one liners and everyone loves them. It's just contrarian to criticize your own generations version of this. We'll all suck the dicks of Rambo, Die Hard and Terminator but WHAT THE FUCK IRON MAN MADE A JOKE
>>
>>81568562

It's a shame. B v S is genuinely a movie that seems to be in the process of becoming a cult classic, it's unfortunate that vaguely racist guy is so autistic about it.
>>
Honestly the thing nobody on /tv/ seems to realize is Marvel movies aren't for YOU. You and every adult goes and watched them because you're nobrain manchildren but at their core they're for kids. And just like you loved cornball shit like Predator and Die Hard as a kid, kids nowadays love Marvel movies.

DC/WB doesn't seem to get this and is targeting...nobody is quite sure. It's driving away comic diehards who don't even recognize anything because these characters might as well be original. And the movies are too sloppily convoluted, depressing and just not fun for the kids who should be wanting to see superhero movies. So the only audience that really makes sense to me are young adult normies to middle aged men in a midlife crisis who know nothing about comics or these characters and just like edge and "badass." The dad who's Facebook picture is the Punisher icon or that guy you went to school with that still uses xX Xx in his online tags.

Regardless, neither movie is meant for /tv/
>>
>>81565616
I agree 100%

I don't hate the MCU, but it is just a little too self-aware for my tastes. There's nothing wrong with a lighter tone, but by the same token, there's nothing wrong with a more serious tone, either, and I prefer the latter.
>>
File: IMG_0028.png (554KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.png
554KB, 500x800px
>>81570315

Problem is there's nothing RIGHT about WBs approach
>>
>>81568004
Batman killed in every live action Batman movie besides the ones with Adam West and George Clooney. Fact.
>>
>>81570315
There is a lot wrong with taking a serious tone with a format that is ridiculous by nature and expecting the viewer to just accept the ridiculousness and move on.
>>
>>81570300

The hell do you have against Die Hard?
>>
>>81570300
I've read these characters for most of my life. I not only recognize them, I recognize what's being done with them. It's a metaphorical re-telling of the history of comics, tying them back to the myths that inspired them.

It's beautiful.
>>
>>81570465
I also used to get angry at MST3K when i could see what ideas movies were going for.
>>
File: пиздос.jpg (45KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
пиздос.jpg
45KB, 599x449px
>>81568630
>/c двaчa пoдыхaeт
>дeбил cидит в /tv фopчaнa
>c тeлeфoнa
>>
>>81570465

Top keks at Suicide Squad doing any of what you just said
>>
>>81570448

Nothing. I still love it. My point is that in the same way we all grew up on cheesey action movies as kids the kids of today are again growing up on cheesey action movies. So kicking over everyone else's sandcastle and whining about Marvel movies doesn't make sense when it's clearly not for your (not you specifically) demographic.
>>
>>81570644
SS struck out in a lot of ways with me, but what world-building it did, it did well.

And I'm not talking about intoducing characters. I'm talking about laying more of the groundwork for how magic and the gods function.
>>
>>81570841
yes, having captain boomerang tying the flash to a rocket boomerang and sending flash into orbit as canon in the DCEU just adds so much.
>>
Why didn't they make an entire suit of armor instead of just bracelets?
>>
>>81570862
Why do you think they're ignoring the silver age? You are aware of what was going on in comics through that period, right?
>>
>>81570676
Marvel is nowhere close to Die Hard and never will be.
>>
>MCUck had to make a new thread after getting destroyed ITT
Why are these cuckolds so petty bros?
>>
>>81570960
Poor parenting.
>>
>>81565616
As a casual who despises comics, I can honestly say I'd prefer the movies if they stuck to the classic portrayals.
>>
BvS is a revolution. People just don't know yet.
>>
Anti-DC fags are some of the dumbest most impressionable people on the planet

Dont even try OP
>>
Why do Marvel fans exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pr-xcEYmgk

You want this to succeed?
>>
>>81571152
Some are fans. On /tv/? They're mostly Disney shills. Fans who like Marvel don't browse sites like 4chan. They stick to Facebook and Reddit.
>>
>>81565616
>grimdark
>refreshing take
Choose one, newfagarino.
>>
>>81571187
It's not grim dark faggot.
>>
>>81566931
>Alex Ross
>good

