[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-C 8Bfxth5E https://www.yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-C8Bfxth5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOpHKXj-tZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edluHmycqfw

This movie is a masterpiece and in later years will be acclaimed in the same way Blade Runner was. Many people simply lack the intellect to appreciate Snyder's magnum opus.

"Lector, si monumentum requiris, circumspice"
>>
>>81537282
Fuck off this movie is shit
>>
>>81537304
Fuck off, brainlet
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zq8HpMbM_A
>>
BvS is a masterpiece but the links you shared are pretentious shit
>>
File: 1.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>
File: 2.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>
File: 3.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>
reddit.
>>
>>81537526
>>81537554
>thumb touches his lip
>licks his thumb
Indirect kiss.
>>
>>81537566
This isn't Google, retard.
>>
>>81537282
>Injustice
What?
>>
>>81537663
reddit.
>>
Slip that Jolly Rancherâ„¢ into my mouth.
>>
>you have to watch endless youtube analogy videos in order to force yourself to like the film

I'm not gonna do some after school homework. If the movie didn't entertain and impress me in the theater then it failed. End of story.
>>
Can someone give me a fibonacci?
>>
>>81537282
>bvs is in any way comperable to blade runner
fuck off, bvs is a mess
>>
>>81539304
>>81540037

brainlets
>>
>>81537282
>le ironic acting as if dumb bad movie is le smart
can you get more reddit ?
>>
lmao you know a movie is good when angry fanboys constantly need validation about it
>>
>>81540071
hilarious, bvs is shit, tone plot and themes don't mesh, writing is awful even for capeshit, characterisation and character development... lel, the stylish yet substance free visuals don't elevate a meandering, convoluted failure in storytelling higher than the gutter, bvs shitposting is paid out and tired, it has been ever since this flick aired because literally the entire world can see bvs for exactly what it is, which is shit
inb4 he didn't understand
>>
>>81537282
>>81537282
>This movie is a masterpiece and in later years will be acclaimed in the same way Blade Runner was

This is a meme right? I'm so tired of people saying this shit
>>
>>81540264

Im not saying its the movie that is going to change the game, but at least for cape stuff its more interesting and visually appealing than a lot of the other films in the genre.

Also the story tries to be more different than the classic good guy overcomes the odds.
>>
File: mcukid.jpg (240KB, 1680x1260px) Image search: [Google]
mcukid.jpg
240KB, 1680x1260px
>>81537304
>>81537566
>>81539304
>>81540037
>>81540133
>>81540169
>>81540361
LOL DOES SOMEONE HAVE ORANGE SLICES?
>>
File: jay-584.jpg (9KB, 584x329px) Image search: [Google]
jay-584.jpg
9KB, 584x329px
The tide is already turning
>>
File: 1483461550327.jpg (22KB, 396x303px) Image search: [Google]
1483461550327.jpg
22KB, 396x303px
>Martha !
>>
This wasn't popular with critics at the time either
>>
>>81540264
I always assumed the 'BvS is kino' posting was ironic memeing from the get go.
There couldn't truly be people who think otherwise?
>>
>>81537282
It legitimately is.
>>
>>81537282
Remember kids, if you frame all your shots to try and maintain the rule of threes and golden ratio out of an autistic need to make everything look "cool" all your scenes are meant to recall previous scenes.

It can't possibly be that your directorial style is extremely narrow, limited, and pretentious. No. Its just that every frame is so "dense" with meaning.
>>
>>81540813
It's not a meme. I'd say it's a solid 7.5 to 8 on any scale and a 9/10 for a cape movie.

For me, no 10/10 cape movie yet exists.
>>
I don't doubt for a moment that Snyder is the kind of director who will try to go for deep symbolic significance before learning how to make a story and characters work on the most basic level.
>>
>>81540813
You'd be surprised what cognitive dissonance can do to a person.

The problem is that they get so steeped in defending the movie that they overlook its initial faults. If you've done 30+ hours of researching and creating these videos and have seen it in theatres and uncut and all this other shit.

You become so familiar with the plot that you subconsciously fill in everything that isn't actually apparent on a first viewing. Few people criticized the movie for its visuals (except for its shitty desaturated color scheme) its the STORY and characters that are bad.

If you can't tell a story and don't have characters to make you care then there's just no fucking point in it.
>>
This sequence made me hit the gym at last. Thanks based Snyder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfQ8u__-47g
>>
>>81537282
Critics will look at this film again in a couple of years and loads of articles will pop up about how it was overlooked and judged from the wrong starting point

With the over-saturation of comic-book films all doing the same thing, this clearly stands out as a triumph. In that way, it will be quite similar to a film like Citizen Kane which is only truly appreciated in retrospect

Congratulations guys, we're on the forefront of history
Are you ready for plebbitors and hipsters to embrace this film and pretend like they always loved it in 5 years time?
>>
>>81540986
Just because a character doesn't monologue their motivations, or worse, have them told to them by another character doesn't mean a story's told badly. Their actions and a basic grasp of human nature will take you right to them.

Yes, this includes Lex, too, unless you're a moron who thinks that the guy who spent the whole movie lying chose a face to face confrontation with his chosen nemesis as a primo time to come clean.
>>
>>81541099
Depending on how things are resolved in JL, it might even be sooner than that.
>>
>>81540986
>muh STORY

There is a beginning, a middle, and an end. It has a story.
What it has in addition is a *theme*: anger. This theme isn't incidental to the film either; it's central. If you don't see that, maybe you should try going to grade school again.
>>
>>81541116
I'm sure you think that.
>>
>>81537282
Okay that second video in particular is obviously a joke
>>
>>81541196
Yeah, and I'm equally sure that your smug dismissal is the more reasoned response.

So don't wear yourself out with the circular logic it takes to dismiss all the complimentary imagery, motifs, and metaphor multiple different people all arrived at separately.
>>
>>81541195
As a fellow DCbro, I'm interested to hear how you derived that as a theme. I came away with "If you let your obsessions rule you, they'll destroy you."
>>
>>81537282
>This movie is a masterpiece and in later years will be acclaimed in the same way Blade Runner was.
No. Batman V Superman has so many problems and it is in no way a well made movie. Yes it has great cinematography and religious references but the full movie is very poorly made as these videos detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_DZhGSQzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVRx9lqe5XE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1bD775PULs
>>
File: DCEUReddit.png (569KB, 1218x934px) Image search: [Google]
DCEUReddit.png
569KB, 1218x934px
>>81541099
>Are you ready for plebbitors and hipsters to embrace this film and pretend like they always loved it in 5 years time?
reddit already loves Batman V Superman
>>
>>81541576
>i took a film lit class in high school and now i'm a youtuber XD

fuck off, bobby
>>
File: kino.jpg (85KB, 377x500px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
85KB, 377x500px
>>81537304
This piece of art was made by Zack Snyder. It's kino.
>>
>>81541616
>website known for having sub-boards to represent every fandom and opinion has a sub-board that likes the dceu
>this is supposed to be proof of something
Next you'll tell me that they don't like MRAs because of /r/askwomen
Fucking idiot
>>
>>81537282
>Lex luthor wears a banksy t-shirt
>A DC video game was referenced

Guys we were all wrong these movies have been deep this whole time
>>
>>81541652
Face it, BvS leaves so much info out about Bruce's backstory and has way too much boring Superman bits with bad guidance that Superman is giving by his parents

>His father wants Clark to let everyone die in MoS instead of saving them in the bus
>Martha says he doesnt owe the world a thing
THE FUCK? OF COURSE HE DOES! HE IS SUPERMAN

Also the only times Superman actually saves people is during the religious slow motion scenes which make him out to be some savior when in reality he is hated after MoS's ending with what he did with the city. Also it makes no sense for Superman to destroy a city while fighting Zod and then somehow feel the need to rescue people around the world when he was never a hero to become with.

Superman even fucking says this line
>"Superman was never real"
When he talks to Lois. Obviously Superman/Clark does not want to be a hero and the world is pushing him to be the good guy.

EXPLAIN THAT!

Face it, Superman isn't the bright and colorful Superman that Christopher Reeve played. This is a darker Superman who gets upset when he kills Zod because Zod was the only person who he could relate to and after he killed him he realizes he is alone in this world in an alien planet with no one to relate to.

It makes a lot of sense to why Superman turns evil after Lois dies (the only person who he truly cares about apart from his mother) with the Injustice storyline they are probably going to do but like I said, it's a fact that this Superman by Snyder is not a hero or savior and those slow motion bits of him saving people in BvS contract the darker and miserable Clark Kent.
>>
File: 1472686946459.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1472686946459.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>81537282
RAGNAROKED
>>
Let's not forget the awfully edited Martha scene.

To make the scene better, Snyder should have gotten the actor who played the guy who killed Bruce's parents and gotten him to be standing in same position Batman is and then the person on the ground is Bruce's mother.

THEN it makes sense why Bruce decides to stop killing Superman because he realises he has become the demon.

Instead we got a horrible edit of "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME" with flashbacks to the beginning of the movie.

Remember Bruce says when dragging Superman
>"I BET YOUR PARENTS..." etc whatever the line is so Bruce to say that line about Superman having parents but then to suddenly not wanna kill him anymore just cos their mother has the same name...
>>
>>81541116
I'm just confused as to why he made doomsday. How is creating a mindless monster bent solely on destruction that you have no hope of controlling a good idea? Especially as a response to a perceived uncontrollable destructive threat. How does this help disprove the existence of an all PKG God (which lex shouldn't even be viewing Superman as since at that point he knows about the existence of other metahumans)? I've seen this asked multiple times and never gotten a real answer besides "lex doesn't need logic because he's crazy"
>>
>>81541571
I don't have an essay pre-composed, so I'll just throw some ideas down:

—Justice is about restoring balance.
—— Balance is broken when one takes what one is not allowed to take
—— Balance is restored by taking back what was taken in a proper way

— Revenge is about taking back what was taken
—— Revenge is a 'cousin' of justice

— Anger is the drive to take back what was taken
—— Anger gives rise both to revenge to justice
—— Anger is both a source and a threat to justice

That's the basic theoretical framework, in light of which the story proves an interesting exploration of the theme.
— Bruce lost his parents; Bruce begins to hate Superman when he saves the child orphaned by Superman; Bruce is angry that Superman has displaced human justice/the right for humans to regulate their own affairs.
— Lex lost his innocence (hints that he was abused by his father); Lex is, like Bruce, angry that superman has displaced human justice
— Superman is angry that Batman takes the law [back] into his own hands; Lex exploits this anger; Superman is apprehensive about losing his place in the world as a man (and in the dream sequence there are hints that he succumbs to anger for having lost 'his world')

There's more. It's summarized in the beginning of the film:
>Oh, yes it has, sir. Everything's changed. Men fall from the sky, the gods hurl thunderbolts, innocents die. That's how it starts, sir. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.

