[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about this movie series? I loved it as a kid, mainly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 13

File: Jurassic_park.jpg (153KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic_park.jpg
153KB, 1600x1000px
Can we talk about this movie series? I loved it as a kid, mainly because I fucking loved dinosaurs (still do I suppose)

But I rewatched the first trilogy yesterday and dammit that ruined it. There are SO many annoyances, plot holes, things just straight up make no sense or are beyond cheesy it really took a piss on my perceived enjoyment of them.

I also realized I hate almost everyone in this movie, especially all the kids. What the fuck, how can they be THIS annoying.
>>
>>81520032
JP 1 is awesome anon.

I had all the books about dinosaurs and a real heavy dino phase myself. I wanted to fuck and suck the Stegasaurus.
>>
Nobody ever cared about the human characters; it's always about the dinosaurs.
>>
>>81520032
JP is awesome and 10/10 movie to this day.
TLW is corny, cheesy, but entertaining
JP3 is bad
JW is garbage and an insullt
>>
File: fHT4u.jpg (149KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
fHT4u.jpg
149KB, 960x540px
>>81520063
>T-Rex is shown on the other side of the fence, you also see a goat standing there
>a bit later he rams into the fence after electricity went out and walks over the concrete railing
>a few mins later you see him push the car back to the other side and it falls down like fucking 40 meters

How did this happen?
>>
File: tumblr_m8tqn6T4FK1rsiohpo1_1280.jpg (204KB, 1280x906px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8tqn6T4FK1rsiohpo1_1280.jpg
204KB, 1280x906px
>>81520183
>>
>>81520139
This anon is right. Original JP is great but obviously repeated viewings wont'hold up to the standard set by the first time you saw it.

The sequels are really, truly bad movies except for Postlewaite.
>>
>>81520183
he's a big guy
>>
Only the first movie was good, although the T-Rex scene at the end was pretty stupid.
>>
>>81520226
>someone actually tried to answer this already in such an elaborate manner
hum
>>
>>81520238
I really don't like the kids and the woman though.
But then again having annoying as shit characters seems to be a recurring thing for JP movies. Just think of the married couple and the son they are looking for in JP3 dear God.
>>
>>81520238
>T-Rex scene at the end was pretty stupid.

that shit was ridiculous, pure Speilbergian tripe. He seems to go out of his way tot try and ruin pretty damn good movies in the last ten minutes of them.
>>
>>81520304
>"oh hey I have a computer at home, I can hack this right away!" - little girl as she enters some 3D thing where she finds a "node" or something
>>
>>81520304
oh shit how did i forget abotu those little fucks. Goddamit.
>>
File: 02.png (981KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
981KB, 1024x576px
>Jurassic Park 2
>The ship that has the big T-Rex on it (Baby Rex was flown in by helicopter, remember) crashes into the harbor
>they go on board and see that everyone was killed, blood all over the place, some ripped of arm still holding onto the steering wheel in the commander's room
>dude presses button and this cargo hold opens and the T-Rex comes out and runs off into the city

So how did they all die if the T-Rex was in the cargo room then, how did the T-Rex kill people inside the ultra tiny and tight rooms on the ship and then somehow end up back in the cargo room with the doors being closed
>>
>>81520350
A very 90s movie, unsure if it's as canny in the book.
>>
>>81520454

There was a cut scene where velociraptors got on the ship and killed the crew and they just kept the rest the same while cutting that scene.
>>
>>81520139
I haven't even seen JW yet.
Should I go do that tonight?

Is it even worse than JP3? At least the dinos must look amazing right, since they have modern tech and all
>>
>>81520032
the first and second where the best, it took the 90's adventure capitalist combined it with science climbing new heights and palyd out beautifully the rest are pure garbage for my sad fellow millennials to drool over
>>
>>81520514
It's entertaining, but ultimately disappointing and not very good. It has a nice thematic commentary on the use of cgi in movies to substitute for lack of writing, but other than that it's a forgettable experience.
>>
>>81520483
The book goes into a lot more technical background that doesn't play well on the screen, but they still got it right.

