[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you first recall seeing the word "Kino" show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: real kino.png (217KB, 530x280px) Image search: [Google]
real kino.png
217KB, 530x280px
When did you first recall seeing the word "Kino" show up on this board? First time I saw it was in relation to Batman v Superman, and people were saying "capekino" and whatnot
>>
>>81535986
BvS practically invented the kino meme. Kino did exist before as obviously it means cinema in german and yes kinography etc is a true word but on /tv/ I am pretty sure it only began being used as a term for "pure cinema" when BvS came out.

Kino to me is basically an art piece style of film that has rich visuals, 10/10 cinematography and that is basically what BvS is despite the movie in general being mediocore
>>
Kino emerged on cinema ranking charts shortly after people started differentiating between flicks, movies and films.

BvS was just the point that the term exploded in popularity with the /v/ sensibility crossposters rather than being the language of the dedicated hard art elite of this board as it had been before.
>>
It's Kino - Cinema - Film - Movie - Flick and Kino is the highest level
>>
>>81536042
Cinema is almost like Kino but made for a more mainstream audience.

Kino though is pure art house and hence why it is better
>>
>>81536021
The sad thing is, there is already a term for "pure cinema" developed by French film theorists/directors in the 20's. We didn't need to make up a new one.

"Photogenie" was defined by Jean Epstein as anything that's "moral character was enhanced by filmic reproduction", and said that if something wasn't improved in meaning or significance by cinematography then it had no business being in a movie.
>>
about September 1998
>>
>>81536021
I feel honoured to have witnessed the genesis of all the shitposting then. Thanks for the info, dawg
>>
>>81535986
Also, how would you explain kino to a normie, without shitposting/trolling?
>>
probably because that's when you joined the board
/tv/ was even referring to Man of Steel as kino
>>
>>81536283
make fun of them for not knowing what kino is
>>
>>81535986
It's been used on /tv for a couple of years now. Originally it was only used to describe out here artistic films but now is used ironically and unironically to describe anything someone likes or pretends to like to screw with the normies.

To me personally it means something so bad/stupid that it's good if that makes sense...
>>
File: blackhat.jpg (654KB, 1200x1900px) Image search: [Google]
blackhat.jpg
654KB, 1200x1900px
>>81535986
First there was the movie or film meme.
Then the meme became flick - movie - film - cinema.

And kino literally means "cinema" in some parts of the eastern europe and germany etc so kino became the highest ranking form of a visual medium in the meme.
But the the word kino latched on as an expression for a film which uses the visual medium at it's full potential which people used to trigger others or just as a "this is a good movie" statement.

Also first film which was called "kino" here was pic related my dear newfriend
>>
I'm German..... Cinema = Kino.
We also have the saying "Das ist ganz großes Kino" when something (not just a film) is really good. Pretty much means this is big kino/cinema... So, always?
>>
>>81535986
when people started posting those flick, film, movie and kino pics with different pics of movies for each "rank" respectively
>>
2 Rear 2 Window
>>
File: 1490905176570.png (46KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1490905176570.png
46KB, 619x453px
>>81537510
>"Das ist ganz großes Kino"
piefken sind echt süß
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.