Thankfully that's one of only a few moments of exposition in the film. Thankfully it doesn't spark a change in character. Thankfully Snyder allows the drama of anger to drive the plot and change the characters.
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (1001KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
1001KB, 400x225px
post yfw you realize that Ant Man is a way better movie than BvS
>>
>marvel pajeets
>pleb brainlets
Get BTFO again by intellectuals thread #032016.
>>
>>81541786
>about Bruce's backstory

It said everything about his backstory that needed to be said to define his character and shape his motivations.
It didn't satisfy your arbitrary curiosity about his past, and so you criticize it.

In point of fact, BvS does more to describe Batman's motivations than the whole Nolan trilogy was capable of doing.

>THE FUCK? OF COURSE HE DOES! HE IS SUPERMAN
Fuck off, kid.
>>
>>81542016
Look at this pleb. Point at him and laugh
>>
>>81542063
>Ant Man is a way better movie than BvS
You mean that movie where they glued a hammer on a glock?
>>
>>81542080
>It didn't satisfy your arbitrary curiosity about his past, and so you criticize it.
Well where is Joker during the events of the movie and how did Wayne Manor get burnt down?

Tell tell me to read the comics to find this out

>In point of fact, BvS does more to describe Batman's motivations than the whole Nolan trilogy was capable of doing
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Have you even seen Batman Begins? He doesn't just want vengeance for what happened to his parents (he does before he returns to Gotham) but when he returns to Gotham, he says out straight how vile the city is becoming and that someone needs to make a difference hence why he becomes Batman to BE that difference. I have nothing wrong with Batman killing in BvS because this is an older tired Batman so I have no problem how Snyder did Batman (by far the most strongest thing about BvS) but the way Snyder handled Superman wasn't good from a Superman perspective when Superman is meant to stand for hope, not a guy who questions if he really should save people and his mother saying "no you don't have to" and then Superman goes to Lois and says "Superman was never real"

>I don't care if lots of people die. Superman doesn't owe the world a thing
Yes he fucking does! Also I made excellent points here about how Superman doesn't want to be a savior and he doesn't even believe in being Superman
>>81541786
But of course you cherry pick cos you can't see logic
>>
It's actually fascinating how such a big movie manages to fail simultaneously on every level: craftsmanship, entertainment, symbolism.
>>
>>81542232
This isn't the Civil War thread.
>>
>>81542206
>Well where is Joker during the events of the movie and how did Wayne Manor get burnt down?
Exactly:
>it didn't satisfy your arbitrary curiosity about his past, and so you criticize it

Go back to school.
>>
>>81542111
You people who defend the Martha scene really make me laugh.

>"SAY THAT NAME! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!"
That's the best Snyder could come up with when sitting hours in the studio watching the editor edit the scene?

Like I said, if they replaced Batman to be the guy who killed Batman's parent's and then Superman on the ground is replaced with Batman's mother. Make it like a David Lynch effect where FLASH there is a gun shot and wild screams as we see batman and superman transform into these people and then back to being batman and superman.

If Snyder attempted this then the scene would have been way more powerful and people wouldn't have made a joke about it.

The saying goes: no movie is perfect. There is absolutely no way BvS is a perfect movie.
>>
>>81537282
IM RICH
>>
File: 1490478481899.jpg (147KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
1490478481899.jpg
147KB, 1280x717px
>it's a Marvel drone is pathologically obsessed with BvS and has to circle these threads for entire days before he fucks off only to return again episode
>>
>>81542206
>Also I made excellent points here
>But of course you cherry pick cos you can't see logic

>I AM RELY SMRT LIDTEN 2 ME

ftfy
>>
>>81542250
>it didn't satisfy your arbitrary curiosity about his past, and so you criticize it
Nice to see that you ignored ALL my points I made here
>>81542206

I have done a good job at listing problems I have with the movie and debunking what you said about Nolan's Batman and yet you don't bother showing me where I am in the wrong? Instead you just say "DON'T CRITICIZE WHAT I LIKE"
>>
>>81537282
>le epin 3deep5me meme xD
>>
>>81542249
No, Civil War is just bland and boring. BvS is actually awe-inspiring in its incompetence and misguidedness.
>>
File: batman-superman-3-768.jpg (545KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
batman-superman-3-768.jpg
545KB, 1024x768px
Why does BvS of all films have a dedicated shitposting squad? If you make a thread saying you loved Iron Man 2, nobody is going to bother sticking around for hours to tell you why you shouldn't like Iron Man 2 (even if you really shouldn't).

But BvS has the same 3-4 posters always invading these threads saying why they are wrong based on nothing but dumb buzzwords. Why does this surround BvS so much? What is out there always being attracted to these threads?
>>
Hey guys, has anybody seen MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?
>>
File: affleck-furioso.jpg (18KB, 561x327px) Image search: [Google]
affleck-furioso.jpg
18KB, 561x327px
>>81542293
I really don't want to sound stupid continiously replying to the same person but if there is ANY OTHER ANONS IN THIS THREAD can you at least agree with what I am saying that this person isn't debunking what I have listed here
>>81542206

Instead his response is just simply "WOW U PRETENDING TO BE SMART WITH WHAT U HAVE WRITTEN".

I don't even know why I try to argue with these BvS fan boys
>>
>>81542327
If you actually think Civil War is better than BvS, then you ousted yourself as a Marvel cocksucker. Good job. You might have had one or two people fooled but not anymore.
>>
>>81542329
I think the you have who the shitposters are mixed up, it's the other way around
>>
>>81542329
>Why does BvS of all films have a dedicated shitposting squad?
Because of the religious symbolism. That's why
>>
>>81541786
How many times a day do you get BTFO? Are you some sort of masochist that gets off on intensely private humiliation?

What do you owe the world? Why don't we start with that one, dipshit?
>>
>>81542329
>implying /tv/ isn't DCshill central
>>
>>81542354
It manages to tell a story, but it's much less interesting to watch. Don't know if you'd call that "better".
>>
>>81542354
>FUCKING MARVEL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Why do the retards who like BvS constantly feel the need to attack marvel, are they shills?
>>
>>81542343
I didn't read your entire post. When I say
>You're doing X
and the beginning of your reply means, in effect
>No! I'm actually doing X
I decide right then and there that there isn't a good reason to continue reading.

Try again in another thread, faggot.
>>
File: marvel-v-dc.jpg (699KB, 1920x1602px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-v-dc.jpg
699KB, 1920x1602px
BvS fans still loving the film the year after. Marvel shills desperately trying to bury the fact that Civil War even existed.

BOY I WONDER WHAT'S THE BETTER FILM
>>
File: disney shills.jpg (462KB, 1872x1040px) Image search: [Google]
disney shills.jpg
462KB, 1872x1040px
>expecting a sane discussion amidst a million paid Disney Pakis paid rupees per shitpost
>>
>>81537282
4 razzies
>>
>>81542394
We all know who you are.
>>
>>81541786
this has to be b8
i refuse to believe anyone this autistic is actually surprised they're an idiot
>>
>>81537304
>le turbopleb
Please kill yourself
>>
>>81542368
Where do you live?
>>
>>81542451
Who am I?
>>
>>81542419
There is no way any DC fan seriously thinks Gadot is a good casting choice
>>
>>81542488
Don't be an antisemite, goy.
>>
File: affleck-dog.jpg (70KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
affleck-dog.jpg
70KB, 980x490px
>mfw MCUcks still can't cope with the fact that nobody here gives a shit about Marvel and never will
There's always tumblr for you
>>
>>81542398
how come DC gets trashed but Marvel flicks such as this get praise?

is this a normie meme?

the bottom shot from bvs looks like a FILM
the top shot looks like made for television cheapness
>>
>>81542343
>I really don't want to sound stupid continiously

You're way too late for that one, fuckstick.
>>
>>81537282

I always wonder if it's a high school teenager behind posts saying BvS is too deep and smart and all this other crap. I know I did it for The Dark Knight, but at this point it's kind of sad.
>>
>>81542524
is that why you're bitching about marvel
>>
>>81542500
Why did you quote me? I criticised the autist for making a non-sensical rant that he claimed counted as a criticism against BvS

If you knee-jerk respond to posts without reading who they're aimed at, it makes you seem just as butthurt as the brainlets and shills
>>
File: 1489185162840.jpg (10KB, 317x223px) Image search: [Google]
1489185162840.jpg
10KB, 317x223px
BvS killed film criticism. No doubt critics expected the opposite, but time reveals all lies. And the lie of media has been exposed. The sane ones have since long been drowned out by glorified Marvel bloggers.
>>
>>81542536
>the top shot looks like made for television cheapness
Exactly, let's not forget that Cuck Whedon shot the first Avenger movie in 16:9.
>>
File: 1465019261169.jpg (3KB, 125x113px) Image search: [Google]
1465019261169.jpg
3KB, 125x113px
>>81542398

Metacritic
>Civil War: 75 (critics) / 8.3 (users)
>BvS: 44 (critics) / 7.0 (users)

IMDB
>Civil War: 7.9
>BvS: 6.7

RT
>Civil War: 90%
>BvS: 27%

Cinemascore:
>Civil War: A
>BvS: B

Box Office:
>Civil War: $408 million domestic, $1.15 billion total
>BvS: $330 million domestic, $873 million total

In what quantifiable, legitimate metric is BvS "better"? You have none.
>>
File: How to debate film.png (257KB, 3238x888px) Image search: [Google]
How to debate film.png
257KB, 3238x888px
>>81542368
>>81542468
I hope you realize that your arguing is very poor when trying to prove me wrong
>>
>>81542590
And yet we are here, discussing BvS and not Civil War.