If you want to see a complete abortion of Chrichton's work, read Timeline then watch the movie.
>>
>>81520608
Man that movie sucked dick.
>>
>>81520304
Spielberg seems to think that having characters being in a family will make the movie more emotional, which is not true at all since we know from the beginning they will all make it out alive whilst the peripherical characters will die.
>>
What are some other good dinosaur movies or TV anyway?

I remember being really disappointed with the Terra Nova tv series, good thing it got cancelled right away
>>
>>81520514
it's terrible. JP 3 had some redeeming factors, like Grant, raptors, cool action sequences and shit. JW has none, it's a fucking trainwreck that tries playing on nostalgia but fails. you can see it as a meme I guess, but prepare to be disappointed
>>
>>81520502
sauce?
>>
>>81520682
walking with dinosaurs is top dinokino
https://youtu.be/rok7nrwJXEM
>>
>>81520691
Even the raptors annoyed me in JP3

>dude raptors were like, even smarter than primates
>all the raptors magically appearing before the group right at the end
>they just want their eggs back
what a load of fucking bullshit that was

Don't even get me started on the fact that a few seconds of a phone call with that girl Grant called (the one from jp1 that married some other dude after all) where she didn't even understand ANYTHING other than some garbled gurgling scream was enough to somehow end with the United States Navy or whatever appearing at JUST the right spot on the island a mere few hours later, conveniently also exactly where the group exited the jungle

And they landed there with like fucking 4 choppers, multiple landing LAVs and like 70 soldiers.

I'm so mad right now
>>
>>81520514
JP3 is awful but at least inkeeping with the series. It's a fun watch at the very least.

JW takes the "has science gone too far?" theme and bludgeons you to death with it. Sprinkle in some fanservice and CGI gimmicks and and, well... there you go.
>>
>>81520691
JP 3 was pretty bad too. Awful plotting, Grant had literally no reason to go in a rescue mission with in a dino island with a bunch of scrubs.
>>
>>81520682
>>81520770
sorry, this version sucks dick, just download it. heres a sample, cgi really aged, but it is still entertaining
https://youtu.be/lIo7cG0Mt4s
>>
>>81520842
Oh yeah the BCC documentary of sorts on them, I saw that many years ago, I liked it.
>>
>>81520781

The raptors could have and should have killed the entire group, then ripped the bag apart to get the eggs back.
>>
>>81520502
>>81520752
This isn't true, I started that rumor in these threads years ago, and once in awhile I see it get reposted. Blows my mind.
>>
>>81521196
no you didn't
it's not a rumor, in the books raptors get on the ship
>>
File: landscape-1464387952-jw.jpg (66KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
landscape-1464387952-jw.jpg
66KB, 1024x512px
>>81520032
I would rate the series
1>>>2=JW>3

JP1 has been one of my favorite movies my whole life

Lost World is alright, for purely dinosaurs it's good if not better than the first. But the story and characters suck. The "good guys" in the movie are the ones fucking everything up and are pretty much responsible for all the deaths

JP3 was okay, that early 2000s cgi doesn't hold up as well but having grant back was cool.

JW is fairly mixed, it seems like they go for some snarky camp aspect with the whole park and the military villain guy. Didn't really have as much intense scenes as the others but is still alright. At worst it's pretty much what a jurassic park movie made by Marvel would look like
>>
>>81521245
>it's not a rumor, in the books raptors get on the ship

There is no fucking ship in the book. That whole ending sequence was only in the movie.
>>
>>81521266
Don't watch JP1 again. Now that you're no longer a kid you'll see all of its flaws and how obnoxious half the cast is.
>>
>>81521434
Not him but I watch it every few years and still love it
>>
>>81521434
I still like it, the characters in it are fine. I still may be blinded by "nostalgia" or whatever but I still think it's good
>>
>>81521434

Kids enjoy it.

