[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is probably a question better suited for /tv/. Is 3D animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Pixar.jpg (13KB, 635x317px) Image search: [Google]
Pixar.jpg
13KB, 635x317px
This is probably a question better suited for /tv/. Is 3D animation a novelty that just doesn't seem to wear itself out? We haven't had a full 2D animated film in many years and many of the major studios that do tend to screen animated films are only invested in 3D tech.

Not trying to bash any of the given formats either, just curious.
>>
First of all: Which board are you from and did you bring your falcon?
>>
>>81508483
Doesn't matter because I know /tv/ hates everyone.

Now list me your thoughts.
>>
>>81508542
Im sorry but /tv/ has a no singles policy. Please come back with a partner of your choice.
>>
3D is here to stay.
>>
>>81508600
Nice script

>>81508739
But for how long? Surely one company will come along in the next decade and meme it into oblivion sometime?
>>
>>81508784
I can't think of any reason why American studios would go back to 2D, and it would be very difficult to go back which would make it even less likely that anyone would want to.
>>
>>81508784
3D is much cheaper and will not disappear. You're retarded.
>>
>>81508784

What exactly do you expect to replace it?
>>
>>81508960
It actually is more expensive, at least going by Disney's budgets. I don't know what makes it so expensive though.
>>
>>81508998
the budgets are higher because the visuals are more ambitious. as well as the marketing.
>>
>>81508950
Because there's a lot of potential for 2D to blossom still and trying to look flashy and cute isn't all that's to a good movie.

>>81508960
>What is flash

>>81508992
Anything at this point. We can pull a Aardman and make stop motion for all I care, more creative merit than what DW and Pixar are doing.
>>
>>81509090
They could have spent extravagant sums on 2D movies too if they had wanted to.

>>81509139
They've already dumped 2D and committed to 3D, 3D sells, and the more time passes the more difficult it is to go back because the 2D animators change jobs, leave the company, or retire.
>>
>>81509239
>and the more time passes the more difficult it is to go back because the 2D animators change jobs, leave the company, or retire.

Depressing thought but still hope it overstays its welcome and people get tired of it by the time kids now are adults.
>>
>>81509475
I don't think that's ever going to happen, and 3D animation is only going to get more and more normalized over time.

If people had such a hard-on for 2D it would already show.
>>
>>81508444
Adults think 2D is for children.
Children think 3D is for "grownups".
Thanks god for Japan.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.