Let me ask you this, can Civil War even be discussed past laughing at its C-rate action choreography?
>>
>>81542605
>discussing
You mean making a 0/10 troll thread being samefagged by OP to keep it bumped?
>>
>>81542546
This is startlingly accurate, yesterday I saw someone suggest that these are probably the same group of people who defend the star wards prequels
>>
>>81542590
Where are the videos analyzing Civil War past making fun of its bad audio and visuals?
>>
>>81542588
>Exactly, let's not forget that Cuck Whedon shot the first Avenger movie in 16:9.
And Cuck Whedon is directing Batgirl

HOW DARE YOU INSULT YOUR DC DIRECTOR
>>
>>81537282
You capeshitters are a mockery of actual film analysts.
You're the Christian Chandler to kino's Cole Smithey.
>>
Why does Superman have a problem with Batman being a vigilante? Forget metropolis, literally the first thing we see Superman doing in the movie (after the flashback intro) is him directly interfering with a CIA mission just to save his girlfriend. Is he supposed to be a hypocrite?
>>
>>81542638
>Disney shill has to bring out prequels from nowhere
This really doesn't help you when you claim Disney shills aren't on 4chan. Fuck off nobody here liked TFA. It was better off dead.
>>
>>81542590
>MUH MAKEUP AWARD
>>
>if anon likes Marvel he's a Marveldrone
>if anon likes DC he's a DCkek
>if anon likes X-Men he's a Sonygger
>if anon likes Deadpool he's a redditor
>if anon likes Star Wars he's a manchild
>if anon likes European cinema he's a pretentious faggot
>if anon likes horror he's a tasteless moron
>if anon likes comedy he's a dumb cunt

Why do we have to constantly attack each other in what is essentially another console war manufactured by Hollywood? Stop bitching and start voting with your wallet.
>>
>>81542637
The only ones samefagging are the three Disney Pakis unable to cope with people liking this film.

I guess shitposting this film for years and then still failing to get people to hate it must hurt. It was an investment that is about to backfire on their faces.
>>
File: 5395500-6118664118-51166.jpg (80KB, 416x562px) Image search: [Google]
5395500-6118664118-51166.jpg
80KB, 416x562px
>>81537282
nah, it felt like a generic 2016 action flick

bad pacing, boring generic action scenes set in the middle east with boring generic terrorist bad guys, with boring generic stronk womyn lois lane, etc.

honestly it's transformers tier, you can't compare it with bladerunner or even watchmen

the only good parts of the movie were the parts with batman
>>
>>81542667
>if anon likes X-Men he's a Sonygger
Fox owns X-Men.
>>
File: th.jpg (24KB, 259x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
24KB, 259x300px
>>81542604
>screencapping your own posts, and then posting your screencapped posts in the very thread in which you posted your screencapped posts
>literally believing you're not autistic
>>
>>81542605
BvS is discussed the same way the TDKR opening is discussed, it's a fucking meme. Civil War is too average to have reached meme status
>>81542661
Eat some doritos before you have a panic attack, the reason they're compared is because you're both retards with delusions of grandeur regarding your own film knowledge
>>
>>81542641
BvS was so bad, it sparked a meme that sent its lead actor into an alcoholic spiral
>>
>>81542604
>he made an infographic
I hope you spread that picture so that everyone can see the "arguments" by people that hate on the film
You literally couldn't be a better poster child for confirming every thing the people that love this film say about its critics
>>
>>81542025
By that logic isn't anger a theme in lots of movies? There were lots of people angry at each other in civil war and suicide squad too
>>
>>81542704
My bad. That wasn't the point of my post though.
>>
File: marvel paki twitter bots.jpg (145KB, 955x559px) Image search: [Google]
marvel paki twitter bots.jpg
145KB, 955x559px
It will be seen as a masterpiece over time. Right now everyone's just blinded by Disney's aggressive marketing. Which was a masterpiece in turn. WB has a lot to learn from Disney marketing. Just look how quick their shills were on the job here.
>>
Okay let's talk about Civil War (it's literally the exact same movie as BvS apart from some differences).

The way they showed Tony Stark's parents' death to anger Tony was fucking great! RDJ did an incredible acting job in that part.

Of course DC fans will argue why didn't Tony kill Bucky but then why didn't Batman kill Superman?

LITERALLY THE SAME MOVIE!

Only difference is that BvS yes has better cinematography and incorporates visual art style pieces but still both suffer from the same problem.

TONY SHOULD HAVE KILLED BUCKY

BATMAN SHOULD HAVE KILLED SUPERMAN

And in another thread people joked about Marvel bringing back characters who died like Loki well DC brings back Superman despite him dying.

Now if WB can somehow resurrect Jimmy Olsen after Snyder killed him (what the fuck Snyder) then DC gets an extra point
>>
>>81542721
Anger was a theme in fucking spider man 3, the guy's a moron who's trying really hard to make bvs seem deep
>>
>>81542756
>it's literally the exact same movie as BvS
This is what MCUcks tell themselves when they pretend to be entertained by CGI airports and Spidey cameos.
>>
>>81537282
>This movie is a masterpiece and in later years will be acclaimed
This will never stop being funny
>>
>>81542790
These asshurt posts hidden behind a thin layer of comedy will never stop reeking of butthurt.
>>
>>81542704
Hard to find a name for x-men fans, considering they haven't actually fucked up since Origins.

Maybe Fan4stic, but they aren't x-men.
>>
File: 342643743.png (216KB, 293x496px) Image search: [Google]
342643743.png
216KB, 293x496px
>>81542711
Nah Affleck went into alcoholism due to his 1920's gangster movie only making $21.7 million worldwide

Has there ever been a movie to fail this badly?
>>
>>81542721
>by that logic

No. Not by that logic. Anger is not the sole response to loss, and the trio of justice/revenge/anger do not become themes of a film because a film involves loss and restitution.

Bruce's anger for losing his mother drives everything he does in this movie—everything from being especially harsh on human traffickers and hating superman in the first place to breaking down in the martha scene.
>>
>>81542826
It got fucked over by poor marketing. In this day and age, even reviews are indicative of how well a studio has marketed its film.
>>
>>81542773
How the hell am I an MCUck when I said that Civil War suffers from Tony not killing Bucky? The movie isnt perfect at all and yes the cinematography is shit but just cos BvS has better cinematography and lighting doesn't make it a masterpiece

and yes they are basically the same movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ3VQkK6Upo

If it helps you, Civil War copied BvS due to article even stating that the director were inspired by BvS
>>
>>81542849
No one cares about a 1920's gangster. That's why it failed
>>
>>81542701
>the only good parts of the movie were the parts with batman
This guy gets it.
>>
>>81542887
Of course people care about the era. People didn't care about Live by Night because they didn't even market it. Even the poster looks dumb and doesn't sell the setting at all. Nothing kills a film more than poor marketing. And my are WB kings at poor marketing.
>>
>>81537282
I had a friend that said Batman V Superman sucked but Captain America Civil War was the best movie he had seen.
>>
>>81542924
No people really didn't care to see it. Assassin's Creed had by far way worse marketing and that ended up with $241.4 million
>>
>>81542826
>Has there ever been a movie to fail this badly?
Cisbusters
>>
>>81542701
>the only good parts of the movie were the parts with batman
Because he's "normal", which makes him relatable, which makes him interesting.

Superman is boring. He was a revolutionary idea and we owe the entire genre, mostly, to him, but in 2017 he's boring. He needs nerfed hard to be even remotely interesting. Goku is a blatant copy of Superman yet far more interesting.

Wonder Woman is a shitty character and always has been. Nobody cares about her.

Marvel's characters are more fun to watch because they're essentially all variations of Batman. They're "normal" people that have had extraordinary things happen to them, but we see them before those events, so we can form a basis of how they were in the past and relate to them. Spider-Man is superpowered, super fast, and highly intelligent...but he's struggling with school, his social life, work, and his general poverty. All of us can relate to him in some way.

Thor is the closest thing the MCU has to Superman, but he's incredibly cocky and naive. He's not Mr. Perfect like Superman is, so he's more interesting and self-nerfing.
>>
>>81542969
AC had also a much higher budget and bigger names and a well-known IP.

Honestly, WB as whole is pretty shit when it comes to marketing. They allowed Disney to trample all over them during BvS's release. And they are still letting retarded shit from the press slide because their communication (read: bribes) are so poor compared to Disney. If I was a DCEU filmmaker, I would kick the shit out of the marketing guys for failing so miserably. They stood completely passive as Disney completely sabotaged BvS's premiere. It didn't have to be this way if the marketing guys were living in this century.
>>
>>81543029
You really took a big dump on your own post with that last sentence. Superman will always be more interesting than Thor. You're a retard who can only see character in physical power levels, no wonder considering your love for Dragonball.
>>
Guys.....GUYS?....When was the last time anybody made a thread about anything that happened in an MCU movie?
>>
>>81542965
BvS did suck but your friend must not have seen a lot of movies. Civil War was competent but far from great.
>>
File: 1474847718225.jpg (51KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1474847718225.jpg
51KB, 500x495px
>>81543082
Literally the only "character" Superman has is being a schoolboy's power fantasy. The only decent piece of writing in his backstory is Pa Kent dying, showing him that even with all of his powers he can't save everyone.

Which they retconned, of course.
>>
>>81543094
We usually get the Marvel threads when there's something new to advertise to the masses. Other than that, nothing. They are only here to sell the movies, not discuss them.>>81542419
>>
>>81542263
>One year later and plebs still don't get this scene

It's not about Batman realizing he's becoming the killer. It's a culmination of the whole movie up to that point of Batman and Superman ascending into their identities. Batman's search for God in a world where his parents were murdered in front of him comes to an end, when he finds God in Superman. "We project ourselves onto him" ... When Batman projects himself onto Superman, from a distance he's a threat, but up close he just wants to save his parents.

The music in the trailer for the movie is a cover of "The Seeker" ... Batman is searching for God.

Superman from this point onward, is no longer a "False God"... He literally becomes God. Notice how he suddenly knows and hears what everyone's thinking and doing? He asks Batman "Did you find the spear?"

Also before that line, he is nuked with Doomsday, and a large missile is fired from the sky "Gods hurl Thunderbolts" and Batman looks up and says "Oh God"

It also cuts to Superman knocked out in space, pointing directly at the explosion on Earth, showing that yes, God gives humans knowledge, but it can hurt them when used against God's will.

His arc is complete when he sacrifices himself and saves the world from Doomsday, but as we all know it's up to humanity to rebuild, to do better. Because Doomsday is "unkillable" even after the end of the movie. Doomsday is the metaphor for sin. It will always exist.

Perhaps now if you follow, "If you seek his monument, look around you" has a double meaning.