Teenagers and early 20's are contrarian douches who look for flaws and find actors obnoxious because everyone is obnoxious and nobody understands their deep pain in life and WAKE ME UP INSIDE.

Adults enjoy it.
>>
>>81521434

My biggest question, after all these years, is why keep the raptors in the first place? They can't go on display and they're too intelligent to weaponize.

My second question was why, if they're so smart, didn't they hold on to the crane the cow was dropped on and let it lift them out of the enclosure?
>>
>>81521651
I'm fucking 30 and I find it hard to look past the annoying cast and the weird things they say and do now.
>>
>>81521681
smart raptors meme only blew out in sequels, in JP height of their abilities was opening doors, and it was stated that alpha female is really smart and others learned from her, they made a big deal of how special this one raptor was. they werent that smart overall in the first movie. and Hammond still planned to have them in the park, they were in holding pen because they were reinforcing their habitat at the time of the movie
>>
>>81521865
the whole raptor meme really went too far
It's a surprise they didn't have them pick up a rifle and shoot the group with
>>
>>81520350
It was the early 90s. Spielberg didn't give two fucks about being realistic for you nerds. Shut up fatty.
>>
>>81521349
There is a ship in the first book with raptors on it you little bitch.
>>
>>81522057
Still doesn't make sense why they would cut that from The Lost World. But there's no real defending that movie. It's easily Spielberg's worst, most cynical, only made for the money movie.
>>
>>81520114
Same thing with the Transformers series, nobody fucking cares about any of the human characters, everybody wants to see CGI robots beat the shit out of each other
>>
>>81520514
JW is horrible, only good for CGI
JP3 at least had some good characters and action sequences
>>
>>81522109
Transformers is just too bad
No amount of explosions can salvage that
>>
>>81521914
Critchon in The Lost World book wrote fun side plot about raptors. his reasoning was that the smarter the animal, the more it learns from its parents and relies on instinct less. and genetically engineered raptors had no parents, no older specimens to learn their societal norms and abilities from. so all raptors were fucked up psychically, were agressive, constantly attacking and killing each other and other animals, had no stuff like pecking order or proper comuncation and coordination and shit because they were not raised properly. shame they didnt use that plot in the movies
>>
>>81522169
>good characters

Such as?
>>
File: 1491530610344.jpg (121KB, 598x362px)
1491530610344.jpg
121KB, 598x362px
>Redditors don't like Tim and Alex because reddit culture says "Every kid character is le annoying"
uh, color me surprised.
>>
>>81520514
JW basically plays out like a Final Destination movie with dinosaurs.
>>
>>81522258
Explain.
>>
>>81520183
>>81520226
It's cool there's a graphic now but this was talked about in an interview somewhere a borillion years ago. It didn't get conveyed in the movie well but the movie's continuity was always in line with the actual geography of the location they shot in.
>>
>>81522228

If Tim had given Grant the gun in the control room, they'd have killed that raptor.
>>
>>81520770
Holy shit walking with dinosaurs was absolutely pure kino
I loved it as a kid
>>
>>81522200

You can deduce it by comparing JP and JW, in the first one the raptors turn out as sociopathic, aloof and kill for sport and in JW they learn from each other and from a 'father' figure about social skills. The Indominus grew up fucked up in the head too because she was left alone
>>
>>81521196
No you didn't. This has been pointed out by people for years now as a possibility. There is however no evidence that there was ever a planned scene with raptors aboard the ship.
>>
File: this triggers the nu male.jpg (291KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
this triggers the nu male.jpg
291KB, 1920x1040px
>Grandmother 12 kids
>mother 3 kids
>you a dog and an abortion
REMINDER
Jusrassic Park is NOT abotu hur durr scary dinossaur isn't cool guise XD it is about family and more important bearing the responsability of bringing life to this world
if you didn't get this the first time watch this video for more detail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHPjVgYDL6Y&t=761s

spielberg movies are ALWAYS like this, Jaws isn't about a shark, it is about the relationship of three man from different classes banding together for the greater good of each one of them
E.T is about the troubles of growing up without a father figure
>>
Why was it so hard for them to just make a movie about a group of whatever ragtags trying to survive on dinosaur island?

