[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

13 Reasons Why discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 32

File: p13762579_b_v8_aa.jpg (212KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p13762579_b_v8_aa.jpg
212KB, 960x1440px
last thread hit bump limit >>81487006
>>
File: 1491916583240.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491916583240.webm
3MB, 720x480px
Spoilers ahead........................................
>>
13 bumps
>>
bump for Tony
>>
File: 56488.png (228KB, 349x315px) Image search: [Google]
56488.png
228KB, 349x315px
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_Reasons_Why
>Rapetron 3000
>>
>>81506228
It's a normie shit, what's more to say there?
>>
> John Porter Gilley sucks the little booty
> This is normie humour
>>
>>81506808
>>
watched all the episodes of Legion and then went to watch that piece of shit. It got worse as I had seen something really good and then I went to see something really bad, forced, pseudo teenage drama, what a great piece of poop
>>
This wikipedia page had me dying
>>
>>81507059
I wonder how much it would trigger people knowing there's no way Bryce is actually getting convinced because of a recording. And Jessica didn't remember anything, no way to prove they even had sex. Bryce would be found not guilty.
>>
>>81507762
Dude, there are a MILLION holes in the script. It's 13 hours long. A critic could tear it apart. Still, it was a good show, right?

Did you shed a tear at any point?
>>
>>81507854
Didn't watch the entire thing, desu, but watched most of the emotional scenes. Her suicide and her parent's reaction were only scenes that didn't make me want to break my computer. But since I wasn't emotionally invested, I didn't cry, but it did make me upset and I felt it was fairly believable with her mom was it will okay, desperately trying to save her child. Should have at least got a towel though.
>>
i dont know how anyone can possibly relate to hannah as a character

she is a drama queen cunt that causes 95% of her own problems
>>
Anybody else feel this would a much better story if it was about Tyler killing himself and not the trope of the attractive woman being raped and killing herself?
>>
>>81507958
You took something away from it, that's the main thing.

I groaned a few times at the bad situations then minutes later had a lump in my throat. It's a 1/10 some moments then a 10/10 others.
>>
>>81508053
not really, the acting is fucking terrible, nothing can save this piece of trash
>>
>>81508075
I'm not a complete edgelord. I can feel things, just not any depth for her.

>>81508087
That was the only scene I felt realism. Fuck the rest.
>>
>>81507992
How about drama queen women who cause 95% of their problems?

They're certainly a large enough demographic to keep this show afloat
>>
>>81508228
>They're certainly a large enough demographic to keep this show afloat

females were a mistake
>>
Ok tell me what's good about this show and what's bad

it seems nobody will shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>81508319
i can't really think of anything good about it... it's pretty bad all around. hannah is cute, that's about it
>>
>>81508319
Just watch it. No point asking. All you'll get is

>it's great
>it's awful
>fuck you!
>no fuck you!
>>
>>81508319
good: Jeff, best bro and saddest story in the series.

bad: dialogue, main character's self consciousness and quirkyness, visually its bland as fuck.

tldr: watch twin peaks instead.
>>
>>81508342
Not to be a bother, but can you tell me what's wrong with it?

There's this normie in my class who won't shut up about it, and I kinda need a reason to tell him why it's shit or at least get him to stop talking to me about it in a non-completely asshole way, because that's all he bothers me about.
>>
>>81508319
Cons: It's overly-dramatic garbage targeted toward teenage girls

Pros: hard to look away from a trainwreck I guess
>>
>>81508384
the acting is very bad and hannah is not sympathetic as a character, you will probably be rolling your eyes at the reasons she gives for killing herself.

the main character clay is your run of the mill typical beta nice guy, and the jocks are typical douchebags.

its melodramatic crap with bad acting
>>
>>81508485
>rolling your eyes at the reasons she gives for killing herself

serious depression and mental issues, is that not reason enough for one to kill themselves?
>>
>>81508384
Watch it and decide for yoursef you fucking plebian
>>
>>81508662
she is not depressed, she's just a mental case borderline entitled brat that gets sad people can't read her mind

she's a fucking moron
>>
>>81508750
She also sees someone get raped, gets treated like shit and has shit ton of rumours made up about her as well as her social life destroyed.

Pretty hard hitting stuff as a teenage girl man
>>
>>81508795
the only actually bad things that happened to her are: a creeper creeps on her and takes pictures of her, and she gets raped

everything else is laughable bullshit
>>
File: flat ass.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
flat ass.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
Is season 2 gonna be about Tyler gunning some niggas and hoes down?
>>
>>81508819
>and she gets raped

Also had a councillor say it was horseshit and just to forget about the whole thing.
Gheez that sure isn't that big of an issue altogether isn't I?
>>
>>81506228
is that jacks son from lost
>>
>>81508877
so go to the fucking cops? who the fuck would go to a school councilor for something like that in the first place?
>>
>>81508851
Bryce's ass has more meat
>>
File: 1491276363777.gif (924KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491276363777.gif
924KB, 500x281px
The only scene that choked me up was when Justin was being abused by his mom's boyfriend and she just sat there and watched as he wept like a child, beckoning her with a silence to help him but she just walks away. Justin was the most tragic.
>>
>>81508907
She's a fucking teenager for god's sake, are you seriously implying that someone getting raped, then being told to forget about such rape, is wrong for not going to the right person afterwards when being completely distraught? again, she's a fucking teenager
>>
>>81508922
Do you/have you had issues like this?