But it all begins at the Martha scene.

You're too young to understand. Stick to Thor vs Hulk.
>>
>>81543126
>Which they retconned, of course.
They never retconned that.

And I can't believe how much is flying over your head.
>>
>>81543094
>there hasn't been a single day without 100 BVS MUH MASTERPIECE threads in months
>complaining about Marvel threads when a new trailer just came out
WEW
>>
>>81543094
Did you miss the sticky from 2 days ago?
>>
>>81543160
>BvS threads well past its theater run, people just want to discuss it
>Marvel threads only when there is a new trailer to shill and during premiere week, then nothing
We get how Disney's marketing works. It's been very apparent for some time now.
>>
>>81543152
Superman can literally detect heartbeats now and he's capable of reversing time. He massaged Pa Kent's heart with vibrations.
>>
>>81543029
in general yes, that's why we all like batman the best

but in the case of this movie, i think he was done amazingly well, absolutely the best batman i have seen live action, the costume, the actor, the relationship with alfred, the manor/cave, his parents and his memory of them, his fight scenes, everything

superman as a hero is boring but in the Justice league cartoon he was honestly enjoyable for me, i loved his dynamic with lex luthor especially. i enjoyed him being a cheesy american propaganda spouting nice guy
>>
>>81543216
> i enjoyed him being a cheesy american propaganda spouting nice guy
I did too, but if they want to modernize him, they should copy from Marvel (which is what they do best) and take Cap's template.
>>
>>81543188
>being this Snyderpilled
You fucks WON'T let us have any discussion in our own threads. The moment a Marvel thread appears you shit it up. BvS threads only have like two retards trolling you but Marvel threads are nothing but DC shilling.
>>
>>81542477
In my house, asshole. Answer the goddam question,

>>81542604
You too, dipshit,

What do you owe the world?
>>
>>81543188
There is no discussion though.

90% of the time its people with prewritten "essays" and video links spamming their threads without responding to others until they bait people who disagree into arguments.

It has its own reputation for shitposting and triggering to the point that people who don't even like the movie will shill it just to troll.

Meanwhile there are dozens if not hundreds of movies that go ignored. I haven't seen a thread about Lynch more than once ever I think. Same can be said for at least another dozen interesting directors.

Uncontroversial content always gets ignored because it has no ability to piss people off. That's why retards will also defend the Resident Evil movies.
>>
>>81542756
Civil War
>20 cuts across 5 seconds of shitty action with awful choreography
>a bad guy that can somehow predict extremely unpredictable future events about the avengers' decisions and where they'll be
>a 20 minute spiderman advertisement
>horrible cgi
>terrible colour grading and cinematography
>forgettable music
>no danger or real consequences to anyone's actions "hey, we're still friends right?"- "depends how hard you hit me"
>never goes beyond the source material
>civil war literally refers to the airport fight, no in-depth exploration of the different ideologies

Batman v Superman
>fights with actual weight and consequences
>characters with real, independent justified motivations
>a 5 minute justice league advertisement
>some bad cgi
>fantastic cinematography and colour
>amazing soundtrack that sticks with you
>goes far above and beyond the source material
>battle of ideologies explored properly as opposed to the title referencing the literal battle

Totally the same film bro
>>
>>81543082

Not the Anon you were replying to but Thor was always my single favorite superhero in the comics and I always found him to be 100X more interesting than Superman

However the movies are different because the pleb moviegping audience isn't ready for a true representation of the comic book Thor.

So even though I am one of the few people that thougt the first Thor movie was WAY underrated I have to go in the other direction and attest to the fact that Man of Steel is the greatest comic book superhero movie ever made and BvS is far more interesting than 90% of the stuff that Marvel shits out.
>>
>>81543288
>with prewritten "essays
Having myself been in a lot of bvs threads, the majority aren't prewritten
Only the screencaps are

Each thread I come across people interpreting scenes or the entire film differently. Each thread I see actual debate and discussion over aspects of the film

Myself, each thread I tend to write a few paragraphs saying things I've mostly said before but with the benefit of further reflection and consideration of more viewpoints
But sometimes, such as this thread, I won't write much at all and am more content to read what other people write about the film
>>
>>81543296
>amazing color in BvS.

I don't even get mad anymore. I'm just feel really sad. Its like seeing a kid come home with an F on their report card.

I just don't know what went wrong to make people think this. Did BvS thread shill enough? Were they fans already? Are they contrarians? Are they just ignorant? Are they trolling?

I don't know anymore.
>>
File: jiminand-suga.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
jiminand-suga.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>81543248
i agree

there is no reason for superman to be a grizzled brooding troubled hero like batman, that's batmans job

even if they wanted to create an edgy dark gritty universe, it would only make superman more interesting as a positive america loving boyscout as you say, in that world of despair

that's why i absolutely hated those idiotic scenes in man of steel where superman is running around the world dressed like a lumberjack with a beard, that's just not fucking superman
>>
>>81543376
*tips fedora*
>>
>>81543149
>Doomsday is the metaphor for sin. It will always exist.
Ahaha what
>>
>>81543288
Discussion keeps getting sidelined by Marvel drones intentionally derailing it so it doesn't get momentum. They do this shit on routine.
>>
>>81543382
know how i know you watched bvs on a shitty laptop screen in the dark?
>>
>>81543082
>literally no stakes man will always be more interesting than the god of thunder

Supes is so bland it hurts desu.
>>
>>81543415
I guess the Disney shilling script mandates Thor comparisons. It makes sense.
>>
>>81542567
>mysogynist
kek
>>
There is something really deeply wrong with you if you think BvS is better than The Dark Knight or Batman Begins
>>
>>81543404
>mention nothing about god
>say nothing pretentious
>say that these threads have lots of discussion and that i enjoy reading people's different interpretations
>apparently this is euphoric

you're trying way too hard
i literally don't know what i'd do if i was as stupid/assblasted as you
>>
>>81543407
Good reply. Got him good.
>>
>>81543399
>is an orphan
>isn't a human but loves a human
>otherwise does good work and people hate him for it
>as his debut performance as superman, destroys his hometown fighting his own people, then cops down a dozen buildings in the country's greatest city

Yeah, totally no reason for superman to be troubled...
>>
>>81543149
Doomsday is a metaphor for the studio's demand for big CGI monsters. Little Zack thinks they're totally cool and rad, too.
>>
>>81543488
Doomsday is closely intertwined to the themes of the film. Shame you were too dumb to notice it.
>>
>>81543440
>what is reading comprehension
Your DC friend made the comparison first and I replied to it desu.
>>
>>81543465
hehe *tips fedora*
quite eluqant my friend indeed
*pushes up glasses*
but you lack skill *smiles deviously*
*vanishes*
>>
These threads always go the same way

>marvelcuck says the film is bad and makes x, y and z mistakes
>dcbro says this isn't the case
>marvelcuck screams and keeps spamming the same tired criticisms
>finally a dcbro responds properly
>marvelcuck responds with "hahaha" or a vague ad hominem that ignores the actual argument

And on and on
Like, at this point everyone claiming that liking this film is a meme has to be a troll right?
No one could actually be so stupid as to ignore the endless well-reasoned responses to every criticism, RIGHT?
>>
>>81543296
Also, BvS has Batman hitting Superman over the head with a sink, the most hilarious scene of 2016.
>>
File: 1482247647549.jpg (41KB, 570x412px) Image search: [Google]
1482247647549.jpg
41KB, 570x412px
Disneylets still this butthurt nobody here gives two shits about Marvel anymore
>>
>>81543514
tell me what is the metaphor behind batman looking at emails containing trailes for aquaman and flash movies (also cyborg origin scene)

is it like in the bible when the archangels hackriel and fraudriel showed john images of buddha and osama bin laden?
>>
>>81543413
I like films that aren't intentionally desaturated as fuck and use more than two colors.

That has nothing to do with the cinematography. But you're fucking delusional if you think the color of the movie is good.

>Bright blue and red?
Nope washed out
>Broad daylight?
Nope still kind of pale and sickly
>Explosions and fire
Still desaturated and pale
>Funereal of superman in daylight
Nope, wouldn't want the thematic payoff of having a "new day" signalled by his sacrifice. That'd make too much sense and actually be a smart use of color. Instead it'll remain desaturated and sickly
>Blue sky?
Nope. White sky.

The only thing that has any color is the kryptonite for about 5 minutes screen time. Otherwise its the standard film 101 blue and orange with accompanying black/brown/white/grey.

It looks fucking bad man. Especially for a movie that's striving to be more realistic looking. Realistic =/= dreary with lack of color.
>>
>>81543555
I'm starting to report the blatant shitposts like>>81543536
We need to clean up these threads.
>>
>another bvs thread
>another loser trying to force people to like a movie
>more pretentious YouTube links
>more pretentious recreations of paintings
>more pretentious pseudos thinking this equates to proper storytelling
>more bullshit
>more snyder
>more boring tone
>more "philosophical undertones" but the movie still ends in a CGI shitfest devoid of imagination
>more idiots failing to realize that this film is the epitome of the creatively bankrupt hollywood machine
>laughing at the biblical portatraits and the fact that bvs pseudos refuse to acknowledge that memebers of the most popular superhero team up in history were introduced through an email attachment because the people in charge couldn't be bothered to introduce them properly and with substance
>not just creating a comic book film but instead a pretentious shitfest that you know legions of retards will put up on a pedestal
>not introducing Batman in the film by displaying him trying to stop one of the villains from his popular rogue gallery
>instead we get a morbid scene of Batman stopping a sex trafficking operation
>Superman is boring
>Lex Luthor isn't Lex Luthor but instead a self-insert for the director
>nothing happens
>just scene after scene
>no establishing shots
>no scenes with batman and superman in the fortress of solitude
>just doesn't feel like a comic book film period
>>
>>81543482
i meant superman should be positive, like that other anon said, like captain america in the MCU

the captain america story is honestly the most compelling capeshit story ive ever seen, he was frozen in time and lost everyone he's ever known and loved
>>
>>81543595
Why do you think Luthor had those files?
>>
File: download.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 225x225px
>>81543160

>complaining
>>
>>81543606
I liked watchmen and 300 but honestly Zach is not competent enough to make this work
>>
File: spoiler image.jpg (57KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
spoiler image.jpg
57KB, 500x334px
>>81543597
>When the desperate MCUck tries to shitpost the funeral scene but ends up using his shitposting buzzwords all wrong
>>
>>81543555
This so much. BvS fans, both of you, are the most brilliant minds on planet earth. Literally everyone else is a pleb sheep too dumb to grasp Snyder's mindblowing vision.
>>
File: BvS interpretations 3.jpg (902KB, 629x3321px) Image search: [Google]
BvS interpretations 3.jpg
902KB, 629x3321px
Do I need to post them?
>>
>>81543595
>tell me what is the metaphor behind batman looking at emails containing trailes for aquaman and flash movies (also cyborg origin scene)

I like that Lex even made little superhero logos for them. It goes with the metaphoric theme of Lex Luthor being a failed, resentful comic book artist - naturally, this went over a lot of people's heads.
>>
File: disdain.jpg (11KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
11KB, 296x300px
>>81543608
>sympathizing with comic book heroes rather than debating and contemplating the eternal form of Justice
>>
>>81543296
>fights with actual weight and consequences
You've got to be kidding me. The actual titular fight was fucking terrible.