Why do we need annoying brats, "superhero" kids that can do everything, a romance plot, le 3smart5u raptor meme and so on
>>
>>81522494
wow you figured something out everyone knew already
>>
>>81522523
>ME WANT TO SEE BIG DAINAHSAUR
KEEP SHOVING YOUR MOUTH WITH THAT POPCORN YOU FUCKING PIG, SHOVE THIS THING DOWN YOUR THROAT.
>>
>>81522178
I can't believe everybody went to see it
I guess explosions and robots is enough to make everybody flock to see the movie
>>
>>81520454
T-rex wasn't in cargo hold at first but on the deck in that cage thingy. Then it broke free, then ????, then the crew lured and trapped it in the cargo hold. You can see the broken cage as T-rex escapes from the ship.

Stupid scene though, no explanation on who killed the captain.
>>
>>81522533
don't understimate this board level of autism >>81522523
>>
>>81522211
Doctor Grant
>>
>>81522549
lmao >>81522523 fucking rekt
>>
>>81522579
He's still right, though. We didn't need hacker kids and the like, it was just a very cheap plot device.
>>
>>81522494
Wow holy shit you figured out some obvious shit
>>
>>81522285
The movie is a series of disaster set pieces in which people are killed in increasingly elaborate, over-the-top ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBTE3aH5gpw
>>
>>81522211
Doctor Grant
Hammond
Malcom
Tim (literally one of the best protrayls of a kid who loves dinossaurs)

Every character in this movie is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLGeFfxdEkA
>>
>>81522588
I guess but the excuse given for him to return was flimsy at best. JP3 is still a whole lot better than TLW though.
>>
>>81522622
Literally one of the first scenes of the movie is Grant fucking up a computer, then Alex (the new more evolved generation) can use one
>>
>>81521681
They bred them without knowing how smart and dangerous they would be. Muldoon's first line in the movie is how he thinks they should all be put down, so it's safe to assume Hammond is keeping them against his Game Warden's advice, probably because he loves nature and dinosaurs and shit.
>>
>>81522650
No, no. I'm talking about JP3, not the original. I was responding to >>81522169
>>
>we just filled up the missing dna with frog dna bro
>>
>>81522695
... yeah, that doesn't make it not a cheap plot device. What the fuck is with you. I didn't say it was illogical, I said it was stupid and cheap.
>>
This thread proves my theory that disney can literally put 2 hours of x-wings fighint each other and retards would eat it up
>>
>>81520770
Anyone remember "When Dinosaurs Roamed America"?
>>
File: 121334234545.png (170KB, 400x371px) Image search: [Google]
121334234545.png
170KB, 400x371px
>>81522758
It wasn't stupid nor cheap
One of the back bones of the movie is how life is always evolving and some things should just be left in the past for the new have a chance
>>
>>81522772
That's because it's star wars
Hell they could literally just do 3 hours of Darth Vader breathing and everybody would still go see it
>>
>>81522772
I think the difference is that people who watch a dinosaur movie want to, understandable, see dinosaurs.