I found the parts with Hannah's parents hard, probably because I have a Daughter.
>>
>>81508997
The counselor's entire thing is bullshit. I'm supposed to believe anybody is THAT bad at their job? Realistically, he would tell her that she can file a police report, but it would be extremely stressful and she would have to testify at trial.
>>
Characters that did nothing wrong:
Alex Standall
Jessica Davis
Courtney Crimsen
Zach Dempsey
Mr. Porter

Characters that harmed Hannah:
Justin Foley
Tyler Down
Ryan Shaver
Bryce Walker

Characters that indirectly harmed Hannah:
Clay Jensen
Marcus Cooley
Sheri

Discuss.
>>
>>81508997
>completely distraught

after she gets raped she went home and started making lists of 'how her life went to shit' instead of, ya know, going to the cops and telling them she got raped.

she's an idiot. stop making excuses for her. she talks to the councilor days after it happened and she tries to push the blame on him for not helping her, when she couldn't even help herself right after it happened, yet had the time to make fucking lists and all that bullshit.

fuck her
>>
>>81509279
Also, completely fucked over Jessica.
>>
>>81508877
>and she gets raped
>Also had a councillor say it was horseshit and just to forget about the whole thing.

True, but what ruins the execution. She sees a rape and does nothing, which means she was traumatized and scared, right? But instead of showing the effects of this event in her life, the series prefers to make her go to a party at the rapist's house.

She is raped. But rather than show the effects of it, the series prefers to show her creating a very rational and weird suicidal plan. So she decides to give herself one more chance and find a counselor, but she does it using a tape recorder, as if she already knew the counselor was not going to help her.

You see? It's as if the writer was forcing these situations just to make the audience sad and angry. Yes, this shit happens in real life and deserves attention, but the writing is very artificial. Result: a lot of people do not take it seriously.
>>
>>81509339
that's even worse. she sees a girl get raped and....doesn't fucking do anything about it and instead tries to twist it all around and make what happened "THE WORST NIGHT OF MUH LIFE"

fuck this bitch
>>
Guys, we can ALL agree that the show had faults. Every character was a retard. BUT... it envokes an emotional reaction from everyone that watched it to the end.

They did good, guys. Give credit where it's due.
>>
>>81509368
but what ruins everything is the execution*
>>
>>81509279
>Stop making excuses for her
She was raped.
>she talks to the councilor days after it happened and she tries to push the blame on him for not helping her
Well he didn't help her did he? He did the exact opposite in fact, going completely against what his job is and what he should of done. The councillor deserves prison.
>help herself right after it happened
You're speaking like someone is going to think logically or be completely stress free and emotionally stable after being raped

She's a fucking teenage girl, it's understandable she'd make lists or something, she' distraught as I said. And no, distraught from rape doesn't just wear off after an hour or so, it obviously effected her for a long fucking time.

ffs
>>
Threadly reminder that 13RW could have been saved had it turned out that instead of leaving when she told him to, Clay took out his pent up frustration of Hannah always going for the wrong guy and ending up being the one who raped her, but being so traumatised from having done so that he blocked it from his memory
>>
>>81509385
>*involkes
>>
>>81509413
so she's so distraught after her rape that she logically and methodically makes lists of how her life went to shit

how do you not see the fucking problem with that? she can do all that but not.... go to the fucking police

youre also ignoring how she sees another girl get raped and doesnt fucking do anything about that either
>>
13RW teaches that if you suffer from bullying, abuse or depression, there is no way out, no one will help you, the whole world is against you.
>>
>>81509368
These are actually good points and change my opinion slightly.

The content is good to an extent, but yeah the writing and the execution as you said is piss poor, and highly unlikely is how I guess I would say it.
>>81509375
this is a good point as well
>>
>>81509433
I actually thought that was going to happen and that's why he was running.

>Miss out on chance to slept with girl because she is scared of Chads raping her
>Chad rapes her anyway
>>
>>81509413
He only didn't help for the sake of story. Give me real life examples of a woman being raped and a counselor not giving a shit or telling them their options.
>>
>>81509482
What if people watch it and seek help because of it?

>fuck hannah! she should have done this reee
>maybe i need help
>>
>>81509534
>He only didn't help for the sake of story

councilors IRL are completely fucking worthless people anyway
>>
After the series, the calls to the help services grew expressively. Fuck you, haters.
>>
>>81509469
Yeah that last point you made there changed my opinion slightly

Maybe the rape made her realise some shit? Maybe it changed her thinking pattern so drastically it resulted in her making the lists? Or put her in such a different state of mind to do such acts?
Maybe the rape occurring to her is realisation of how bad it is, and she could feel guilty for not doing anything about the rape she saw previously occur?

It's rape, not really easy to objectively say what will happen afterwards or how one will react to it.
>>
>>81509537
look here >>81509564

>>81509534
I'm sure it happens, there are assholes and dumbfucks everywhere.
>>
>>81509565
all of hannahs actions can be easily understood by realizing she has BPD

she's not depressed, she's just a borderline
>>
>>81509526
I'm actually surprised its not the angle they went with. Given that the rest of the show is fairly heavy handed with some of the social commentary, a "nice guy" snapping and giving into perceived feelings of entitlement seems right up the show's alley. That and it would actually give some of the themes and tropes of the show some depth. Clay is the only character who refuses to believe that Hannah is lying about anything in the tapes, ever after the consensus is formed around Bryce being a rapist. If Hannah lies about Clay raping her to keep his name in the clear in the tapes, and then Clay recalls what happened and what he did, there's suddenly doubt cast on him as a character about why he was so determined to believe Hannah universally told the truth.
>>
>>81509537
Fair, but the reverse can also happen, dont you think? Imagine a teenager of 13, 14 years seeing this and thinking:

>No one helped Hannah.
>Counselors are assholes
>No one will help me.
>>
File: IMG_3758.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3758.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>You will never rape her then cuddle with her limp body?
Why live bros?