Superman bounced Batman around like a ping pong ball. Then, Batman hits him with a Kryptonite canister after disappearing through a cloud of smoke. Then Batman bounces Superman around like a ping pong ball. Then Superman's power comes back, he bounces Batman around, then Batman hits him with more Kryptonite, Batman bounces Superman around, and then MARTHA. It's one of the worst fight scenes I've ever seen. Ever. And that's not an exaggeration.
>>
>>81543679
waste of time
>>
File: 1490942356361.png (67KB, 1095x224px) Image search: [Google]
1490942356361.png
67KB, 1095x224px
>>81543669
BvS is already confirmed kino. No need to. It's just two desperate shitposters who can't cope with their shitposting campaign backfiring on their faces.
>>
>>81537282
>This movie is a masterpiece and in later years will be acclaimed in the same way Blade Runner was

Except anyone remotely familiar with the source material knows how epic the fight between Bats and Superior was supposed to be. Instead we get a piss-poor vision of it.

When you're this unfaithful to source material it can never be considered true kino.
>>
>>81539304

I liked it the first time

You don't have to like it.

But acting like Snyder is a clueless retard when he clearly knows what he's doing is why these get posted every fucking day
>>
>>81543733
I think you've summed up this entire thread. Pithy, I like it.
>>
>>81543555
I've posted the same two problems that I always post in these threads (>>81542018,
>>81542657) that also never seem to get answered whenever I post them. Could I please get a proper response from one of these DCbros you mention?
>>
File: 1468625163452.jpg (6KB, 158x178px) Image search: [Google]
1468625163452.jpg
6KB, 158x178px
>>81543679
>capeshit for edgy 13 year olds made by a hack has philosophical weight
>>
>>81543376
Yeah, that's me too. I learn something new, examine it from that new angle, see if there's consistency to it, and either incorporate or discard.
>>
>>81543733
This. I would've settled on BvS as a really good superhero film and then moved on but the way these Marvel drones desperately try to make it look like a failure is big part of the reason why I stay and fight them. Fuck them. Their shilling went into overkill. Disney hired some nasty middle-men.
>>
>>81543733
Snyder literally is a clueless retard
>>
>>81543633
And Disney has no answer for you, DCbro.

What a shock.
>>
File: superman saves.jpg (75KB, 989x658px) Image search: [Google]
superman saves.jpg
75KB, 989x658px
>>81543597
>having a thematic colour-palette is a bad use of colour
christ, disney has really cucked you eh?
>>
>>81543820
I love this shot.
>>
Snyder fanboys are seriously the textbook definition of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
>>
>>81543820
Zach should burn at the stake for all the sacrilegious imagery he puts in his flicks
>>
>>81543836
personally it disgusts me
>>
>>81543678
If you could see past your own sarcasm, you'd have it.

I remember when I went through that snarky phase. Trust me. It doesn't make you sound nearly as intelligent as you think it does.
>>
File: squidward.png (183KB, 575x557px) Image search: [Google]
squidward.png
183KB, 575x557px
Friendly reminder that Zack Snyder is a poor man's Michael Bay
>>
>>81543837
kek, hit the nail on the head
>>
File: civil war nuf said.webm (3MB, 1422x662px) Image search: [Google]
civil war nuf said.webm
3MB, 1422x662px
>>81543714
>one of worst fights you've ever seen
impressive
>>
Reminder
He spent all weekend posting about capeshit and playing videogames while Muslims ran down childrrn
>>
>>81543760
Sure. One sec.
>>
>209posts
>49 posters

Marvel pajeets never surprise me with their butthurt
>>
>>81543666
>>81543820
>>81543666
Wow.

I got baited again. Every single time I actually expect someone to defend the movie sincerely and everytime I bring something up legitimately this is what happens.

I mention the funereal in ONE point of my post and now the whole thing is a "shotpost" about it?

I'm a MCUck because i criticize bvs?

AND apparently using the word desaturated and washed out is "buzzwords" even though they're literally industry terms.

Not a single fucking argument. Are you just trolling me anon? Be serious now.

Jerk yourself off all you want about cinematography, that's not what i disagree with.

But the COLOR is atrocious.

Here's good color:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkqiWhAxy_Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj7n0DSFBZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M8m4LyFSkE

The last of these actually uses a similarly narrow, dark, and washed out palatte precisely because it accentuates the intent of the film and the purpose of these scenes.

The point is just the utterly lack of range.

>>81543820
>Superman is a symbol of hope and heroism
>Batman is unhinged and misled about him

And yet they're framed and colored in the exact same way. There's no "thematic" use of color here you fucking retard. They're both extremely desaturated, dark, and fucked up as if they're equals.
>>
>>81543905
That webm alone has 2 good shots: the bitch getting thrown through the table, and Tony blocking the bullet.
>>
File: 1472233983607.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1472233983607.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>81543669
>autismspeaks.jpg
>>
>>81543633
because WB wanted to promote their DCEU

>inb4 lex was trying to form a super team to take on superman or doomsday, who at that point wasn't even something lex knew he could create headcanon that was never even remotely hinted at
>>
>>81542018
>How is creating a mindless monster bent solely on destruction that you have no hope of controlling a good idea?

Because all he'd ever intended Doomsday to be was a diversion for Clark. That hinged on Clark delivering what he asked him for.

>How does this help disprove the existence of an all PKG God
It doesn't. But then again, Lex never saw Clark as anything more than yet another means to an end to begin with, just like he sees everyone else.

Now I ask you this question in return:

Why would the man who spends the entire movie lying about his motives and manipulating people choose the moment when his chosen "nemesis" is standing in front of him to come clean about his motives?

Fuck tropes. Break the conditioning,
>>
>>81543980
You are browsing these threads enough to know that theory meaning you are here on a daily basis. What's your obsession being here daily with the shitposts?
>>
>>81543881
I also went through your "wise elder imparting wisdom on the masses" phase, and believe me, it's much more annoying than you realize right now.

The thing with cramming loads of obvious, on the nose symbolism and metaphor into your movie is that it only works if the movie actually comes together on a basic, narrative level, and Snyder can't do that. And he can't do subtle either. He's the guy you get when you want dumb but stylish action shots without substance, that's what he's built his entire career on.
>>
>>81544036
nah breh, I know the theory from when the movie came out and (You) started posting it. It sounds like you go around spouting it off like it's fact every chance you get, so who's the one obsessed here?
>>
>>81542018
Ignoring all the symbolism for a second, Doomsday was Lex's attempt to control the world.
He figured that infusing his blood into Zod's body, he could create a Kryptonian-esque creature that was subservient to him.
He therefore figured that with Superman dead or destroyed in the public's mind (by killing batman), that he would be able to sweep in with Doomsday and have complete power (cause that's all Lex really wanted, power)

The religious element was all an allegory from Lex's view to respond to everyone who was praising Superman as the second coming of Jesus or an all new deity.
Lex used the problem of evil argument to show why, even if Superman was a God, he shouldn't be praised. But really, he wanted to show that Superman was a demon
If he got Superman to kill Batman, this would prove it since there would be irrefutable proof that Superman killed a human who was trying to save other humans

>>81542657
Did you see the ultimate edition? It's a LOT clearer there. But essentially Superman saw the "unchecked" power Batman had. He dished out an unaccountable brand of justice in an area that no one gave a shit about
And these criminals were branded such that they were then murdered in jail

And everyone was turning a blind eye to this happening. Superman was still looking for a purpose himself. So, as a reporter, he wanted to stop it
He only fought him at the end because of Lex though

When Superman defied the CIA, it was to save the girl he loved
>>
>>81544095
You didn't answer the question, where does this obsession with a film you didn't like derive from? Paid shill or mental illness?
>>
>>81543940
Yeah, man. Dead on. That's good color. The limited palette and the way it's expanding is a motif in these films. We've been saying so for more than a year now.

Look at how the palette already started to become richer in the Suicide Squad. Watch what they do with it Wonder Woman - vibrant past/paradise contrasted with a grey, muted, war-torn present.

Clark will bring the sun,
>>
>>81544136
I'm not obsessed over this film. You are.
>>
File: GirlandAldishodge.jpg (29KB, 247x300px) Image search: [Google]
GirlandAldishodge.jpg
29KB, 247x300px
At this point in time the DCEU has way more potential to be interesting and the guy from Leverage would be the the perfect John Stewart.
>>
>>81544162
So paid shill it is then. What's the pay per shitpost?
>>
>>81544091
Then why isn't he Jesus?

Why is Jesus the one specific deity Lex doesn't mention?

Because that's not what Lex sees when he looks at him.
>>
>>81544161
>its ok that the film has shit color its meant to be shitty
>see the idea is to limit color and saturate to the bare minimum and then incrementally improve it over like 6 fucking movies
>brilliant

And go figure that it looks like JL (after WW AND suicide squad) looks the exact same as BvS: desaturated, blue, grey, white, black, and orange counterbalance.

And you're seriously going to argue that SS was some type of departure from that? Despite the fact that its public knowledge that it WASN'T until TrailerPark recut the movie based on their misleading trailer when Warner Bros got anxious about audience testing?

You couldn't possibly be more dishonest or more deluded.