They don't want to have 30 minutes of the movie across multiple scenes be wasted on some literally who cares guy trying to get back with his wife.
We get it. Establish it and leave it at that, screen time is precious so don't remind us of them trying to fix their relationship all the fucking time.
>>
>>81522758
The kids were characters in the book too, you fucking retard.
>>
>>81522824
ASMR
>>
>>81522813
It's a 12year old girl who can hack her way through high-tech security. her only skill is then used in the movie while no one else could figure it out.

go back to tumblr.
Just because something as a theme, that doesn't make it great or without flaws.
>>
>>81522845
Nigga Jurassic Park was the biggest box office ever until titanic
I think people want these "literal whos"
>>
>>81522884
That doesn't contradict what I'm saying, you fucking retard. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>81522925
It would have been without all of that, too.
>>
>>81522916
>high-tech security
she didn't have to crack any passwords or anything like it
she just had to click on the sector then click in "shut doors" wow, how difficult
>>
>>81522960
That's retarded in its own way.

What kind of computer works like that? Where you have some weird 3D view of files on your computer as you fly around?
>>
>>81522960
Which no one else could figure out. And yes, even the password system is then fucking stupid. Cheap.
>>
>>81522845
You're describing JP3, not the original.
>>
>>81522986
Everyone else that was computer savvy was dead by that point. It does make sense that she was the most familiar with that stuff.
>>
>>81522986
>Which no one else could figure out
there were 4 people in that room, Tim who doesn'tlike computers, Grant who doesn't like computer, Ellie and Alex
It is not like it was a room full of the park employees
>>
>>81522977
Dude it was the early 90s and a Spielberg adventure movie. Did you really expect some realistic computer GUI? Don't be stupid.
>>
>"spared no expense"
>only thing keeping any dino in check is the electric shock you get when touching the fence, which apparently isn't even enough to kill a little kid (Tim gets shocked and survives np)
>otherwise the fences are so brittle a trex can just run right through it

great planning of your park there hammond
>>
>>81523033
Again, it's still a cheap plot device because of how they portrayed the character, what came before, and whatnot. A 12year old girl with no personality besides being a computer genius was able to hack that thing and that was all she was ever good for. Because there are no other ways to solve this movie / sequence.
I am quite sure Samuel L Jackson couldn't figure out that simple thing either for some reason, albeit it's been some time since I seen the movie or read the book.
>>
>>81523087
Incorrect. Sam Jackson's character had to go through lines of code because Nedry had sabotaged the system. What Alex did was a lot simpler than that.
>>
>>81523087
SamJakson died trying to get the power back on to shut the doors
and Alex had personality
>that scene where she fakes falling to hold hands with Doctor Grant
>That scene where she screams her guts out about the laweyer lefting them
>That scene at the top of the three with the cow-ssauros
>>
>>81523075
No but why does Spielberg have such a hardon for giving kids superpowers?

>JP1 the girl is a pro elite hacker and can navigate a system that other than her only a few select specialists can handle
>JP2 Malcolm's black daughter mentions she's an acrobat, which is important because later on in the movie we see her doing a ridiculous acrobatics performance on a random ass bar in a building to kick a velociraptor that just stands there in awe out of a window
>JP3 the little kid managed to survive on the island for 8 weeks and just so happens to be right there when Grant gets surrounded by raptors, throwing gas grenades to rescue him; he also collected trex piss and learned how it lets him scare away other dinos
>>
>>81520608
I really want to see Pirate Latitudes on the big screen, the book is so theatrical it would be perfect, but sadly probably overshadowed by that Pirates of the Caribbean garbage. The best adaptation of his work is for sure The First Great Train Robbery.

As for Jurassic Park...boy are the book and film different, but the film is still good. Grant in the book almost seems like an autist.
>>
>>81523146
>she screams cuz someone left them
>she faints, she's scared of dinosaurs
Ok, sorry, she was a scream queen then.

>>81523143
Why did he have to go through lines of code and not her?
>>
>>81523080

The movie reminds you every 30 seconds that the park is not ready with constant errors and things not working properly.

The broken seatbelts on the chopper, the security barrier on Mr. DNA's tour not working, the raptors having to be contained in a tight claustrophobic prison, the doors and lights on the cars not working, the dinosaurs not appearing behind their fences, the sick triceratops, the storm etc.