Does anyone have a webm of the student council dude feeling her up?
>>
>>81509687
>all of hannahs actions can be easily understood by realizing she has BPD
>she's not depressed, she's just a borderline
Another point that writing does not bother to develop. Not everyone who watches the show knows what depression is. In fact, most don't know.
>>
>>81509719
Totally agree. We can only hope it's the former. The show definitely highlighted the issue.
>>
>>81509600
>I'm sure it happens, there are assholes and dumbfucks everywhere.
But there are people who really care too. Why show only the negative side?
>>
Requesting a Webm Clay and Hannah getting hot and heavy that shit was hot, she ahegaos just from him kissing her
>>
>>81509854
Not sure really, guess that's the direction the writer wanted to go with.

I think it's poor, as I think it's not as realistic, as I feel majority of counsellor would do more

Not sure how you would implement both sides of it into the show tho.
>>
>>81509709
>nice guy" snapping and giving into perceived feelings of entitlement seems right up the show's alley.
Isn't that kinda the black kid already?
>>
Why is this there one 15 year old girl in this thread vehemently defending this show and it's awful writing

>Muh increased calls for help
>Muh real highschool issues

You have to be 18 to post on this website btw
>>
>>81509978
Projection much? try actually arguing points

Keep memeing though, you'll fit in eventually
>>
>>81509978
Bryce pls
>>
>>81509965
Ish, but if they really wanted to hammer home that message then Clay is the obvious choice. I actually would've preferred it because the idea of Clay knowing the truth that Hannah covered for him and that he was one of the direct reasons for her suicide, rather than some poorly written "why didn't you stay with her" bullshit, actually gives him some legitimate internal conflict. It also doesn't stray into the territory of making it seem as if Hannah made everything up (which obviously wouldn't have been allowed), but it does introduce a bit of skepticism which would have been welcome.

Also even though it would have made less thatn no sense within the context of the larger story, if the Chad to set Clay off had been Jeff at the party before he went upstairs with Hannah, that would've been even better
>>
>>81510031
But they aren't actual issues most people face. First, how many people in high school get a photo of an upskirt forwarded to everybody in the school? Who has a stalker that takes pictures of them daily? Who was voted nicest ass in high school? Who saw their friend get raped? Who was raped in high school from the same guy? Who went to the counselor and had zero help from it? It's fine to have a couple of these, but how many people in the world have experienced all of this to drive them to suicide?
>>
>>81510031

Ah there she is..

Bryce did nothing wrong btw
>>
>>81509978
OP here.
I finished marathoning this a few hours ago and I've posted 5 times ITT. The show dragged at times, and the characters were memey, but I'm genuinely gutted it's finished. I cried a dozen times watching it.

>Why is this there one 15 year old girl..
If there is a 15 year old girl ITT making up most of the 73 post count then maybe she needs to talk about the issue. IDK. I'm happy just reading the comments desu

I thought it was a great show, and get a lump in my throat just reading some of these comments
>>
>>81510148
These are good points I agree. It all adds to the "artificiality" of the series I guess.
>>81510158
kys you're not funny or edgy
fuck off back to /b
>>
File: received_1330966793647847.png (979KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
received_1330966793647847.png
979KB, 1366x768px
This scene was good tho
>>
>>81510148
Do you think it would be better if they did these issues individually and divided them as a season each? Even combining a few of the ones you mentioned

It would make the series more shit but more realistic I think
>>
>>81510300
My biggest issue is that people claim this shit is real or that this is all "triggering". For real suicide awareness, have REAL issues people face on a daily basis, not some 8-9/10 girl with a lot of unbelievable events to lead to her suicide. But people would give a shit if this show was about somebody like Tyler.
>>
>>81509904
When people are abused, even if they have people willing to help them, they will still find it difficult to express themselves. I think this is what should be the main focus, how hard it is to live with this trauma. But the writers seem so one-sided, obsessed with finding guilty, that they end up kind of causing two problems:

1 - make Hannah look not like a victim, but someone cold and manipulative.
2 - make all counselors look like useless people.

But if the show is helping make these themes more visible, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>81510346
I would say have Clay be the one to always be there for her, he asks her out, she rejects him and he rapes her. The person closest to her that was always there for her took her innocence. Destroyed her. That is something I could believe.
>>
>>81510346
If anything the show would have been better if it simply took the book as inspiration, and instead of some contrived plot about tapes with a billion plot holes in it, just make the show about how things do go wrong for Hannah and how she eventually decides to take her own life. I think part of the reason why she's such an unsympathetic character is that we only see cherrypicked moments of either good or bad in her life. Mix these events in with the mundane, and them slowly adding up actually carries some weight.
>>
Bryce for sure is /ourguy/
>>
Why does Hannah expect everyone to read her mind?
>>
>>81510523
typical female trait
>>
>>81510523
Women think other's should read their mind all the time.
>>
Was Jeff the best bro?
>>
Remindet if you watch this show made for moody teenage girls as a 20 something adult male you should be ashamed
>>
I am annoyed by Clay's chronic head wound
>>
I hate the Bruno Yoda Mars.
>>
>>81506228
it's pretty shitty, most of the characters are pretty forgettable. to the point where i couldnt remember who alex was or why he shot himself in the head.

the season lagged on around episode 8 or 9.

I felt cheated that they didn't wrap it up in one season.
>>
>>81510148
one of the critic reviews on imdb also made that point.
Had her life really been that shit, she was right to kill herself, but it's not realistic that it was.

I do feel for the characters, especially Clay and the parents, and the editing/shooting is good, but the YA writing really seeps through the cracks and stinks things up.
>>
Was it only me who thought the nigger was a qt3.14?
>>
File: tears.jpg (14KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
14KB, 384x384px
>>81510305
>no happy epilogue
>>
>>81511614
When this much shit happens to somebody, it is kind of expected that they kill themselves. Most things stem from a single issue that grows more to the point of suicide.
>>
So I just finished this in three days. The beginning was laughably bad and I came close to dropping it three times at least. Glad I didn't though. Not buying into the whole "she was being victim blamed" bullshit. She is the only one who deserves any blame for what she did. That suicide scene was dope. Very ballsy move.
>>
>>81512179
Sheri definitely.