I sincerely hope you are run over by a car. People like you shouldn't breed, let alone discuss something as simple as movies.
>>
>>81543940
>And yet they're framed and colored in the exact same way.
No they're not
Superman has the light. The shot posted is probably the darkest shot of superman and it's still lit up brilliantly by the fire. Clark is almost all shown in daylight hours when it's a solo scene
In contrast, Bruce's solo scenes all have harsh shadows and an overcast sun or set at night

They are framed similarly precisely to show the parallels of the two and highlight the differences
>superman looks up in uncertain hope at saving lives from a burning building
>batman looks up in certain anger after seeing a building full of his employees get destroyed
>>
>>81544188
pretty good. Not as much as they pay you DCucks though, I can't imagine how much they must pay you to try and make it seem like this garbage is kino.
>>
>>81542329

It's interesting. It's a bit like Southland Tales (Which I consider a misunderstood masterpiece) in that it tries a whole lot and people disagree quite passionately if it succeeded.
>>
>>81543980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4cJb25uzcU

literally explained in the movie why Lex has those evidence of metahumans.

>DUDE MY ADHD IS SO BAD FROM WATCHING DISNEY MOVIES LET ME JUST BASH THE ONLY GOOD CAPE MOVIE SO THAT I WONT LOOK LIKE A RETARD FOR NOT GETTING IT LOL XD
>>
File: lex-luthor.jpg (536KB, 2460x1637px) Image search: [Google]
lex-luthor.jpg
536KB, 2460x1637px
>>81544221
Gee, ya think?
>>
>>81544242
>And you're seriously going to argue that SS was some type of departure from that? Despite the fact that its public knowledge that it WASN'T until TrailerPark recut the movie based on their misleading trailer when Warner Bros got anxious about audience testing?

Does editing typically take place before or after the final touch-ups and color-keying occurs?'
>>
>>81544131
>He figured that infusing his blood into Zod's body, he could create a Kryptonian-esque creature that was subservient to him.

So Lex Luthor, a supposed genius billionaire who managed to amass so much power and influence that senators are literally eating candy from his hands, uses saturday morning cartoon logic when conducting genetic experiments with unstoppable aliens? "Nobody controls Superman, but if I mix his species' DNA with my blood the result will HAVE to listen to me, what other possible outcome could there be?" Did he seriously not consider any outcomes besides Doomsday obeying his every command? Because if he didn't that sounds like Lex was either written to be stupid or the writers were too stupid to think about it.

>The religious element was all an allegory from Lex's view to respond to everyone who was praising Superman as the second coming of Jesus or an all new deity.
>Lex used the problem of evil argument to show why, even if Superman was a God, he shouldn't be praised. But really, he wanted to show that Superman was a demon
>If he got Superman to kill Batman, this would prove it since there would be irrefutable proof that Superman killed a human who was trying to save other humans

I asked nothing about his plot to have Superman kill Batman, how does Doomsday fit into that plan and how does it help prove that Superman isn't worthy of praise?

cont
>>
>>81544309
so it was to promote the DCEU. Good to know I was right.
>>
>>81544394
>Did he seriously not consider any outcomes besides Doomsday obeying his every command? Because if he didn't that sounds like Lex was either written to be stupid or the writers were too stupid to think about it.

He literally activates Doomsday after seeing Superman alive and not with Batman's head.
>>
>>81544311
Now balance out the extremes, remove any shred of empathy, and you'll have it.
>>
>>81544417
And DCbros are called the shills here. Kill yourself brainlet nigger.
>>
Sven the Swedish videogame player has been here since 10 am shilling. it is now 6:36 PM in Sweden
take note
>>
>>81544394
There's footage of him saying he thought he could control it, but since that didn't survive either cut, I think it's safe to say that it's not to be taken into what Lex was thinking at that moment.

He went all in, he lost, and he knew it. When Bats was on the other end of that call, he knew he was forever fucked. He probably no longer cared if he lived or died, because with all those loose ends still loose, his image as the "geeky billionaire philanthropist" was lost forever.
>>
>>81544394
>Nobody controls Superman, but if I mix his species' DNA with my blood the result will HAVE to listen to me, what other possible outcome could there be?" Did he seriously not consider any outcomes besides Doomsday obeying his every command? Because if he didn't that sounds like Lex was either written to be stupid or the writers were too stupid to think about it.
Blood is thicker than water etc
Lex was subservient to his own father, as is frequently voiced, despite hating him. He made Doomsday on a whim. He couldn't know what was going to happen but he saw the chance and reasoned it might go well for him
He was clearly unhinged and upset by the very existence of Superman, in his mind this was a way to overcome that setback

Doomsday was Lex's endgame. Again, he did it on a whim after hearing activating the spaceship
Doomsday was a backup in case Superman survived and a contingency
Even if Doomsday went bad, as he did, then assuming he didn't die Lex could use Doomsday to prove he was right all along about needing a deterrent and would have a lot of political clout and power

In Lex's mind, other than the small chance of his own death, Doomsday was a win-win situation
>>
>>81544462
Again, with a director who is capable of subtlety and doesn't shove his clunky symbolism in your face at every opportunity, this sort of thing could be interesting, even profound. But Snyder simply can't do it.
>>
>>81544383
Have you seen SS anon? Its really terrible and you can very very obviously tell which parts came from which cut.

The original David Eyre cut is predictably colored and saturated the exact way you would expect based on all these past movies.

The new cut is bright colorful neon-gimmick to appeal to the Hot Topic crowd.

>>81544246
Don't know what movie you're watching dude.

There's definitely parallelism in terms of shot framing, but that wasn't my argument. My argument is just that the color palate is extremely limited and ugly. That's a fact.

You can mitigate that fact if you prove it has some type of thematic purpose. But given that the completion of Batman's arc resolves NOTHING via the funereal having the same color range i'd side with the idea of it not changing much or having much meaning.

Just skipping through the movie cursorily seems to confirm that. The Mountain top scene where Superman is supposedly being taught/advised about the burden of heroism has the exact same color and lighting as any other. Its ALL the same.

Meanwhile, if you want to call the use of Orange a sign of someone being good (Since superman is surrounded by it in that one scene) you can also see LEX surrounded in orange light during the creation of Zod.

If anything, you would want an opposite complimentary color to imply that they're equal opposites as ideal members of humanity/vs/krypton. But that's NOT how its used.

I think that the range is so narrow that its inevitable you contrive connection where there are not really any meaningful connections: you are bound to have recurring colors because there's only 4-5 effectively, but their associations don't match what you assert.
>>
>>81544561
and this is explained in the movie how?

nothing you said was even hinted at in any of lex's scenes
it is all a fabrication of your retarded assumptions in a vain attempt to add depth to a poorly written character

Goyer is not capable of writing what you described, and snyder isn't capable of hiding it within the details
>>
>>81544654
Oh. Also Doomsday and the flamethrower are bright orange.

Clearly there isn't some type of thematic purpose of "orange/colorful = good vs blue/dark = evil"

If they wanted to make that connection they could have gone about it in a FAR better way.
>>
If you are not a newfag you know that all those essays about DCU movies being deep , are bait or people parroting that troll Armond.

Its sad and pathetic the people that try to find deeper meaning in these movies that the writers or directors didnt even intend to be in the movies.

It's like those hipster artists that make a sculpture with his own feces while high on meth.
Then you have equally stupid art enthusiasts that stare at the feces sculptures and interpret it as an inner struggle of the artists soul and a reflection of modern society, etc, etc.
They think they are high works of art from a talented artist.
In reality they are just molded prices of shit made my a drugged out faggot. There was no intention of an message or deepness.
This perfectly describes Snyder and DCucks.
>>
>>81544654
>That's a fact.
No it's not, which is why even the people that hate on this film admit that the cinematography and aesthetic was well done
>Its ALL the same.
Genuine question, do you have some sort of visual impairment? Batman V Superman has some of the most diverse aesthetics across a film I've ever seen.

> you can also see LEX surrounded in orange light during the creation of Zod
>superman lit up by the natural fire from the destruction of a nearby building after saving the occupants
>lex lit up by the artifical lighting of a spaceshit that brought about the destruction of half of metropolis as he carries out a sequence intended to save humanity in his mind
So you've pointed out another brilliant use of aesthetics to draw parallels between different characters' actions while also showing the differences
This is a good thing?
>>
>>81544394
>Did you see the ultimate edition? It's a LOT clearer there. But essentially Superman saw the "unchecked" power Batman had. He dished out an unaccountable brand of justice in an area that no one gave a shit about
>And these criminals were branded such that they were then murdered in jail
>And everyone was turning a blind eye to this happening. Superman was still looking for a purpose himself. So, as a reporter, he wanted to stop it
>He only fought him at the end because of Lex though

I did watch the ultimate edition. It's clear as to why Superman believes Batman is out of control, I'm asking why Superman doesn't realize he's doing the exact same thing.

>When Superman defied the CIA, it was to save the girl he loved

So when Superman circumvents the law, injects himself into a live operation and murders somebody that the CIA is after with his bare hands (I assume that when a regular human being is plowed through three different walls with no armor or protection they end up dead) it's alright because his girlfriend was there, but when Batman marks sex traffickers to die because he has his own sense of justice and is tired of letting criminals pop up again and again, it's wrong?

>>81544024
>How does this help disprove the existence of an all PKG God
>It doesn't.
Thank you for at least acknowledging that the arguments I've seen over and over again don't make sense.

>Why would the man who spends the entire movie lying about his motives and manipulating people choose the moment when his chosen "nemesis" is standing in front of him to come clean about his motives?