The park was a lawsuit waiting to happen, they really did spare expenses
>>
>>81523152
Again dude, it is not like Alex cracked the fucking sysem or something, she just fucking clicked a buttom written "Shut doors"
>>
>>81523152
I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and say it's because these movies were also intended for *gasp* children whose parents would then spend lots of money on merchandise for them. But you know, just a hunch.
>>
>>81523152
Because otherwise the kids would serve no purpose other than to make things harder for the adults. Also Spielberg didn't direct JP3
>>
>>81522108

They took a lot of scenes from the first book and put it in the lost world. Like the rex and the waterfall scene
>>
>>81523181
Because Jackson had gotten the computer systems back online and functional by then.
>>
>>81520183
>>81520234
the only answer
>>
File: Alex.jpg (426KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Alex.jpg
426KB, 1920x1040px
>>81523181
rewatch the movie dude
>>
The most idiotic thing in JP2 is how they decide to take the screaming baby rex into their camper to care for it. Right after the movie established how the woman knows so much about dinosaurs and what to avoid.
>>
>>81523190

More than that, the whole thing was kicked off by a lawsuit caused because they didn't bother figuring out the dosage to tranquilize a predator before putting it in an enclosure.
>>
>>81523285
JP2 is garbage, spielberg was foccused on making SPR and half assed it
>>
>>81523087
it was the 90s you fetus, computers were not as popular and most people couldnt operate them. being interested in computers was a legit personality trait back then, because most people didnt know shit about computers and fucking around with them as a hobby would be seen like learning quantum physics in your spare time for fun to us in current year
>>
>>81523285

And then, right after that shit show, she runs around wearing a jacket with the baby's blood on it, which she doesn't ditch even when called on it.
>>
>>81523285
It was the tree hugging guy who brought it back. Ian's girlfriend didn't like it but decided to treat the rex anyway.
>>
>>81523215
Adding to this, I get the feeling a lot of you weren't old enough to experience the first movie when it first came out. There were toys, video games and every other type of tie-in merchandise imaginable. It was a tentpole franchise summer movie aimed squarely at kids.
>>
https://youtu.be/2h8rH8zxA64?t=2m4s

Defend this
>>
>>81523342
It's a stereotype.
>>
>>81523381
Most would agree TLW is Spielberg's worst movie overall. We're mostly talking about the first JP here.
>>
>>81523448
Okay, defend this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUlAQZB9Ng
>>
>>81523381
The worst part about that scene is the face the raptor makes after she yells at it. Also how it was conveniently impaled after being kicked out the window.
>>
>>81523381
>>81523448
wasn't he directing it by Universal pressure for funding SPR or something?
>>
>>81523389
Oh shut up. It's not like any of the characters were especially three dimensional. It's a Spielberg summer adventure movie. Your complaint is stupid.
>>
>>81523479
NIGGA SHE JUST CLICKED A FUCKING BUTTOM IT IS NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE KIDS NOWADAYS DO SHIT MUCH MORE HARDER THAN IT WITH THEIR CELLPHONES
>>
>>81523479
I would, but theres nothing wrong with it
>>
>>81523505
Exactly, it's shallow. The movie is shallow. The film holds together, but that doesn't mean it's not stupid or has cheap plot devices.
>>
>>81523625
what is a great movie for you
>>
>>81523625
It's a summer popcorn movie with the social commentary from the book largely removed. Taken in that context your complaints are invalid. Did you also complain that Indiana Jones wasn't a realistic depiction of an archaeologist?
>>
The movies are enjoyable because dinosaurs but really they're no better than Transformers
>>
>>81523697
posts like this should be a bannable offense
>>
the jurassic park sequels suck because most of the cool characters died in the first one
>>
>>81523479
Literally nothing wrong with this scene. You're just a curmudgeon.
>>
>>81523746
jurassic park sequels suck because spielberg stopped trying once kubrick died
>>
>>81523715
How am I wrong? Both are summer flicks you'd go see as a kid with the whole family eating popcorn and just enjoying yourself without thinking much.
>>
>>81523688
It's a minor complain and always was. We didn't need hacker kids or any of that sort as it's a cheap plot device. That's all I ever said and you proven me right. It's a summer blockbuster and that's why it's not so important.
Just because it may have fit with an overall theme of a movie, doesn't exclude it from being dumb. Which the guy was praising like no one knew about it.