Jessica hell no, and that really bothered me because one of the early scenes where Hannah gets mad at Clay involves him choking when she asks him if she's as pretty as Jessica. In fact, it's repeated several times: "Jessica is nice. She's the kind of girl boys like." What? Then why is every male in the school drooling over Hannah at one point or another?

Why is the show trying to make me simultaneously think that Hannah is "not as pretty as Jessica"/"not the kind of girl boys like" and also, somehow, the biggest sex bomb this side of Rita Hayworth?
>>
>>81509433
If that had happened I would have smashed whatever was closest to me. The memory loss trope that reveals a major plot point coupled with the "the protagonist was actually the bad guy all along" trope is the worst combination possible. I feared it would happen even all the way through the last episode.
>>
>>81512806
But the jock being the rapist trope is fine?
>>
>>81509194
>Courtney "Fuck that bitch, I ain't going down as a lesbian for a raped kid" Crimsen
>did nothing wron
>>
>>81512806
Usually, I'd agree, and if they had gone ahead with it in the same manner as the rest of the show it would've been lazy and stupid. However I think there's a way they could've employed it without it feeling like a cheap twist:

Clay and Hannah still hang out at the party, but maybe Clay is the one of them who gets a little too drunk in a bid to impress her. He and Jeff still have their little pep talk outside, but Clay decides against trying anything with Hannah. Jeff makes a move on Hannah in a bid to get a rise out of Clay rather than doing it maliciously. Clay and Hannah still go upstairs, she still changes her mind, but he decides that he wants more (they could absolutely use this to shoe-horn in the whole 'entitled "nice guy" syndrome' for some extra social commentary. Everything else unfolds as usual.

So, when it comes to the tapes, Hannah decides to keep what really happened between her and Clay out and lies, and says he leaves when she told him to instead. Still has the sympathy angle, and can reasonably be used as the motivation for the other kids to tell him that his tape is the worst yada yada. However, you write in that as they say these things, Clay starts to question whether he's innocent, flashbacks etc. So when it comes to his tape (given that he's the one banging on about her only telling 100% truth), you still get the initial fake out of his role just having been him leaving, before the actual 'twist' of him realising that he raped her.
>>
>>81510523
Adolescents do that.

Honestly the rape should've never happened. What sort of fucking idiot goes to a party whose host you know it's a rapist and a general scumbag? Is she retarded?
>>
I hate how condescending hannah is on the tapes

>Time to go to A4, kids.

jesus christ I was glad she got raped
>>
>>81507762
Bryce will lose in the civil suit though. His parents will be poor and no college for him.
>>
>>81508890
Yes
>>
>>81513511
Yeah, he would probably lose that but no way in hell is he getting prison time for it.
>>
>I mean.. what is a cum dumpster

I kek'd
>>
>>81513781
Even if she was still alive, he'd probably walk. But, he'd be parahia. Every Google search would reference him losing a civil rape case.
>>
If bryce is the alpha, and clay is the beta, is tyler the omega ?
>>
>>81514094
What is Justin?
>>
>>81514117

justin is sigma with alpha tendencies
>>
>>81510523
she never watched the original ending of evangelion
>>
>>81513857
Best scene in the entire show.
>>
asian chick with the lego face is /our gal/
>>
What is a statistical probability of so much rape in such a small group?
>>
>>81506228
I'm a 36 year old male and I unironically cried watching this show. I feel ashamed by this. I figure that either I'm having some sort of emotional breakdown, or, I'm just an absolute faggot. I'm not sure which worries me more.

I wasn't ready for these feels. I'd assumed it was just another overrated Netshit series that I'd dump after 3 eps but fuck me it has left me reeling.

Somebody please reassure me that I'm not going to do a Hannah. Why did I cry?

>inb4 just listen to the tapes!
>>
>>81510446
also I felt the focus on Hannah made it harder for others to speak about their own problems, like when a girl goes to the counselors and she is reluctant but about to open up and the counselors goes "This is about hannah, right?" and the girl clamps up immediately
>>
this drunken truth or date underage lesbian scene is kino
>>
>>81507371
What happened in Legion?
>>81507428
elaborate
>>
>>81514531

truth or dare**
>>
File: sZo-GzAQdGel.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
sZo-GzAQdGel.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
The madman's gonna do it in season 2
>>
>>81507762
why not? I did pay attention to his wording and it was basically "I did not rape her but if it means so much to you for me to say it, I will say that I raped her." I think its more about the public opinion than a conviction
>>
>>81514562
>elaborate
Myself and a few others were renaming the characters. At one point Bryce was renamed Rapetron 3000 and Clay was Gay. Mods jumped on and shut it down
>>
>WAIT, COME BACK, the show
>>
>>81507992
My favorite part is how she uses clay even from beyond the grave.
>>81508228
There is "bad shit happened to me so there are problems" problems and there is "I wished to say/part of me was saying" problems. the second kind are the type you should have your skull bashed in for
>>
Clays mom is an absolute stunner

my god
>>
>>81514733
>she uses clay even from beyond the grave.
He was the one that exposed it. The rest did shit.
>>
>>81508053
nah, Tyler is boring and too typical . I would tune in for alex and his gay drama but Tyler is a school shooter with no balls to actually do a shooting so he just acts like a vindictive cunt
>>
>>81510399

Depressed/suicidal people aren't interesting to watch.
>Cue someone laying in bed for hours and sometimes getting food.
>>
>>81514671
First, I would have to check but it very well may be illegal to even tape somebody without their permission in California, unless there's a warrant. Hannah's tapes would be inadmissible because you can't question the witness. For Clay's, Bryce could say he was distressed from Clay and what he may do if he didn't say what he did. And he's rich, he's getting the best attorney money can afford.
>>
>>81508319
Its a ride. if you like to watch shows and rage "everyone character is a cunt" than this is a show for you. If you want to root for anybody than you may as well skip it
>>
>>81514795
I meant about the awareness factor for people who aren't suicidal to see the signs.
>>
>>81508851
If I was her I would have grabbed Bryce's ass back.
>>
I>>81514675
liked the part where a guy was willing to let Rapetron fuck his GF because Rapetron helped him with his poverty and this point they are bit homo for each other.
>>81514675
>Mods jumped on and shut it down
how long did it take, I since that legit names look like
>courtney crimson,Marcus cooley, zach dempsey ,rayan shaver
etc
>>
>>81514964

right. bryce was a hunk
>>
>>81514776
What?
>>
>>81506228
>that subtext
isnt that a drake album?
>>
>>81514847
Your grammar and spelling are atrocious.
>>
>>81514989

you don't think she had the whole educated in shape hot milf thing going on?