Have to admit, first guess would be poor screenwriting. Since I want an actual discussion though second guess would be that he knows he's fucked either way so might as well come clean, I'm going to die or go to prison either way. Third guess would be that he's still playing 5D chess and still lying or speaking in coded religious symbolism.

cont.
>>
>be WB
>have superior capeshit universe
>have suprerior and iconic characters
>even one of them can literally made bil easily if movie is at least above average
>have all the hype
>have tons of fans
>have DCAU and MCU as examples of adaptations
>failed so hard that greatest capeshit team of all time is less wanted than reddit-squad of literally who
>movie about the most famous female superhero is already doomed
>even FUCKING BATMAN is struggles to be created
Is DCEU cursed by Snyder and Goyer or something?
>>
>>81544520

What swedish video game player?
>>
>>81544660
This is all constantly said if you pay any attention to Lex's scenes. The speech he gives at the charity function ring any bells?
>Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power because... because that is *paradoxical* and, um... thank you for coming.
Everytime he talks about his father, there is so much clear disdain and he remarks that he used to beat him. Yet he never defied him, hence the
>I wonder senator if daddy would mind if I changed just one thing?
even though his dad is long since dead

Jesus, actually watch the film you're criticising
>>
BvS was shit.
The only decent things about it were Irons, Affleck and Fishbourne. The story, the characters and the script were laughably bad. I still wonder how you can manage to fuck up a film like that when you basically have a templet in comic boom form that would work easily with a couple of minor changes.
>>
>>81544908
you're injecting a lot of your own headcanon from very little provided from the movie.
>>
>>81544844
>I'm asking why Superman doesn't realize he's doing the exact same thing
Superman isn't beating random people and worthless thugs mercilessly and then branding them before sending them to jail, knowing they'll be murdered

> it's alright because his girlfriend was there
He saved his girlfriend because the CIA couldn't. He didn't try to kill anyone. He had to kill Zod. If he hadn't, Zod would have wiped out all life

>but when Batman marks sex traffickers to die because he has his own sense of justice and is tired of letting criminals pop up again and again, it's wrong?
Yes, because he's not accountable. The sex traffickers aren't putting a threat to all life on the planet. They aren't untouchable by the law. Zod couldn't have been stopped by anyone other than Superman.
You don't have to agree, but that's how it is to Superman
>>
>>81544946
No I'm not. Tell me what isn't stated or shut the fuck up instead of this vague "lots of headcanon" thing
>inb4 you can't because you don't even remember the film
>>
File: 3dsmuganime.jpg (908KB, 3529x2730px) Image search: [Google]
3dsmuganime.jpg
908KB, 3529x2730px
>>81544817
>Cinematography and aesthetic is well done.

I said that. Its the color that's ugly. That's part of "aesthetics" but only one part.

And yes, compared to the variety of ways of using color and quality of color/light BvS is objectively limited. You simply haven't seen enough movies if you think it has range.

The fact that you go EVEN farther to say it has "the most diverse aesthetics across a film I've ever seen" is proof enough that you are mentally retarded or approximately 15 years old. Or both considering this is fucking /tv/

Do you want to see diverse and interesting use of color?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMM5tZOsr3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdXGhsAynGI

Your standards of "most diverse color" are fucking meaningless when you haven't even seen films like these.

>Headcanon excuse for why doomsday represents orange because orange = destruction despite the mental gymnastics.

I'm out. I thought someone here would have integrity but clearly not. You could just go on your day and say "Hey, limited color doesn't mean its a bad movie" And that'd be fine.

But no. You have to defend every single aspect of the movie as if its a fucking art-house palm d'or winner. As if everything was calculated perfectly.

The use of color has no consistency. First dark/blue/washed out is negative because of Batman's association with it and shadow and second its opposite is negative/destructive because its associated with doomsday.

There is no winning because you have fucking 150 minutes of autism to dissect selectively for whatever ad hoc interpretation is convenient.

Please kill yourself. Wasting peoples time in these threads by arguing this way when you should know better isn't funny or troll-y. Its just shitposting.
>>
Legit have yet to read a legit criticism for this or Man of Steel
>>
>>81544866

>estimated 80+ million dollar opening
>for a female lead solo movie with a female director in a climate where that never happens
>on a $100 million budget
>doomed

Even I am starting to think people are shilling and I know that concept is categorically retarded
>>
>>81545098
legit you never will because legit you're in legit denial and you'll legit ignore it and legit brush it off
>>
From other thread.

>>81543602
>Lex doesn't face any "truth." He's either lying the entire time or somewhere is corrupted.

Correct. Lex never faces truth because his entire life is lies. He's obsessed with power and lies and manipulates to get it. He murdered his chance at facing the truth in the bombing.

>Exactly what in the dialogue are you referring to suggest the primary thematic message of is "facing truth?"

The first scenes with the principal characters all revolve around them telling at least one lie and sidestepping the truth.

Clark lies to Lois(and himself) when he says, "I don't care what they're saying," then proceeds to romance her and cut off further discussion. It's a way of sidestepping the guilt he's wrestling with over the events from MoS, for which he's yet to face any of the consequences for,

Bruce lies to Alfred both about what he's after and why. The truth he's avoiding is that his "grand crusade" against the alien isn't about justice or legacy or anything other than his obsession - vengeance,

Lex lies to literally everyone he comes in contact with, and his motive is what it always is with Lex - more power.'

Each character is challenged on their lies again later. Bruce by Alfred. Clark by Lois, and Lex by Senator Finch,

Clark begins confronting his truth just by showing up to court. He doesn't even need to say a word. The very act of showing up is indication that he's ready to stop running from the consequences. He confronts it more fully later when by confronting Doomsday, the walking embodiment of his guilt and the consequences of his past actions, he's embracing his role in the world as a protector and to face whatever consequences may come. Those consequences in this case, being his death.

Bruce faces the truth by facing Clark, Facing the target of his vendetta, he confronts the truth of his earlier dream. He's letting his obsession with vengeance to consume him.

Lex refuses to face the truth, and continues to chase his obsession,
>>
>>81544561
>Again, he did it on a whim after hearing activating the spaceship

So Lex just conveniently happened to step foot in the room that can conveniently make a mindless monster that will conveniently force the three superheroes in this movie to put aside any differences and work together in the climax, and with no idea of what could happen thinks that making a "deformity" is a good idea. Decisions like that made on a whim don't make Lex seem like the genius the movie is trying to imply he is.

>>81544550
>When Bats was on the other end of that call, he knew he was forever fucked.
>>81544453
>He literally activates Doomsday after seeing Superman alive and not with Batman's head.

I'm watching the scene now, when Superman breaks into the space ship the countdown to activating Doomsday is already at 40 seconds, meaning he was planning on releasing Doomsday before he found out that Supes hadn't killed Batman and before he found out that Batman took out all of his men.
>>
>>81545135
I've read them all and disproved them all allready
>>
>>81545131
according to you, hilary should be president today.
>>
File: 1435856197991.jpg (22KB, 180x260px) Image search: [Google]
1435856197991.jpg
22KB, 180x260px
>>81543733
Snyder is so dumb he fucked up Watchmen turning it into another capeshit movie
>>
>>81544844
>Since I want an actual discussion though second guess would be that he knows he's fucked either way so might as well come clean, I'm going to die or go to prison either way.

Specifically, I'm talking about on the helipad, where he delivers his monologue.
>>
>>81543820
is tone deaf and not in the character is supposedly adapting
>>
>>81544592
Circular logic is circular, bro.

When people keep providing evidence to the contrary of Snyder being the "drooling retard" you insist he is and you keep saying "It ain't smart because he's dumb," the only person that comes off looking like a retard is you.
>>
>>81544654
>The original David Eyre cut is predictably colored and saturated the exact way you would expect based on all these past movies.

Where is that cut?
>>
File: maskofthephantasm.jpg (498KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
maskofthephantasm.jpg
498KB, 1000x720px
>>81544866
i guess it takes a lot of the right people in the right positions to make it work

marvel used to shit out garbage movies too until the MCU came around, and even these movies fail from time to time, like for example the Hulk and Iron Man 2 sucked real hard, but they're pulled by the great success of the other MCU movies

with DCEU im no so optimistic, and it's sad because they really are the superior capeshit universe, their animated movies and serials are god tier capekino
>>
>>81542398
>a fucking CGI airpost

lmaooo
>>
>>81545369
Watch the movie and you'll notice when.

Especially if you've also seen Eyre's other films. He has a particular style via Fury and Last Watch that you can pretty easily see change throughout SS.

+ you can actually just read the actual news on it if you give a fuck. Once you compare Eyre's older movies, Trailer Park's original trailer, and then see the final cut, i think you can guess with 90% accuracy which scene is reshot vs original.
>>
>>81545150
>meaning he was planning on releasing Doomsday before he found out that Supes hadn't killed Batman and before he found out that Batman took out all of his men.

Meaning that he planned on releasing it, regardless of the outcome. So at this point, it comes down to making your choice on who you think Lex had his money riding on - Bruce or Clark,

Also, if the timer was set to go off 40 seconds from Clark showing up late, how do you think it would have played out had Clark gone in after Bruce with guns blazing?
>>
>>81545188
Yeah, him and more than half the country.

[/pol]
>>
>>81545150
Guess Lex knew all along that Batman wont kill Superman and if Superman kills batman, he would accuse him as a murderer so that people will lose their hope that he is a God. Lex's main motive was to kill Superman with Doomsday cos so far Zod (another kryptonian) was the only one who can match Superman. Even if doomsday kills Lex, he would be seen has a hero and people would hate Superman even more.
>>
File: JokerCheck.jpg (195KB, 1280x860px) Image search: [Google]
JokerCheck.jpg
195KB, 1280x860px
>>81545520
Was this reshot?
>>
File: mercy.png (143KB, 346x549px) Image search: [Google]
mercy.png
143KB, 346x549px
Was mercy a robot?
>>
>>81545750
then what about doomsday? What happens to him with superman dead?
>>
>>81545750
>Lex knew all along that Batman wont kill Superman
hell no. If naything he thought that the opposite was inevitable.
>>
>>81545802
The kryptonite that Batman had. Lex knew there are others with super powers and its their burden now. Maybe Lex had a contingency for that.
>>
I'm just convinced Reddit is here. Reddit has BvS as the 3rd most underrated film. Not a SINGLE Marvlel film got on any lists, good or bad. I'm 100% convinced this is meta trolling to get people to see this film and waste 3 hours of their life. The film is not good. Even if we ignore the fact capeshit is inherently shit, trying to be 'serious' about it is just wrong. You could literally defend ANY film by pretending it's deep and mature and awesome.
>>
>>81545094
>having dominant colours in specific scenes means there is no diversity
Really? Can you actually say this with a straight face?
>that you go EVEN farther to say it has "the most diverse aesthetics across a film I've ever seen"
ONE OF, and yes it's an important difference and yes it is one of the most visually diverse films I've ever seen.
For a film to naturally transcend from the desaturated aftermath of the destruction of a city to a brilliant desert scene full of vibrancy without feeling disjointed is an insanely impressive feat
And no amount of name-calling and "I can't even" will change that. Be less butthurt

>Headcanon excuse
This isn't a headcanon excuse. You pointed out the visual similarity between two scenes and I pointed out the similarities and differences between both scenes in visuals and in thematics. That you got buttmad again because it hurt your point isn't my fault