>>81523652
I never said that I didn't like Jurrassic Park, you retard.
>>
>>81520226

No fucking way there's any huge drop behind that fence here: >>81520183

It's all uphill to the mountains in the background. I've gone over this so many times and there's no other explanation. They fucked up. Big time. Still one of my favorite movies, though.
>>
>>81523493
I read that Spielberg pressured Crichton to write a sequel actually.
>>
>>81523787
I didn't ask you if you like jurassic park, I asked you what do you think is a great movie
>>
>>81523803
Spielberg has always taken the attitude of not sweating the small stuff. The audience is too swept up in the moment to care and that was his job. If nerds want to argue about that shit later, he couldn't give two fucks.
>>
>>81520032
You're fucking autistic, just move on.
>>
Reminder that in the novel Hammond fucking dies to raptors because he saw every dinosaur as an attractive
>>
>>81524059

Liar, he got eaten by compys.
>>
>>81521688
Your BODY is 30.
>>
>>81524059
Nope, he wasn't killed by raptors.
>>
>>81524089
>>81524126
I havent read it in like 5 years be he died to something
>>
>>81520032
This is the problem with making a movie this reliant on CGI. Ten or twenty years later, it looks like ass.

On a totally unrelated noted, anyone watch LOTR lately?
>>
>>81522228
Is another thing they parrot from Pleb Letter Media.
>>
>>81524163
It really wasn't that reliant on CGI. A lot of the best shots were achieved through animatronic puppetry.
>>
>>81520183
That t Rex and cliff shit always bothered me.
>>
2deep4u, perhaps?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CHPjVgYDL6Y
>>
>>81524204
Based Stan Winston. So fucking cool.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B4J9TBlFxAg
>>
File: 1482907584688-pol.jpg (58KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1482907584688-pol.jpg
58KB, 720x479px
>>81520454
>>
>>81520350
Its actually a real file interface from the time if you look it up.
>>
>>81524254
The real answer is that Spielberg wanted two cool sequences. He wanted the T-Rex breaking through the pen and escaping and the dramatic escape down the dropoff. I don't think he was overly concerned that internet nerds would bicker over the logistics years later.
>>
>>81522494
delete this. Jurassic Park is about feminism in survival situations and women rule the planet.
>>
File: angry cold super robot monkey.jpg (59KB, 690x478px) Image search: [Google]
angry cold super robot monkey.jpg
59KB, 690x478px
>>81524329
I was fucking pissed when I heard about JW because I knew little to no animatronics or puppets would be used
>>
>>81524416
Or maybe some people noticed something glaringly obvious. Strange, I know.
>>
>>81524512
Yeah but who really cares?
>>
Saying that Jurassic Park 1 sucks is too much edge for me.
>>
>>81520032

I was 9 when this came out and it was the biggest thing ever. Everyone in school had JP stuff, clothes, collected stickers and whatnot. It made the dinosaur interest explode. Everyone was talking about, drawing and writing stories about dinosaurs. All the dinosaur books in the library had year long waiting lists. It was just crazy and fantastic. What a time to be a kid.
>>
>>81520032
I think some of the characters were intentionally bad to make us appreciate the dinosaurs more. Take Newman for example.

>Ah ah ah, you didnt say the magic word!
>DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

I straight up rooted for the Dilophasuarus when it killed him in what would normally be a terror inducing horrific death scene.