I would have ate her pussy for hours
>>
>>81508485
I agree with it all. I would say I can see why she would kill herself since it all rolled on her in one go but I don't think anyone in That state would be making tapes with bantz
>>
>>81508795
except for the rape there was nothing really worth killing yourself over (especially how understanding her parents were about the money) you will note that rape happend after she was already thinking about killing herself
>social life destroyed
In any other story it would have been a trigger for a metamorphosis and a goodbye to shallowness
>>
>>81514976
A mod calld Mr7 was there changing it within minutes. He stayed and kept changing them back straight away so I left lel

Look at the edit history, shit was war
>>
>>81515020
I will give you grammar but I spellcheck needlessly so if there are any errors it means im tired
>>
why aren't there such things as adult dances

it would be fun
>>
>>81508662
hell no. half of tumbler would be dead
>>
>>81515166
u mean like clubs?
>>
>>81508997
>teenager
How long will you hide behind "kids in murrica are just tarded" 10 year old in middle east would be smarter and you can bet your ass a Russian teen would do better. my pity for porcelain people is very limited and guess what, in the real world most Americans also have problems and know better, they are not some gated community twats whos fuck ups fucked them up
>>
>>81515251

ya but less scummy and less frequent more like events you had to ask guys/girls to and more slow dancing music
>>
>>81509368
this
>>
>>81515324
Galas/balls?
>>
>>81509385
a lot of shows do that.
>>
>>81514493
you are a faggot because youve been insecure about this on like 10 different threads and actually made a thread about this. kys.
>>
>>81513414
It's just intelligent and quirky writing anon xd
>>
>>81515430

yeah like that. I love that shit.
>>
>>81514836
>in California
Don't know.
>be illegal
The cops can't tell you to record on their behalf but you can do it under your own power.
>Hannah's tapes would be inadmissible because you can't question the witness
Would not it be admitted same as testimony given at the prior stage. like if a witness dies from sickness or something they usually use the testimony given during the investigation. you could also submit it as raw data instead of testimony (like a writing on a page)
>attorney meme
They can't use magic. Its just the other side does not have anything solid. at best they may bust him for drugs.
>>
File: 13 inches why.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
13 inches why.webm
3MB, 853x480px
play it at a slower speed
>>
>>81515661
There are still laws regarding whether or not you can record a person without their knowledge. It could be a "dying statement", but it's just saying "he raped me, I have no proof and didn't file charges, but he raped me". High end attorneys are amazing and will give reasonable doubt that Bryce is guilty. I can't see 12 jury members convicting him on that little evidence.
>>
this show kills me. I find my self laughing at every other scene

its like degrassi on steroids but with cell phones
>>
>>81508381
Agreed, Jeff's story is the only thing that got to me, good dude
>>
>>81514613
Him and Justin are the only guys I had feels for. I kinda want him to take out someone.
>>
>>81515813
like I said with that evidence even a pubic defender would not have any problem getting him free.
>Bryce is guilty
guilty of what? I mean does not seem like they would have enough to charge him, there is enough for investigation to get started but nothing more.
>>
File: 1375536602324.jpg (18KB, 325x288px) Image search: [Google]
1375536602324.jpg
18KB, 325x288px
>>81508997
>for god's sake
literally kys
>>
File: 1418910759521.gif (608KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
1418910759521.gif
608KB, 255x197px
>>81509482
yup and people should just end their lives like she did :)
>>
>>81516421
>pubic defender
>>
>>81516657
kek
>>
cheri is so fucking hot

please tell me clay plows that nigress
>>
I've been avoiding threads about this until now because holy shit Clay's tape was a massive dissapointment.

>all that buildup during 10 agonizingly slow episodes
>listen to your tape dude everything will be clear, you're the worst EVEN WORSE THAN BULLYING AND CONSTANT PUBLIC HUMILLIATION :^)
>boohoo I left the room and didn't tell her I loved her, she died because of me

I am fucking mad.
Not even gonna watch the two last episodes.
>>
>>81517099
Episode 13 is worth watching because it has arguably the one and only good scene in this whole series.

Episode 12 has the rape scene
>>
>>81517099
>Not even gonna watch the two last episodes.
Yes you will.
>>
File: Untitled.png (16KB, 1136x571px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 1136x571px
post lez stuff
>>
>>81517099
I was laughing so hard. She does not even tell him he is bad for leaving the room, she outright says he did nothing wrong but she need motivate him to do her bidding.
>>
>>81517161
>Episode 12 has the rape scene