Get some taste pleb
>>
>>81571277
Fuck off
>>
>>81569553
This. Marvelshit is extremely irrelevant and all their movies have the same fucking script. You never see anyone talking about civil war unless is in a BvS thread.
>>
>>81571600
And you always see that one delusional Marvel drone attempting to play devil's advocate and defend it. When they try to make Civil War threads, it just dies after two posts because the movie is completely and utterly empty in substance.
>>
>>81565616
>it's a DCEU shill thread
>>
>>81571298
He is okay at poses
And his art literally shows why these costumes don't work in the "real world"
>>
>>81571629
Your Marvel buddies spent 200 posts attempting to shit on DC only to fuck off and make a thread dedicated entirely on their smear campaigns.
>>
So I wa checking out the cast page for Wonder Woman on IMDB a couple of days ago, and yes, the Native American character is called Chief.

Inukchuk, bitches.
>>
>>81571654
>denying the fact that DC shills started this company wars shit
>>
>>81571600
>>81571616
This.

The fact it's still discussed in detail and the only arguments against it are "i-its sucks". I'm not saying it's a masterpiece nor that anyone must like it, but it's clear as day there's a lot more to MoS and BvS than anything marvel has what out.

That said they are definitely not Spider-Man 1, toy selling films so if thats what youre after these certainly aren't going to satisfy.

The shoehorning of the JL in BvS was ducking awful though
>>
>>81571698
I don't give a fuck who started. We can end it. If you don't like the DC films, go talk about the MCU. If you don't have something constructive to bring to a discussion, just don't post.

It's what I do, and I've enjoyed films from both franchises.
>>
>>81566958
idk, they feel like mythical figures to me. they are outlandishly powerful like heroes of old. it's a lot more mythic than, say, a dude in a cat suit or a high-tech bowman
>>
>>81571698
Yeah it was totally DC that set up fucking twitter bots to smear campaign the competition.

Oh wait...
>>
>>81570465
>I recognize what's being done with them. It's a metaphorical re-telling of the history of comics

What the fuck are you even saying.
>>
>>81567929
>a man who regularly beats violent people into submission has never accidentally killed someone, let alone paralyzed, brain damages, neural damage, permanent facial trauma, etc.
>>
>>81572040
Supes comes to what appears to be a world like ours. He's like a bull in a china shop, steps all over the pulp hero's (Batman's) relevance and legacy, Bats goes toe-to-toe with the Superman(hero), ends up being inspired by him, and ends up becoming a superhero, too. Meanwhile, it's slowly revealed that this isn't really our Earth. It really is the comic book world, the place where myths live, brought to rhe big screen.
>>
File: 749_1489909506.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
749_1489909506.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
>>81568659
How dare do they do this? I mean they're already winning?
>>
>>81569994
>Skips the filler

Batman V Superman goes for 2:40 hrs

Batman fighting superman happens 2 hours into the film
>>
>>81567930
>When will WB hire some shills like Disney does?
Implying you're not reading off the company approved script when you make the same reply over and over and over and over again.
>Did they call you capeshit franchise bad?
Respond with: "lol u don get it 2deep4u"
>Do they carefully point out why your argument is intelectually lazy and wrong
Respond with: B-but marvel did it
>Get confronted with the fact that it doesnt constitute an argument
Respond with: lol pajeet, amirite guize?

You're boring and incredibly transparent. You're either paid by WB, are Zack Snyder, or are such a sad faggot that you shill them for free.

But hey, ignore that and respond with one of your three approved responses.
>>
File: marvel bot shill.jpg (97KB, 828x926px) Image search: [Google]
marvel bot shill.jpg
97KB, 828x926px
>>81572220
They are winning precisely because they pull that shit. You don't fuck with the Mouse and come out alive. There were ton of journalists complaining that Disney were way too pushy when they were going to review their Star Wars movies, basically forbidding criticism in the form of being shut off from exclusive showings and so on.
>>
>>81572277
I wish I was paid by Snyder. Unfortunately I do this out of my own free will because I hate seeing good films buried by an army of paid Disney third-worlders who have turned the medium into corporate shitflinging.