> You have to defend every single aspect of the movie as if its a fucking art-house palm d'or winner.
I don't defend every aspect. I think some of the dialogue was handled poorly. I think the design of Doomsday was uninspired. I think Lois' actions at the end were poorly realised for the sake of an allegory to King Arthur
You're just mad that I don't have the same criticisms you have.
ie
>stop having different opinions to me!!! REEEE
On top of that, Batman V Superman is probably the closest we've had to large budget art-film in decades. That you mention the palme d'or is a fucking joke since Cannesis literally hipster circle jerk where journalists all shout the loudest trying to be outrageous in order to get some recognition
(Also you're objectively wrong about most of the film but whatever)

>here is no winning because you have fucking 150 minutes of autism to dissect selectively for whatever ad hoc interpretation is convenient.
Ultimate edition is over 3 hours... further proof you didn't watch it I guess
>>
This meme needs to die.
>>
>>81545150
>So Lex just conveniently happened to step foot in the room that can conveniently make a mindless monster that will conveniently force the three superheroes in this movie to put aside any differences and work together in the climax, and with no idea of what could happen thinks that making a "deformity" is a good idea. Decisions like that made on a whim don't make Lex seem like the genius the movie is trying to imply he is.
He didn't "just happen"
But yes, the time between him learning what he could do with Zod's body and him doing it was very short.
As I said above somewhere, it was a win-win situation for him. Either Doomsday was subservient to him, or else Doomsday acts as proof that Lex was right and humanity needed a deterrent
>>
>>81545995
yeah, sounds like a lot of contrived bullshit.
>>
>>81546071
>proof that Lex was right and humanity needed a deterrent
>only capable deterrent is superman
>proof that Lex was right and humanity needed a deterrent that is its own deterrent
>>
>>81537282
EL JUSTO
>>
>>81546064
it won't. WB earmarked half a billion for marketing for the DCEU. And at this point that means realigning public opinion after each movie turns out to be horrid.
>>
>>81545995
>i lost my means of controlling this potentially unstoppable mad god I'm about to create

>I'll just make it anyway
>>
>>81545854
Not really, Lex literally begins the fight between the bats and supes as a test to Superman not the other way.

>If God is all powerful, he cannot be all good.

The whole fight was to break Superman and turn him into a murder. Batman was the scapegoat here.
>>
>>81545778
Or this?

https://youtu.be/Ac_Uil9Pays?t=300

Because these already have a warmer, more golden look to them, which is already a broader palette than was present in either MoS or BvS. And don't even have any of the freaky neon effects put to them.
>>
>>81546145
So Lex couldn't have known how powerful Doomsday would be, but could reasonably assume that if Superman was still even alive, he would've been weakened by Batman and thus Doomsday should have been able to kill him
(And this is the case, if it wasn't for Batman and Wonder Woman, Supes would have lost)

And Lex would have assumed that he would be able to kill Doomsday with kryptonite (and if the nuke fired at doomsday was made with kryptonite gas/shells/blades it almost definitely would've killed doomsday)
>>
>>81546196
>not understand Lex

Lex literally invited Doomsday to invade the earth. He has so much hatred for God since childhood, he literally calls the demon(Darkseid) to take over.
>>
>>81545802
>>81545995

Diana was in Metropolis for a reason. You think she hacked Lex if she couldn't break his encryption, or do you think maybe he "invited" her?
>>
>>81546207
and its idiotic, as just by standing there in front of lex, listening to his bullshit, superman is proving to lex and himself that he is neither all powerful or all good. As, by doing that, hes not saving all sorts of people in trouble all around the world.

Hell, just by having a relationship with lois hes proving he is neither all powerful nor all good, as when hes fucking her until she passes out, he is also in a state of not doing good in the world.

So the entire concept of getting batmans and supermans to fite cuz muh epicuruses is idiotic in literally every way, shape, and form, simply because by definition superman neither claims to be or fulfills any of the requirements of "god."
>>
>>81546064
You first.
>>
>>81546207
Wrong. Lex doesn't waste his time for stupid shit. He was careless in the desert and did not care about the bombing, either. He isn't working tojust let all his plans wash away. DO you think he did everything for kicks? The entire bombing part?

He wanted Superman to lose, and does not care about Batman.

>if god is all powerful
He means that as a fct, not a hypothesis. And since superman has sinned, he is not God, but others' perception of him as on bothers Lex.
>>
>>81543781
You guys are the ones shilling this everyfuckingday.
>>
>>81542354
civil war has actual characters that make sense. bvs couldn't even manage that. the conflict in civil war is well crafted and makes sense too which bvs also lacks
>>
>>81546275
>And Lex would have assumed that he would be able to kill Doomsday with kryptonite
which he would have gotten from where? And then kill doomsday exactly how? The mental gymnastics you're going through is fucking Olympic Gold quality.
>>
>>81546279
>Lex literally invited [darkseid] to invade the earth.

You got your packet mixed up, I'll help you out.

also by all indications, lex wasn't aware that larger more powerful entities existed until after creating doomsday sent some sort of message outward that got literally satan to check in to see what the fuck was going on, hence the "bell can't be unrung" bits and him acting like ringing the bell wasn't his fault.
>>
>>81546071
>But yes, the time between him learning what he could do with Zod's body and him doing it was very short.

Not all that short. Watch. It's a backwards reveal. The scene where he first accesses the Kryptonian database is a continuation of the scene where we first see him enter the ship. It's a backwards reveal that parallels Bruce's scar.

Watch his wardrobe. He spent most of the movie with all that knowledge.
>>
>>81545231

Yeah like when everyone put aside their differences in the end to fight the giant squid.

Wait...nothing like that happened. So what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>81546396
>also by all indications, lex wasn't aware that larger more powerful entities existed until after creating doomsday sent some sort of message outward
pretty sure he found out about darkseid when he asked the computer to teach him everything.
>>
>>81546398
>the lex in ship sequences were non-linear as indidcated by him having labcoats in some scenes and not in others!

less absurd than "the knightmare was bruce's fears, not vision of future!" but not by a whole lot.
>>
>>81546275
The Clark/Doomsday fight is a win/win. Had Clark delivered Bruce's head like he anticipated, the winner of that fight is either an engine of destruction or the guy who just beheaded a famour billionaire.

Either way, Lex gets his "alien threat."
>>
>>81546465
>knows about darksied
>creates doomsday to kill superman anyway

There really is no justifying any of snyderlex's actions.
>>
>>81546313
nigger Superman never wants to be a God. He wants to be as human as possible while saving people as much as he could. But meanwhile there is also a part of the human population who is scared of him while the rest see him as a God. Lex who grew up with hatred of Gods doesnt want Superman to be seen as a God. Lex wants himself to prove that he is better than Superman and humans dont need a God. Btw God is subjective here.
>>
>>81546207
>The whole fight was to break Superman and turn him into a murder.
He's a bit late then, since Superman killed Zod at the end of the first movie.
>>
>>81546372
>which he would have gotten from where?
where they find a shit load off the coast of indonesia and Bruce doesn't have much
So simple subtraction tells me that not all the kryptonite in Indonesia was moved to America
> And then kill doomsday exactly how?
Kryptonite gun?
>>
>>81546006
>Even if we ignore the fact capeshit is inherently shit, trying to be 'serious' about it is just wrong.

No offense but that's a dumb thing to say.
>>
>>81546525
Again, there were numerous ways to prove superman wasn't god that didn't involve EPICCGIFITE

thus the reason the script settled on what it did becomes perfectly clear.
>>
>>81546328
When did i ever say Lex did it for the kicks faggot? Lex's only motive has been to bring down Superman.
>>
>>81546561
>where they find a shit load off the coast of indonesia and Bruce doesn't have much
>So simple subtraction tells me that not all the kryptonite in Indonesia was moved to America
go rewatch the movie for the millionth time. Now you're just making shit up to fit your narrative.
>>
>>81546473
It's literally the same outfit, jackass.

https://youtu.be/5Gq-LiqB-M8

https://youtu.be/xsBBryVv06c?t=5
>>
>>81546631
What's the mistake here? Or is this just a deflection until the thread gets pruned now it's past the bump-limit?
>>
>>81541195
>muh STORY
>writing off one of the most essential aspects of storytelling
I can understand liking a movie but to completely ignore blatant faults when they're staring you in the face is just baffling. Are you guys competing in a pleb olympics or something?
>>
>>81546738
Bruce took the entire rock. IT wasn't a boulder they found in Indonesia, it was the same amount that Bruce chipped away to make the spear.
>>
>>81546566
>>81546566
>Again, there were numerous ways to prove superman wasn't god that didn't involve EPICCGIFITE

Which is irrelevant, considering he wasn't trying to prove shit about him, unless you take Lex Luthor to be the stereotypical villain who cucks himself by revealing his "master plan,"
>>
>>81546566
>LOL SUPERMAN POOPS HE AINT GOD XD LMAO I WON

This how you are trying to argue. Getting killed by a man would mean Superman is weaker than he thought and also proves him that humans are powerful. He doesnt go for any man, Lex wanted someone who can come close to fight Superman in terms of efficient battle preparation and tactics.
>>
>>81546006
>go to reddit
>check MCU sub reddit
>it has twice or more the amount of users in DCEU sub reddit

i just did this so that I can prove you MCU is the most redditest shit only next to Deadpool
>>
Say, in the spirit of full disclosure, I'd like to share that there's one guy on the anti- side of this argument who's to big a pussy to admit when he's been totally BTFO and just skips blithely along like nobody notices. He never concedes one point in an argument because he lacks the sack to engage in an honest debate,

He likes to call people "zero-sum fucks" and post a lot of roto-scoped "art" he made. He's the veritable epitome of an intellectual coward and I just wanted to share my love for him with you all.

Whether you're a shill or legitimately just this pitiful an excuse for a human being, never change, you cowardly faggot.

>>81538872
>>
>>81543905
>REEEE SHILLS ALWAYS BRING UP MARVEL
>posts marvel
why are you the way you are
>>
>>81547147
the funny thing is he probably edited out the part where the glove catches the bullet with his face turning red with frustration and say "that's actually cool" through gritted teeth.
>>
>>81547220
Or maybe it was because that happened about three to four seconds before the clip started.

https://youtu.be/I2vfNbxkTUQ
>>
>>81541576
>3 videos by the same highschooler
Find a better way to shill your channel kiddo.
>>
>>81541616
Look at those upboats. If Reddit really loved BvS those boats would be up past 10k.
source: I use Reddit too
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.