If you mean Bryce and Jessica, that was episode 10
>>
>>81517336
he means hannah taking it up the ass in the jacuzzi
>>
>>81517447
Whut
Now I gotta watch that
>>
what was the coffee girls name

why is she such a bitch
>>
>>81508319
> What's good
Hannah is highschool waifu tier
> What's bad
The rest
>>
>>81507992
Yeah pretty much. I'm at episode 8 now and I don't know what else happens and what else she lied about but that thing with Zach was straight up insane. She made no effort to understand the motivations or feeling of others but expected everyone to care about hers.
And sure, shit happened and she got hurt but she only thought about herself and harassed people even after she was dead. I mean she actually had parents who were nice and would have helped her. And she had friends. She chose to wallow and complain. Not to mention the fact that her parents were obviously already having a rough time. Finding your only child in a bath of blood can't helped. The least she could have done was to take some sleeping pills and not leave a bloody mess behind.
>>
>>81517499
go for ep 11 if you want anything more than a clenched fist
>>
>>81508877
> Did you get raped ?
> Maybe
> Did you say no or fight agains't it ?
> No
> Do you want to press charge ?
> No
> Then the only solution left is to get over it
Hmmm strange what about the part where the counselor said it was horseshit ?
Oh maybe it's you who spout horseshit about this show

Yeah figured
>>
>>81515793

>not just playing Yakety Sax at the same time
>>
>>81512488
Underrated.
>>
Sheri was easily the hottest
>>
If your bitch got raped would you stay with her or would you end the relationship?
>>
>>81517957
Sheri looks like micheal Westbrook the basketball player
>>
>>81517994

that accent tho.. take that back
>>
There's just too much drama and it gets ridiculous. All of that would never happen in such a short amount of time and it takes away from the realism of all of it. Like what was the point of the thing with Jeff?
>>
>>81517968
depends on how it happened and what after effects there are.
>>
>>81517968

no I don't fux with cheating hoes
>>
File: foil.jpg (73KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
foil.jpg
73KB, 500x375px
lads

I'm watching the first episode right now, and three minutes in there's a shit ton of Asian people
>two shots of an Asian student, once in the hall once in calss
>another Asian student gets his cap snatched by another guy
>teach is Asian

Is Netflix trying to reprogram me because people on the internet are crying about how Matt Damon accepted a role in a Chinese movie?
>>
>>81518221
better asian than black
>>
Guys please recommend me more teenagekinos.
>>
>>81518221
>three minutes in
>already questioning reality

This show is FUCKED UP.
>>
>>81518281
>teenagekinos.
Nothing will give you these feels bro. Just let it go.
>>
File: 1471701419672.jpg (42KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
1471701419672.jpg
42KB, 496x496px
>>81518264
this ain't what we went to 'nam for
>>
>>81518281

degrassi, all of it, its pure kino especially watching them grow up
>>
File: STOP.png (1MB, 1162x803px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.png
1MB, 1162x803px
>>81518221
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>81518221

>t. someone who lives in kentucky
>>
I was so disappointed at the end when the edgy camera kid didn't shoot up the school.
>>
>>81518221
Congrats, those are the three Asian characters.
>>
>>81518221

they probably just shot it in Vancouver.
>>
>>81518436

would have been to predictable
>>
>>81518436
Season 2 senpai
>>
>>81518455
Just like the rest of the show, they could have just lumped that in there at the end for extra free emotion points.
>>
Anyone else on the fence on how Hannah was sort of chubby yet attractive?
>>
>>81509194
Courtney was possibly the second shittiest person in the series
>>
>>81518553

shes definitely thicccc and she has perfect dick sucking lips
>>
>>81518553
would gladly doink her senpai
>>
So why the fuck didn't they let the rapist Bryce take the fall? That's literally all everyone would remember that she was raped and others were raped by him as well. It seemed like a pretty solid plan. When the fuck did they get a moral high ground and just said "YES LETS ADMIT TO EVERYTHING WE DID"
>>
>>81518553
She had dem lips
>>
File: waifu.jpg (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
54KB, 800x600px
>>81518683
>>
This mess isn't even the actors' fault. I mean, if they're shit in one or two scenes is obviously because they suck, but when EVERY single scene has them acting like expressionless robots delivering lines completely out of their character's age, then the showrunner and dialogue writers made them do it like that.

Also, there's a huge hypocrisi in the premise itself: you want to point out that there is no reason in slut shaming a girl just because she was acting her age, that's fine, she was dumb and trusted a dickhead, fine. But then you actually don't want her to act like a normal, sexually active girl and build the case around a fucking pantyshot?
The whole core is "do not judge girls for having sex or acting their age, but the protagonist is also pure, she's not a slut, see? it was just a kiss!". It's fucking asinine.
>>
>>81518553
She looked like she got fatter towards the end. The first few eps she was borderline chubby, towards the end she was almost a whale.
>>
>>81518553
>yet attractive
not too me, I would not say no but I would not go out of my way to get with her
>>
File: S E X.jpg (962KB, 1500x1091px) Image search: [Google]
S E X.jpg
962KB, 1500x1091px
30/10 would impregnate and creampie
>>
>>81518411
This bitch legit looks like a reptilian.
>>
>>81518805
thas lasisss!!!
>>
/tv/ let me take a picture of you guys

ITS FOR THE YEAR BOOK !!!!!!
>>
File: 543888.png (681KB, 762x706px) Image search: [Google]
543888.png
681KB, 762x706px
>>81518805
>>
File: TYLER.png (494KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
TYLER.png
494KB, 600x398px
>>81518839

COME ON JUST ONE PICTURE

ITS FOR THE YEAR BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>what is your drink
>"sprite"

fucking americans
>>
>>81509194
Better ranking:

Characters that did literally nothing wrong:
Clay
Mr. Porter
Zach

Characters that did douchey / typical high school things that in no way warrant suicide:
Justin
Alex
Jessica
Ryan
Courtney
Marcus
Sheri

Characters that might have gone too far in a few places:
Tyler
Bryce
>>
So I watched the show and wiki pedia'd the book.