There is no action without reaction. Learn that next time you attempt to desperately smear campaign the competition. You are butthurt there is a reaction to your shill actions.
>>
>>81570412
Yeah, but none of those were accurate to the character
>>
Too many jews. No ofense but they didnt do too much work on casting. They just found "the best jew" or "our guy". If they wanted to rework all the characters they shouldve warned the audience. I cant get into wonder woman. I also couldnt get into thor but thats just bad acting.
>>
File: mount-everest-trash.jpg (43KB, 350x231px) Image search: [Google]
mount-everest-trash.jpg
43KB, 350x231px
>this garbage is mythical, just mythical
>look at how majestic it is

DCEU in a nutshell
>>
>>81572349
Neither Cavill, Affleck or Snyder are jews.
>>
>>81565616
>this implication that dc movies are not also mass produced popcorn action movie schlock
you dcfags aren't exactly making a good case whenever you claim that "at least the movies are better than marvel movies." or whatever other studio, but let's be real, it's always marvel. that's not exactly a very high hurdle to jump over and absolutely nothing to be proud of even if it were the case, not even for the superhero genre. the dceu has failed to surpass even the dark knight trilogy, and that was their own property and had some of the same people working on it. and that also included the dark knight rises which is only good for memes, and even then those memes are dying fast. i'd still rather watch the dark knight rises than bvs, man of steel, or suicide squad. there's no excuse for that.
>>
>>81572252
He's talking about the 14-film build to the big event.
>>
File: 1474342510228.png (457KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1474342510228.png
457KB, 630x630px
>>81572300
Listen I think youre fighting the good fight here but the movies are average at the least, Doctor Strange is the slickest capeshits as of recent, and i still call it capeSHIT because its the Ironman format with a wizard, just expose the bullshit don't get into propagating one or the other.
>>
>>81572433
BvS is better than Nolan's Batman.
>>
>>81572437
I can bet one of my balls that DC is doing the same, but they have to rush it to compete with Marvel

It's either going to be Flashpoint, Injustice, or Crisis on Infinite Earths
>>
File: 1489313447057.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1489313447057.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>81572467
that just doesn't make sense man, nolan influenced the fuck out of MoS, BvS man you cannot deny this and they brought in snyder to casualize the fuck out of nolans modern noir take. you simply cannot think nolan didnt reinvigorate the fuck out of the super hero formula.
>>
>>81572300
>because I hate seeing good films buried
Theyre not "good movies" they're anti-art capeshit with billion dollar marketing departments behind them.
Go shill for some actual films anon instead of consolewar faggotry.
>>
>>81572527
>casualize the fuck out of
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>81572464
I have issues with Strange for being a bit of an emotional vacuum. Also, they've done a pretry slipshod job of intgrating their magic into the overarching story.

I don't mean to sound like I'm saying "lol just turn your brain off," but waiting this late to reveal the presence of magic-users native to Earth sort of demands that you do.
>>
>>81572560
So long as you're here I'm here.
>>
>>81572467
it really, really isn't. like i'm not even that big a fan of the dark knight, but it's still one of the better superhero movies i've seen. hell, even tdkr wasn't as bad a drop as spider-man 3 was for the original spider-man movies, and i'd still rather watch that than bvs. at least spider-man 3 didn't stop me in the middle of the fucking movie to just watch a trailer for the justice league movie by showcasing all the characters. that was the least subtle marketing attempt i've ever seen in a movie, it was downright pathetic. at least marvel saved that shit until after the movie was already over. except for iron man 2 but no one likes that movie. the amazing spider-man 2 did the same damn thing by basically advertising all the future villains and the sinister six, and everyone lambasted the movie for that because it was transparent and annoying. but what, bvs gets a pass for planting this soulless cash grab marketing device in the middle of their movie? that's just fucking stupid. that's not even getting into the story or characters or anything like that. i can't even argue it was a good action movie because the only fight scene i remember that was even remotely well choreographed was the warehouse fight, and i can't even praise that because of the inconsistencies it gives batman's character by having him straight up murder people. i'm not even one of those "not muh batman" fags, but if you're going to have a batman that fucking murders random guys, as well as superman because there's a 0.1% chance he MIGHT be evil, be fucking consistent with it. in the comics he doesn't kill people because not only is that outside of his jurisdiction, something he criticizes superman for, but it's for almost the exact opposite reason, because there's a 0.1% chance they MIGHT be rehabilitated. that's just more compelling to me, but it's not my main problem. 1/however many
>>
File: SnydersDCU.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
SnydersDCU.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>81565616
>>
there is nothing refreshing about those movies
>>
File: 1488552554836.jpg (45KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
1488552554836.jpg
45KB, 590x350px
>>81572577
my best example is he kept the new bat ninja star weapon which is also the logo- marketing purposes excuse makes fall short because the old batman logo still sells on everything.