Also even when I was a kid, I remember hating the kids. My family was on the poor side so watching those little fuckers pig out at the dessert buffet made me hate them, and in turn root for the raptors hunting them.
>>
>>81525326
More like intentionally realistic. Newman/Nedry would feel right at home here on 4chan. I really like how he makes fun of Dodson being all sneaky playing at spygames, when Nedry is right, most spying doesn't involve super secret spoopy nonsense.
>>
File: 1438654688761.jpg (78KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438654688761.jpg
78KB, 540x720px
>>81520139
>tfw remembering the reddit invaders who claimed it was the best since the original
>>
>>81523285
I like that she's an animal expert but she goes right up to the baby of a dangerous animal and touches it.
>>
>>81525151
I was 10. JP fever swept the nation that summer, man. In the age of these modern mega budget CGI heavy summer movies, it's hard to explain to the younger generation just how much of a spectacle JP was.
>>
>>81520139
>JP3 is bad

Oh fuck off. At best its average. You're probably one of those trex autist who had their pussies bleed when Spino B L A C K E D T-Rekt.
>>
>>81520139
TLW was fucking garbage. What were you on when you watched that bore fest? Far from entertaining.
>>
>>81521434
I just watch all the parts with dinosaurs in it and skip everything else.
>>
>>81520139
JP > JP3/JW > TLW

TLW is a fucking joke, plot of the movie was to put goldblum in a world populated only by idiots who make the worst decisions possible.
>>
>>81523845
Not him but this is the true faggots argument.
>>
>>81520805
The plot actually does a good job showing how he got tricked into going to the island:
>couple approaches grant saying they chartered plain to fly around island for tour
>they want him as an expert guide and promise they won't land and say they will give him money for his dig
>he refuses but the young guy pushes him into it because he wants to come along
>he tries to stop them from landing but gets knocked out

Grant was reluctant and wanted to stay out of it from the get go
>>
>>81522977
It was a real GUI for some Linux distros, but was hardly ever used
>>
>>81524329

>they actually used real dinosaurs
>mfw
>>
>>81520139
Yep, this is correct.

JP 1 is amazing. 10/10.
TLW is corny. Not the same at all as the first.
JP 3 is bad.
JW was fucking awful and absolute garbage.
>>
>>81520183
A better question is, how did the T-Rex randomly appear just in time to eat the raptors when Grant and the others were in the museum? They specifically make a note in the movie several times about how you can hear it coming or feel it coming - the vibrations in the water. Suddenly, this big monster is just in the museum and nobody noticed it, or saw it, never mind how it even got in there...
>>
>>81527710
See >>81524416. It doesn't really matter.
>>
>>81527598
The full size animatronic T-Rex was something like 20 feet tall and 40 feet long. CGI just isn't the same as being able to act when looking at something like that.
>>
>>81528241
this industry fell once Winston died
>>
>>81528417
No joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SK1qTnhHzI
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzQr3Ml0UI
>>
File: sGRJyqC[1].jpg (181KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
sGRJyqC[1].jpg
181KB, 1600x899px
>>81520032
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHPjVgYDL6Y

This video is precisely what you are looking for. Pic only semi related
>>
>>81528149
Ah so we're just throwing consistency out of the window for a cool ending. I guess Spielberg expects his audience to be idiots.
>>
>>81529159

>what is entertainment
>>
>>81529159
It's a big budget spectacle movie, man. Don't sweat the small shit. Peter Benchley tried to argue with him about the air tank blowing up the shark at the end of Jaws. Spielberg told him that if he had the audience in the palm of his hands up till that point, then he'd have them for that last five minutes. I absolutely agree with him there.
>>
>>81529159
Watch a documentary then you robot.
>>
>>81524329
God that looks so real and amazing i hate that it's all replaced with shitty CGI now.
>>
>>81520032
>Sam Jackson died off screen because they didn't want to fly him back in for one scene
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.