It's to my understanding that the one person who did something horrible Bryce got away with it, and everyone else who really had nothing to do with anything got affected and their lives ruined. What the actual fuck is this show
>>
>"um hey guys, lets just let Bryce , you know the only person that did something horrible and raped her, yea him, lets just have him take the fall. I mean it's justice anyway."
>*faggot with nose ring and lisp who is obvious faggot but isn't actually suppose to be gay on the show because who ever did the casting for this show should be fired*
>"NOOO, wtf guys. He can't take the fall. We all did something bad!*
>*everyone agrees*

I don't get the moral or premise of this show. It's almost like at the end they are either saying the rapist guy didn't do something bad or that the writers are trying to say that everyone is equally as bad as the rapist guy. Both of which are fucking retarded.
>>
>>81519153
I already forget the names, which one is Tyler?
>>
>>81519374
The stalker?
>>
>>81519374
Camera creep.
>>
File: 1480331612218.jpg (8KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
1480331612218.jpg
8KB, 242x242px
friends

is this series an accurate representation of how americans live?
>>
>>81519153
Better Better ranking:

Dindu tier:
Clay
Sheri

Normal HS douchebaggery tier:
Justin
Alex
Jessica
Ryan
Courtney
Marcus
Mr. Porter
Zach

Wew lad tier:
Tyler

Jailtime tier
Bryce
>>
>>81519512
Yes
>>
>>81519446
>>81519450
Oh yeah, basically /p/ incarnate?
>>
>>81519533
Where's Tony?
>>
>>81519570
Tapes only ranking
>>
>>81519512
Accurate as to how high schoolers live.
>>
File: my sides.png (10KB, 150x134px) Image search: [Google]
my sides.png
10KB, 150x134px
>>81519533

>Wew lad tier:
>Tyler
>>
>>81517968
If she doesn't go to the police she probably just cheated on you
>>
File: 1491425638189.jpg (12KB, 199x216px) Image search: [Google]
1491425638189.jpg
12KB, 199x216px
>>81519630
>>81519549
Do moms actually helicopter into your room, monitor your homework and take away your phone/ answer it for you?

And why is everyone acting like a retard?

Do 17 year olds ask for fucking "sprite" in their tiny red cup when they are at a party?
>>
>>81519533
Bryce isn't going to jail, lad.
>>
>>81519699
She could be afraid nobody would believe her.
>>
>>81519533
People like Ryan and Zach should not be in the same tier as someone like Justin.
>>
more like 13 reddit reasons reddit why
>>
>>81519711
Protective parents can, but if you're 16, you tell your parents to fuck off. It's just what happens. If you don't want to drink, you just say whatever mixer they're using.
>>
>>81519720
If there was rape there's evidence.
>>
>>81519720
You should be afraid of the rapist laughing about raping you and raping more people.
>>
>>81519789
There's still shaming and who are you believing : the school slut or the football star?
>>
Let's not kid ourselves, this show was targeted for teenage girls, why are you watching it?

Are you a teenage girl, /tv/?
>>
>>81519999

I bet you never watched Gilmore Girls or the OC
>>
>>81519999
I agree with you and those digits

It's not very good honestly, it's upsetting me with it's lack of quality
But I have nothing else to watch while i play video games and I hope that watching it will help me recall some of that feeling of what it was like to be in high school
>>
>>81519984
We're not talking about the show here.
>>
>>81519999
i'm a grill, hi anon.
>>
>>81520080

asl??
>>
>>81520080
ayy where u @qt?????
>>
>>81519999
>Let's not kid ourselves, this show was targeted for teenage girls, why are you watching it?

I watched 3 episodes and got sucked in. Shit parts aside, some of it was pretty good.

>>81519999
>Are you a teenage girl, /tv/?
I'm in transition atm.
>>
>>81519999
I haven't delved into any of the threads, but every post I've seen on this show has been negative. Yet there's a general with 250 posts.

I thought you faggot didn't like this show?
>>
File: BALLOONS.png (186KB, 480x335px) Image search: [Google]
BALLOONS.png
186KB, 480x335px
>>81506281
>>
Is it like Skins but with only the depressive shit?
Used to really like skins.
>>
>>81520125
asl?
>>
>>81520197
yes
>>
>>81520067
That happens in real life, too, though.
>>
>>81520125
>>81520141
oakland, i like vanilla boys if u know what i mean.
>>
>>81520197

22/m/cali
>>
>>81520182
It's like Dawson's Creek with rape, a mystery and sad bits.
>>
>>81520213
D O X X E D
O
X
X
E
D
>>
How did you divas even hear about this show? Did MTV do a PSA about how important this show is?
>>
>>81520209
Yeah it does but we're not talking about a situation like that. You can't report what you don't remember We're talking about the times that someone was "raped" and refuses to report.
>>
>>81520289

i heard about it from /tv/ and i have netflix and its the current flavor of the week so i decided to watch it
>>
>>81520211
>oakland

i was gonna ask if you want to go to the zoo with me but i see that will be unnecessary
>>
>>81518411
>chads best friend is an asian too

i want off this ride
>>
File: IMG_4610.jpg (62KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4610.jpg
62KB, 650x366px
>>81506228
Would you befriend Hannah if you got the chance to?
>>
>>81520299
Didn't notice this was about a girlfriend being raped if you'd stay or not.
>>
>>81520490
nah she's a whore

why are her eyes so small in that picture?
>>
>>81520162
2 other threads today have hit bump limits, this ones at 270.

It's decent if you can ignore some shit acting
>>
>>81520490
no. she's a complete bitch.
>>
>>81518221
It's a demographically accurate west coast urban setting, guess the biggest minority groups?
>>
>>81520545
I'm glad I'm not the only one

This show is what made me realize why they cast 30 year olds to play high schoolers
>>
>>81514094
Alphas can actually get girls to want them, tho.
>>
>>81520490
No, she's a snarky, hypocritical bitch that was so obsessed with herself that she drove a guy to kill himself because he was a bit of a dick a year ago.
>>
why didn't clay claim her for the mighty beta dick before she got BRYCED
>>
>>81520490
Hannah no, Katherine yes.
>>
>>81520593

all the girls do want bryce tho, they just don't want to admit it
>>
>>81520490
She'd just probably humiliate me and tell everyone it's my fault
>>
>>81520610
uh, they were about to fuck and she flipped out and told him to get out but in her mind actually wanted him to stay but she kept saying get out, so he left

(she's a fucking retard)
>>
>>81515661
>The cops can't tell you to record on their behalf but you can do it under your own power.