>>81572591
im not gonna be arguing contingency in a purple monster plot
>>
>>81570555
Peгyляpнo oтпиcывaю в кoмикcaчe. Ди нaх.
>>
>>81572670
my problem is that how the fuck does batman have recurring enemies if he's willing to open fire on whoever the fuck he feels like with the batmobile's hood mounted machine guns. how is the joker still a problem? why is he not a pile of fucking green and white sludge under batman's tire? don't even talk to me about jared leto man, you can't defend that shit. superman is seriously just as fucking bad, not just in bvs, but in man of steel too. superman doesn't give a shit about truth, justice or the american way, he gives a shit about lois and HIS way. with his super hearing on the other side of the earth shit, yeah he could have saved everyone from that stupid skirmish at the beginning that set up part of the conflict. but no, he only saves lois. fuck new black jimmy olsen, only lois deserves saving. yes i'm getting "not muh superman" here, but he's not a fucking anything. why does he want to save people? why does he want to be a hero? it doesn't look like he does actually. that pathetic montage where he actually bothers to help people makes him look fucking miserable the entire time. like he only does what he does out of necessity, not because he has any drive or motivation. doesn't that make for a compelling main character? i'm sure at least dozens of kids want to play as the superman that destroys government property and threatens the fucking military because they're curious about an alien with the capacity to destroy the world. nah, screw those guys who died by the thousands trying to defend the earth from aliens while you punched one of them through a major cities buildings, you don't want them seeing you with your glasses on. what great realism that they're still using that bullshit excuse. and this is the superman that's criticizing batman for taking the law into his own hands? i don't understand how superman can't see his own hypocrisy there, it can't be intentional. 2/?
>>
>>81566991
Watchmen
>>
>>81569485
kek
>>
>>81568659
that's the way twitter work isnt it though? People copy past lame jokes all the time for followers
>>
>>81572887
so batman is supposed to be this super paranoid character that majorly distrusts superman because his company was damaged and his employees were hurt and killed in the carnage of superman's carelessness, fucking godzilla has caused less collateral damage by the way, so he decides that superman is dangerous and has to be destroyed. you know what that sounds like? a great motivation for lex fucking luthor. i mean lexcorp is in the area, we see a lexcorp truck drive by smallville and that place gets fucked up to hell. they could have given batman's motivation to lex and it would have worked perfectly, to the point where i almost think that was the plan and then dc decided "hey, we need to catch up with marvel really quickly, let's make justice league 0.5," and let snyder go carte blanche with his heavy handed god symbolism for lex's motivations. i'm serious in that every line of dialogue lex says that pertains to his motivations could probably be found as the signature on someone's deviantart profile, it's the most pedantic pseudointellectual bullshit i've heard in a movie in a long time. not to mention eisenberg is downright uncomfortable to watch on screen in every fucking scene he's in, it's like watching a person with autism throwing a fit. i mean, yeah that might have been the point, but that doesn't excuse shitty writing and acting. you can't handwave glaring flaws by saying "that was the point all along," i don't fall for that shit for a second. don't even get me started on lex's stupid plan with doomsday, you can't defend that and you know it was just an excuse to have batman, superman and wonder woman team up to fight SOMETHING and make trailer shots, something dc admittedly excels at. yeah, superman's first flight is really cool, but let's be real, it was made for trailer shots. no thought was put into how little sense it made for lex to make doomsday before he even knew if his plan a failed. 3/3 fuck it i'm done.
>>
>>81567876
>No body said Diana was a skeletor.
Gadot looks like a holocaust reenactor. Diana has always been athletic and curvy, Gadot is neither of those things.
>>
>>81567989
>Snyder both have integrity
Snyder has no focus. He always tries to do too much, so it ends up a jumbled mess of half baked themes and ideas. That's honestly one of the most irritating things about him. If he just SLOWED THE FUCK DOWN and edited some of his ideas he'd be as interesting as his fans claim he is. However, his inability to edit, in the story sense and not the film sense, makes his films muddled. Sure, I get what he's trying to do, but 8 half done themes and archetypes are not better than 2 or 3 really well done and thoroughly represented ones.