Wrong. California is a two party state meaning both people have to consent to be recorded and it is a crime to do so without consent.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/california-recording-law
>>
>>81520593
Well it looks like he definitely got girls anyway
>>
>>81520634
Time is a circle and she was having rape flashbacks and getting triggered from the time Bryce would rape her in her relative the future
>>
>>81520490
I feel like she'd be drama 24/7. Even the latino kid she was hanging out with said she wouldn't shut the fuck up about it everyday. So no. She'd be too much.
>>
>>81520634
Jeff died for this
>>
Do Americans unironically talk to each other like they do in this show? I mean the families. It's all "hey let's get together for breakfast how was your poetry class sweetie what about you how was the party last night ohh you had one beer are you all right?" It's so cheesy.
>>
>>81519512
Middle class ones in suburbs, yes

Sports kids usually aren't school bullies in real life though. Passive aggressive internet geeks are the ones who give other kids the biggest shit.
>>
>>81519533
>Sheri
>didn't call the police when she knocked over a fucking stop sign leading to the death of a pretty cool guy
>dindu nuffin

Also why is Justin in the normal HS douchebaggery? He let Bryce rape his GF.
>>
>>81520693
Shit...he did.
>>
File: 13-reasons-why-death-scene.jpg (354KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
13-reasons-why-death-scene.jpg
354KB, 1000x1200px
>>
>>81519533
>normal HS douchebaggery
>Mr. Porter
>Justin

no
>>
>>81520694
....no. we do not talk like this. the dialogue in this show is how a 45 year old thinks teenagers speak to each other
>>
File: 1473946015181.jpg (24KB, 384x395px) Image search: [Google]
1473946015181.jpg
24KB, 384x395px
>this show
>>
>>81518072
They had to put in Jeff so not every character is an annoying pussy or a rapist.
>>
>>81520681
This a thousand times. Like someone else said ITT, she's probably borderline.
>>
>>81520723
The fact the Jeff didn't know how to break in front of a T intersection is not Sheri's fault
>>
>>81520776
she is a borderline. she's not depressed or anything like that. just go read about BPD and you'll see it fits her to a tee
>>
>>81520636
Arrest the dead chick then.
>>
>>81520769
I mean him dying. It's just melodrama.
>>
>>81520776
There are people out there who cut themselves for trivial shit that means the world to them but to the rest of a normal society its not a big deal. Like when the Asian Jock folded the paper and in her mind he crumpled it up and tossed it.

She's insane.
>>
>>81520762
Parts of the show were meant to appeal to adult fans of movies like the original Heathers, Less Than Zero, the "dark" 80s teen movies
>>
>>81520593
They literally let you grab their pussies.
>>
>>81520816

Wut? Clay would be the one in trouble for secretly recording Bryce. Hannah only made tapes of herself talking so there's no problem there.
>>
>>81520636
So it's illegal. Kek. Clay should be arrested for this.
>>
>>81520636
Yeah this wouldn't hold up in court
>"How did you get this alleged confession"
>"I asked to buy marijuana"
>>
>>81520834
Or how her actions contributed to a really cool guy's death but somehow all the stupid high school drama is more important and people who slighted her should pay forever.
>>
>>81509194
>Mr. Porter and Courtney did nothing wrong
>Clay did something wrong

stop
>>
>>81520898
It's a TV SHOW you faggot.
>>
>>81520913
I like how the show made him a cool jock. It was kind of only from Clay's perspective on how we saw him. He could've been an actual dick for all we know. But yeah he was cool.
>>
i wish i had a friend like tony
>>
>>81520956
Nah it's real life bro. BASED ON A FICTIONAL story. See it's real.
>>
>>81520677
top kek

>>81520828
Clay gets mad at Hannah after Jeff's death because he thinks she's trying to make it all "her drama" when she barely even knew Jeff. Clay doesn't know the reason she's so distraught about it is because of Sheri's stop sign thing, so he just blows her off, which kept them emotionally distant up until her death.
>>
>>81520969
Well yeah, from what we saw.
>>
>>81520694
its called being a fucking family and interacting while gathering

if you werent so fucking autistic youd understand
>>
File: tbqhwy.png (2MB, 1035x1075px) Image search: [Google]
tbqhwy.png
2MB, 1035x1075px
lads
>>
>>81521042
why do all the moms have nice asses
>>
>>81521042

shes so fucking sexy its unreal
>>
>>81506228
>>81506228
>>81506228
New thread

>>81521067
>>81521067
>>81521067
>>
>>81521005
Hannah kept them emotionally distant by fucking around and keeping him at arm's length. It could have been handled differently by actually delving into what was actually wrong inside of her instead of taking this easy route.
>>
>>81521042
M I L F to a tee. If i wasn't watching the entire series with people I woulda jerked off right then and there when she was in jogging pants
>>
>>81521026
not its called being a fucking american
>>
>>81521098
yeah, I'm not defending Hannah's character, I'm just saying that, in dramatic terms, Jeff didn't die for nothing
>>
>>81521099

not gonna lie I fapped to her at least twice

shes pure mommy kino
>>
File: teary pepe.jpg (14KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
teary pepe.jpg
14KB, 251x251px
>>81521042
>ywn
>>
>>81521042
BRAAAAP
>>
>>81521163
Yeah no I get all of that, just think it's cheap
>>
>>81517864
UNDER FUCKING RATED
>>
>>81520157
QT trap?
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.