He's too in love with his vision, and that ultimately fucks up the realization of his vision.
>>
DCEU fans are worse than Undertale fans of Bronies in how they keep trying to prop up their favorite thing like it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>81568113
Autist, it gets brought up when fanbois go on and on about how DCEU is some untouchable mythic masterpiece. Nobody sits around 10 hours a day pitching hate at the DCEU. Seek help.
>>
>refreshing take
>everyone's a sociopath now
>>
>>81567544
>No he wasn't
Yes he was
>>81567544
>Really?
A bad joke is still a joke
>>81567544
>You don't understand the core of what Superman is.
neither do you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQabrSpKcJw
>>81567544
>Cast a skeleton in a role supposed to be for big muscular woman and it's a miscast. That's what WW was, a miscast.
>"All she need is muscles" is just as bad as "she just need to be pretty"
>>81567544
>See pic
Not on the batmobile
>>
>>81573577
tell us more moron
>>
>>81573489
Nothing what you said makes sense and you give off the impression you're a massive retard.
>>
>>81565616
I hate marvel comics and so far every movie in the DCEU has been shit compared to the MCU, except for Thor and cap 1 they were awful.
Justice league LOOKS good but I can't hype myself up anymore
>>
>>81575396
That's OK, man. I'm hype enough for the both of us.
>>
All Capeshit is that, shit. All Capefags are that, fags. These movie are on the same level as Transformers and Fast & Furious, and I could make the argument that they are even lower. There is nothing more to say, this capeshit meme needs to die.
>>
>>81565616

JUST
>>
File: 3587465.jpg (361KB, 552x753px) Image search: [Google]
3587465.jpg
361KB, 552x753px
>>81565616
This is refreshing OP?
>>
>>81565616
Yes they are mythical, this is the difference between Marvel and DC.

Marvel characters are about adolescent "issues", coming of age and responsibility (Spiderman), losing your temper and not knowing your own strength (Hulk) etc, also things like civil rights (X-Men).

DC isn't about that stuff, their characters are personifications of things like Greek gods and most of the questions it asks are about the borders between these ideas (e.g., Batman = justice vs. vengeance).
>>
>>81576125
That's pretty insightful, anon. I think maybe they're setting up something where some of the modern heroes end up being, if not exactly avatars, then "heirs" to the gods of myth.
>>
>>81565755
>Liking HONKA HONKA Joker
>Liking Riddler-Wait Joker-Crap, I meant Lex Luthor
>Liking moody Eeyore Superman
>Liking Punisher-I mean Batman
Only Wonder Woman is showing promise which says a lot about the state of the abortion that is DCEU
>>
>>81567584
Sued for copying a shot from the Warcraft movie?

Did Legendary trademark that specific shot?
>>
>>81572378
Why are you throwing those 3 in the mix. The villians seem weak and the stories veer off. These are corp decisions. The casting (jesse,gal,others) and story direction is corporate. You can tell what was thrown in.
>>
>>81572527
>>81572670
Nolan's batman isnt original! I'm glad i'm 29 cause you guys dont know books, story, movies or tv. Burtons batman was original nolans was based off many things. I loved the look if nolans but come on. I hated his catwoman.
>>
>>81569391
And it's already rammed with quips and memes :^)
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.